Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Anime"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The anime series based on Ai Shite Knight was the first ever to feature original songs performed within the episodes.
- The anime version of "Ai Shite Knight" was produced by Toei Animation in 1983-1984, for a total of 42 episodes directed by Osamu Kasai.
- Ai Shite Knight portrays the Japanese rock music scene of the early 1980's.
- The anime series is one of the most popular worldwide on tape and disk.
- The anime series are especially good about this.
- The anime series was broadcast in Japan in 2000.
- Naruto is an anime series about a young aspiring ninja-to-be who wants to be recognized by his village.
- Naruto is a havoc causing student of the Ninja Academy of the Village Konoha (Leaf Village).
- Naruto is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto with an anime adaptation.
- Naruto is the number one loudest ninja of the Leaf Village.
- Naruto: The Broken Bond will build on Rise of a Ninja with an all new adventure where the loud mouthed ninja will grow up a little and become a mature hero.
- Battle Angel Alita is a great manga about a cybor brain and body found by a young "cyborg doctor" in a junkyard on a future earth.
- Battle Angel Alita is a manga comic that is republished throughout the world.
- Battle Angel Alita is a post-apocolyptic story about a robotic girl named Alita.
- Battle Angel Alita is a story about love, hope and oppression.
- Battle Angel Alita is one of those anime that, like Rodney Dangerfield, doesn't get any respect.
- Berserk is an anime like most other anime titles that has sprung out of the manga pages and onto the screen.
- Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's MacBeth.
- Berserk is a dark fantasy manga by Kentaro Miura.
- Berserk is a fantasy title but doesn't fit in with standard fantasy fare like Record of Lodoss War.
- Berserk is a graphically grotesque work.
- Blue Gender is a 26-episode anime created by Ryousuke Takahashi (of Armored Trooper Votoms and Gasaraki fame) broadcast in Japan from 1999-2000.
- Blue Gender is a cool Sci-fi series where earthlings must survive by fighting a giant bug-like creature called Blue that has taken over the earth.
- Blue Gender is a hard-core science fiction plot with surprisingly realistic characters.
- Blue Gender is a tightly woven story that combines military sci-fi, romance, and suspense together into an action packed and emotionally charged series.
- Blue Gender: The Complete Collection Anime DVD Review Blue Gender is a hard-core science fiction plot with surprisingly realistic characters.
- Boogiepop Phantom is a dark brooding mystery anime series which is often compared with Serial Experiments Lain.
- Boogiepop Phantom is a dark mystery anime series which is often compared to Serial Experiments Lain.
- Boogiepop Phantom is a horror series from maker of Slayers.
- Boogiepop Phantom is a little freaky, but it's a rather smart anime.
- Boogiepop Phantom is based on the Boogiepop series of books by Kouhei Kadono, which have also been adapted into the live action film Boogiepop and Others.
- Bubblegum Crisis is a mecha style anime that takes place in the future in a post disaster Tokyo, now known as Megatokyo.
- Bubblegum Crisis is an anime OVA Series that takes at least part of its inspiration from Philip K. Dick 's Blade Runner.
- A Bubblegum Crisis is what happens when you blow a huge bubblegum bubble and it pops and gets all over your face and hair and won't easily get cleaned up.
- BUBBLEGUM CRISIS is a series (not yet complete - 8 videos out so far) of OAVs set in Megatokyo 2032-?.
- BUBBLEGUM CRISIS is a series of OAVs set in Megatokyo 2032-?.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a great show and manga.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a series that spans 70 TV episodes, two movies, and is based on the 12-volume manga of the same name by Clamp.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a shoujo title that will appeal to anyone looking for a show that builds more on the characters, than just a simple plot device.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is one of the larger series out there, and as such can be quite the hit on one's wallet when trying to see the entire series.
- Cardcaptor Sakura was adapted into English by Nelvana and brought to the United States and other English-speaking countries under the name Cardcaptors.
- Cromartie High School was originally a Manga comic, and was later turned into an anime.
- Cromartie High School is a brilliantly stupid comedy primarily intended for well-versed anime veterans who appreciate dry wit and parody.
- Cromartie High School is a smart, funny, slow-burn comedy that?s totally absurd.
- Cromartie High School is one of those few animes that come around every once in a while, and is easily one of the best comedy animes to come out.
- Cromartie High School is the brainchild of Eiji Nanaka [check spelling], an unconventional manga artist known for his stated dislike of manga.
- Dead Leaves is an unusually fresh anime feature that intentionally rattles the senses.
- Dead Leaves is a 'show off' piece, where twisted creativity and virtuoso animation are the real purpose of the show.
- Dead Leaves is a horrible prison where no one could escape from.
- Dead Leaves is the one of the most messed up, entertaining films I have ever seen in 20 years of anime watching.
- Dead Leaves was a really, really weird yet awesome movie that made little sense visually but in actuality made total sense story-wise.
- Devilman was created by the famous Go Nagai and the dub by Manga Entertainment.
- Devilman is a decent enough horror anime.
- Devilman is a cult event in Japan.
- Devilman is a force that fights against the demons in order to save mankind.
- Devilman is one of Go Nagai's most popular creations.
- Digimon are monsters of various forms living in a " Digital World ", a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks.
- Digimon are dependant on you for happiness, food, and parental guidance to guide their behavior (similar to the popular Tamagotchi toy).
- Digimon are fictional creatures from the Japanese Digimon media franchise.
- Digimon are generally not given individual names, and are instead simply referred to by the name of their species.
- Digimon was even worse.
- Doraemon is a Japanese manga series created by Fujiko F. Fujio which later became an anime series and Asian franchise.
- Doraemon is a Japanese manga series created by two authors sharing pen name Fujiko Fujio which later became an anime series and Asian franchise.
- Doraemon is a blue cat-like robot in Japanese comic books.
- Doraemon is a cat-like robot from the future.
- Doraemon is a cat-type robot in the 22nd century.
- Dragon Ball Z is the long-running sequel to the anime Dragon Ball.
- Dragon Ball Z is the second series in a trilogy of anime shows.
- Dragon Ball Z - One of the most popular kids shows on FOX. Michael plays Nappa a seriously bad dude, who destroys planets just to pass the time.
- Dragon Ball Z is one of the most popular manga in the world, with top-rated shows on the Cartoon Network and Telemundo.
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku takes you on an incredible journey to protect the universe from the evil Frieza once and for all.
- Flame of Recca is a Japanese anime and manga series by Nobuyuki Anzai.
- Flame of Recca is a manga series by Nobuyuki Anzai, which was adapted into an anime series by Studio Pierrot.
- Flame of Recca is a series of manga and anime from Japan.
- Flame of Recca is a very simple show at its heart but its heart is what's attracted us to it.
- Flame of Recca was adapted into an anime series by Studio Pierrot, and aired from 19 July 1997 to 10 July 1998 on Fuji Television.
- Gantz is a manga and anime created by Hiroya Oku.
- Gantz is a manga and anime series written by Hiroya Oku.
- Gantz is an amazing piece of art.
- Gantz is an enigma and while more about Gantz's rules are revealed as the series goes on, Gantz himself (or itself) remains a mystery.
- Gantz is one of the best shows to come out this past year.
- Gasaraki is a relatively unknown anime series.
- Gasaraki is a thought mecha series gaining a large following due to detailed science fiction, and military political and spiritual machination.
- Gasaraki is an intelligent giant robot series, with a deliberate pace, and a thoughtful look at the science, and politics surround use of humanoid armors.
- Gasaraki is the more 'Nipponocentric' show, and probably the less accessible of the two.
- GASARAKI is one anime title that I have been wanting to see since I learned about its existence.
- Genshiken is a very funny anime, and each episode is filled with realistic twists and turns of an anime otaku.
- Genshiken is a great manga that follows a group of young college students as their friendships grow through their shared love of all things Otaku.
- Genshiken is a slightly exaggerated account of otaku in japan.
- Genshiken is a unique take on anime in terms of plot structure.
- Genshiken is an anime about Otakuness, for Otakus really.
- Grendizer is a fictional Mecha from the Anime and Manga series of the same name, created by Go Nagai .
- Grendizer is a giant robot that interfaces with Spazer, a flying saucer that enables the robot to fly.
- Grendizer was also part of Jim Terry's Force Five series, under the title Grandizer.
- Grendizer was also playable in the Mazinger Z arcade game.
- Grendizer was born to enslave the world.
- Gundam is one of the longest running meta-series of anime featuring giant robots.
- Gundam is a turning point in the history of anime and manga, as it is credited for inspiring the Real Robot genre.
- A Gundam is a type of humanoid shaped mobile suit like an Apache is a type of helicopter.
- Gundam is a science fiction war series that features human piloted, humanoid shaped mobile suits called Gundam.
- Gundam was to have been the ready-made multi-media franchise, ready to be packaged and sold to American consumers.
- Hello Kitty is a popular cartoon character created in 1974 by the Sanrio Company of Japan.
- Hello Kitty is a very simply drawn character who was created in 1974 by the Sanrio Company in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hello Kitty is a white, mouthless female kitten who lives in a seemingly perfect world.
- Hello Kitty is also used in books to teach children manners.
- Hello Kitty is one of the many Sanrio characters.
- Hellsing is an anime and manga series by Kouta Hirano.
- Hellsing is a fun series with plenty of humor and suspense.
- Hellsing is a very good manga.
- Hellsing is an organization that fights for humans that are the pawns in this anime.
- Hellsing is based on the best-selling graphic novel by Kohta Hirano published by DarkHorse Comics.
- Kikaider is an uneven mixture of serious melodrama and the anime recreation of actors in rubber suits laying waste to miniature-set cities.
- Kikaider is a human-like robot tasked with the protection of his creator-s son and daughter.
- Kikaider is a humanoid robot tasked with the protection of Dr. Komyoji's son and daughter.
- Kikaider is a live action show which started in Japan about a teenage boy who is an android and experiences strange feelings and is quite unsure why.
- Kikaider is a mysterious type of anime following Jiro (pic on the side) who was created in a lab as an android.
- Slayers is a series of comedic sword and sorcery anime and manga that began as light novels written by Hajime Kanzaka.
- Slayers - The Motion Picture Very good Good if you are familiar with at least the first TV series.
- Slayers is a story set in a pseudo- medieval world with all the typical sword-and-sorcery trappings of the fantasy genre.
- Slayers is a unique show, in that the main character, Lina Inverse, possesses enormous power.
- Slayers was created by Kanzaka Hajime, and its rights are held by animation companies I don't even own stock in.
- The Big O is a great action mystery anime that will be fondly remembered by it's many fans.
- The Big O is a series of style.
- The Big O is an enigma wrapped in some of the greatest giant super robot action this side of the legendary anime, Giant Robo.
- The Big O is the brainchild of Keiichi Sato and Kazuyoshi Katayama, an homage to the shows they grew up with.
- The Big O is the title of an anime television series, which also has a manga adaptation.
- Trigun is a 26-part anime series, somewhat episodic, but constructing an overall story arc.
- Trigun is a really good action series.
- Trigun is also like Cowboy Bebop, except good in a different way.
- Trigun is based on a manga which I am told covers more story than the anime.
- Trigun is based on the best-selling manga series by the same name and is published in North America by Dark Horse.
- Adventures of Mini-Goddess is simply a combination of brainless fun and a whole lot of cute stuff.
- The Adventures of Mini-Goddess is a collection of vignettes which show the daily antics of super-deformed Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld.
- To be honest, I'm quite neutral in my feelings about Adventures of Mini-Goddess.
- AD Police is a spin-off of another anime series: Bubblegum Crisis.
- AD Police is an okay OAV overall.
- The AD Police were employed to deal with matters that the regular police departments could not, and this included Boomer threats.
- Ai Yori Aoshi is a great anime.
- Ai Yori Aoshi was made into an anime in 2002 and video games were released for the PlayStation 2 and Windows 98.
- Air Master is a quirky, well action series about a competitive gymnast turned street fighter.
- Air Master: a former national gymnast searches for the thrill of competition in the world of street fights.
- Air Master: A former gymnast, Aikawa Maki has turned her skills to a different way of life - street fighting.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a Japanese anime series based on the manga originally created by Yoko Maki, which was serialized in Ribon.
- Aishiteruze Baby is one of those anime that is a lot better than it may seem at first glance.
- Aishiteruze Baby was adapted into an anime series by TMS and Animax, which premiered across Japan on Animax from April 3, 2004 to October 9, 2004.
- Alien Nine is a unique story brought to life in both manga and anime.
- Alien Nine is a unique story brought to life in both manga and anime form.
- Alien Nine is the perfect sample of why the bar for "strange" is set much higher for anime and manga.
- Amazing Nurse Nanako - www.smarter.com Find amazing nurse nanako and Compare prices at Smarter.com.
- Amazing Nurse Nanako: Nanako is a an inept apprentice nurse to the brilliant young Dr. Kouji.
- Take some BlackJack, add a little Nuku Nuku and throw in a few suggestive not-so-naughty bits and what you get is Amazing Nurse Nanako.
- Ambassador Magma is a golden human rocket created to defend the planet Earth.
- Ambassador Magma, despite his robot-like appearance, is not a robot, but actually, a living giant forged from gold.
- Goa's attempt to capture Miki fails and Ambassador Magma returns to Earth.
- Americanime is a dynamic new production company developing many exciting properties.
- Americanime Productions was founded a year ago by Michael Westerman in January of 2005.
- Each month the releases of Americanime are listed within this catalogue guaranteeing exposure for the current releases, while the ads increase visibility.
- A master of the fantastical, Amano once again plies his trade in Amon Saga.
- Well, actually, that rule is just halfway true, and marks the only part of Amon Saga that I liked.
- After seeing Amon Saga I vow to never again be the victim of a cool looking box.
- Angelic Layer is a game of fighting with dolls.
- Angelic Layer is an anime and manga series released by the manga team CLAMP.
- Angelic Layer is based on a manga, which I am told differs in only minor ways from the anime.
- Angelic Layer: the game of battling angels.
- Angel Links is a difficult series to review because of this; it does not do anything poorly, but it does not do much to make it stand out much either.
- Angel Links is a hard title to recommend.
- Angel Links is a surprisingly good series.
- Angel Links is a treat for the eyes and ears but provides only an average story.
- Angel Links is based in the same universe as Outlaw Star, some of the characters from Angel Links even make cameo appearances in Outlaw Star.
- Angel Sanctuary is a good manga.
- Angel Sanctuary is a magna and anime series created by Kaori Yuki.
- Angel Sanctuary is a manga and anime series created by Kaori Yuki.
- Angel Sanctuary is a manga series by Yuki Kaori that is currently running in Hana to Yume, a bi-weekly shoujo manga magazine published by Hakusensha.
- Angel Sanctuary is a manga series by Yuki Kaori.
- Animal Yokocho is the tale of a 5 year old girl named Ami who finds a mysterious trap door in her new room.
- One of my all time favorite stalled anime has got to be Animal Yokocho.
- They seem to come from Animal Yokocho where animals are living, and they come here through "secret door" that exists somehow in her room.
- I just finished watching Animation Runner Kuromi, which sorta falls into that category.
- The DVD and Extras: The first Animation Runner Kuromi was a treasure trove of extras.
- Web Results for: animation runner kuromi 1-10 of about 350 results Search took 0.35 seconds.
- The late Chuck Jones was the animation director responsible for many of Warner Bros.
- Kondo Katsuya: When I was working on one of the Ghibli Museum shorts as an animation director, Miyazaki-san alluded it to me.
- Only two days are away before the release of the latest film of master animation director Miyazaki Hayao.
- A anime was chosen from the available titles with member opinion.
- Anime is a Japanese word borrowed from French, and is used to mean "animation".
- Anime is a dark scourge upon our beautiful nation, and we don't need this Japanese filth corrupting the hearts of the children.
- Anime is a good method of escapism, and theres nothing wrong with that.
- Anime is a hobby like any other.
- This will automatically place the article into the Category:Anime and manga stubs category.
- Category:Anime and manga stubs From Biocrawler, the free encyclopedia.
- Animesuki is a great site, but they only offer one RSS feed for all series.
- Animesuki is a great place to start if you know exactly what series you want to download, but it's excellent if you just want to browse for something new.
- I wanna check that out but it won't let me dl over at animesuki.
* Anime Complex
* Anime Conventions
* Anime Directors
* Anime Games
* Anime Soundtracks
* Apocalypse Zero
* Arcadia of My Youth
* Armitage Iii
* Ashita No Joe
* Ashita No Nadja
* Astro Boy
* Baby And Me
* Banana Chan
* Banner of The Stars
* Banpresto Originals
* Barefoot Gen
* Bari Bari Densetsu
* Battle B-Daman
* Battle of The Planets
* Battle Programmer Shirase
* Battling Companion
* Beet The Vandel Buster
* Beyblade V-Force
* Big Wars
* Blood Plus
* Blue Seed
* Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
* Bomberman Jetters
* Boss Borot
* Bottle Fairy
* Boys Over Flowers
* Brain Powered
* Brave Raideen
* Bubblegum Crash
* Burn Up W
* Burst Angel
* Candidate For Goddess
* Candy Candy
* Captain Harlock
* Captain Tsubasa
* Case Closed
* Castle In The Sky
* Chibi Maruko-Chan
* Chrono Crusade
* City Hunter
* Clamp School Detectives
* Comic Party
* Corrector Yui
* Crayon Shin-Chan
* Crest of The Stars
* Cutey Honey
* Daisuke Niwa
* Darkside Blues
* Dear Boys
* Devil Hunter Yohko
* Dirty Pair
* Divergence Eve
* Di Charat
* Di Gi Charat
* Dragon Ball Gt
* Dragon Drive
* Dragon Half
* Duel Masters
* Earth Girl Arjuna
* Elfen Lied
* Eureka Seven
* Excel Saga
* F-Zero Gp Legend
* Fancy Lala
* Fighting Spirit
* Fist of The North Star
* Five Star Stories
* Fruits Basket
* Fullmetal Alchemist
* Fushigi Yugi
* Futari Ecchi
* Gakuen Alice
* Galaxy Angel
* Gallery Fake
* Gall Force
* Gate Keepers
* Gekigangar Iii
* Ghost In The Shell
* Giant Robo
* Gin Tama
* Glass Mask
* Gokujou Seitokai
* Grave of The Fireflies
* Great Mazinger
* Great Teacher Onizuka
* Gregory Horror Show
* Gunslinger Girl
* Gurio Umino
* Hack Sign
* Haibane Renmei
* Hand Maid May
* Happy Lesson
* Heat Guy J
* Higuchi Shinji
* Hikaru No Go
* History of Anime
* Honey And Clover
* Infinite Ryvius
* Japanese Animators
* Kannazuki No Miko
* Kare Kano
* Kimagure Orange Road
* Kimba The White Lion
* Knight Sabers
* Last Exile
* La Blue Girl
* Leiji Matsumoto
* Lord of Nightmares
* Lost Universe
* Love Hina
* Lupin Iii
* Magical Doremi
* Magic Knight Rayearth
* Maison Ikkoku
* Marmalade Boy
* Martian Successor Nadesico
* Millennium Actress
* My Neighbor Totoro
* Neon Genesis Evangelion
* Neo Ranga
* Ninja Resurrection
* Ninja Scroll
* Otaku No Video
* Outlaw Star
* Paradise Kiss
* Paranoia Agent
* Peach Girl
* Porco Rosso
* Princess Mononoke
* Project A-Ko
* Queen Emeraldas
* Record of Lodoss War
* Revival of Evangelion
* Rg Veda
* Roger Smith
* Ronin Warriors
* Rozen Maiden
* Rurouni Kenshin
* Saber Marionette
* Sailor Moon
* Saint Seiya
* Sakura Wars
* Samurai Champloo
* School Rumble
* Seras Victoria
* Shaman King
* Shinji Higuchi
* Slow Step
* Sorcerer Hunters
* Space Battleship Yamato
* Space Runaway Ideon
* Speed Racer
* Spirited Away
* Super Robot
* Super Robot Wars
* Sweat Drop
* Tenjho Tenge
* The Castle of Cagliostro
* The Cat Returns
* The End of Evangelion
* The Vision of Escaflowne
* Those Who Hunt Elves
* Tokyo Babylon
* Tokyo Godfathers
* Trinity Blood
* Urusei Yatsura
* Vampire Hunter D
* Video Girl Ai
* Voices of A Distant Star
* Whisper of The Heart
* Witch Hunter Robin
* Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Books about "Glossary of Anime" in