Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of American Basketball Players"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Candace Parker is a phenomenal athlete and one of the most advanced offensive players the game has ever been blessed with, but Griner could be better.
- Candace Parker was 10 years old when she watched Lisa Leslie win her first Olympic gold medal in Atlanta.
- Candace Parker was a double winner, earning female athlete of the year and female college athlete honors.
- Candace Parker was at her best when Tennessee needed it the most.
- Candace Parker was involved in a fight with Cheryl Ford of the Detroit Shock.
- Chauncey Billups was on like seven teams before he landed with the Pistons.
- Chauncey Billups is a free agent this off-season and Lindsey Hunter's one of the older point guards in the league.
- Chauncey Billups was a lottery pick as was Richard Hamilton.
- Chauncey Billups was equally bad in missing 9 of 11 attempts, and, as in Game 1, the Pistons got very little from their bench.
- Chris Andersen was booted from the NBA in 2006 after violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
- Chris Andersen was one of the Nuggets' most popular players while with them from 2001-04.
- Chris Andersen was suspended 28 months before being reinstated March 5.
- Chris Andersen was going to buy his mother a house.
- Kobe Bryant is a two guard, a fast, slashing, driving, stop on a dime and pop player.
- Kobe Bryant is a very talented basketball player, Kobe Bryant set out to emulate Michael Jordan and any observer of the game can see that.
- Kobe Bryant is one of the best players to ever play the game.
- Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player to ever play the game.
- Kobe Bryant is the latest and 4th player to have achieved this feat (62 points in 33 minutes on December 20, 2005).
- Kwame Brown is an NBA player who plays power forward and center for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Kwame Brown is a Center for the Los Angeles Lakers, and a former overall #1 pick in the NBA Draft.
- Kwame Brown was one of the most spectacular high school players in his class.
- Kwame Brown was the the first high school player ever selected with the first overall pick in the NBA Draft Kwame Brown scored a career-high 14 points vs.
- Kwame Brown is a young, strong, athletic, 6-foot-11 player with limited ball skills.
- Larry Bird is a legendary basketball player that will never be forgotten.
- Larry Bird is a professional basketball player who was 12 times NBA All-Star.
- Larry Bird is a true basketball legend and role model.
- Larry Bird is one of the greatest basketball players of all time and one very good reason to have Celtic Pride.
- Larry Bird was a legend before he ever left Indiana to become an all-star with the Boston Celtics.
- Rick Barry is one of the greatest basketball players in history.
- Rick Barry was 21 years, 261 days old when he scored 57 for San Francisco on Dec.
- Rick Barry was a great ---scorer---. As far as career accomplishments go, he fell just short of Jerry West in just about every measurable statistic.
- Rick Barry was arrested by Miami undercover policeman trainee Shaquille O'Neal for carrying a hand made sign in South Beach that read.
- Rick Barry was signed for the 1979 season from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for John Lucas.
- Sue Bird is one of six women to receive a Gold Medal, NCAA championship, and a WNBA Championship.
- Sue Bird is one of six women to receive a Gold Medal, an NCAA championship, and a WNBA Championship.
- Sue Bird was truly the official woman whose games played a great compititions.
- Sue bird was important that sue bird may be rendered useful.
- Sue Bird is one hot player, man she is fast and has amazing speed in the WNBA. I am very happy that she is an American.
- Aaron McKie McKie was selected in the first round (17th overall) of the 1994 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers.
- With Aaron McKie still out with a slight tear in his left quadriceps, the Lakers basically have a three-guard rotation.
- In exchange, Philadelphia received Aaron McKie and Theo Ratliff, defensive standouts who would have an impact in the team's resurgence.
- At Temple, Brunson helped lead the Owls to the NCAA Tournament in each of his four years, teaming with future NBA players Eddie Jones and Aaron McKie.
- Abdul-Aziz was the fifth pick in the 1968 NBA draft and had his number retired by the school.
- Anderson also recruited Zaid Abdul-Aziz, one of the top players in school history.
- The 6'9" Abdul-Aziz starred at Iowa State University before being draft ed by the NBA 's Cincinnati Royals in 1968.
- So, they traded star forward, Adrian Dantley, to the Detroit Pistons and decided to build around Malone.
- Color cover photo of RICK BARRY with smaller inset photo of College Player of the Year ADRIAN DANTLEY. interior is very tight and clean.
- Dumars mentors Hill as Joe himself was once mentored by ex-Pistons player Adrian Dantley when Joe entered the league in 1985.
- The 1989 Detroit Pistons traded class act Adrian Dantley for Mark Aguirre and won their first title.
- I doubt that Adrian Dantley's 76 games in a Mavs uniform had much to do with his spot in this year's Hall of Fame class.
- He inherited a pretty bad roster in Charlotte, and then endured massive injuries to Adam Morrison, Sean May, Gerald Wallace, and others.
- I almost puked when I read that Adam Morrison rumor the other day.
- Adam Morrison now with more hippy but the same amount of sadness.
- Coached by Jack McMahon and Alex Hannum, the Rockets tallied a 119-209 record over their tenure in San Diego.
- Ironically, by the time Barry was cleared to play for Oakland, Hale had departed and Alex Hannum had taken the coaching reins.
- It is an abbreviated version of Allan Houston's events over the course of 4 games.
- In spite of their seeding, the Heat would lose to the Knicks again after Allan Houston hit a rim-bouncing game-winning jumper in Game 5 to decide the series.
- FIG. 32 shows a report that is the result of a ---Player--- search---Player: Allan Houston of the NY Knicks.
- Impact: The Pistons are said to want Andris Biedrins, but the Warriors are countering with Al Harrington.
- He's the best fantasy play on the squad, while Al Harrington is a little risky because of the possibility he could be traded.
- Al Harrington was voted as the player most likely to have a breakout season this year.
- Adrian Griffin: A Scott Skiles guy who plays solid defense at both shooting guard and small forward.
- Milwaukee also will get point guard Luke Ridnour and forward Adrian Griffin from Oklahoma City.
- During the off season, the Bulls signed forwards Joe Smith and Adrian Griffin, and drafted center Joakim Noah.
- Al Jefferson scored 11 points and Randy Foye scored 10 points.
- Al Jefferson led Minnesota with 30 points and 12 rebounds, while Rashad McCants had 18 points.
- He was clearly better as the power forward and the one sure star the Wolves have is Al Jefferson and not Beasley, Love or Mayo.
- Al Jefferson was a last minute recommendation.
- By acquiring sharpshooter Mike Miller and rookie big man Kevin Love for draftee O.J. Mayo, the Wolves have put some nice new pieces around Al Jefferson.
- Alan Henderson was named the league's Most Improved Player, while Blaylock led the NBA in steals.
- And on the latest great news with a great attitude front, Atlanta captain Alan Henderson is declaring himself healthy for the first time in a long time.
- Many of Wikipedia's articles on individual American basketball players have not yet been tagged for this page.
- Birth Year : 1944 Known as Wade Houston, he was one of the first African American basketball players at the University of Louisville.
- Articles in category "American basketball players" There are 2 articles in this section of this category.
- Also, a player should not be in a subcategory of this category (E.G African American basketball players) and this one.
- And I've always thought that Alex English (of the Denver Nuggets) comprised a nickname in his own right ("Put some English on that shot, baby!").
- Probably would have obsessed over: Alex English.
- Andrew Bynum is a legit 7 footer with great mobility.
- Andrew Bynum is a physical marvel…If Andrew Bynum works at his game, he could really become a special player.
- Andrew Bynum is also a good choice, but I wouldn't compare him against Dwight Howard.
- Andrew Bynum is an American professional basketball player , Andrew Bynum is playing for the team Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association.
- Andrew Bynum is the biggest and strongest high school center to arrive in some time.
- Immediately after his selection, Allen and Andrew Lang were traded to the Milwaukee Bucks for the rights to fourth pick Stephon Marbury.
- On June 17, 1992, Barkley was traded to the Phoenix Suns for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry, and Andrew Lang, a deal that was met with harsh criticism.
- CLIPPERS: Clippers Sign Guard Andre Barrett When his contract expired, it was not renewed; they signed Smush Parker instead.
- CLICK TO ENLARGE Andre Barrett, as seen in his one game with the Toros Photo by Carlos San Miguel -He-s as good a point guard as there is in this league.
- Andre Barrett (born February 21 1982) is a professional basketball player in the NBA Development League who plays for the Florida Flame.
- However, Bowen received only little playing time, despite the injuries of fellow swingmen and guards Antawn Jamison, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade.
- Arenas also stated that he will consider resigning with the Wizards if they are able to retain fellow free agent and teammate Antawn Jamison.
- Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison is icing on the cake for the Wizards.
- Antawn Jamison was introduced by the Wizards yesterday and he took the press conference by storm.
- Antawn Jamison was the 29th best player in the league in that department last year.
- Anthony Johnson is a tough-minded veteran who has played for seven teams in his 11-year career, including the Magic in 1999-2000.
- On February 24, 2005 Payton was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in a deal that brought former Celtic Antoine Walker back to Boston.
- Antoine Walker: Now very well-traveled, Walker is your classic love him-or-hate him player when it comes to Celtics fans.
- Ainge believed the team had reached its peak and promptly stunned the team by sending Antoine Walker to the Dallas Mavericks (along with Tony Delk).
- Antoine Walker is a Hawker and Tony Delk's been dealt.
- Bender was traded by the Raptors to the Pacers on draft day 1999 for Antonio Davis.
- The Pacers traded Antonio Davis for Jonathan Bender, a first-round pick straight out of high school, leaving Croshere as the main reserve forward.
- Sure VC was great but the rest of the team was very average (Alvin Williams, Mo Peterson, Charles Oakley, and Antonio Davis).
- Antonio McDyess says he is worried about the Pistons.
- Anthony was the first Denver Nugget to be named an All-Star since Antonio McDyess in 2001.
- Tayshaun Prince, Antonio McDyess and Rasheed Wallace all scored 16 points each in a win.
- He was later traded to the Nuggets for Antonio McDyess.
- Antonio McDyess, in particular, was a huge energizer for Flip Saunders’ club.
- On a drive to the hole, he was challenged by the Kentucky Colonels' 7-2 Artis Gilmore and 6-9 Dan Issel.
- In 1980-81 season Dawkins---s rim-rocking antics produced a .607 field-goal percentage, second in the NBA to Artis Gilmore---s .670.
- Due to the ABA dispersal draft, Hansen saw his stock drop for the Chicago Bulls when they landed Artis Gilmore.
- And for all the reasons above, Artis Gilmore is this installment of Historical Glimpses.
- And as far as career averages are concerned, Artis Gilmore---s are about as solid as they come.
- Andre Miller is one of the best point guards in the NBA. That means a lot.
- Andre Miller was actually the best low post option when he could exploit his man on the block.
- Houston led by only two points after Anna DeForge opened the second half with a 3-pointer, but the Lynx went cold again.
- Playing on Krak-w was notable former WNBA player Anna DeForge, whom Lindsay had played against before.
- Asjha Jones nailed 23 points to lead the Sun to the 14th win in the season.
- Asjha Jones scored 8 points and Tamika Whitmore added 6 in overtime and Connecticut pulled away with a narrow win at the end.
- But the Sun leaders Asjha Jones and Tamika Whitmore stepped up in the extra period to bring the Sun to their 12th win in the season.
- Asjha Jones scored 18 for the Sun (13-10), who have lost five consecutive road games.
- Anne Donovan was already an inductee when she was named to head the squad.
- See, Austin Croshere is the new Slim Shady, the new anomaly.
- This page is dedicated to austin croshere from his 1 fan.
- Extractions: Austin Croshere posters and art prints store online.
- In Dallas, Avery Johnson left with a pessimistic view of where the Mavs stood.
- In this notes column, he has the scoop on Avery Johnson possibly being the next Bulls' coach.
- Pay attention to Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks as Avery Johnson accidentaly racks him with his right hand.
- Avery Johnson is the best, Nate McMillan is not.
- Avery Johnson was probably the nicest guy I ever dealt with.
- Becky Hammon nailed 26 points for the hosts.
- Becky Hammon answered with 25 points for the Silver Stars.
- By now, everyone has heard the story of Becky Hammon of the WNBA's San Antonio Silver Stars.
- U.S.-born Becky Hammon, a naturalized Russian citizen, didn't score until making a free throw with 9:30 left in the game.
- According to Parker, "We did just a good job of sticking with our plan, which was to get the ball out of Becky Hammon's hands.
- Ben Gordon is the only player who can consistently create his own shot, and they’re a horrible free throw shooting team (73.4%, 23rd.).
- Ben Gordon: The first thing Ben needs to do is stop talking to the press because nothing he's saying is helping his cause.
- Ben Wallace is a monster on the defensive end; so it's not surprising that he came in second to Wallace for the DP Award.
- Ben Wallace was NEVER the best player on the Pistons team.
- Ben Wallace was born in White Hall, Alabama, a small town located in Lowndes County to poverty, and is the 10th of 11 children.
- Ben Wallace was the instigator of the proceedings and his teammates suitably backed the big fella.
- Ben Wallace is your argument now.
- Bernard King was at a different level from the others.
- Betty Lennox was helpful with 16 points 11 of them coming in the final period.
- Betty Lennox was the only other player in double figures for the Storm with ten points.
- Billy Paultz was a banger.
- Gervin won his first scoring title with 27.2 ppg; behind him were forward Larry Kenon (20.6 ppg) and hulking center Billy Paultz (15.8 ppg).
- Three months later San Antonio sent four Spurs to New York in exchange for 6-foot-11 center Billy Paultz.
- Billy Paultz looks less like a pro basketball player than anyone in the history of the league.
- The Detroit Pistons' Bill Laimbeer, for example, played rough, complained to referees and was booed by fans around the league in the 1980s.
- Shock coach Bill Laimbeer says Lieberman, an ESPN analyst, was impressive during drills during last year's WNBA All-Star Game.
- In 1990, Barkley and Bill Laimbeer were each fined $20,000 (a record amount for the NBA at the time) for a fracas during a playoff game.
- Bill Russell was a waif, a mere 220.
- Bill Russell was a phenomenon in team sports; no one has even got close to what he did in team sports.
- And so what worked for Bob Cousy didn't work for Bill Sharman.
- Bill Sharman played against Baylor and coached him in his final years with the Lakers.
- Wilt's other title, with the 1971-72 L.A. Lakers, was motivated by coach Bill Sharman's slick psychology.
- In 1971, the Lakers made a notable move by signing former Celtics star guard Bill Sharman as the head coach.
- Bill Walton is a playable character in the 2003 video game NBA Street Volume 2.
- Bill Walton was the 1973 recipient of the James E. Sullivan Award as the top amateur athlete in the United States.
- Bobby Jones was a great defender and went up to defend Julius on the baseline and Bobby's shoe exploded." Friedman: "I know--I read about that.
- Bobby Jones was just signed as a free agent, they started him and he had a huge game.
- Culture > Languages > Language > Glossaries
- Sports > Basketball > Professional > Nba > Players > B > Bogues, Muggsy.
- Sports > Basketball > Women > Professional > Players > Byears, Latasha.
- Sports > Basketball > Professional > Nba > Los Angeles Lakers > Fan Pages.
- Sports > Basketball > Professional > Nba > Players > A > Anthony, Carmelo.
* Bobby Jackson
* Bobby Phills
* Bobby Simmons
* Bob Cousy
* Bob Lanier
* Bob Love
* Bob Mcadoo
* Bob Sura
* Bo Outlaw
* Brad Daugherty
* Brad Miller
* Brandon Terrell
* Brent Barry
* Brevin Knight
* Brian Cook
* Brian Shaw
* Brian Skinner
* Bruce Bowen
* Bryant Kobe
* Bryon Russell
* Butch Beard
* Caldwell Jones
* Calvin Booth
* Calvin Murphy
* Carlos Boozer
* Carmelo Anthony
* Caron Butler
* Cedric Maxwell
* Charles Oakley
* Charlie Villanueva
* Charlie Ward
* Cheryl Ford
* Christian Laettner
* Chris Duhon
* Chris Kaman
* Chris Mihm
* Chris Mullin
* Chris Webber
* Chris Wilcox
* Chucky Atkins
* Chucky Brown
* Chuck Cooper
* Chuck Person
* Cliff Hagan
* Cliff Robinson
* Corey Maggette
* Corliss Williamson
* Craig Ehlo
* Curtis Borchardt
* Cuttino Mobley
* Cynthia Cooper
* Dale Ellis
* Damon Jones
* Danny Ainge
* Danny Ferry
* Danny Granger
* Danny Manning
* Dan Dickau
* Dan Issel
* Dan Majerle
* Darius Miles
* Darrell Armstrong
* Darrell Griffith
* Darryl Dawkins
* Dave Bing
* Dave Cowens
* Dave Debusschere
* David Thompson
* David Wesley
* Dell Curry
* Delonte West
* Dennis Johnson
* Dennis Rodman
* Derek Anderson
* Derek Harper
* Derrick Coleman
* Devin Brown
* Devin Harris
* Diana Taurasi
* Dick Barnett
* Doc Rivers
* Dominique Canty
* Dominique Wilkins
* Donyell Marshall
* Don Barksdale
* Don Chaney
* Don Nelson
* Doug Christie
* Drew Gooden
* Earl Boykins
* Earl Lloyd
* Earl Monroe
* Earl Watson
* Eddie House
* Eddie Jones
* Eddie Jordan
* Eddy Curry
* Ed Macauley
* Elden Campbell
* Elgin Baylor
* Elvin Hayes
* Emeka Okafor
* Erick Dampier
* Eric Snow
* Eric Williams
* Ervin Johnson
* Etan Thomas
* Fat Lever
* Frank Ramsey
* Frank Williams
* Gary Payton
* George Gervin
* George Mcginnis
* Gerald Green
* Gerald Wallace
* Gerald Wilkins
* Gilbert Arenas
* Glenn Robinson
* Glen Rice
* Grant Hill
* Grayson Boucher
* Greg Anthony
* Gus Johnson
* Gus Williams
* Hakeem Olajuwon
* Herb Williams
* Ike Diogu
* Ira Newble
* Isaac Austin
* Isiah Thomas
* Jahidi White
* Jalen Rose
* Jamaal Wilkes
* Jamal Mashburn
* James Posey
* Janell Burse
* Janel Mccarville
* Jannero Pargo
* Jason Collier
* Jason Hart
* Jason Kapono
* Jason Maxiell
* Jason Richardson
* Jason Terry
* Jay Williams
* Jeff Foster
* Jerry Lucas
* Jerry Sloan
* Jerry Stackhouse
* Jim Jackson
* Joe Bryant
* Joe Dumars
* Joe Johnson
* Joe Mullaney
* Joe Smith
* John Beckman
* John Havlicek
* John Paxson
* John Salley
* John Starks
* Jonathan Bender
* Jon Barry
* Joseph Brennan
* Josh Childress
* Josh Howard
* Josh Smith
* Julius Hodge
* Juwan Howard
* Kara Braxton
* Kara Lawson
* Kareem Rush
* Katie Smith
* Kayte Christensen
* Keith Bogans
* Keith Van Horn
* Kendall Gill
* Kendrick Perkins
* Kenny Anderson
* Kenny Smith
* Kenyon Martin
* Kevin Duckworth
* Kevin Mchale
* Kevin Pritchard
* Keyon Dooling
* Kiki Vandeweghe
* Kirk Hinrich
* Lamar Odom
* Laron Profit
* Larry Hughes
* Larry Johnson
* Latasha Byears
* Latrell Sprewell
* Lenny Wilkens
* Lindsay Taylor
* Lindsay Whalen
* Lindsey Hunter
* Lisa Leslie
* Lonny Baxter
* Lorenzen Wright
* Louie Dampier
* Luke Jackson
* Luther Head
* Malik Allen
* Malik Rose
* Malik Sealy
* Marcus Banks
* Marcus Camby
* Marc Jackson
* Mario Elie
* Mark Blount
* Mark Jackson
* Mark Price
* Marquis Daniels
* Martell Webster
* Marvin Williams
* Matt Barnes
* Matt Bonner
* Matt Bullard
* Matt Carroll
* Matt Geiger
* Matt Guokas
* Matt Harpring
* Maurice Baker
* Maurice Cheeks
* Maurice Evans
* Michael Cooper
* Michael Doleac
* Michael Finley
* Mike Dunleavy
* Mike James
* Mike Woodson
* Mitch Kupchak
* Mitch Richmond
* Monta Ellis
* Mookie Blaylock
* Moses Malone
* Muggsy Bogues
* Nancy Lieberman
* Nate Thurmond
* Nazr Mohammed
* Nick Van Exel
* Nicole Powell
* Orien Greene
* Oscar Robertson
* Paul Pierce
* Paul Silas
* Paul Westphal
* Pete Maravich
* Phil Chenier
* Popeye Jones
* Raef Lafrentz
* Rafer Alston
* Ralph Sampson
* Rasheed Wallace
* Raymond Felton
* Reggie Lewis
* Reggie Theus
* Rex Chapman
* Richard Hamilton
* Ricky Davis
* Rick Mahorn
* Robert Horry
* Robert Parish
* Rod Strickland
* Rolando Blackman
* Ronald Dupree
* Royal Ivey
* Ruben Patterson
* Rudy Tomjanovich
* Ruth Riley
* Ryan Gomes
* Sam Bowie
* Sam Cassell
* Sam Jones
* Sam Perkins
* Scottie Pippen
* Sean Elliott
* Shareef Abdur-Rahim
* Shaun Livingston
* Shawn Bradley
* Shawn Kemp
* Smush Parker
* Speedy Claxton
* Spud Webb
* Stacey Augmon
* Stephen Jackson
* Steve Alford
* Steve Blake
* Steve Francis
* Steve Johnson
* Steve Kerr
* Steve Smith
* Taj Mcwilliams-Franklin
* Tamika Whitmore
* Tayshaun Prince
* Teresa Edwards
* Terrell Brandon
* Theo Ratliff
* Tierre Brown
* Tim Hardaway
* Tim Legler
* Tim Thomas
* Tina Thompson
* Tommy Burleson
* Tom Chambers
* Tom Gugliotta
* Tom Heinsohn
* Tony Allen
* Tony Battie
* Tony Bobbitt
* Tracy Mcgrady
* Travis Best
* Troy Bell
* Troy Hudson
* Troy Murphy
* Tyson Chandler
* Vin Baker
* Walter Berry
* Wes Unseld
* Willie Anderson
* Wilt Chamberlain
* Xavier Mcdaniel
* Zelmo Beaty
Books about "Glossary of American Basketball Players" in