Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Adventure Films"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Casino Royale, the latest in the long-running series of James Bond films, is a long, gritty, and clever ride.
- Maurice Binder, the title sequence designer for most of the James Bond films since Dr. No, died in 1991.
- The job of title designer for GoldenEye as well several future James Bond films was then passed to Daniel Kleinman.
- Crocodile Dundee is a 1986 Australian comedy film set in the Australian Outback in the area around "Walkabout Creek" and in New York City .
- Crocodile Dundee is a breezy, fun affair - a trifle that is extremely pleasant to sample and leaves no bitter aftertaste.
- Crocodile Dundee is a good film but it is not a great film.
- Crocodile Dundee is a great comedy from 1986 which can be enjoyed after repeat viewings.
- Crocodile Dundee is a lighthearted delight that, while you may never slap your knees, will definitely put a broad smile onto your face.
- Crocodile Dundee II is a 1988 Australian adventure and comedy film .
- Crocodile Dundee II is a sequel to Crocodile Dundee of 1986 and was released on 19 May 1988.
- Crocodile Dundee II was a sequel too far.
- Crocodile Dundee II was not only the no.5 grossing movie of the year in US but also earned more than $300 million worldwide.
- The Illusionist is a 2006 period drama based loosely on Steven Millhauser's story "Eisenheim the Illusionist".
- The Illusionist is a film that I came across while watching movie trailers.
- Against All Odds is a 1984 film, a remake of Out of the Past.
- Against All Odds is a United States retail store that predominantly sells clothing inspired by hip hop culture .
- Against All Odds is a band from southern california seeking to escape the small town of Yucaipa.
- Against All Odds is a neo-noir 1984 film , a remake of Out of the Past .
- Into The Blue is a travel company specializing in dive travel throughout the Caribbean for individuals, families, and groups.
- Into the Blue is a 2005 film directed by John Stockwell .
- Into the Blue is a fine-looking, often boring, eye candy palace to visit.
- Into the Blue is a high-stakes thriller set in the deep, shark-infested waters of the Bahamas.
- THE MUMMY RETURNS is a beautiful-looking film.
- THE MUMMY RETURNS is like this for many reasons, almost none of which have to do with the actual quality of the movie itself.
- The Mummy Returns is a 2001-adventure film produced by Universal Pictures, and the second installment of the studios--- remake Mummy trilogy.
- The Mummy Returns is a Hollywood rarity in that it is as enjoyable as the first, if not quite up to parr as the 1999 predecessor.
- The Mummy Returns is a loud, frenetic and unoriginal Hollywood byproduct that leaves the viewer worn out and under whelmed.
- The Fifth Element is a movei that i actually enjoyed and got a kick out of and i love this movie till death.
- The Fifth Element is a very silly film.
- The Fifth Element is an overall superbly done film, well-acted as it is hilariously entertaining.
- The Fifth Element was generally well received by critics.
- The Fifth Element was selected as the opening film for the 1997 Cannes Film Festival.
- The Lion King is a musical film, with songs written by composer Elton John and lyricist Tim Rice, and a film score by Hans Zimmer.
- The Lion King is an original musical tells the story of a young lion cub who is learning that his role will soon be the king of the jungle.
- The Lion King is the perfect culmination of all that had been ocurring at Disney Animation since the renaissance begun with The Little Mermaid.
- The Lion King was first released on VHS and laserdisc in the United States on March 3, 1995, under Disney 's " Masterpiece Collection " video series.
- The Lion King was once considered a secondary project to Pocahontas, both of which were in production at the same time.
- Adventures in Babysitting was adapted into a American television pilot of the same name in 1989.
- Adventures in Babysitting was adapted into an American television pilot of the same name in 1989.
- An adventure film is a broad genre full of a wide range of various films.
- The 'adventure film' is a film genre which has been a popular one in the history of cinema.
- The adventure film is a film genre which has been popular in the history of cinema .
- The adventure film is a film genre which has been popular in the history of film.
- Adventure Films are exciting stories, with new experiences or exotic locales.
- Adventure films are a popular film genre usually set in the past or in a fantasy world, and often involve swordfighting or swashbuckling.
- Adventure films are often set in an historical period, and may include stories of historical heroes, kings, battles, rebellion, or piracy.
- Adventure films are very similar to the action film genre, in that they are designed to provide an action-filled, energetic experience for the film viewer.
- Adventure films is a genre of films that contain elements of adventure.
- The album was not well received by radio.
- The album was turned into a film starring Ann-Margret, in 1975 and later into a Broadway show.
- Alex is a chip off the old block, curious and adventuresome like his parents.
- Alex is a teenage repair-man living in a trailer park, he kills time by wracking up the high scores on a video game called 'Starfighter'.
- American Ninja is a 1985 martial arts action film produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus 's Cannon Films .
- American Ninja is a fine example of one the better Martial Arts flicks of 80s.
- American Ninja is a simple film that will keep you munching on popcorn for a good 95 minutes.
- American Ninja is a simple-minded little Kung Fu action flick that is here simply for entertainment, no more no less.
- American Ninja was produced by Golan-Globus, the heads of Cannon films.
- Arizona Dream is a 1993 film directed by Emir Kusturica .
- Arizona Dream is a 1993 film directed by Serbian filmmaker Emir Kusturica .
- Arnold is the series' current composer of choice, and was recently signed to compose the score for his fifth consecutive Bond film, Casino Royale.
- Arnold is the series' current composer of choice, and was recently signed to compose the score for the his fourth consecutive Bond film, .
- Arnold is the series' current composer of choice, and was recently signed to compose the score for the his fourth consecutive Bond film, Casino Royale.
- Arnold was born in a small Austrian town and took up weightlifting as he got older.
- The bad guys are believably bad.
- The bad guys are really bad - almost cartoon like.
- BARBARELLA is one of a few cult films that can be called a "Holy Grail" of cultdom.
- BARBARELLA was directed by Roger Vadim (then the husband of Jane Fonda), and is full of vintage 60's retro influence.
- Barbarella is a 1968 erotic sci-fi directed by Roger Vadim and based on the French Barbarella comics from Jean-Claude Forest.
- Barbarella is a 1968 erotic sci-fi film directed by Roger Vadim and based on the French Barbarella comics from Jean-Claude Forest.
- Barbarella is a cult phenomona in the Sci-fi genre which i enjoy immensly.
- THE BEASTMASTER was co-written, produced, and directed by the creative team of Don Coscarelli and Paul Pepperman.
- THE BEASTMASTER was made during the early 1980s craze for fantasy adventure films, and still stands as one of the most popular.
- The Beastmaster is a fabulous fantasy film with plenty of imagination behind it.
- The Beastmaster is one of my all time favorite fantasy movies.
- The Beastmaster was one of the rare early-eighties attempts at bringing the sword & sorcery genre to the big screen.
- Big Top Pee-Wee is a failed experiment to push the boundaries and evolve this beloved character.
- Big Top Pee-wee is a 1988 film directed by Randal Kleiser and written by Paul Reubens and George McGrath.
- BLACK ROBE is the story of this trip in the wild canadian forests.
- Black Robe is a 1985 historical fiction novel by Brian Moore.
- Black Robe is a 1991 film directed by Bruce Beresford .
- Black Robe is a 1991 movie directed by Bruce Beresford.
- Black Robe is a beautiful film - thoughtful, passionate, and tagic.
- Boat Trip is a 2002 comedy film directed by Mort Nathan.
- Boat Trip is a better movie than this and I say that not from experience, I swear.
- Boat Trip was the first feature film from director Mort Nathan, best known for his work as a writer for television.
- Bond is a moderate-to-heavy drinker.
- Bond is the consummate womaniser, drinker, and smoker.
- Bond was also outfitted with an underwater jet pack that was armed with a spear gun.
- Born Free is a bona fide family classic.
- Born Free is a wildlife film about Joy Adamson and her husband, the two Kenyan game wardens who raise three lion cubs.
- Collins is the boyfriend of CBS news anchor Dana Tyler.
- Collins was given a toy drum kit for Christmas when he was five.
- Collins was married to Andrea Bertorelli of Canada, whom he met at a drama class in London, in 1975.
- Collins was not invited to perform the song at that year---s presentation, although he was in the audience and had arranged his tour around the telecast.
- Collins was sent to fill the gap, and played drums in lieu of payment for Eno's work with the band.
- Columbus was born in Spangler, Pennsylvania and grew up outside of Youngstown, Ohio.
- Columbus was signed to direct the first Harry Potter film for Warner Bros.
- Comment: A great episode, which saw the whole cast being given much more to do than stand through a series of stock poses before the camera lens.
- Comment: The movie is okay.
- Comment: What can I say, a real classic film that always brings tears to my eyes.
- Conan The Destroyer was the fourth film on which the great British director of photography Jack Cardiff worked with Fleischer.
- Conan the Destroyer is a 1984 fantasy film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the title role.
- Conan the Destroyer is a Conan novel by Robert Jordan , an adaptation of the movie of the same title.
- Conan the Destroyer is a completely ridiculous fantasy jaunt.
- Conan the Destroyer is a flat, plodding, uninspiring movie that has the distinction of killing off the Conan film series for nearly a quarter century.
- Dead Presidents is a "street" term for cash money.
- Dead Presidents is a Hip hop slang used to denote money or cash.
- Dead Presidents is a ghetto classic about violence and a heist.
- Dead Presidents is a really good film.
- The dinosaurs are breeding.
- The dinosaurs are laughable and the miniatures are not much better.
- Dracula is a gothic supernatural thriller told in the first person (diaries, letters, newspaper clippings).
- Dracula was also constantly on guard against the adherents of the Danesti clan.
- Dracula was born in 1431 in the Transylvanian city of Sighisoara.
- Dracula was determined to rebuild this ancient fortress as his own stronghold and refuge.
- Dracula was forced to march to meet the Turks with the small forces at his diposal, somewhat less than four thousand men.
- The dragon is one of the best that you'll ever see in the vast world of film.
- The dragon was the symbol of the devil and, consequently, the alternate meaning of 'drac' was dragon.
- Dragonslayer is a 1981 fantasy film from writer and director Matthew Robbins .
- Dragonslayer is a 1981 fantasy movie set in a realistically portrayed medieval Britain.
- Dragonslayer is a 1981 live action fantasy movie set in a fictional medieval country similar to Britain .
- Dragonslayer is a coproduction of Paramount and Disney Productions, and certainly contains the most daring footage ever seen in a Disney film.
- Dragonslayer is an essential reference for any study of the history of fantasy moviemaking.
- Easy Rider is a 1969 film about two counterculture bikers who travel from Los Angeles to New Orleans in search of America.
- Easy Rider is a 1969 road movie directed by Dennis Hopper.
- Easy Rider is a 1969 road movie.
- Easy Rider is a lengthy music video for the '60s culture.
- Easy Rider is a well-oiled rock'n'roll machine.
- The eggs are given back to the Raptors, and using his raptor voice box Grant fakes a signal that causes the Raptors to leave.
- The eggs are given back to the raptors, and they retreat to go and save the non-existing raptor in trouble.
- The eggs are given back to the raptors, and they retreat when they hear the approach of helicopters.
- Egon is the most serious and straightforward member of the team.
- Egon is the only original Ghostbuster to return for the Extreme Ghostbusters series as a regular (the others appearing for a two-part episode).
- Eragon is a 2006 fantasy - adventure film based on the novel of the same name by author Christopher Paolini.
- Eragon was released on DVD and Blu-ray in the USA on March 20, 2007.
- Eragon was released worldwide between December 13 and December 15, 2006.
- Extras are not too plentiful, but a thoughtful addition is the "documentary" Behind the Scenes with Blake Edwards' The Great Race.
- The extras are appealing.
- The extras are numerous and vary in quality.
- The extras are pretty skimpy; more than likely Paramount will try to milk the fans again by introducing a special edition.
- The extras are really good and make this version well worth getting.
- Fairbanks was determined to have Pickford become his wife, but she was still married to actor Owen Moore.
- Fairbanks was so impressed with the way she photographed that he used her in The Black Pirate.
- Fairbanks was succeeded by the major swashbuckling male star of the 30s and early 40s adventure films - the dashing Australian actor Errol Flynn.
- Fonda was always entertaining a new visitor, introducing them to the cast & crew.
- Fonda was equally impressed with her co-star.
- Ghostbusters is a 1984 film , about three unemployed parapsychology professors who start a business exterminating ghosts.
- Ghostbusters is a 1984 sci-fi comedy film about three eccentric New York City parapsychologists.
- Ghostbusters is a licensed game by Activision based on the movie of the same name.
- Ghostbusters is a perfect movie.
- Ghostbusters is a science-fantasy comedy film franchise created in 1984.
- Ghostbusters II is the 1989 sequel to Ghostbusters ( 1984) produced and directed by Ivan Reitman.
- Ghostbusters II is the 1989 sequel to Ghostbusters ( 1984).
- Ghostbusters II is the title of a video game released for several home computer and console systems.
- GoldenEye is a 1995 spy film.
- GoldenEye is based upon the screenplay by Bruce Feirstein and Jeffrey Caine.
- GoldenEye is the 17th James Bond film and the first to star Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming 's British secret service agent, James Bond.
- GoldenEye is the seventeenth James Bond film and the first to star Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming 's British secret service agent, James Bond.
- GoldenEye was adapted into a highly regarded video game for the Nintendo 64 by Rareware.
- The Goonies are found on the beach by a search party & eventually reunited with their families.
- The Goonies are found on the beach that morning by a police search party, and eventually reunited with their families.
- The Goonies is a 1985 movie directed by Richard Donner .
- The Goonies is a Richard Donner film about a family whose house is going to be knocked down if they cannot get enought money to pay for it.
- The Goonies is a classic 80s movie that is a part of many people's childhood.
- Gordie is the quiet and sensitive boy who wants to be a writer.
- Gordie is the sole survivor, who lives on and writes, but without his friends.
- Gordie was also a huge Red Sox fan in the book, and his admiration for Ted Williams was noted.
* Into The Night
* James Bond
* Jurassic Park
* Jurassic Park Iii
* King Kong Lives
* Marc Singer
* Mosquito Coast
* National Treasure
* Northwest Frontier
* North By Northwest
* Pirates of The Caribbean
* Point Break
* Real Ghostbusters
* Return To The Blue Lagoon
* Road Trip
* Robin And Marian
* Romancing The Stone
* Stand By Me
* Streets of Fire
* Superman Films
* The Adventures of Robin Hood
* The Black Pirate
* The Four Feathers
* The Great Race
* The Jungle Book
* The Land That Time Forgot
* The Last Starfighter
* The Man In The Iron Mask
* The New World
* The Pirate Movie
* The Poseidon Adventure
* The Scorpion King
* The Sword And The Sorcerer
* True Lies
* Van Helsing
* Without A Paddle
Books about "Glossary of Adventure Films" in