Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Art Genres"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Street painting is a very common and popular art form in Europe.
- Street Painting is a way to share your art with many people and bring enjoyment to all.
- Street Painting is a continuing lesson and labor of love.
- Street painting is a European tradition dating back to as early as the 16th century.
- Street painting is a great alternative to chalking (which is not allowed per University and Campus Life policy).
- Street painting is a great way to unleash creativity in children and adults, allowing freedom of expression on a grand scale.
- Street painting is a mural made with temporary materials on a permanent surface.
- Street painting is a performance art," Bakke said.
- Street painting is a radically different art form than traditional painting on an easel.
- Street painting is a temporary art medium in which artists use pastel chalk to create exciting and original works of art on asphalt.
- Lithography - a method of printing invented in the late 18th century, a drawing is made on a flat plate with a grease-based crayon and then washed off.
- Lithography is a grease (ink)and water (wet stone or plate) resist printing technique.
- Mosaics were used across the world for artistical needs.
- Mosaics were more central to Byzantine culture than to that of Western Europe.
- The mosaics are set against the original golden background of the 6th century.
- The mosaics were covered and protected by a landslide in the 12th century for 700 years.
- The mosaics were executed in the 1220s.
- Medieval Art is the art, including architecture, produced in Europe during the Middle Ages, i.e.
- Medieval art was of many crafts, such as mosaics and sculpture; and there were many unique genres of art, such as Crusade art or animal style.
- Medieval art was of many crafts, such as mosaic s and sculpture; and there were many unique genres of art, such as Crusade art or animal style.
- An iconography is a particular range or system of types of image used by an artist or artists to convey particular meanings.
- ICONOGRAPHY - The study of the symbolic meaning of objects, people, and events represented in works of art.
- Iconography is a cancer in the architecture world.
- Iconography is a free code-breaking game which runs on almost any Java-enabled phone.
- Iconography is a fundamental liturgical art originating in the earliest days of the Christian Church.
- Gothic Art is the style of art produced in Europe from the Middle Ages up to the beginning of the Renaissance.
- Gothic art is a fragmentary term depending on the craft, place and time.
- Gothic art is a variable term depending on the craft, place and time.
- Gothic art was a Medieval art movement that lasted about 200 years.
- Calligraphy was thought to be the highest and purest form of painting.
- Calligraphy - the art of handwriting where the writing has been done in an ornamental way.
- Calligraphy are Adobe Photoshop of water color real community.
- Calligraphy is one of the most highly prized forms of art in the Muslim world with its being used to decorate architecture, furniture and clothing.
- Calligraphy is the most important and pervasive element in Islamic art.
- Body art is a phrase that encompasses everything from an ear piercing, to a full back tattoo, and everything in between.
- Body Art is a dynamic symbol of self expression.
- Body art is a good term.
- Body art is a popular form of self-expression.
- Body art is a visual language.
- Giclee is a computer controlled, fine art print making process.
- Giclee is the most sophisticated inkjet printing process today, and it is also the name given to the finished product resulting from said process.
- The scope of the word "genre" is usually confined to art and culture.
- A genre is any of the traditional divisions of art forms from a single field of activity into various kinds according to criteria particular to that form.
- GENRE - The term refers to art that shows scenes from daily life.
- Genre is also a type of painting in its own right, referring to the depiction of scenes of everyday life.
- Genre is defined as a category of artistic, musical, or literary composition characterized by a particular style, form, or content.
- Artbook - www.smarter.com Compare prices on artbook at Smarter.com.
- A nice perfect bound furry artbook for you to take home.
- The entire staff of J-List recommend this really excellent artbook.
- Performance art is a practice as all encompassing as the community itself.
- Performance art is a broad term used to describe a variety of multisensory, multimedia events created by contemporary artists.
- Performance art is a term usually reserved to refer to a kind of usually avant garde or conceptual art which grew out of the visual arts.
- Art History 101 - Performance Art 1960s to Present The term "Performance Art" got its start in the 1960s in the United States.
- Performance Art is a legitimate artistic movement.
- Performance Art is a relatively new concept within visual art in Norway.
- Performance Art is one of the most potent, intuitive and yet highly evolved strategy that can be used to comprehend the unknown.
- Performance art is a means for Anna to tap into the materials of time and space.
- Performance art is a means of artistic expression which is not easily defined.
- Landscape art is a composition of scenery like trees, rivers, mountains, valleys, forests and sky.
- Bonsai is the art of growing miniature (dwarf) trees in shallow trays or pots.
- It is said that the name "Bonsai" started being used around this time.
- The word "Bonsai" consists of two Chinese characters: "Bon" (pronounced Bone") meaning tray or pot and "sai" (pronounced "sigh") meaning planting.
- Aleatory is a gripping and fascinating petri dish of enlightening dialogue.
- Aleatory was also employed by numerous twentieth century avant-garde artists.
- The animal style is a common theme throughout history.
- The animal style was used not only in England, but also in Scandinavia, Germany, and France.
- The name "animated cartoon" is generally not used when referring to full-length animated productions, since the term more or less implies a "short".
- The name "animated cartoon" is often not used when referring to full-length animated productions, since the term more or less implies a "short".
- ARABESQUE is a national leader in the distribution of building and finishing materials.
- Arabesque is a Puzzle Game in best traditions of match three games.
- Arabesque is a Trintech reseller for the Gulf responsible for the resale of their electronic payment products and solutions.
- Arabesque is a geometric form of Islamic art.
- The arabesque is a body position in which the weight of the body is supported on one leg, while the other leg is extended in back with the knee straight.
- The artist is a professional communicator knowing and feeling everything about the form and the transmitter belonging to his or her own message.
- The artist is the opposite of the politically minded individual, the opposite of the reformer, the opposite of the idealist.
- When so combined (and sometimes, less strictly speaking, even when not so) the artistamp is part of the mail art genre.
- Artistamp creators often include their work on legitimate mail, alongside valid postage stamps, in order to decorate the envelope with their art.
- Many artistamp creators are happy to swap their creations with other practitioners of the form, either directly or within the broader concept of mail art.
- Artistamps are cindarellas [philatilest term for non-postage stamp stamps].
- Artistamps are often created uniquely or in limited editions.
- An art car is a car that has been decorated in a manner that is very decidedly not factory standard.
- An art car is a painted, modified, or embellished car.
- An art car is a vehicle that has its appearance modified as an act of personal artistic expression.
- An art car is a vehicle with its appearance modified so its owner can demonstrate his or her artistic expression as part of the visual mosaic of the event.
- Art Media is a business specialized on technical support, sales on software and hardware and give solution on hosting and domains.
- Bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all.
- Bad art is a nouveau riche epidemic that doesn't discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender or age.
- Bad art is a painting on a wall that you don't even notice.
- A balloon animal is a generic term used to describe balloon modelling, balloon art and balloon sculpture.
- The book is an impressively original fusion of art, science, spirituality, and humanity.
- The book was also recognized with a design award presented to Lisa Kiss of the Toronto-based company, Lisa Kiss Design.
- The book was drawn by Wilfred Haughton.
- Byzantine art is the art of the Byzantine Empire, centered in Constantinople (now Istanbul).
- Byzantine art was the high art of the Middle Ages and monumental Church mosaics were the crowing glory.
- Byzantine art was the high art of the Middle Ages and monumental Church mosaics were the crowning glory.
- A cartoon is any of several forms of illustrations with varied meanings.
- A cartoon is any of several forms of art, with varied meanings that evolved from one to another.
- Cartoon: a comical and unserious manner Painting or line drawing.
- Chalk is similar to pastel, but more tightly bound.
- Chalk was used to make the initial design.
- The characters are often the vehicles for the author's moral, social, or literary views.
- The characters were removed, and rival Universal Studios replaced them with Universal cartoon characters.
- Christian Art is a broad classification of art that spans across many different Christian religions.
- Christian Art is a great Christmas holiday gift idea.
- Christian art is a major category of art produced in Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Christian art was often typological in nature (see Medieval allegory), showing the stories of the New Testament and the Old Testament side by side.
- The church was established by the Despot of Epirus in 1294-96.
- The church was re-opened on 13 May 994.
- The church was richly decorated with mosaics throughout the centuries.
- A Collage novel is a form of artist's book approaching closely (but preceding) the Graphic novel .
- Collage novel is a form of artist's book approaching closely (but preceding) the Graphic novel.
- Collage novel is a form of artist's book approaching very closely to (but preceding) the Graphic novel.
- Commercial Art is a broad field.
- Commercial Art is a one-year program, which covers the principles and practices of illustration and graphic design as they are used in advertising.
- Commercial Art is a three-year course.
- Commercial Art is a two year program offering training and instruction for students interested in graphic design, web design and animation media.
- Commercial Art is a vital part of the "information explosion" we are all experiencing and as such, it is a growth industry.
- The composition was arranged in such a way that we almost feel the crowd moving forward, about to crush the spectator.
- COMPOSITION - the design and organization of individual components to produce a piece of Art.
- Composition: The arrangement of elements of form and color within an artwork.
- Conceptual Art - The idea is the most important aspect of the work.
- Conceptual art is a form of art and an international movement established by artists and art institutions (critics, curators, etc) in the 1960's and 70's.
- Conceptual art is a form of art that has a symbolic meaning, and is mainly understood through the written explanations presented with the artwork.
- Conceptual art is a form of art that involves materials just like any other artistic endeavor.
- Conceptual art is a high concept movie without the movie.
- Danse Macabre is a dismal excuse for a novel.
- Danse Macabre is a must-read for fans of Laurell K. Hamilton.
- Danse Macabre is a nonfiction book by Stephen King on horror fiction and United States pop culture , published in 1981 .
- Danse Macabre is a nonfiction book by Stephen King on horror fiction and United States pop culture.
- Danse Macabre is a screamo band from Trier, Germany.
- A Death Mask is a wax or plaster cast of a mold taken from a dead face.
- A Death mask is a mask either cast from or applied to the face of a recently deceased person.
- A death mask is a plaster or wax cast made of a person's face following death .
- A death mask is a wax or plaster cast made of a person's face following death.
- A death mask is a wax or plaster cast of a mold taken from the face of a deceased person.
- Death Masks is a 2003 novel by science fiction and fantasy author Jim Butcher .
- Death masks are true portraits, although changes are occasionally made in the eyes of the mask to make it appear as though the subject were alive.
- Death masks were increasingly used by scientists from the late eightheenth century onwards to record variations in human physiognomy.
- Death masks were very popular in the Western World during the 18th and 19th century.
- Decorative art is a formative type of art designed to adorn human housing and surroundings.
- DIGITAL ART is a computer Illustration studio that produces high resolution pictures for print.
- Digital Art is a broader definition.
- Digital art is a fantastic media.
- Digital art is a full brain workout; both my linear left-brain and my intuitive right-brain get to work and play to their heart's content.
- Digital art is a means to reinforce and express a message.
- Disney Comics was a comic book company that sold comic books from 1990 to 1993 .
- Disney comics are comic book s and comic strip s featuring Walt Disney characters.
- Disney comics are comic books and comic strips featuring Walt Disney characters.
- Donald Duck is an animated cartoon and comic book character best known for his cartoons from Walt Disney Studios.
- Donald Duck is an animated cartoon and comic-book character from Walt Disney Productions.
- Donald Duck is the most popular Disney character in the Netherlands, but Sanoma also produces comics starring lesser-known characters such as Li'l Bad Wolf.
- The drawings are excellent and the text is very informative as well as entertaining.
- The drawings are different frames of animation, and when they are flipped at the right speed, they give the illusion of movement.
- The drawings are with pen and ink and watercolour.
- Dream art is any form of art directly based on material from dreams, or using dream-like qualities.
- Dream art is any form of art directly based on material from dreams, or which employs dream-like imagery.
* Computer Art
* Erotic Art
* Eye Candy
* Fantastic Art
* Fantasy Art
* Fetish Art
* Figurative Art
* Figure Drawing
* Figure Painting
* Fine Art Photography
* Folk Art
* Found Art
* Funny Animal
* Graphite Pencil
* Heroic Realism
* Hierarchy of Genres
* History Painting
* Installation Art
* Islamic Art
* Kinetic Art
* Land Art
* Mail Art
* Media Art
* Memento Mori
* Military Art
* Outsider Art
* Persian Motifs
* Pin-Up Art
* Portrait Art
* Poster Art
* Pre-Romanesque Art
* Protest Art
* Public Art
* Sacred Art
* Sand Animation
* Scenic Painting
* Still Life
* Video Art
* Wearable Art
* Wild Style
Books about "Glossary of Art Genres" in