Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Forehand"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- His forehand (along with Roger Federer and Fernando Verdasco) is considered to be one of the best in the game.
- His forehand was no less vicious and Agassi could only watch as a series of winners flew past him.
- The forehand is generally considered the easiest of the tennis shots to master, perhaps because it is considered to be the most natural stroke.
- The forehand, the Federer forehand reared its ugly head.
- After the forehand was shown to be in, Roddick gained complete control of the match and raced through the final set.
- King credited her semifinal victory to her forehand down the line, a new shot in her repertoire.
- But minutes later, Nadal recorded his 32nd consecutive win at the Monte-Carlo Country Club with a forehand winner down the line on his second match point.
- Troicki hits a big forehand and ventures to the net but is forced short with his volley, allowing Nadal to whip a backhand down the line.
- When Dulko shanked a forehand, it created a break point - and she was hoping for more mistakes by Sharapova.
- I had more mistakes with my forehand in that game than all week," Nadal said.
- The match finally ended after 4 hours, 16 minutes when Federer broke for the first time all day, with Roddick missing on a forehand.
- The match finally ended after more than four hours when Federer broke for the first time all day, with Roddick hitting an errant forehand.
- After Lu ripped a running forehand passing shot on match point to break Roddick for the first time, he looked and pointed to the sky.
- He was one of a number of Australian players who used the Continental grip in which the racquet is held the same way for both the forehand and the backhand.
- The pain wasn't so sharp as I felt so weak in my right arm, couldn't hold my racquet on the forehand side.
- Before shaking Rafter's hand, Agassi fired a forehand toward the lineswoman at the other end of the court.
- Second serve is to the Federer backhand, again Federer chips a backhand return cross court to the forehand wing of Roddick.
- More aggressive, trying to go inside the court and trying to do the point with the forehand.
- Blake throws every inch of himself into his forehand.
- Blake is known for his speed and powerful forehand.
- Agassi saved that one, but Haas converted his second match point with a forehand return.
- At 5-6, Federer went 0-30 down, then 30-40 down, then advantage down, and a forehand error handed Haas another set.
- Known for his strong forehand, Haas reached a career-high ranking of number two for the ATP Tour in May 2002.
- All strokes can be played either forehand or backhand.
- She has a very powerful forehand (Double handed backhand) and serves an array of strokes.
- A wide forehand by Agassi gave Johansson a break for 3-1 in the tiebreak and he followed up with a superb forehand return to take a 4-1 lead.
- A wide forehand from Agassi offered two match points to the Argentinian who converted straight away when Agassi returned wide.
- The first match point was wasted by Nadal but on the second Robredo hit a forehand wide to bow out.
- Almagro sent a forehand wide in the second game of the third to hand Nadal the key break before the 2005 champion served out the victory.
- But Davydenko's errors handed the set to Federer when he doubled-faulted at deuce, then missed a forehand wide.
- When Petrova sent a forehand wide to end the match, Sharapova covered her face with her fists.
- But Federer sent a forehand wide to end it.
- A brilliant forehand down the line forced Federer to project a forehand wide and it was Roddick who went a set in front after 39 minutes.
- That pattern created a clear opening down the line, but when Roddick tried to flatten his forehand out he found the net instead and it was 3-1 for Nadal.
- On HER first set point, Serena dumped one forehand return into the net, then did it again to give Sharapova a third set point.
- Wang Liqin is best known for his tournament play and is thought to have the best forehand drive in the world.
- Federer I think is the best forehand.
- Many tennis experts say that her powerful inside-out forehand is one of the best in the women's game.
- Games went with serve until 5-5 when Baghdatis put a simple forehand into the net to give Djokovic the chance to break.
- Soderling, seeded 23rd at this year's tournament, ran Nadal ragged on center court with his hard serve and booming forehand.
- Three-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal thought he reached the fourth round when he hit a forehand on match point against Robin Soderling.
- She ordered play to continue, despite protests from Sugiyama, and two points later Sharapova hit a forehand winner to advance to the fourth round.
- Under pressure from Sharapova's groundstrokes, Henin-Hardenne dumped a forehand into the net, making it 4-3.
- His groundstrokes are technically efficient on both forehand and backhand.
- After falling behind 3-0, she pounded the clay with her racket three times — forehand, backhand and forehand.
- Twelve months after describing herself as a 'cow on ice' on clay, Sharapova skidded out of the tournament by ramming a forehand long.
- Wang Liqin (right) winning a forehand drive against Jörg Rosskopf in a table tennis match.
- But right now I have to go inside because I am touching very good the ball with the forehand, and I have to do for this in the semifinals if I want to win.
- Nadal eventually got the breakthrough when Federer sprayed a forehand wide and sealed it with his opponent's only double fault of the set.
- A lunging forehand slice helped him break to take the lead for good at 3-2, and a double fault by a weary Nieminen on match point gave Roddick the win.
- Murray even snatched the opening point of the breaker but Tsonga could smell victory moving ahead when the Scot pushed a forehand wide on the seventh point.
- Another 15 minutes of tense tennis followed before the Frenchman pulled a forehand barely wide to give Sampras the victory.
- Nadal was in full flight against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the previous round, dancing around his backhand, while bludgeoning his forehand past the Frenchman.
- She uses two hands on both the forehand and the backhand, and is generally classed as an aggressive and hard-hitting player.
- Midway through the fourth set, del Potro hit a forehand winner and slapped hands with fans.
- When the 14th-seeded Schnyder sailed a forehand wide to get broken again, Sharapova covered her face with both hands and looked on the verge of tears.
- Andy Roddick (USA) - If you've got a wicked forehand and devastating serve, play as Roddick in Grand Slam Tennis.
- On the second deuce, he misplayed a forehand to give Federer a chance to secure his place in history.
- Sania Mirza: There's no doubt that my forehand and backhand can match anyone, it's about the place that they're put in.
- I was really happy with the way I played today especially my forehand, but she was serving and rallying really well too.
- Serving for the match, Nadal climbed out of a 30-0 hole, only to see Hewitt hit a forehand winner.
- Almagro sent a forehand wide in the second game of the decider to hand Nadal the key break before serving out.
- The Spaniard fought off three break points when down 4-2 but Baghdatis broke again for the set when Nadal made a forehand error.
- The 24-year-old Almagro had never beaten Nadal in five previous attempts, but he kept firing forehand winners past the Spaniard.
- Verdasco pulled a forehand wide on the next point, missed a routine forehand return at 15-30, and that was all the leeway Nadal needed.
- Roddick will keep Nadal at bay with his explosive serve, and the kind of aggression off the forehand that he must produce.
- The shot you'll hit most often in tennis - the forehand.
- Kuznetsova lost serve to fall behind 4-2 when she ended an 11-stroke exchange by putting a forehand into the net.
- Kuznetsova clinched it with a forehand winner and, three days later, claimed her first French Open title.
- Like JaJa, Steffi Graf can hit anything off the forehand; unlike JaJa, she can hit anything.
- I copied my crosscourt forehand from Steffi Graf.
- Williams took the next four games, and things got so bad that Safina swung and completely missed a forehand while serving at 2-5.
- That gave Safina a 4-2 lead, and she closed out the victory, falling to her knees with glee when Sharapova socked a wild forehand on match point.
- If Sania Mirza can make it to the third round, with that big forehand of hers, she could give Venus a little bit of a match.
- Venus plays with a single handed forehand, which has sometimes been known to break down in the course of matches.
- On the second, Venus went for a forehand passing shot that landed just wide of the line.
- Suarez Navarro squandered one match point while serving at 40-15 in the next game before Williams netted a forehand for her 37th enforced error.
- The match ended when Williams pushed a forehand wide.
- But it didn't work out," said Williams, who missed a forehand by an inch or so when she held a match point at 5-4 in the final set.
- And you start to realize, `Is it possible Federer even moves better?' Then you watch him play Andy [Roddick], and you go, `Andy has a big forehand.
- To sum up: Andy is quite rusty, Serena beat Andy again, Elton John has a wicked forehand, it was a fun time had by all.
- Murray came more under attack in the second set as Federer turned up the heat and broke the Scot in the third game when he netted a forehand.
- Roddick sent a backhand volley long to set up break point, and Murray followed with a forehand crosscourt winner.
- Serving to force a fourth-set tie-breaker, Del Potro netted a forehand to give Murray two match points.
- Down one set and two breaks, Gonzalez managed to get one break back, but Nadal kept the lead and finished off his opponent with a forehand winner.
- But Nadal, like his opponent, has a powerful will as well as a powerful forehand.
- He looks like an irresistible force on clay, and the topspin that he generates on his forehand can confuse and worry almost any opponent.
- When she slapped one easy forehand into the net, Serena cracked her racket against the court with such force she needed to replace it.
- Bartoli also had trouble with her forehand at the time, so when she made the switch to two hands, it greatly improved and she has never stopped.
- This made Toni Nadal intensify training, and at that time he encouraged Nadal to play left-handed, as he noticed Nadal played forehand shots with two hands.
- For many years the 1940s player Bobby Riggs was considered to have had the greatest drop shot of all time, off both his forehand and his backhand.
- After the match, Vaidišová hit a forehand into the crowd out of frustration, nearly hitting someone.
- Federer had a rare display of frustration after he pulled an easy forehand wide trailing 5-4 in the tiebreaker.
- Patty Schnyder of Switzerland hits a forehand on her way to defeating Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain in Rogers Cup Tennis action in Toronto on Monday Aug.
- After a tired Williams barely got a forehand back, Clijsters rushed the net and put away a forehand winner on match point.
- Venus can be inconsistent with her forehand, but then again, so can Clijsters.
- She needed four match points to close out the match, but won it when Hingis missed a forehand.
- Williams broke Hingis to 3-1 in the tiebreaker when Hingis struck a forehand long after a tough rally.
- A forehand into the net gave Davenport the break.
- When Graf netted a forehand return on the second match point, Davenport let out a scream of delight and covered her mouth with her hand.
- Match Point
- Tennis > Tennis Players > Rafael Nadal > Nadal
* Backhand Side
* Break Point
* Break Points
* Decisive Break
* Drop Shot
* Final Game
* Final Point
* First Set
* Forehand Long
* Forehand Volley
* Fourth Game
* Long Forehand
* Match Point
* Match Points
* Roger Federer
* Second Match Point
* Second Set
* Set Point
* Third Set
* Unforced Errors
Books about "Forehand" in