Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of French Painters"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Bernard Buffet was an acclaimed artist by the age of twenty on account of his distinctive style and apparent talent.
- Bernard Buffet was born in Paris where, except for summer holidays, he spent his childhood and went to school.
- Bernard Buffet was married to the writer Annabel Buffet (n--e Schwob).
- Bernard Buffet was married to the writer and singer Annabel Buffet (née Schwob).
- Bernard Buffet was married to the writer and singer Annabel Buffet (n--e Schwob).
- Paul Cezanne was a middle-sized man with a balding hairline and a good-sized beard.
- Paul Cezanne was an artist who influenced the early part of the modern art era.
- Paul Cezanne was born on January 19, 1839, as the son of a wealthy banker in the southern French town of Aix-en-Provence.
- Paul Cezanne was born on January 19, 1839, in the Aix-en-Province, located in the South of France.
- Paul Cezanne: A Painter's Journey follows his achievements and life, offering kids in grades 4-6 a little over thirty pages of detail on his life and times.
- A painter is a person who paints woodwork, walls, etc.
- A painter was appointed inspector.
- The painter is only a beginner here, as shown by the otherwise unusual monogram.
- The painter was a Viennese and was decorated with the Order of Franz Josef and the Russian Order of.
- The painter was also influenced by life in Paris.
- Edgar Degas is a French artist, active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Edgar Degas was a collector of ukiyo-e, Japanese woodblock prints.
- Edgar Degas was a most prolific user of pastel and its champion.
- Edgar Degas was a realist who despised the term "Impressionist" but is considered one due to his loyalty to the group.
- Edgar Degas was acknowledged as the master of drawing the human figure in motion.
- Claude Monet is a French artist, one of the creators of Impressionism, active in the second half of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century.
- Claude Monet's image "Impression, Sunrise" played an important role in forming the term "impressionism".
- Claude Monet is a principal founder of Impressionism.
- Claude Monet was a French impressionist painter.
- Claude Monet was a founder and central figure of the 19th century art movement known as Impressionism.
- Alfred Sisley is a French Impressionist painter, active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Alfred Sisley was a "French" (born of English parents in France) impressionist painter.
- Alfred Sisley was a British painter born 1839 in Paris, France and died 1899 in Moret-sur-Loing, France.
- Alfred Sisley was a French landscape painter born in Paris of English parents.
- Alfred Sisley was born in Paris of English parents, and apart from a few visits to London, where he was sent to learn English, he spent his life in France.
- Antoine Watteau was a French painter and engraver.
- Antoine Watteau was born in Valenciennes in northern France in humble circumstances.
- Antoine Watteau was probably the single artist whom they admired the most.
- Antoine Watteau was the son of a roof tiler.
- Aristide Maillol was an artist with a large and varied range of interests.
- Aristide Maillol was born on April 8, 1861, at Banyuls in the Pyrenees, where his family lived by fishing and growing vines.
- Armand Guillaumin is a French landscape painter, one of the minor figures of the Impressionist group.
- Armand Guillaumin is born in Paris, France into a working class family that recently emigrated from Moulins in Bourbonnais.
- Boudin is a learned colourist of grey tones.
- Boudin was able to create paintings that came alive with his use of color - oceans seemed to roll, and the sand would flicker in the sun.
- Boudin was also one of the first painters to work in open air.
- Boudin was born on the coast of Normandy and remained faithful to his native province throughout his long life.
- Boudin was marine painter, and expert in the rendering of all that goes upon the sea and along its shores.
- Camille Pissarro is a French Impressionist artist, active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Camille Pissarro is a French painter and graphic artist.
- Camille Pissarro was a French impressionist painter.
- Camille Pissarro was a major figure in the history of Impressionism.
- Camille Pissarro was actively painting up until the end of his life.
- Chaim Soutine is a French Expressionist artist of the XX century.
- Chaim Soutine is a painter, who has been finding inspirations in Rembrandts and Chardins achievements.
- Chaim Soutine was a Jewish expressionist painter from the Russian Empire.
- Chaim Soutine was a painter from Lithuania.
- Chaim Soutine was born in 1893 in Smilovichi, a small Jewish settlement not far from Minsk, then the territory of the Russian Empire, now Byelorussia.
- Constant Troyon was a French animal painter.
- Constant Troyon was a French painter who was born in Sevres.
- Constant Troyon was a landscape painter, and also a wonderful animal painter.
- Constant Troyon was an animal painter of the first rank, and was closely associated with the artists who painted around Barbizon.
- Constant Troyon was the son of an employee of a porcelain factory in Sevres.
- Georges de La Tour is a French artist, active in the first half of the XVII century.
- Georges de La Tour was born on March 13, 1593 in the town of Vic-upon-Seille, in Lorraine.
- Georges de la Tour was born in 1593 in Vic-sur-Seille, France.
- Georges de la Tour was born in 1593, in Vic-sur-Seille, in Lorraine (eastern France), where he lived until 1620.
- Georges de la Tour was born on the 13th of March 1593 in the town of Vic-sur-Seille in Lorraine.
- Gustave Caillebotte was born in 1848 to a wealthy family who had made their money in textiles and real estate during the redevelopment of Paris in the 1860s.
- Gustave Caillebotte is born into a rich family in the textile industry, then in real estate.
- Gustave Caillebotte was a friend of the Impressionists from the very first hour.
- Gustave Caillebotte was from a wealthy family who lived nearby in the family mansion at 77 rue de Miromesnil at the corner of rue de Lisbone.
- Gustave Caillebotte was the earliest patrons of the impressionists.
- Gustave Courbet is a French painter, born at Ornans, the son of a prosperous farmer.
- Gustave Courbet is a major-scale character to more than match his paintings.
- Gustave Courbet was born in Ornans in 1819, the son of a wealthy bourgeois farmer of peasant origin.
- Gustave Courbet was born into a wealthy bourgeoisie family in 1819.
- Gustave Courbet was born on June 10, 1819 , to a prosperous farming family in Ornans, France.
- Henri Matisse was one of the most innovative artists of this century, equaled only by Picasso.
- Henri Matisse was born in Le Chateau, in the north of France.
- James Tissot is a French artist active in the second half of the XIX century.
- James Tissot is a French painter and graphic artist.
- James Tissot is one of a small group of Victorian artists whose work is even more popular today than in his own lifetime.
- James Tissot was born in France in 1836.
- James Tissot was just as successful there as he had been in Paris and lived in some style in St John's Wood.
- Jean Cocteau is a preeminent figure in 20th century French culture.
- JEAN COCTEAU is a subject to make a curator's mouth water.
- Jean Cocteau - A look at the director's Orphic Trilogy and brief profile.
- Jean Cocteau is a very important artist.
- Jean Cocteau was a French actor, poet, film director and play write.
- Marcel Duchamp is a French artist, active in the XX century.
- Marcel Duchamp is a true inspiration also because he is not a perfectionist.
- Marcel Duchamp was a French painter, poet, and chess players.
- Marcel Duchamp was among the young circle that was eager to fight.
- Marcel Duchamp was born in 1887, in Blaineville, and died in 1968, in Neuilly.
- Max Ernst is a German painter, sculptor and poet of the XX century, representative of Dadaism and Surrealism.
- Max Ernst was among those who shared the views and aims of the Surrealists and took an active part in founding the new movement.
- Max Ernst was born at Bruhl, near Cologne, the son of Philipp Ernst, teacher of the deaf and amateur painter, and his wife, Luise nee Kopp.
- Max Ernst was born on April 2, 1891 in the town of Bruhl , near Cologne, Germany.
- Max Ernst was born on April 2, 1891, in Brühl, a small German town located near the Rhine River between Bonn and Cologne.
- Painters are often attracted to reside in areas where they can find good subject matter without the need to travel far afield.
- Painters were piling colors on top of colors that hadn't dried.
- The painters are the best cameras of the world.
- Paul Signac is a French painter, active in the end of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century.
- Paul Signac was a French neo-Impressionist painter, one of the originators of the technique known as Pointillism or Divisionism.
- Paul Signac was also to move to Saint Clair in 1891.
- Paul Signac was born in Paris in 1863 and became an early admirer of Monet.
- Paul Signac was born in Paris in 1863 into a well to do bourgeois family.
- Paul Gauguin was a French post impressionist painter whose lush color, flat two-dimensional forms, and subject matter helped form the basis of modern art.
- Paul Gauguin lied nearly two month with Vincent van Gogh.
- Paul GAUGUIN was born in Paris in 1848 in a middle-class French family.
- Paul Gauguin is a French Post-Impressionist painter, sculptor, and printmaker, born in Paris of a journalist from Orleans and a Peruvian Creole mother.
- Paul Gauguin is a French artist, active in the second half of the XIX century one of the founders of the Post-Impressionism.
- PIERRE BONNARD is one of the artist i admire the most.
- Pierre Bonnard is a French artist of the XX century.
- Pierre Bonnard was a French painter famous for painting nudes.
- Pierre Bonnard was a French painter, book illustrator, lithographer, and etcher, and a leader of the French "Intimiste" school of painting.
- Pierre Bonnard was a very private painter who confined his subject matter to his wife, his homes, the surrounding countryside, and his self-portraits.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir was a French impressionist painter noted for his radiant, intimate paintings, particularly of the female nude.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir was a central figure of this development, particularly in its impressionist phase.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir was born at Limoges but not long afterwards his family moved to Paris where his dad worked as a tailor.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir was born in 1841 in Limoges, France, but moved to Paris with his family when he was 13.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir was one of the co-founders of Impressionism.
- Rigaud was a painter of Royalty.
- Rigaud was one of the major painters of large-scale decorative schemes for fashionable interiors of the late 18th century.
- Regnault was born in Paris, and began life at sea in a merchant vessel.
- Regnault was a prominent French painter who won the prestigious Prix de Rome in 1776.
- Regnault was born in Paris, the son of Henri Victor Regnault.
- Alberto Giacometti was "a brother, a friend." Balthus kept a photograph of him in his studio.
- Alberto Giacometti was a Surrealist and a friend of Sartre's.
- Albert Gleizes is a "second-tier" Cubist artist who produced many superb paintings.
- Albert Gleizes was born in Paris in 1881.
- Albert Marquet was a Fauve painter born in the Bordeaux region of France.
- Albert Marquet was a painter and draughtsman who was a member of the Fauves early in his career and a close friend of Matisse.
- Albert Marquet was born in 1875 and the exhibition covers the artist's work from 1900 until his death in 1947.
- Andre Derain was one of the Fauvists who used the brightest colours.
- ARMAN: To begin with, there's the Rockefeller Collection.
- Arman is a college student who visited the spot with his new friends.
- Arman is one of the main contributors of the exhibition Arts Plastiques to be held at the Musee d'Art Contemporain de Nice in the month of June.
- Arman was also an avid collector of art and antiques, from knives to jukeboxes.
- Auguste Herbin was born near the Belgian border of France to a family of artisans.
- Balthus is the pseudonym of Balthasar Klossowski de Rola, who was born in Paris, the son of Polish aristocrats who were both painters.
- Balthus is a huge influence for me and I think that those people who have labeled him a pervert ought to sit down and have a long talk with themselves.
- Balthus is a master at making the audience see him in what he believes to be a flattering light.
- Balthus is an artist who has generated ample controversy as well as adoration.
- Balthus is one of the world's most distinguished artists.
- Bosse is the most noted French engraver of the 17th century.
- Bosse was a noted figure in the French artistic community.
* Adolphe Mouron Cassandre
* Albert Dubout
* Albert Guillaume
* Alexandre Cabanel
* Alice Prin
* Alphonse Legros
* Antoine Coypel
* Antonio De La Gandara
* Ary Scheffer
* Ben Vautier
* Bernard Picart
* Charles Angrand
* Charles Cottet
* Charles De La Fosse
* Christian Boltanski
* Claude Gillot
* Claude Joseph Vernet
* Claude Lorrain
* Constantine Andreou
* Edouard Detaille
* Fernand Cormon
* Fernand Leger
* Francis Picabia
* Francoise Gilot
* French Painters
* Gen Paul
* Georges-Pierre Seurat
* Georges Braque
* Georges Rouault
* Gustave Moreau
* Hans Bellmer
* Henri-Edmond Cross
* Henri Cartier-Bresson
* Henri Fantin-Latour
* Henri Harpignies
* Henri Regnault
* Henri Rousseau
* Horace Vernet
* Hubert Robert
* Hyacinthe Rigaud
* Jacques-Louis David
* Jacques Courtois
* Jacques Majorelle
* Jacques Maroger
* Jacques Raverat
* Jacques Villon
* Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot
* Jean-Baptiste Greuze
* Jean-Baptiste Isabey
* Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne
* Jean-Baptiste Van Loo
* Jean-Jacques Lebel
* Jeanne Hebuterne
* Jean Arp
* Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
* Jean Beraud
* Jean Charlot
* Jean Clouet
* Jean Crotti
* Jean Dubuffet
* Jean Fouquet
* Jean Louis Petitot
* Jean Metzinger
* Jean Petitot
* Jean Raoux
* Jules Bastien-Lepage
* Jules Joseph Lefebvre
* Le Nain
* Louis-Michel Van Loo
* Louis Hersent
* Louis Jean Desprez
* Lubin Baugin
* Marie Laurencin
* Maurice Boitel
* Maurice Denis
* Maurice Quentin De La Tour
* Maurice Utrillo
* Maximilien Luce
* Max Jacob
* Nicolas Lancret
* Nicolas Poussin
* Odilon Redon
* Othon Friesz
* Paul Dubois
* Paul Emile Chabas
* Paul Ranson
* Pierre-Joseph Redoute
* Pierre Auguste Cot
* Pierre Brissaud
* Pierre Mignard
* Pierre Roland Renoir
* Raoul Dufy
* Robert Delaunay
* Robert Louis
* Rosa Bonheur
* Simon Vouet
* Suzanne Duchamp
* Suzanne Valadon
* Thomas Couture
* Toussaint Dubreuil
* Victorine Meurent
* Victor Vasarely
* Yves Klein
* Yves Tanguy
Books about "Glossary of French Painters" in