Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Active Volcanoes"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Karangetang is one of Indonesia's most active volcanoes.
- Karangetang is a small but highly active volcano in Indonesia, just off the northeast tip of Sulawesi Island near the Philippines.
- Karangetang is one of Indonesia's most active mountains, and it has been rumbling for days.
- Karangetang is one of Indonesia's most active volcanoes, with more than 40 eruptions recorded since 1675.
- Etna is a shield volcano on the Italian island of Sicily.
- Etna is a rural community with a population of about 1012 people that is fast becoming a popular home for commuters to neighboring Newport and nearby Bangor.
- Etna is a basaltic shield volcano located on the eastern side of Sicily.
- Etna is a surprisingly large mountain where people can easily lose orientation, and this huge mountain creates its own microclimate.
- Etna is an active volcano.
- Mount Etna is a transitional shield to stratovolcano that has erupted more than 150 times since activity was first recorded in 1500 B.C.
- Mount Etna is an active volcano on the east coast of Sicily, southern Italy.
- Mount Etna is a 3323m high active volcano in Sicily, Italy.
- Mount Etna is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and is in an almost constant state of eruption.
- Mount Etna is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and it is in an almost constant state of eruption.
- Active volcanoes are found in the northern peninsula and continuously stretches to the north to Sangihe Islands.
- Active volcanoes are found in the country, and earthquakes occur.
- Active volcanoes are watched very closely so people and animals in the area can be moved to a safe place.
- Klyuchevskaya Sopka is classified as a cone shaped stratovolcano and ascent is possible from all sides.
- Klyuchevskaya Sopka is part of the Kuril and Kamchatka volcanic belt, which is comprised of several other volcanoes.
- Klyuchevskaya Sopka is the highest active volcano in Eurasia.
- Klyuchevskaya Sopka is the highest mountain on the Kamchatka Peninsula of Russia, and the highest active volcano in the world.
- Avachinsky is a classical Somma- Vesuvius type volcano located just 30 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Avachinsky is a large strato-volcano that began to form 60-70,000 years ago.
- Avachinsky is a typical volcano of the Somma-Vesuvius type.
- Avachinsky is a volcano on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the far east of Russia .
- Avachinsky is one of the most active stratovolcanoes on the Kamchatka peninsula.
- Kamchatka is the home of many volcanoes.
- Kamchatka is part of the Russian Kamchatka region (along with a part of the continent, the Komandorskie Islands and Karaginski Island).
- Kamchatka is a 1,250-kilometer-long peninsula in the Russian far east, with an area of 472,300 km-.
- Kamchatka - the great tour: volcanoes and hot springs.
- Kamchatka is a huge peninsula more than 1200 km long, located in the Far East of Russia, 9 hours to the East by plane from Moscow.
- Java is a relatively small island, compared to Sumatra, but it has denser concentration of active volcanos.
- Java is a relatively small island compared to Sumatra, but it has a higher concentration of active volcanoes.
- Java is also one of the most densely populated regions on Earth.
- Java is the melting pot, where Malayan, Indian, Arab, Chinese and European influences met and mixed.
- Java was the site of many influential kingdoms in the Southeast Asian region, and as a result, many literary works have been written by Javanese authors.
- Acatenango is an almost identical twin of nearby Volcan de Fuego.
- Acatenango is a stratovolcano in Guatemala, close to the city of Antigua.
- Acatenango is an andesitic stratovolcano rising to a height of 13,900 feet.
- Acatenango is the third tallest in Guatemala.
- Ambrym is a large basaltic volcano with a 12-km-wide, 1,900 years old caldera, sited in the Vanuatu archipelago, formerly known as New Hebrides.
- Ambrym is a place for the adventurous traveler seeking a real island experience.
- Ambrym is a place for the adventurous traveller seeking a real island experience.
- Ambrym is a shield volcano .
- Ambrym is certainly a place for adventure with volcano trekking, mountains, hiking, bush walking, strong traditional culture and magic.
- Anatahan is a 9-kilometer-long island in the central Mariana Islands.
- Anatahan is a 33 sq km island, 128km north of here and just over 322km north of Guam.
- Anatahan is a 33 square kilometre (13 square miles) island, 128 kilometres (80 miles) north of here and just over 322 kilometres (200 miles) north of Guam.
- Anatahan is a 9 km long and 4 km wide island dominated by two volcanoes having E-W trending elongated and overlapping summit calderas.
- Anatahan is a 9-kilometer- (5.6-mile-) long island.
- Aracar was my first stop on my last day.
- Aracar is a large conical stratovolcano in northwestern Argentina , just east of the Chilean border.
- Aracar is a steep-sided stratovolcano with a youthful-looking summit crater 1–1.5 km in diameter that contains a small lake.
- Aracar is a steep-sided stratovolcano with a youthful-looking summit crater 1-1.5 km in diameter that contains a small lake.
- Arenal Volcano is a beautiful cone-shaped volcano rising out of flat surrounding plains.
- Arenal Volcano is a paradise, perfect for honeymooning.
- Arenal Volcano is a perfectly shaped cone of more than 1,600 meters.
- Arenal Volcano is a picture-perfect cone.
- Arenal Volcano is an active andesitic stratovolcano in Costa Rica.
- ASAMA is a big and beautiful but dangerous fire-mountain.
- Asama is a beautiful stratovolcano with andesitic lava flows and pyroclasts on its flank.
- ASAMA is a division of the United States Sports Academy and is dedicated to the preservation of sports history, art and literature.
- ASAMA is a global marketer of intellectual property and advanced technology since 1951.
- Asama is a conical volcano with beautiful slopes spreading at the foot.
- Ash plumes were also present and drifted NE on 31 August, and SE and NW during 1-3 September.
- Ash plumes were also present and drifted SE on 24 August and NE during 28-30 August.
- Ash plumes were observed drifting in all directions during the reporting period.
- Ash plumes were observed on satellite imagery and drifted more than 130 km W on 18 December and 300 km to the NW and SW on 19 December.
- Ash plumes were occasionally visible on satellite imagery.
- Askja is a popular tourist destination.
- Askja is a building that belongs to the University of Iceland , named after the volcano Askja .
- Askja is a calderas in the Dyngjufj--ll mountains just north of the Vatnaj--kull glacier.
- Askja is a large basaltic central volcano that forms the Dyngjufj--ll massif.
- Askja is a large central volcano that forms the Dyngjufj--ll massif.
- Augustine Volcano is a 8-11Km island located in the Lower Cook Inlet apporximately 70 miles west of Homer, Alaska.
- Augustine Volcano is a stratovolcano in southwestern Cook Inlet, southcentral coastal Alaska, 280 kilometres (180 miles) southwest of Anchorage.
- Azul is a one-stop shop.
- Azul is a poetry collection by Rub--n Dar--o .
- The Azul is a nice class 2-3 run to do in the Futaleufu area.
- Background: The former French Cameroon and part of British Cameroon merged in 1961 to form the present country.
- Background: The steep-sided Tungurahua stratovolcano towers more than 3 km above its northern base.
- Batur is a few hours drive away from Nusa Dua where I was staying, it was going to be dark and I had never been there before.
- Bezymianny is a stratovolcano on the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia.
- Bezymianny is a stratovolcano with a destroyed summit.
- Bezymianny is an active stratovolcano in Kamchatka, Russia.
- Bezymianny was at Concern Color Code Yellow, which meant an explosive eruption was possible in the following 4 weeks.
- Biliran is a volcanic island in central Philippines.
- Biliran is one of the smallest provinces in the Philippines and it is located in the Eastern Visayas region.
- All the municipalities except Maripipi are located on Biliran Island while Maripipi is an island municipality located to the northwest.
- The volcano is located on Biliran Island off the western coast of Leyte Island.
- The inhabitants of Biliran Island petitioned for pueblo and parish status as early as 1712.
- Bogoslof Island is a critical breeding ground of the endangered Steller sea lion so access by humans is extremely limited.
- Bogoslof Island is a disappearing volcano, having emerged and submerged in the sea more than once in historic time.
- Bogoslof Island is the summit of a largely submarine stratovolcano located in the Bering Sea 50 km (31 mi) behind the main Aleutian volcanic arc.
- Bogoslof Island is the summit of a largely submarine stratovolcano located in the Bering Sea 50 km behind the main Aleutian arc.
- Cameroon is a bilingual country.
- Cameroon is a conservative society.
- Cameroon is a diverse and multi ethnic country .
- Cameroon is a member of CEMAC (Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa) and supports UN peacekeeping activities in Central Africa.
- Cameroon is a member of both the Commonwealth of Nations and La Francophonie.
- Cerro Negro is a basaltic cinder cone that has erupted repeatedly since its birth in 1850.
- Cerro Negro is a flat lying manto type deposit hosted by Cretaceous age volcanics and sediments.
- Cerro Negro is a key part of the Famatina District, one of Argentina's most famous mining camps.
- Cerro Negro is a mountain summit in Taos County in the state of New Mexico (NM). Cerro Negro climbs to 7,766 feet (2,367.08 meters) above sea level.
- Cerro Negro is a relatively long- 1231.
- Chiginagak is a glacier-covered stratovolcano with a deep breach on the SW flank (right) that extends to its small summit crater.
- Chiginagak is a little-known volcano with no recent history of blowing its top or spewing lava.
- Chiginagak is a stratovolcano that stands 4,559 ft (1390 m) above the surrounding plain.
- Chiginagak is a symmetric stratovolcano located 110 miles (175 km) south of King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula.
- Chiginagak is a symmetric stratovolcano located 175 km (110 mi) south of King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano —a steep-sloped cone composed of alternating layers of hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano composed of hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano of 1817 m (5960 ft.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano-a steep-sloped cone composed of alternating layers or hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Cotopaxi is a province in central Ecuador in Sierra region.
- Cotopaxi is a snow-covered volcano with a perfect cone and Ecuador's highest active volcano.
- Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano in the Andes , located about 75 kilometres (50 mi) south of Quito , Ecuador .
- Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano in the Andes, located about 75 kilometres south of Quito, Ecuador.
- Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano that is 19,388 feet (5,911 metres) high.
- East Java is also the most industrialized province in the nation.
- East Java is one of the Republic of Indonesia's 33 provinces, occupying an area of some 48,000 km2 just south of the equator.
- Ecuador is one of the chief sources of balsa wood, and the waters surrounding the Galapagos Islands are one of the richest tuna fisheries in the world.
- Ecuador is generally a safe country to travel to but visitors should be vigilant with their belongings as most crime is opportunistic.
- Ecuador is the only volcano that appears to be dormant.
- Erta Ale is a desert shield volcano.
- Erta Ale is a remote and rarely visited volcano that is known currently to have an active lava lake in its summit crater.
- Erta Ale is a shield volcano in the Afar region of East Africa.
- Erta Ale is a shield volcano, part of the East African rift system.
- Erta Ale is a type of volcano known as a shield volcano.
- Farallon De Pajaros is a new island, still in its formative stages.
- Fernandina Island is the third largest island of the Gal--pagos Islands.
- Fernandina Island is the third largest, and youngest, island of the Galapagos Islands.
- Fernandina Island is the third largest, and youngest, island of the Gal--pagos Islands.
- Fuego is a gentlemen's publication for the modern age.
- Fuego is a great name for the bike because it is a hot color.
- Fuego was at Alert Level Yellow and pilots were advised to avoid flying near the volcano.
- Galeras is a Colombian volcano within hiking distance of the Colombian town of Pasto.
- Galeras is a volcano in Colombia, near the city of Pasto.
- Galeras is the light green area near the center of the image.
- Galeras was ten years ago; Bruce's book, and Williams' are a few years old.
- Galunggung is a stratovolcano on the west side of the island of Java.
- Galunggung is the volcano which dominates not only the skyline of the Tasikmalaya area but also much of the town's history as well.
- Galunggung: the 1982-1983 eruption.
- Geologic Summary: The 16-km-wide Tengger caldera in eastern Java occupies the northern end of a volcanic massif extending from Semeru volcano.
- Geologic Summary: The truncated summit of Gunung Ibu stratovolcano along the NW coast of Halmahera Island has large nested summit craters.
- Hayes Volcano is a little-known volcano 135 km northwest of Anchorage that was not discovered until 1975.
- The eruptions of Hayes Volcano during that time were the most voluminous Holocene eruptions to have occurred in the Cook Inlet region.
- Hekla is a central volcano which has been piled up along a 40 km fissure, and studies of ash strata reveal that it has been active for at least 6600 years.
- Hekla is a famous volcanic mountain in southwestern Iceland.
- Hekla is a stratovolcano located in the south of Iceland at , with a height of .
- Hekla is a stratovolcano located in the south of Iceland at , with a height of 1,488 m (4882 ft).
- Hekla is a stratovolcano located in the south of Iceland at 63.98- N 19.70- W, with a height of 1,488 m (4,882 ft).
- Hualalai is a dormant volcano.
- Hualalai is a shield volcano located on Hawaii.
- Hualalai is a shield volcano that occupies the west-central part of the Island of Hawaii; it makes up most of the North Kona district.
- Hualalai is an active volcano.
- Hualalai is one of the five major shield volcanoes on the Island of Hawaii.
- Iceland is a country in the North Atlantic Ocean.
- Iceland is a refreshingly unconventional travel destination.
- Iceland is a result of a rare combination of tectonic settings, a hot spot located beneath a mid-ocean ridge.
- Iceland is a volcanic land mass on top the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, a divergent plate boundary.
- Iceland is a wonderful country to visit, but one of the most expensive on the planet.
- Ijen is a massive volcano in east Java, 2300 metres above sea level.
- Ijen is a stratovolcano and the drive up the slope was pretty easy.
- Ijen is a stratovolcano with a crater lake on its summit.
- Ijen is a stratovolcano with a summit caldera.
- Ijen is a sulphur lake in a crater.
- Iliboleng is a stratovolcano on the island of Adonara, in the Nusa Tengarra Island chain.
- Illiniza is a beautiful, glaciated peak that rises opposite Cotopaxi.
- Illiniza is a volcano in Ecuador, located about 55 km southwest of Quito.
- Karthala is a shield volcano with 30 historic eruptions.
- Karthala is a volcano with a lava lake and well-known for episodic outbursts.
- Karthala is an active volcano and the highest point of the Comoros at 2,361 m (7,746 ft) above sea level.
- Karthala is an active volcano on Grande Comore island, the highest point of the Comoros.
- Karthala is one of two volcanoes that make up Grand Comore (or Ngazidja) Island in the Comoros archipelago.
* Lava Lake
* Mauna Loa
* Mayon Volcano
* Monowai Seamount
* Mount Agung
* Mount Akutan
* Mount Bromo
* Mount Cleveland
* Mount Erebus
* Mount Hudson
* Mount Kanaga
* Mount Martin
* Mount Merapi
* Mount Okmok
* Mount Rainier
* Mount Redoubt
* Mount Ruapehu
* Mount Saint Helens
* Mount Shishaldin
* Mount Spurr
* Mount Tambora
* Mount Unzen
* Mount Veniaminof
* Mount Vesuvius
* Mount Wrangell
* Nevado Del Ruiz
* Ol Doinyo Lengai
* Pagan Island
* Piton De La Fournaise
* Rabaul Caldera
* Raoul Island
* Soufriere Hills Volcano
* Taal Volcano
* Tangkuban Perahu
* Thermal Anomaly
* Ukinrek Maars
* Yellowstone Caldera
Books about "Glossary of Active Volcanoes" in