Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Action Films"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The action film was at its peak in the 80's and into the early 90's, spawning big-budget sequels and rip-offs galore.
- You didn't really get the term "action film" until the '80s with Die Hard, Lethal Weapon.
- Action films are largely derived from crime films and thrillers, by way of westerns and to some extent war films.
- Action films are largely derived from crime films and thrillers, by way of westerns and to some extent war films and disaster movies.
- Action films are a pnerodimant genre of Thai film.
- Action films are a predominant genre of Thai film.
- American Ninja is a 1985 film produced by Menahem Golan.
- American Ninja is a 1985 martial arts action film produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus 's Cannon Films .
- American Ninja is a simple-minded little Kung Fu action flick that is here simply for entertainment, no more no less.
- Men in Black II is a 2002 science fiction comedy action film starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
- The Bourne Supremacy is a 2004 film based loosely on the Robert Ludlum novel with the same name.
- The Bourne Supremacy is a 2004 film based on the Robert Ludlum novel of the same name.
- The Bourne Supremacy is a 2004 film loosely based on the Robert Ludlum novel of the same name .
- The Bourne Supremacy is a great fast-paced action film with Matt Damon starring again as Jason Bourne.
- The Bourne Supremacy is a humorless film.
- The Poseidon Adventure is a really good film, with no need for special effects or CGI, apart from the odd one or two.
- The Poseidon Adventure was a 1972 action film and adventure film based on a novel by Paul Gallico.
- Ghostbusters is a 1984 sci-fi comedy film about three eccentric New York City parapsychologists.
- Ghostbusters is a science fiction series created by in 1984.
- Ghostbusters is a ride through the warped minds of its creators.
- Ghostbusters II is the 1989 sequel of Ghostbusters ( 1984); the sci-fi comedy films are about four parapsychologists.
- Ghostbusters II is the title of a video game released for several home computer and console systems.
- DIE HARD is one action packed movie that offers thrills, excitement, and plenty of fast paced humor and wisecracks from Willis.
- DIE HARD is a great movie.
- DIE HARD is simply one of the most cinematic action masterpieces ever.
- DIE HARD is the greatest action movie ever created.
- DIE HARD: One of the greatest action movies of the late 1980s, DIE HARD ushered in a new standard for the genre.
- DEATH WISH is a flawless movie from every point of view.
- DEATH WISH is a taunt thriller that sparked more than one water cooler discussion in 1974.
- Death Wish is a 1974 film based on the 1972 novel by Brian Garfield .
- Death Wish is a film of relief for those who have completely lost their patience with crime waves.
- Death Wish was a major film scoring project for jazz composer Herbie Hancock, which earned him a Grammy nomination.
- Beverly Hills Cop III is the last installment in an awesome trilogy where nonstop laughter and action occurs.
- Beverly Hills Cop III is a film not to be underestimated, despite rapid disapprovals to its theme park setting.
- Beverly Hills Cop II is a 1987 live-action film starring Eddie Murphy and directed by Tony Scott .
- Beverly Hills Cop II is a great follow up to the classic first film.
- Beverly Hills Cop is a classic in the buddy genre, a perfect blend of action and comedy.
- Beverly Hills Cop is a great addition.
- Beverly Hills cop is a truly great film and is a very funny classic.
- The Nolan Batman films will continue, the Singer Superman films we have been told will continue and Justice League will have its own storyline and universe.
- None of the four Batman films has been good, not even the acclaimed Tim Burton installments.
- I have to wonder if they are willing to pay the huge amount of money to Bale to keep him for possible future JLA and Batman films.
- Bad Boys II is a 2003 film about Two loose-cannon narcotics cops investigating the flow of Ecstacy into Florida.
- Bad Boys II is a 2003 action comedy film by Michael Bay.
- Bad Boys II is a 2003 action comedy film directed by Michael Bay and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
- Bad Boys II is a cop buddy movie that features stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.
- Bad Boys II is a really remarkable film.
- A Better Tomorrow is a dazzling spectacular full of tear-jerking melodrama and jaw-dropping action sequences -- a cinematic feast.
- A Bittersweet Life is a 2005 film (see 2005 in film) by Korean director Kim Ji-woon.
- A Man Apart is a more professional group, I have to fight to get questions in.
- A Night to Remember is a far better flick.
- A Night to Remember is the 1958 adaptation of Walter Lords book by the same name.
- A Night to Remember is a fine book and movie but not better than Cameron's in my opinion.
- Action Jackson is a 1988 action film, directed by Craig R. Baxley.
- ACTION JACKSON is a funk-rock band that performs dance music for parties, corporate events, and weddings.
- Action Jackson is a 24 years old Male from Stephenville, but could be anywhere, TEXAS, United States.
- Action Jackson is a simple robot built by spare parts for a course project.
- Action Jackson is a simple robot that creates drip paintings similar to Polock’s but not as complex.
- Aragami is a 2003 Japanese action film directed by Ryuhei Kitamura .
- Aragami is an interesting samurai movie in existence.
- Aragami: The Raging God of Battle" It's not a fully blown action film instead its simple plodded.
- Ashes of Time is a film I could connect in almost everyway.
- Ashes of Time is a film that is rewarding on successive viewings.
- Ashes of Time is an action film about inaction, memory, and wrong choices.
- Ashes of time is a philosophical action film set in a stunning desert (which looks amazing thanks to Christopher Doyle's camera-work).
- Atomic Train is a 1999 action movie about an accidental nuclear explosion destroying the city of Denver .
- Atomic Train is a 1999 action movie about the explosion of Denver .
- Atomic Train is a deadly thriller, which is also action packed, dramatic, and devastating.
- AZUMI is a part of an elite group of assassins- raised from birth to carry out deadly missions.
- AZUMI is a triumphant blend of awesome swordplay-action, humor and raw emotion that may well be Ryuhei Kitamura's crowning achievement.
- AZUMI was an official selection of the Sundance Film Festival and South by Southwest Film Festival, among others.
- Azumi is a brilliant action film and highly recommended.
- Azumi is a great movie.
- BLACK HAWK DOWN is a gritty and realistic film, often a hard film to watch, but a good confrontation of the issues.
- Black Hawk Down is a deeply flawed shooter that has a moment of disappointment or frustration for every moment of fun.
- Black Hawk Down is a good film.
- Black Hawk Down is a good movie.
- Black Hawk Down is a great book that I recommend to all people who love action and adventure.
- Blastfighter is a damn strange movie.
- Another trademark of the earlier Page films were oversized, customized special weapons, which feature prominently in Fireback and Blood Debts.
- Former Spaghetti Western and peplum star Richard Harrison also acted in two films for Page, Fireback and Blood Debts ( 1983).
- Blue Thunder is a 1983 feature film that features a high-tech helicopter of the same name.
- Blue Thunder is a great tasting Power Activator, which combines technological innovation with the highest quality power packed ingredients available.
- Blue Thunder is a monster truck currently racing in the USHRA Monster Jam series.
- Blue Thunder is a specially modified helicopter.
- Blue Thunder is also a source of 32 grams of one of the highest quality proteins available, and is an excellent source of complex and simple carbohydrates.
- Bullet In The Head is one film that "hits" the audiences hard in delivering it's message on the brutality of war and it's effects on people.
- Bullet in the Head is a 1990 movie by John Woo.
- Bullet in the Head is a fine piece of cinema; one that I enjoyed far more than I expected.
- Bullet in the Head is a great film.
- Bullet in the Head is a great, ambitious movie; another masterpiece in the canon of an artist who has many masterpieces.
- CITY ON FIRE is a site specific monumental event reflecting essential and radical issues similar to the work of Christo and Jeanne-Claude.
- City On Fire is a mixtape containing 28 of the duos instrumentals.
- City on Fire is a 1979 disaster film directed by Alvin Rakoff and featuring an all-star cast, as was the custom for that time.
- City on Fire is a 1979 disaster movie directed by Alvin Rakoff and featuring an " all-star cast " as was accustomed for the time.
- City on Fire is a decently rendered Hong Kong cop film with a more interesting footnote.
- City Fire is a third generation family owned and operated fire protection business which has been serving the State of New Jersey since 1952.
- Clear and Present Danger is a novel by Tom Clancy, written in 1989, and is a canonical part of the Ryanverse.
- Clear and Present Danger is a novel by Tom Clancy, written in 1989, part of his series featuring the character Jack Ryan.
- COLLATERAL DAMAGE was made to prep Arnold for his run to the governor's mansion.
- Collateral Damage is a clear example of a score that could have --and needed to be-- a whole lot more dynamic and energizing.
- Collateral Damage is a thinking persons detective story, as the story situation is very complex.
- Collateral Damage is a true "American Idol" and his popularity increases every day.
- Collateral Damage is a well-plotted tale where not everything is what it seems, and when the truth comes to light the reader is certain to be satisfied.
- Conan The destroyer is a bit poo though.
- Conan the Destroyer was close, but didn't quite make it.
- CON AIR is a brainless super cool movie that plays to your inner macho man.
- Con Air is a crackerjack action film in the vein of "The Rock" and "Die Hard".
- Con Air is a good action film and several things keep it alive.
- Con Air is a good action film with a good story line to it.
- Con Air is the exception to that rule.
- Dark Blue is a 2002 film directed by Ron Shelton.
- Dark Blue is a better-than-average police drama revolving around police corruption.
- Dark Blue is the story of a police detective squad that is very difficult to tell from the criminals they try to apprehend.
- Dead Bang is a 1989 action film starring Don Johnson and Tim Reid , and directed by John Frankenheimer .
- Dead Bang is an action film released in 1989 .
- Dead Presidents is a well plotted drama that grabs your attention from beginning to end.
- Dead Presidents was a movie masterpiece that boosted plenty of people's carrers and gave them bigger roles.
- Demolition Man is a 1993 American motion picture.
- Demolition Man is a 1993 American science fiction - action film .
- Demolition Man is a amusing tongue-in-cheek film with plenty of great one-liners.
- Demolition Man is a real comfort movie.
- Demolition Man is a witty, fun action film that balances a lot of intelligence with no-holds-barred violence.
- In 1999, he gained phraise after playing San Francisco police officer Frank Conner in the action film Desperate Measures (1998).
- Desperate Measures ***Very good action thriller, but with a few glaring plot holes.
- DIRTY HARRY is a film of incredible suspense, with Donald Siegel's direction becoming a benchmark for the genre.
- Dirty Harry is a 1971 crime film directed by Don Siegel, the first of the Dirty Harry series.
- Dirty Harry is a 1971 film directed by Don Siegel and starring Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, a San Francisco detective tracking Scorpio, a serial killer.
- Dirty Harry is a 1971 film directed by Don Siegel, the first of the series.
- Dirty Harry is a genre classic and a lot of it will seem familiar beause of how it has been relentlessly copied and ripped off over the years.
- Dragonslayer is a 1981 fantasy movie set in a realistically portrayed medieval Britain.
- Dragonslayer is the true bad@ss dragon movie of it's time.
- Dragonslayer was state of the art in special effects at the time it came out.
- Easy Rider is a 1969 film about two counterculture bikers in search of America.
- Easy Rider is a 1969 road movie directed by Dennis Hopper.
- Easy Rider is a brilliant coming-of-age movie, whose main theme is freedom, a particular kind of freedom, which won't be found until the end of the film.
- Easy Rider is a fascinating inside portrayal of the 1960's, especially the hippie lifestyle.
- Easy Rider is the story of two motorcycle riders and their journey to the Mardi Gras festival in New Orleans.
- Enemy Of The State is a nice action flick.
- Enemy Of The State is a very entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.
- Enemy Of the State is a top notch movie in every sense of the word.
- Enemy of the State is a huge step forward from the over-bloated, mind-numbing Armageddon.
- Enemy of the State is a very different film, once again with Hackman playing a master of surveillance.
- The Enforcer - The third entry in the Dirty Harry action film series is one of the most underrated.
- The Enforcer is a classic Hong Kong blend of dazzling kung fu action and outrageously sentimental subplots.
- The Enforcer was the third film of the five film Dirty Harry series, and the only of the films composed by the late composer Jerry Fielding.
- The Exterminator is a 1980 action movie directed by James Glickenhaus and starring Robert Ginty as the leading role.
- The Exterminator is a decent 1980s vigilante film, and while it may not be a particularly great movie, it is an entertaining, if ultimately forgettable one.
- The Exterminator is a watchable and enjoyable (if forgettable) vigilante film.
- The Exterminator was a violent, gritty, and crude vigilante action film, which has been perceived as a rip-off of Charles Bronson 's Death Wish .
- The Exterminator was a violent, gritty, and crude vigilante action film, which may be seen as derivative of Charles Bronson 's Death Wish films.
* Fair Game
* Fifth Element
* Half Past Dead
* Hamburger Hill
* Hard Boiled
* Hard Target
* Hard To Kill
* Heroic Bloodshed
* Indiana Jones
* Iron Eagle
* James Bond Films
* Jurassic Park
* Jurassic Park Iii
* Kill Again
* Kill Bill
* Kill Me Again
* Lady Snowblood
* Last Dragon
* Lethal Weapon
* Lone Wolf Mcquade
* Lord of War
* Magnum Force
* Maniac Cop
* Mariachi Trilogy
* Marked For Death
* Martial Arts Films
* Midnight Run
* New Jack City
* New Police Story
* North Sea Hijack
* Over The Top
* Point Break
* Postcard Bandit
* Red Scorpion
* Repo Man
* Romancing The Stone
* Romper Stomper
* Set It Off
* Silent Rage
* Smokey And The Bandit
* Streets of Fire
* Sudden Impact
* Superman Films
* Terminator Series
* The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
* The Big Red One
* The Bourne Identity
* The Brazilian Job
* The Dead Pool
* The Eiger Sanction
* The Great Race
* The Heroic Trio
* The Karate Kid
* The Last Boy Scout
* The Last Starfighter
* The Long Kiss Goodnight
* The Mod Squad
* The Next Karate Kid
* The Sword And The Sorcerer
* Top Gun
* True Lies
* Uncommon Valor
* Under Siege
* Van Helsing
* Vertical Limit
* Wake of Death
* White Fire
* Wild Bunch
* Wild Wild West
Books about "Glossary of Action Films" in