Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Christian Writers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Christianity is a world view.
- Christianity is based on the core value of ---truth---, with the metaphor of ---light---. Light exposes evil rather than hides it.
- Christianity is the dynamic element in the history of our Western culture.
- Christianity is the faith default of most Americans — more than 80 percent, according to a recent study by Baylor University.
- Christianity is the faith default of most Americans; more than 80 percent affiliate with the religion, according to a recent study by Baylor University.
- Christian apologetics are designed to present non-Christians with reasons to adopt the Christian faith or to strengthen the belief of current Christians.
- Christian apologetics is the field of study concerned with the systematic defense of Christianity.
- Alexander Men was a Russian Orthodox theologian, biblical scholar and writer.
- Alexander Men was a famous Russian theologian and biblical writer.
- Alexander Men was a wonderful person.
- Alexander Men was also famous as lecturer.
- Alexander Men was her spiritual adviser and they were friends for 12 years.
- Bruce Wilkinson is a Christian teacher and author.
- Bruce Wilkinson is a beautiful soul who was sent to earth to change the world by changing hearts, one person at a time.
- Bruce Wilkinson is a great teacher and uses visuals to help you grasp what he is saying.
- Bruce Wilkinson is a great writer, greatly inspired, and greatly filled.
- Bruce Wilkinson is a the bestselling author of The Prayer of Jabez, Secrets of the Vine, A Life God Rewards, and numerous other books.
- Charles Colson is a leading Christian commentator and apologist.
- Charles Colson is a bright and clever fellow.
- Charles Colson is a leader and known authority on these issues.
- Charles Colson is a modern-day Jonah sounding the alarm after getting a second chance.
- Francis Beckwith is a Christian who has spoken and written against the Baha'i Faith from the point of view of fundamentalist Christian doctrine.
- Francis Beckwith is a Christian who has spoken and written against the Bah--'-- Faith from the point of view of fundamentalist Christian doctrine.
- Francis Beckwith is a leading American conservative Christian academic and commentator.
- Francis Beckwith is a national treasure, thank you, sir.
- Francis Beckwith is a professor of philosophy and church-state studies at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
- Francis Schaeffer is a man who, like Christ, confronted the culture that he was in by verbalizing and living profound truths of a godly nature.
- Francis Schaeffer is a challenge to us.
- Francis Schaeffer is a great author.
- Francis Schaeffer is a name that commands automatic respect in most evangelical circles.
- Francis Schaeffer is a voice of substance in a part of the world I am trying to reach.
- George Fox is the first real prophet of the English Reformation, for he saw what was involved in this great religious movement.
- George Fox is a private Christian university with 3,200 students, including 1,700 undergraduates at its main Newberg campus.
- George Fox was able to meet some of the New England Friends when they came to London, stimulating his interest in the colonies.
- George Fox was again accused of conspiracy, this time against Charles II, and fanaticism --- a charge he resented.
- George Fox was born at Drayton-in-the-Clay, Leicestershire, England (now known as Fenny Drayton), 24 km (15 miles) southwest of Leicester.
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- Grace is the church's great distinctive.
- Grace is the church-s great distinction.
- Grace is the foundation of our guarantee while faith is the only condition of our hearts that rests on it.
- Grace is the wonderful power of God that those under the Law did not have.
- Hilaire Belloc is a first class historian that understood the implications of the Battle of Lepanto that saved Europe from Muslim conquest.
- Hilaire Belloc is a Londoner in looks, a Londoner in walk and talk, and a Londoner in stubbornness.
- Hilaire Belloc is a former member of parliament in the British House of Commons.
- Hilaire Belloc is a good antidote for this, and most catholics today are not hardly traditionalists by a long shot.
- Jim Wallis is a bestselling author, public theologian, preacher, speaker, activist, and international commentator on ethics and public life.
- Jim Wallis is a Christian leader for social change.
- Jim Wallis is a bestselling author, public theologian, speaker, preacher, and international commentator on religion and public life, faith and politics.
- Jim Wallis is a fraud and a political hack for the left.
- Jim Wallis is a highly skilled practitioner of positional .
- John Bunyan is a real-life hero of the Christian faith and will inspire you to carry your own personal torch of faith for Christ.
- John Bunyan is a literary, religious and historical figure of international significance.
- John Bunyan is a genious and the arguments in the book are very convincing and hard to deny.
- John Bunyan is a hard-working family man.
- John Bunyan is a sort of miracle.
- John Stott is a spokesman for the agnostic position.
- John Stott is a liberal, ecumenical apostate who writes for the apostate liberal Inter-Varsity Press.
- John Stott is a good example of a very fruitful man of God who never married who is not a Catholic priest.
- John Stott is a profound thinker with a clear mind.
- John Stott is a veritable legend among the faithful in my church.
- Josh McDowell is a Christian apologist , evangelist , and writer .
- JOSH MCDOWELL is an internationally known speaker, author, and traveling representative of Campus Crusade for Christ.
- Josh McDowell is a Christian evidence writer and lecturer.
- Josh McDowell is a man on a mission, and he is bringing his message of renewal and hope for young people to Covington twice in the next two months.
- Josh Mcdowell is a super writer and presents his material exceptionaly well.
- Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most influential religious writer of his day.
- Lewis was good friends with Charles Williams and J.R.R. Tolkien (author of the occultic Lord of the Rings Trilogy).
- Lewis was part of a literary group called The Inklings --- also part of the same movement --- that met in his college rooms.
- Lewis was steeped in philosophy in his education, with a special emphasis on German philosophy of the 1700s and 1800s.
- Lewis: The great saints and mystics of the Church have felt just the opposite about it.
- LUIS PALAU is a world-renowned evangelist and is an author of many books.
- Luis Palau is a Christian evangelist and founder of the Luis Palau Association.
- Luis Palau is a Christian evangelist in the mold of Billy Graham.
- Luis Palau is a humble man with a great sense of humor.
- Luis Palau is a prolific communicator.
- Peter Kreeft is a professor of philosophy at Boston College, and a Catholic Apologist.
- Peter Kreeft is a gifted writer.
- Peter Kreeft is a professor of philosophy at Boston College.
- Peter Kreeft is a quite enthusiastic Catholic apologist.
- Peter Kreeft is a respected philosophy professor at Boston College.
- The Protestant Reformation was a high water mark in the history of the Church in that the doctrine of Justification by Faith alone was recovered.
- The Protestant Reformation was a movement in Europe that began with Martin Luther 's activities in 1517, with roots further back in time.
- The Protestant Reformation was a movement in the 16th century to reform the Catholic Church in Western Europe.
- The Protestant Reformation was the result of the failure of the Catholic Church to reform itself in time.
- Rick Warren is the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., one of America's largest and best-known churches.
- Rick Warren is a graduate of Schuller---s Institute and was a teacher there as well.
- Rick Warren is a large man, with a generous stomach.
- Rick Warren is one of five judges to determine the winner in the Power of Purpose Essays.
- Rick Warren is the one claiming to be Murdoch---s Pastor 3.
- Watchman Nee is a wonderful channel of God and his ministry always nourishes the reader.
- Watchman Nee is a household name among many Christians; Wang Mingdao is also widely known.
- Watchman Nee was a very balanced teacher, except when it came to entertainment.
- Watchman Nee was also frequently afflicted with serious illness.
- Watchman Nee was arrested by the Communists in March, 1952 for his professed faith in Christ as well as his leadership among the local churches.
- William Lane Craig is a renowned Christian scholar, philosopher , and apologist .
- William Lane Craig is a prime candidate to speak on the evidence for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- William Lane Craig is a leading apologist and defender of the core of Christian belief: The Resurrection and the Accounts of the Miraculous in Scripture.
- William Lane Craig is a regular lecturer.
- William Lane Craig is a research professor at the Talbot School of Theology.
- La materia della Divina commedia di Dante Alighieri dichiarata in VI tavole.
- Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Alighieri.
- La divina commedia di Dante Alighieri con comento analitico di Gabriele Rossetti: in sei volumi.
- Allen was eventually kicked out of the Assemblies of God denomination when he jumped bail after being arrested for drunk driving.
- Allen was very careful to publish a disclaimer concerning the wild claims of healing that appeared in that periodical, sent in by enthusiastic "healees".
- Again, the Homilies of Aphrahat contain many quotations from these Epistles.
- Aphrahat composed the fifth Demonstration at the time of increasing tension between the Roman and the Sasanian Empires.
- Called the Persian Sage ( , ), Aphrahat witnesses to the concerns of the early church beyond the eastern boundaries of the Roman Empire.
- Apologetics is the field of study concerned with the systematic defense of a position.
- Apologetics is the science of giving a reasoned defense of the Christian faith, and that is what this verse commands us to do.
- Arnold Brown is a beer worth trying.
- Arnold Brown is a Scottish comedian , one of the main figures in the alternative comedy scene of the early 1980s .
- Arnold Brown is a descendant of the Marriammu tribe and a descendant of the Stolen Generation.
- Arnold Brown is a droll Scottish comedian , one of the main figures in the alternative comedy scene of the early 1980s .
- The article is used this way in Greek very frequently.
- The article was for light relief mostly, but with one serious point which I wondered if anyone would pick up on.
- The Tobacco Advisory Council of the UK organised for a pro-smoking book to be ghosted for either Bernard Levin or Auberon Waugh.
- Press obituaries were lengthy, and the headline "Auberon Waugh dies" was printed on the placards for the day's London Evening Standard.
- Like his parents, Laura who died at 57 and Evelyn who died at 62, Auberon Waugh succumbed relatively young: of heart disease at the age of 61.
- Augustine of Hippo is a giant in the history of Christian thought, commended by St Jerome for having virtually 're-founded the old faith'.
- The author is a respected scholar whose work is painstakingly researched and carefully crafted for historical accuracy.
- The author is one of Raleigh's descendants.
- The author is to be admired for the detail into which he has gone to make his case.
- Barber was immediately ushered off company grounds - -which was humiliating,- the former employee said.
- The barber was an ex-political prisoner, like myself.
- Bedford is the county town of Bedfordshire, England.
- Bedford was a market town for the surrounding agricultural region from the early Middle Ages.
- Bernard was born into a family of some nobility in the Burgundy region of France.
- Billy Graham is a wonderful man of great character and integrity, and I am glad they have put together this library to honor his work for Christ.
- Billy Graham was the first and most notable evangelical to support Catholicism's ecumenical efforts.
- Man, so many of you seem happy that Bill Hybels and Willow Creek have stumbled.
- A good history of "New Thought" connects it to the teachings of Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, and Joel Osteen.
- Today was much more typical of Leadership Summit's with a combination of church leaders, business leaders, interviews by Bill Hybels, and motivational talks.
- Bramwell was largely responsible for the development of the Army.
- Bramwell was not convinced; he was adamant that he would appoint its successor, as his father had done before him.
- William Bramwell Booth (1856-1929) was chief of staff from 1880 and succeeded his father as general in 1912.
- In 1927 Eva visited her brother, General Bramwell Booth, with a memorandum which sought to change the way in which the salvation Army appointed its General.
- Catherine Booth is a disgrace to Christianity, for the very heart of Christianity is obedience to a masculine God.
- Catherine Booth is a disgrace to womanhood.
- Catherine Booth was NO HERO, and certainly not a woman of God.
- Catherine Booth was a rebel.
- Catherine Booth was another social reformer, an avowed feminist, and a false prophet (which all women preachers are).
- Catherine Doherty is a management consultant and trainer with Q Learning.
- Catherine Doherty is a master storyteller; the reader glimpses the richness of Eastern thought and expression.
- Charles Templeton is a well known Canadian journalist, as well as a former preacher and theologian.
- Charles Williams is a founding shareholder and principal of Blalack & Williams.
- Charles Williams is a savings and loan expert witness.
- Charles Williams is a unique, multi-talented, and very positive individual.
- Chesterton is a bulky subject, no matter how you take him.
- Chesterton was a large man, standing 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m) and weighing around 21 stone (134 kg or 294 lb).
- Chesterton was a saint, so writing about him was easy.
- The very earliest Church Fathers, of the first two generations after the Apostles of Christ, are usually called the Apostolic Fathers.
- St. Bernard is also at times called the last of the Church Fathers.
- These authors are known as the Church Fathers, and study of them is called Patristics.
- The Commedia is a story about Dante's journey through the three regions of hell, purgatory, and paradise.
- The Commedia is organized as a great strophic poem.
- The Commedia was known to every one of the giants of the Renaissance.
- The conference is called " dwell " and it will focus on urban ministry.
- The conference is called DISTURBING VOICES and is one of the first of its kind.
- Cornelius Van Til is a legend in the Dutch Calvinist circles.
* Christian Writers
* Corrie Ten Boom
* Craig Blomberg
* Dispensationalist Beliefs
* Emmet Fox
* Ephrem The Syrian
* Evangeline Booth
* Evelyn Waugh
* Frank Peretti
* Fulton Sheen
* Gary Habermas
* George Macdonald
* Gordon Clark
* Gordon Fee
* Graham Greene
* Greg Koukl
* Hank Hanegraaff
* Hans Nielsen Hauge
* Ideal Husband
* Jay Adams
* Jerry Jenkins
* John Milton
* John Wimber
* Joseph Farah
* Joshua Harris
* Lee Strobel
* Matt Slick
* Nathan Braun
* Norman Geisler
* Oscar Wilde
* Owen Barfield
* Paulo Coelho
* Randy Alcorn
* Richard Foster
* Salvation Army
* Stephen Lawhead
* Vaughan Roberts
* Wayne Grudem
* Wilde Oscar
* William Booth
* William Dembski
* Witness Lee
Books about "Glossary of Christian Writers" in