Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Dance"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Chacarera is a folk dance and music originated in the northwest of Argentina in the 19th century .
- Chacarera is a lively folk dance from Argentina that is often danced as a special treat in Milongas in Buenos Aires.
- Chacarera is a traditional dance from argentina, like Tango.
- The Chacarera is a lively dance that is often danced at Milongas and is great fun for spectators and participants.
- The chacarera is similar in rhythm, but more accented and syncopated, and is typically found in Argentina.
- Latin dances are known for the hip action and a sexy flair.
- Letkajenkka is a Finnish folkdance that is often danced at parties (at home, not so often in clubs).
- Contemporary dance is a blend of ballet and modern dance.
- Contemporary Dance is a collection of systems and methods developed from Modern and Post-modern dance, thus it is not a specific dance technique.
- Contemporary dance is a constantly evolving idiom.
- Contemporary dance is a term that in Canada is often used interchangeably with modern dance.
- Contemporary dance is the name given to a group of 20th century concert dance forms.
- Folk dance is a primitive, tribal, or ethnic form of the dance, sometimes the survival of some ancient ceremony or festival.
- Folk Dance is a display of National Folk Dancing from all regions of the world.
- Folk Dance was very much the brainchild of civilized and gregarious human society.
- Folk dance is a primitive, tribal, or ethnic form of the dance, sometimes important for the survival of some ancient ceremony or festival.
- Folk dance is a social pastime, so relax and have fun.
- Dance is something they can do their entire lives, and as a foundation makes all other exercises, sports or martial arts, easier.
- Dance is classified under four categories and into four regional varieties.
- DANCE is a windows program to learn ballrom dance patterns.
- A ballroom dance is a couple dance, not a group dance.
- A ballroom dance is a couple dance, not a solo dance.
- Ballroom dance is a dance done in partners, one woman and one man .
- Ballroom dance is a low impact activity .
- Ballroom dance is a rigorous activity that uses the larger muscle groups, and is usually done over the course of an hour, or an entire evening.
- Ballet is a brutal career.
- Ballet is a classical dance form that originated in the 1600s.
- Ballet - A theatrical dance form with a story, sets, and music.
- Ballet is a difficult and exacting art, and for most of us progress is slow.
- Ballet is a class that serves as a transition from creative movement to formal ballet training.
- Modern Dance is a contemporary approach to movement involving a broad range of motion.
- Modern Dance is one of the main theatrical dance genres studied and performed around the world today.
- Modern dance is a Western cultural dance, as is its brat-child avant-garde dance.
- Modern dance is a confusing term - loosely used and requiring explanation.
- Modern dance is a contemporary dance form that has its roots in ballet.
- Performance Dance is a category of dances in which an audience is watching but does not participate.
- Performance dance is a big commitment of time and energy.
- Performance dance is a major category or classification of dance forms or dance styles, where performance is the primary focus of the dancing.
- Performance dance is a major category or classification of danceforms or dance styles, where performance is the primary focus of the dancing.
- Polka is a fast, lively Central European dance , and also a genre of dance music .
- Polka is a dance in duple time that became popular across Europe in the 19th century and spread across the world, influencing music from Mexico to Japan.
- Polka - A Bohemian folk dance in duple time with a hop on the fourth beat.
- It is interesting to note that the word "Polka" means "Polish woman" in Polish.
- Polka - The Polka is a high energy country western dance moving counter clockwise around the floor.
- Ritual dances are considered sacred, done only by certain families or villages.
- Ritual dances are performed for a higher being with the hopes of success in community endeavors such as harvest and war.
- Ritual dances are spiritually-connected, therefore acknowledging the spirit world and its presence in everyday life.
- Ritual dances are those set aside for particular events and require specific circumstances and, initially, were performed by male dancers.
- The ritual dances are performed at a particular rite or ceremony or sacrifice and these dances naturally have a spiritual and religious basis.
- Solo dance is a part of ceremonies involving ghosts and other special occasions.
- The Solo Dance is a mixed event.
- The solo dance is a personal narrative performed with a traditional grass mat, moseme, a symbol for Mashigo of parts of traditional Sotho life.
- A step dance is a dance where the main focus is the feet.
- Step Dance is a combination of beat and rhythms through hand and feet movements.
- Step dance is a combination of marching, chanting and clapping rooted in African-American fraternities and sororities.
- Step dance is one end of a spectrum of dance styles.
- Step dance is the generic term for dance styles where the footwork is the most important part of the dance.
- Tap Dance is a style of American theatrical dance, distinguished by percussive footwork, which marks out precise rhythmic patterns on the floor.
- Tap dance is a complex, exciting and challenging art form.
- Tap dance is a form of dance in which the rhythm is sounded out by clicking sounds of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoe.
- Tap dance is a lot of fun and helps improve a child's sense of rhythm.
- Tap dance is a percussive and rhythmical dance form for all ages.
- Chhau dance is a dance full of vitality and robustness, unlike any of the Indian dances.
- Chhau dance is a mask- dance.
- Chhau dance is a popular classical dance of Orissa.
- Chhau dance is an expression of a mood, state or condition.
- The Chhau dance is a mask dance in which only male dancers can participate.
- Dance composition is a one semester course in which students will use choreographic techniques individually and in small groups to create dances.
- Dance Composition is a guided laboratory for the study of the advanced choreographic and musical forms, as well as the creation of site-specific work.
- Dance Composition is a prerequisite for presenting choreography in the mainstage concerts.
- Pendet is a traditional Balinese dance, in which offerings are made to purify the temple or theater as a prelude to ceremonies or other dances.
- Pendet is a welcome dance, traditional performed in Balinese Hindu temples at festival time to welcome the gods down to Earth.
- Pendet is the presentation of an offering in the form of a ritual dance.
- Pendet is the presentation of an offering in theform of a ritual dance.
- Pendet is the representation of an offering in the form of ritual dance.
- Pols is a special Norwegian type of polska, usually danced with faster music and a deeper svikt (bending of the knees, ankles and hips) during its execution.
- Pols is a specially form of dance and it is local for this area.
- The pols is a Norwegian folk dance , a fast version of the Nordic polska .
- Sardana is a traditional communal dance that reflects the fierce national consciousness and independence in the region of Catalonian.
- The SARDANA is the national dance of Catalonia, everyone knows it.
- The Sardana is a popular Catalan cultural dance and symbol of unity for the Catalan people.
- The Sardana is a very old dance, which is truly Catalan.
- The sardana is a Catalonian circle dance that has been popular since the 16th century.
- The Tondero is a mixture of Hispanic and African traditions strongly influenced by Andean elements.
- Tondero is a dance and guitar rhythm from the Peruvian north coast ( Piura - Lambayeque ).
- Tondero is a dance and guitar rhythm from the Peru vian north coast ( Piura - Lambayeque ).
- The Tondero is a customary dance of couples that was likely originated in the Northern Coastal district of Peru of Sa--a Lambayeque.
- The Tondero is a customary dance of couples that was likely originated in the Northern Coastal district of Peru of Saña Lambayeque.
- Dance technology is a dance form in which existing and emerging technologies are used to extend traditional dance practice and develop new dance practices.
- The dance technology is a class where you learn the basics for filming and editing and make a video (including dance, kinda).
- Dance technology is a new field that the program is exploring as a concentration in dance.
- Dance technology is a serious subject and should not be joked about.
- Dance technology is an art form in which existing and emerging technologies are used to extend traditional dance practice and develop new dance practices.
- The Can-Can is a dance that originated around 1830 in Paris.
- Can-Can is a bittersweet story about marriage and infidelity, trust and betrayal.
- Can-Can was filmed on location in Cape Cod.
- The Can-Can was originally a group ( Line type) dance done by both sexes with the Tiller Girls and Rockettes as an off shoot of the Can-Can.
- Circle Dance is a continuous link with the folk traditions, feelings and beliefs of the past.
- Circle Dance is the living, moving embodiment of the old African saying: "If you can talk, you can sing.
- The Circle Dance is a group dance performed to the song "American Pie" (Don McLean's version, not Madonna's!) at virtually every GTU social event.
- Circle dances are easy, gentle and fun.
- Today, in addition to traditional and not-so-traditional circle dances, it also incorporates couples dances and line dances (think The Hustle).
- Though some Iberian and Mediterranean circle dances follow similar patterns, instrumental music for sardana has achieved a complexity of its own.
- Competitive dance is a major category or classification of dance forms or styles, where competition is the primary focus of the dancing.
- Competitive dance is a major category or classification of danceforms or dance styles, where competition is the primary focus of the dancing.
- Country dancing is a social activity with a very long history.
- Country Dancing is the All-American apple pie answer to social dancing.
- Country dancing is a great way to laugh your way into the fall and forget the stresses of the work week.
- Dance in mythology and religion is one of the topics in focus at Global Oneness.
- Dance etiquette are the conventional rules which govern the social behavior of dance by its participants .
- Dance etiquette is a popular subject.
- Dance etiquette is a set of guidelines that can help us navigate the social dance scene.
- Dance etiquette is a set of guidelines that help us navigate the social dance scene.
- Dance etiquette is a set of guidelines that help us navigate the social dimensions of dancing.
- A dance film is a film that features dance executed by human beings with the requisite skills to hold the viewers attention.
- Dance film is a hugely exciting art- form, but woefully underexposed.
- A dance song is a song concerning itself almost entirely with a particular dance.
- Dance song - A dance song is a song concerning itself almost entirely with a particular dance.
- The dance song is a loud call given by pairs of males as they perform their acrobatic display.
- The term "dancing mania" is derived from the Greek word choros, a dance, and mania, madness.
- Tarantism was a regional variant of dancing mania that developed into a local tradition, primarily in southern Italy.
- The term Chorea Saint Viti was originally used for dancing mania, a form of hysteria common in Europe in the 15th and 16th century.
- Erotic dance is a form of artistic expression.
- Erotic dance is a form of tips missions from lap dances often involve intense frottage where the sky begins to lighten, some time before the local noon.
- Erotic dance is an empowering activity for any woman no matter her shape or size.
- Erotic dance was a sacred ritual in ancient Egypt, common in fertility rituals and sex magick.
- Fancy dance is a popular contemporary dance style known for its creativity, flamboyance, and colorful costumes.
- Fancy dance was considered appropriate to be performed for visitors to reservations and at " Wild West " shows.
- The Fancy Dance is a considerably modern dance.
- The Fancy Dance is a dance for athletic young men, with older men usually performing slower dances.
- The Fancy Dance is a relatively new dance.
- Folk dancing is a form of dance which originates as a cultural expression from people around the world at the level of the village.
- Folk Dancing is a great way to learn about other cultures.
- Folk dancing is a form of dance which originates as a cultural expression from people around the world at the village level.
- Folk dancing is a form of social dancing that has become part of the customs and traditions of a people.
- Folk dancing is a form of social dancing.
- Group dances are mainly categorized by line dances and square dances.
- Group dances are also sometimes called set dances.
- Group dances were developed by the masters to hold the interest of their less gifted pupils and to give them the chance to enjoy dancing.
- Free Dance is a creative dance, which allows the skater free-reign of the floor and incorporates dramatic lifts with a partner.
- Free dance is a 20th century dance form that preceded Modern dance .
- The free dance is a part of an ice dancing competition .
- This historical dance video exposes the social and technical intricacy of Renaissance dance.
- This historical dance video gives clear "how-to" instructions to help viewers learn these five mid-19th Century ballroom couple dances.
- Historical dance looks at both the cultural and social content of a particular age through recreating the dances performed during a particular era.
- The history of dance is a bit unknown.
- HISTORY OF DANCE is a combination of lectures, demonstrations and performances presented to Martin County students.
- The History Of Dance is a 14 volume collection of amazing box sets that focus on all the different genres of modern Dance music.
- A hopak is the traditional peasant dance of Ukraine; this "Hopak" is from Moussorgsky's opera, "Sorochinsky Fair".
- HOPAK is one of the key numbers from the program of the Folk dance and music ensemble Barynya from New York.
- Hopak is a popular form of Ukrainian folk dance.
- Hopak is a traditional Russian peasant dance.
- Hopak is a traditional Ukrainian dance whose roots go deep down into the Ukrainian history.
- International Dance Day is a UNESCO initiative and is celebrated around the world.
- International Dance Day is a UNESCO-sponsored event held every April 29 to celebrate dance in all its forms around the world.
- International Dance Day is a celebration of the diversity of Dance in Wellington.
- International Dance Day is an open-stage, non-adjudicated celebration of all forms of dance.
- International Dance Day was established in 1982 to draw attention to the art of dance.
- Interpretive dance is a family of dance styles that seeks to interpret the meaning inherent in music rather than by performing specific preformatted moves.
- Interpretive dance is a widely accepted sign of mental illness, if not the Apocalypse.
- Interpretive dance is a wonderful way to express your heart and soul in praise before God.
- Jazz dance is a blend of African and European traditions in an American culture.
- Jazz dance is a constantly changing dance style that has its base in ballet.
- Jazz dance is a forever-changing creative dance style representing the past & the future of "Pop" culture.
- Jazz dance is a form of dance commonly used in Broadway shows and movies.
- Jazz dance is a fun way to learn how to move with coordination and a high energy level.
- The Korean Fan Dance is a festive and colorful dance often performed to commemorate special occasions.
- The Korean fan dance is a traditional form of Korean dance, usually performed by groups of female dancers.
- Korean fan dance is a very popular dance.
- A Round Dance is a couples' dance where all of the dancers are doing a set routine to a musical arrangement.
- A Round Dance is a social dance that all dancers and spectators may participate in.
- A round dance is a couples dance, designed for the guys and girls to have an opportunity to meet and fall in love.
- A round dance is a set of cues coreographed to music.
- Round Dance is a kind of Ballroom dancing.
- Shingle dancing is a form of solo dancing akin to tap dancing, of African American origin, usually associated with old-time music.
* Aerial Dance
* African Dance
* Ahds Performing Arts
* Alina Cojocaru
* Alyson Stoner
* Amanda Schull
* An American Ballroom Companion
* Ashley Roberts
* Balanchine Method
* Ballet Master
* Ballu Tundu
* Battle of The Year
* Bayanihan Dance Troupe
* Beijing Dance Academy
* Borrowdale Dance
* Bumba Meu Boi
* Casino Dance
* Cham Dance
* Christian Dance Company
* Columbus Short
* Concert Dance
* Dances of Universal Peace
* Dance Anthem
* Dance Bar
* Dance Behavior
* Dance By Ethnicity Or Region
* Dance Card
* Dance Costume
* Dance of Cambodia
* Dance Related Lists
* Deane Dance Center
* Dean Collins
* Dirk Dance
* Duck Walk
* Ethan Stiefel
* Expressionist Dance
* Formation Dance
* Guarachero Mayor
* International Folk Dance
* Jean Butler
* Jean Erdman Campbell
* Joaquin De Luz
* Judson Dance Theater
* Khmer Classical Dance
* Lar Lubovitch Dance Company
* Len Goodman
* Le Groupe Dance Lab
* Lincoln Theatre
* Linda Crist
* List of Basic Dance Topics
* Li Cunxin
* Maxi Ford
* Napa Regional Dance Company
* Narrative Ballet
* Nederlands Dans Theatre
* Ninja Pitting
* Open Position
* Oregon Ballet Theater
* Participation Dance
* Partner Dance
* Pas De Quatre
* Placer Theatre Ballet
* Progressive Double Two
* Pung Cholom
* Rapper Sword Dancing
* Rukmini Devi Arundale
* Sa Sa
* Second Line
* Sensation Black
* Sensation White
* Sequence Dance
* Social Dance
* Sock Hop
* Stage Combat
* Suite De Danses
* Television Shows
* The Conservatory of Dance
* The Pussycat Dolls
* The Rhythm Hot Shots
* Treble Jig
* Usa International Ballet Competition
* Vera Zorina
* War Dances
* Yang Liping
Books about "Glossary of Dance" in