Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of American Professional Wrestlers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- AJ Styles and BG James begin the match for each team.
- The bell rings and we start with BG James and Super Eric.
- Q: The first time I believe I saw you was in TNA, where you has a match against BG James.
- Hulk Hogan was back again to fight off his foreign enemies, this time team with Shawn Michaels to face Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari.
- Say the word "wrestling" to anyone, and the name "Hulk Hogan" instantly comes to mind.
- Hulk Hogan is one of the most recognized names in the world, much less sports entertainment.
- Hulk Hogan was given much leeway in his own angles (as usual) and improvised a great deal of the mannerisms and catchphrases (as did Hall and Nash).
- Hulk Hogan was the first one-on-one match at Survivor Series.
- The Fabulous Moolah was only 5 feet 4 inches and 118 pounds when she began wrestling as a professional, and her physique did not seem particularly imposing.
- The Fabulous Moolah was born Mary Lillian Ellison in 1923 in Tookiedoo, South Carolina, the youngest of 13 children and the only girl.
- The Fabulous Moolah was only 5-feet-4 and 118 pounds when she began wrestling as a professional, her physique not particularly imposing.
- Within a few years, she began wrestling under the name "Fabulous Moolah", just as Burke was reaching the end of her long career.
- Harley Race is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time---an eight time world champion, who has worked all over the globe.
- Harley Race is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time---an eighttime world champion, who has worked all over the globe.
- Harley Race was a tremendous wrestler and I really enjoyed our matches together.
- Harley Race was escorted to the ring down the ramp by Mickie and Michelle.
- James was signed to a developmental contract by World Wrestling Entertainment in October 2003.
- James was disqualified in her WWE Women's Championship match vs.
- James was one of the youngest ever elected Fellows.
- James was presented as a white trash redneck.
- John Cena is a WWE champion and entertainment mega-star.
- John Cena is a WWE professional wrestler and actor.
- John Cena is a true champion inside and outside the ring.
- John Cena is like a cartoon character and he deserves so much better.
- John Cena is one of those athletes.
- Kurt Angle is the only olympic gold medalist in wwe history.
- Kurt Angle is a man of strict morals and principals.
- Kurt Angle was a well-publicized one himself.
- Kurt Angle was angry that he did this, and used Backlund's own Crossface Chickenwing hold on him.
- Kurt Angle was hurt this past Monday in Seoul, South Korea after a botched bodyslam.
- Lou Thesz was awarded the International Heavyweight title by the NWA in 1957.
- Lou Thesz was the special referee for the match between Harley Race and Tommy Rich.
- Lou Thesz was the special referee for the match.
- Lou Thesz was the special referee.
- Matt Hardy is the brand new US Champion after defeating his nemesis MVP at Backlash just under a week ago.
- Matt Hardy - An injuried Matt Hardy moves down 2 places for not competing this week.
- Matt Hardy is the perennial underdog in the WWE while MVP plays the part of Smackdown's franchise playa.
- Matt Hardy was an excellent match.
- Matt Hardy was shown backstage discussing his upcoming Fatal Fourway match.
- Mickie James is an American professional wrestler and valet, who is sometimes known by her former stage name Alexis Laree.
- Mickie James was a pleasure to watch.
- Mickie James was able to escape from Beth as she flipped over her back then kicked her several times.
- Mickie James was backstage talking to John Cena about his recent victory in a match.
- Mickie James was defeated by Trish Stratus in Stratus' last match on September 11 at Madison Square Garden, where both hugged each other following the match.
- Ole Anderson was a Pro Wrestling legend as a Wrestler and part owner.
- Ole Anderson was inducted to the Hall of Heroes with his tag team partner Gene Anderson.
- Ole Anderson was on hand as the adviser but made only one appearance on A Flair for the Gold.
- Ole Anderson was one of Georgia's top heros in 1984, as he had to deal with Jimmy Hart's New York Assassins.
- Ric Flair is a professional wrestler.
- Ric Flair - The Nature Boy will not go quiet into that good night.
- Ric Flair is one of very few men to have the complete package, great ring skills, fantastic on the microphone, amazing levels of success and longevity.
- Ric Flair was born in 1949.
- Ric Flair was fired by the company causing the title to be vacant.
- Rob Van Dam is the most innovative wrestlers ever.
- Rob Van Dam is the only mainstream pro wrestler to have an article about him in High Times magazine and has starred in various independent films.
- Rob Van Dam was then eliminated by Kurt Angle after a pinfall with a roll-up using the ropes for leverage.
- Rob Van Dam was voted into the match, and with the assitance of WCW referees and Shane, RVD got the victory, earning Austin a World Title shot.
- Shelton Benjamin is a professional wrestler and former amateur wrestler currently signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Shelton Benjamin - The new gold standard of ECW keeps on winning.
- Shelton Benjamin is one of the few who made an impact on their debut and shocked the whole world by their awesome capabilities and fighting skills.
- Shelton Benjamin is one of the most agile stars on WWE's current roster, and he shows that every match.
- Steve Austin - The WWF gave these two 10 minutes and what a match it was.
- Steve Austin is an antique collecter.
- Steve Austin was paired with Kurt Angle and feuded against Jericho and Benoit.
- Steve Austin was the referee.
- Steve Austin was the special referee.
- Tony Atlas is one of the most prolific athletes in the world of powerlifting.
- Tony Atlas was a professional bodybuilder before getting into wrestling.
- Tony Atlas was shown walking backstage prior to the main event.
- Tony Atlas was so great throughout this.
- Ted DiBiase is a professional wrestler, the son of Iron Mike DiBiase Every man has his price.
- Ted DiBiase is an American professional wrestler currently signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Ted DiBiase is the son of wrestler Helen Hild and the stepson of wrestler "Iron" Mike DiBiase.
- Ted DiBiase was billed as a mystery partner to the Junkyard Dog for the match with Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts.
- Adam Birch is an established Portrait Artist creating portraits in oil and acrylic on canvas.
- Amy Dumas is a known animal lover.
- Amy Dumas is a professional wrestler, mostly known for her work under the name Lita.
- Andy Kaufman is an intriguing suggestion.
- Andy Kaufman was enamored with Freddie Blassie and constantly hounded him to get him a spot in the wrestling card.
- April Hunter was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but moved to Enterprise, Alabama with her father when her parents divorced.
- With the camel clutch applied, Backlund's manager, Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel which resulted in victory for the Iron Sheik.
- In the A&E documentary, Arnold Skaaland mentions how André wished he could see a Broadway play.
- Arn Anderson was the first wrestler in North America to get a pin or submission out of both Hulk Hogan and Ric "Nature Boy" Flair.
- Art Barr was a real special friend of mine.
- Art Barr was the son of promotor Sandy Barr.
- They also removed Ashley Massaro's name, but forgot to remove Torrie Wilson as well as Trevor Murdoch from the list.
- Ashley Massaro won the Gauntlet after stripping Victoria’s panties.
- Ashley Massaro came to WWE in June 2005 as a contestant in the 2005 Raw Diva Search.
- Austin Aries defeated Claudio Castagnoli after hitting a 450 splash.
- Austin Aries and Roderick Strong defeated Matt Sydal and SHINGO in the match of the night match.
- Cima and B x B Hulk defeated B-Boy and Chris Bosh and Matt Sydal and Austin Aries in a three way tag team match.
- His ring name is a combination of his astrology sign ( Aries) and the first name of one of his favorite wrestlers when he was growing up ( Austin Idol).
- In his debut match, Eudy teamed with Austin Idol and wrestled the team of Nick Bockwinkel and Jerry Lawler.
- Barry Darsow is an American former professional wrestler who worked for the NWA, WWE and WCW.
- Barry Darsow was a member of Demolition.
- Barry Darsow was born in Minneapolis in 1959.
- Now, Becky Bayless is pissed as she feels that she was screwed out of the J-Cup tournament.
- Mercedes vs Becky Bayless is 100% on, and you can bet that the winner of this will make their case to become number 1 contender to the WSU Championship.
- Beth Phoenix was able to put both Mickie James and Melina on one shoulder and deliver several backbrakers on them.
- Less than 4 months into his run with the WWWF, Backlund received his first shot at the WWWF Champion "Superstar" Billy Graham where he lost by count out.
- You came back right on top and immediately won the Florida title from Superstar Billy Graham.
- In the 70s, Monsoon became a babyface, now feuding with popular heel champion "Superstar" Billy Graham among others.
- Bill Dannenhauser was a professional wrestler better known as Dave Sullivan or The Equalizer.
- Bill Eadie is a professional wrestler who has competed under the names of Ax as part of Demolition and The Masked Superstar.
- Bill Goldberg was the first person ever cut from the Carolina Panthers.
- Bill Watts was seen at the time as one of the best promoters in America, and his show was garnering high ratings.
- BlackJack Mulligan was a brutish 6-foot-9, 340-pound native of Sweetwater.
- He is also the father-in-law of wrestler Bobby Eaton, who is married to Crookshanks' daughter.
- PWI ranked him # 21 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" with Bobby Eaton in 2003.
- Jim Cornette, who was managing The Midnight Express ( Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane) at the time, decided to manage the duo to help them get over.
- Bockwinkel soon joined the AWA, where he formed one of the most successful tandems in wrestling history with Ray Stevens, and manager, Bobby Heenan.
- The three Machines were introduced as rivals of Bobby Heenan and his massive tag team, Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy.
- Bobby Heenan sold Hercules ' contract to Ted DiBiase for his services as his personal slave.
- Bobo Brazil was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame in 1994.
- Bobo Brazil was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1994 .
- It was announced that Freddie Blassie and Bobo Brazil would be wrestling in Atlanta soon.
- Bob Armstrong is the type of man that I look up to.
- Bob Armstrong was a talented up-and-coming hillclimber during the 1920s.
- Bob Armstrong was quoted in the program for this card that he had resigned as a firefighter to devote his time to wrestling.
- Bob Armstrong was the special referee.
- Bob Backlund is a retired professional wrestler, who was one of the longest reigning champions in history.
- Bob Backlund was also a guest on MTV 's Singled Out where he acted in sketches with host Jenny McCarthy and Chris Hardwick.
- Bob Backlund was also a guest on MTVs Singled Out where he acted in sketches with host Jenny McCarthy and Chris Hardwicke.
- In 1983, Kernodle became a heel and formed a tag team with Bob Orton, Jr.
- Also on the bill was a Texas death match featuring Ricky Gibson versus Bob Orton, Jr.
- Determined not to lose the title again, Race offered a $25,000 bounty to anyone who could eliminate Flair from the NWA. Bob Orton, Jr.
- He then represented PRIDE at a co-promotion with K-1, PRIDE Shockwave, against the super heavyweight former American footballer Bob Sapp.
- He was the first fighter to beat then-undefeated giant, "The Beast" Bob Sapp in 86 seconds, breaking Sapp's orbital bone with a left punch.
- Meanwhile, Bob Sapp defeated Bobby Ologun with a flurry of strikes at another New Year---s Eve show in Osaka.
- Brad Anderson is a U.S. professional wrestler and is the son of legendary wrestler Gene Anderson.
- Brad Anderson is a professional wrestler and is the son of legendary wrestler Gene Anderson .
* Brad Armstrong
* Brad Cain
* Brian Adams
* Brian Adias
* Brian Blair
* Brian Kendrick
* Brian Lee
* Brian Pillman
* Brock Lesnar
* Brutus Beefcake
* Bryan Clark
* Bryan Danielson
* Buddy Rogers
* Captain Lou Albano
* Carlene Begnaud
* Carmella Decesare
* Chad Collyer
* Charles Robinson
* Charlie Haas
* Chase Stevens
* Christy Hemme
* Chris Chetti
* Chris Guy
* Chris Harris
* Chris Kanyon
* Chris Parks
* Chris Sabin
* Chuck Palumbo
* Curt Hennig
* Daizee Haze
* Damian Adams
* Daniel Puder
* Danny Davis
* Danny Dominion
* Dan Severn
* Dan Spivey
* David Abbott
* David Flair
* David Von Erich
* Dennis Condrey
* Dennis Rodman
* Dick Murdoch
* Dick Slater
* Don Kernodle
* Don Muraco
* Dory Funk
* Doug Basham
* Doug Furnas
* Doug Gilbert
* Dwayne Bruce
* Earl Caddock
* Eddie Fatu
* Eddie Graham
* Eddie Guerrero
* Eddie Kingston
* Elijah Burke
* Elix Skipper
* Eric Angle
* Eric Bischoff
* Erik Watts
* Ernest Miller
* Frankie Kazarian
* Frank Gotch
* Fred Blassie
* Fritz Von Erich
* Gary Hart
* Gene Anderson
* Gene Snitsky
* George Steele
* Gino Hernandez
* Gorilla Monsoon
* Greg Gagne
* Greg Valentine
* Iron Mike Meek
* Ivan Putski
* Jackie Gayda
* Jack Brisco
* Jack Evans
* Jake Roberts
* James Brunzell
* James Dillon
* James Storm
* Jeff Bradley
* Jeff Hardy
* Jeff Jarrett
* Jerry Lawler
* Jerry Lynn
* Jesse Ventura
* Jillian Hall
* Jimmy Garvin
* Jimmy Rave
* Jim Browning
* Jim Duggan
* Jim Powers
* Johnny Jeter
* Johnny Valiant
* John Hennigan
* Jonathan Coachman
* Jon Dalton
* Joseph Utsler
* Josh Barnett
* Judy Martin
* Ken Anderson
* Ken Doane
* Ken Patera
* Ken Shamrock
* Kerry Von Erich
* Kevin Nash
* Kevin Sullivan
* Kevin Von Erich
* Lance Cade
* Lance Hoyt
* Lanny Poffo
* Larry Zbyszko
* Lawrence Heinemi
* Leilani Kai
* Lex Luger
* Mae Young
* Malia Hosaka
* Manny Fernandez
* Marcus Dupree
* Marc Mero
* Mark Henry
* Mark Jindrak
* Marty Jannetty
* Matt Bentley
* Matt Cappotelli
* Matt Cross
* Matt Morgan
* Matt Sydal
* Melina Perez
* Michael Hayes
* Mick Foley
* Mike Alfonso
* Mike Enos
* Mike Meek
* Mike Quackenbush
* Mike Rotunda
* Mike Sanders
* Monty Brown
* Nelson Erazo
* Nick Bockwinkel
* Nick Dinsmore
* Nikita Koloff
* Orlando Jordan
* Paul Ellering
* Paul London
* Paul Orndorff
* Paul Wight
* Percy Pringle
* Phil Brooks
* Randy Colley
* Randy Orton
* Randy Savage
* Rena Mero
* Ricky Morton
* Ricky Steamboat
* Rick Michaels
* Rico Constantino
* Rob Conway
* Rodney Begnaud
* Ron Killings
* Ron Simmons
* Sam Fatu
* Scott Armstrong
* Scott Colton
* Scott Hall
* Scott Norton
* Sean Waltman
* Seth Skyfire
* Shane Douglas
* Shane Helms
* Shane Mcmahon
* Shannon Moore
* Shark Boy
* Shawn Daivari
* Shawn Michaels
* Shelly Martinez
* Sherri Martel
* Simon Dean
* Sonny Siaki
* Stacy Carter
* Stacy Keibler
* Stan Hansen
* Stan Lane
* Stephanie Bellars
* Steve Blackman
* Steve Corino
* Steve Keirn
* Steve Mcmichael
* Steve Regal
* Steve Williams
* Super Dragon
* Sylvester Terkay
* Tammy Lynn Sytch
* Ted Arcidi
* Terry Allen
* Terry Funk
* Terry Gerin
* Terry Gordy
* Terry Taylor
* Tom Prichard
* Tom Zenk
* Toni Adams
* Torrie Wilson
* Tully Blanchard
* Tylene Buck
* Tyson Dux
* Verne Gagne
* Vince Mcmahon
* Wagner Brown
* Wahoo Mcdaniel
* Wayne Bloom
Books about "Glossary of American Professional Wrestlers" in