Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Horror Writers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Algernon Blackwood is a great horror writer.
- Algernon Blackwood is a master at writing suspensful thrillers and bone chillers.
- Algernon Blackwood is a writer in the weird tradition who unfortunately has been largely forgotten by the reading public.
- Algernon Blackwood was a British writer who is well known for writing ghost stories.
- Algernon Blackwood was a great inspiration for the horror writers who came after him.
- Bentley Little is a prolific and popular writer of horror fiction.
- Bentley Little is A fantastic writer, albeit a little crazy I think, but nonetheless extremely readable.
- Bentley Little is a giant when it comes to making every day normal living seem so frightening.
- Bentley Little is a great writer of the warped and macabre.
- Bentley Little is one of my favorite authors along with Richard Laymon and Jack Ketchum.
- Bram Stoker was actually jumping on the vampire bandwagon long after their popularity had been established.
- Bram Stoker is a great writer.
- Bram Stoker is a notoriously elusive subject.
- Bram Stoker is a very good writer.
- Bram Stoker was born near Dublin on November 8, 1847, the third of seven children.
- Caitlin Kiernan is a tremendous new voice in the field of gothic dark fiction.
- Caitlin Kiernan is a very talented author whose imagination simply outbeats everyone else's in the genre.
- Caitlin Kiernan is a wonderful writer with some health problems and no insurance.
- Caroline Cooney is a fantastic author, and as I have enjoyed all her other books, I enjoyed this one fully.
- Caroline Cooney is a great author.
- Caroline Cooney is a master at rapid paced action that takes your breath away.
- Caroline Cooney is an excellent writer and I know that she will produce more exciting novels.
- Caroline Cooney is the writer of Code Orange, and during the middle of the story examines desperation and exasperation.
- Christie Golden is a Star Trek author, the writer of many Star Trek: Voyager books as well as her own fantasy series, The Last Dance .
- Christie Golden is a brilliant world builder and her characters are people it is easy to care about.
- Christie Golden is a multi-published author, but this is her first book in the Luna line.
- Christie Golden is an award winning author who lives in Denver , Colorado , United States .
- Christie Golden is the award-winning author of twenty-seven novels and over a dozen short stories in the fields of fantasy, science fiction, and horror.
- Christopher Fowler is a clever wordsmith.
- Christopher Fowler is a novelist and scriptwriter best known for his dark urban fiction.
- Christopher Fowler is a writer best known for his horror and fantasy novels (if you ever find a copy of Roofworld, grab it immediately.
- Christopher fowler is a genious Basically this is a tale of a man who has his life revamped by a daemon.
- Christopher Pike is a character in the fictional Star Trek universe .
- Christopher Pike is a fictional character in Star Trek .
- Christopher Pike is a great writer who allows your mind to enter his mind-bending worlds.
- Christopher Pike is a master at writing and it's the kind of book you can read again and again and love as much as you did the first time.
- Christopher Pike is a passionate editorial photographer with a demonstrated strength in sports photography.
- Clive Barker is a British author of horror fiction and mystery novels.
- Clive Barker is a brilliant writer.
- Clive Barker is a god.
- Clive Barker is a horror genius.
- Clive Barker is a master of horror.
- Ann Radcliffe, Jane Austen, and Edgar Allan Poe are just a few of the authors included, and the adaptations are met with varying success.
- It is open to the public and is also the home of the Edgar Allan Poe Society.
- Edgar Allan Poe exerts a noticeable influence over King's writing as well.
- Edgar Allan Poe is a complicated man whose life story leaves much to the imagination.
- Edgar Allan Poe is a debatably crazy author and poet.
- Harlan Ellison is a great writer.
- Harlan Ellison is a professional writer who has contributed to such TV shows as Babylon 5.
- Harlan Ellison is a science fiction author and movie scriptwriter.
- Harlan Ellison is a spectacular, emotional, controversial writer of mostly short fiction - reading him is always a personal experience.
- Harlan Ellison is a writer.
- Jack Cady is a master of the fantastic; his stories electrify and haunt the reader.
- Jack Cady is a winner of the Nebula and the World Fantasy Awards.
- Jack Cady is the most underrated of American short story writers.
- Jack Cady was always a little rough around the edges.
- Jack Cady was recognized with a posthumous Special Award.
- James Herbert is a fantastic writer who uses great imagery to get his views across.
- James Herbert is a best selling author due to his many apocalyptic horror novels.
- James Herbert is a fantastic writer.
- James Herbert is a fine writer.
- James Herbert is a horror writer of dubious literary capability but one with an enormous ability when it comes to the depiction of graphic dismemberment.
- Koji Suzuki is a respected Japanese horror writer, he wrote the Ringu series -which are superior in every way to the films.
- Koji Suzuki is a literary star in Japan, where RING has sold 2.8 million copies to date.
- Koji Suzuki is a literary star in his native Japan, where Ring has sold 2.8 million copies to date.
- Koji Suzuki is a literary star in his native Japan, where he is also a respected writer on childcare, having brought up two daughters.
- Koji Suzuki is the author of the Ringu cycle of novels.
- Lovecraft is a favourite of mine as are "The Dunwich Horror" and "The colour out of space".
- Lovecraft was a child prodigy, reciting poetry at age two and writing complete poems by six.
- Lovecraft was a constant companion during that project, and much of the time that I was not working on the research, I was reading his work.
- Lovecraft was a master of the realistic setting, which makes the eruption of the irrational that much more unnerving.
- Lovecraft was a prolific letter writer, inscribing multiple pages to his group of correspondents in small longhand.
- Mary Shelley is a great writer and everyone should read this classic.
- Mary Shelley is a perfect example.
- Mary Shelley was 21 when the book was published; she started to write it when she was 18.
- Mary Shelley was a handsome lady with plenty to offer.
- Mary Shelley was a prominent writer of the Romantic Era.
- Nancy Collins is a veteran in the field of dark fantasy and horror writing.
- NANCY COLLINS is a full time watercolorist.
- Nancy Collins is a great writer.
- Nancy Collins is a stationer in New York City, and enjoys writing to friends and loved ones on fine cards and paper.
- Nancy Collins is a well established writer and I was somewhat surprised to see her venture into self publishing.
- Nick Mamatas is a new small-press writer I know mostly from his Livejournal, but he's been very well reviewed.
- Nick Mamatas is a New York writer currently living in exile in Jersey City.
- Nick Mamatas is a versatile writer.
- Nick Mamatas is a writer not just going places, but already well on the way with books like Under My Roof and the Stoker Award nominated Move Under Ground.
- Nick Mamatas is a writer who straddles interesting ground in contemporary fiction.
- Peter Straub is a master, and if GHOST STORY didn't prove it to you then JULIA will.
- PETER STRAUB is the author of seventeen novels, including Ghost Story and Koko, as well as two collaborations with Stephen King.
- Peter Straub is a jazz stylist of modern horror.
- Peter Straub is one of America’s foremost authors of supernatural and suspense fiction.
- Peter Straub is the author of fourteen novels, which have been translated into more than twenty languages.
- Ramsey Campbell is one of the greatest living horror writers.
- Ramsey Campbell is one of the world's most renowned and honored horror writers.
- Ramsey Campbell is a Liverpool-born writer considered by many critics to be one of the great masters of horror fiction.
- Ramsey Campbell is a Sentinel staff writer; he can be reached at email@example.com or call 001 (352) 742-5923.
- Ramsey Campbell is a bit of an aquired taste.
- Richard Laymon is one of America's foremost leading horror writers, and this is his very own official web site.
- Richard Laymon is the author of over 30 novels and 65 short stories.
- Richard Laymon was (he died in 2001) a great horror writer and Jack Ketchum is an author I have wanted to check out for a while.
- Richard Laymon was born in Chicago in 1947 and died on February 14, 2001.
- Richard Laymon is a Bram Stroker award winning horror novelist who proves he can switch genre gears by writing a fantastic thriller as well.
- Richard Matheson is a famous writer of science fiction, terror and fantasy, and he authored 14 of the original Twilight Zone episodes.
- Richard Matheson is a legend in the horror field.
- Richard Matheson is a HUGE influence on my fantasy writing.
- Richard Matheson is a genius.
- Richard Matheson is a master Seven Steps to Midnight is one of the best psychological thrillers of all time, an instant classic.
- Roald Dahl is a master of children's fiction.
- Roald Dahl is a British author well known for writing books and stories for children and adults.
- Roald Dahl is a great author.
- Roald Dahl is a great writer.
- Roald Dahl is a short story writer of highly unusual gifts whose specialty is what the French term contes cruel, but minus the bloodshed.
- Robert Louis Stevenson is a great poet.
- Robert Louis Stevenson is a literary legend and deserves that honor based on this book alone.
- Robert Louis Stevenson is a very elusive writer in that he both hints and broadly tells you that he believes that all man has a double side.
- Robert Louis Stevenson is a very special person to me, being that he is my 5 th Great Uncle.
- Robert Louis Stevenson was a Scottish novelist, poet, and travel writer, and a leading representative of Neo-Romanticism in English literature.
- Shirley Jackson is a short story writer known for writing disturbing stories that focus not on horrific events, but on normal events that occur in society.
- Shirley Jackson is a case in point.
- Shirley Jackson is a major talent and deserves a place on the web where people can find out more about her and discover her writing.
- Shirley Jackson is a native of Georgia and a long-time resident of the City of Union City.
- Shirley Jackson is a true master.
- Stephen King is a superb story teller.
- Stephen King is a true Harry fan.
- Stephen King is a dog trainer.
- Stephen King is a fan of the Boston Red Sox and frequently attends home and away baseball games.
- Stephen King is a great writer (my sister told me that Pet Semetary scared her to death), but Kubrick's the better filmmaker.
- Tananarive Due is a former features writer and columnist for the Miami Herald.
- Tananarive Due is a former features writer for the Miami Herald.
- Tananarive Due is a powerful storyteller with a rich social agenda.
- Tananarive Due is a writer with something to say to everyone, and The Good House is her most eloquent, impassioned, thrilling book yet.
- Tananarive Due is the author of The Black Rose, My Soul to Keep and The Between, and was a collaborator on the bestselling novel Naked Came the Manatee.
- Thomas Ligotti: A woman named Tina Said was doing a fanzine that used only short prose.
- Thomas Ligotti: The character's surname is actually Dominio.
- Thomas Ligotti is a brilliant author.
- Thomas Ligotti is a major figure in the contemporary literature of supernatural horror.
- Thomas Ligotti is a truly unusual author.
- Ambrose Bierce is a shining exception.
- Ambrose Bierce is a well-known literary figure for many reasons.
- Ambrose Bierce was a man of many distinctions - writer, journalist, humorist, and Civil War veteran.
- Ambrose Bierce was an United States of America editorialist, journalist,short-story writer and satirist.
- Ambrose Bierce was born in Meigs County, Ohio, the tenth of thirteen children of Marcus and Laura Bierce.
- Andrew Fox is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine with a wide variety of experience.
- Andrew Fox is a proven master of this tactic, he recently took a $200 resell rights product and turned it into a $25,000 sales payday.
- Anne Rice is a best-selling author of Gothic novels, historical fiction, and erotica under her own name and two pseudonyms.
- Anne Rice is a brilliant writer.
- Anne Rice is a great woman, a brilliant writer, and she has an amazing mind.
- Anne Rice is a wonderful author, and I'm sure she will do this subject justice.
- Anne Rice is a wonderful writer.
- Ann Radcliffe is a Lee County resident and a mother of two.
- Ann Radcliffe is a fine example.13 Moreover, plenty of eighteenth-century poets describe nature in detailed, scientifically precise language.
- Ann Radcliffe is a lake in a forest one glances into to watch the effects of the light of the sky on the green and the green back onto the blue woods.
- Ann Radcliffe was greatly influenced by the Italian landscape painter, Salvator Rosa.
- Ann Radcliffe was one of the most celebrated and widely read authors of the period.
- The Friends of Arthur Machen grew out of the remains of the British Arthur Machen Society, which was originally formed in the 1980s.
- In its fusion of horror with awe, Midnight Sun shows the influence of Algernon Blackwood and Arthur Machen as well as Lovecraft.
- Arthur Machen - www.smarter.com Find and Compare prices on arthur machen at Smarter.com.
- Arthur Machen was a fascinating character and antiquarian whose weird writings reveal his learning in the occult and his mystical inclinations.
- August Derleth was Wisconsin's most prolific author writing over 150 books in every genre.
- August Derleth was a perfectly competent writer capable of producing an impressive story every now and then.
- August Derleth was one of several collectors.
- August Derleth was probably the most prolific of these writers, and added to and expanded on Lovecraft---s vision.
- August Derleth was probably the most prolific of these writers, and added to and expanded on Lovecraft’s vision.
- The author is a highly effective and efficient writer; the stories flow so well that you tend to forget you're reading.
- The author is the wife of Mr. Dean Koontz, and there is a rumour that he helped her with this book.
- The author was first transported to Northern Cumberland Hospital and then flown by helicopter to Central Maine Hospital.
- The author was first transported to Northern Cumberland Hospital in Bridgton and then flown by helicopter to Central Maine Hospital in Lewiston.
- The authors are a who's who of the genres with each providing a strong effort.
- The authors are working on their next Pendergast novel.
- The authors are working on their next Pendergast novel; Reader.
- The award was bestowed on Captain Benjamin Sisko for his leading of the recapture of space station Deep Space Nine.
- The award was bestowed on Captain Benjamin Sisko for leading the recapture of space station Deep Space Nine during the Dominion War.
- The award was instituted in 1997, largely due to the efforts of long-time HWA member and specialty press aficionado Peter Crowther.
- The award was presented to her during the Romantic Times Convention in Baton Rouge,LA, on November 1, 1996.
- Barnitz was his own salon.
- Barnitz was quite literally burning his bridges behind him, bridges which led to an abyss in front of him.
- Biography: A short article about his life and work.
- The biography is a truly enthralling read.
- Books are a key resource for literary research.
- Books are just better.
- Books are returnable in 10 days if not as described, please e-mail first.
- Books are returnable within ten days of receipt.
- Books are very good, without inscriptions, with only mild spotting to endpapers.
- Brian Lumley is a bear, in the nicest way imaginable.
- Brian Lumley is a fine writer, but Titus Crow: The Clock of Dreams & Spawn of the Winds is not fine writing.
- Brian Lumley is a fine writer, but Titus Crow: The Clock of Dreams & Spawn of the Winds is not fine writing.
- Brian Lumley is a genius.
- Brian Lumley is a gifted writer.
- Brian Keene is a two-time Bram Stoker Award winning horror novelist.
- Brian Keene is an author, primarily of horror and crime fiction.
- Brian Keene was born in 1967.
- Brian Keene was one of the first reviewers at feoamante.com and has gone on to become one of the fastest growing Horror writers in publishing.
- Brown is for snakes.
- Brown was second with 20 members; Union had 12.
- PS Publishing authors include genre grandmasters like Ray Bradbury and Ramsey Campbell along with recognized pros such as Tim Lebbon and T.M. Wright.
- These will ALL be signed by Tim Lebbon and Christopher Golden and hand-numbered, making each copy a unique collectible.
- Long-time Brian Keene fans have heard about "Fodder", a collaborative novella he wrote with Tim Lebbon a few years back.
- Cecilia Tan is a firm believer in the nutritive benefits of herbal food.
- Cecilia Tan is a freelance writer living in the Boston area.
- Cecilia Tan is a noted writer, editor, and publisher.
- Cecilia Tan is a writer, editor and sexuality activist.
- Cecilia Tan is a writer, editor, sexuality activist, and founder of Circlet Press, the first press devoted primarily to erotic science fiction and fantasy.
- The Cenobites are now well established within the pantheon of ‘classic’ horror icons – deservedly so.
- The Cenobites are one of the most unusual, fascinating "bad guys" ever dreamed up in the imagination of man.
- The cenobites are a work of art.Beautiful, scary and ugly.
- Culture > Languages > Language > Glossaries
- Arts > Literature > World Literature > British > Romanticism > Shelley, Mary > Works > Frankenstein.
- Arts > Literature > Authors > S > En > S > A > K > Saki" > Saki< > A > . /
- Arts > Literature > Authors > D > Demonterice, Alexa.
- Arts > Literature > Genres > Science Fiction > Authors > B > Bloch, Robert.
* Alan Rodgers
* Allan Gilbreath
* Al Sarrantonio
* American Horror Writers
* Australian Horror Writers
* Basil Copper
* Bernard Taylor
* Brian Mcnaughton
* Bruce Jones
* Carol Ellis
* Celia Rees
* Charles Beaumont
* Charles Grant
* Charles Maturin
* Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
* Cherie Priest
* Chet Williamson
* Christine Campbell Thomson
* Christopher Priest
* Clark Ashton Smith
* Colin Wilson
* Dahl Roald
* Dante Tomaselli
* Dan Simmons
* Darrell Schweitzer
* Darren Shan
* David Conyers
* David Schow
* Dean Koontz
* Deborah Leblanc
* Dennis Etchison
* Donald Wandrei
* Don Ecker
* Douglas Clegg
* Douglas Preston
* Edo Van Belkom
* Elaine Bergstrom
* Frank Belknap Long
* Fran Friel
* Fritz Leiber
* Gary Braunbeck
* Gary Myers
* Gary William Crawford
* Gemma Files
* Gerald Kersh
* Glen Hirshberg
* Gothic Novel
* Graham Masterton
* Harold Bloom
* Henry Farrell
* Hideyuki Kikuchi
* Horror Writers
* Howard Wandrei
* Ira Levin
* Jack Ketchum
* James Reese
* Jason Nahrung
* Jeanne Kalogridis
* Jeffrey Thomas
* Jeff Vandermeer
* Jessica Barone
* Joel Lane
* Joe Hill
* John Blackburn
* John Edward Lawson
* John Pelan
* John Shirley
* John Skipp
* John Sunseri
* Joseph Nassise
* Junji Ito
* Kaaron Warren
* Karen Koehler
* Karl Edward Wagner
* Kathe Koja
* Kathryn Ptacek
* Kazuo Umezu
* Kelley Armstrong
* Kim Harrison
* Kim Newman
* Kim Paffenroth
* Kim Wilkins
* Lael Littke
* Laird Barron
* Last Man
* Laurell Hamilton
* Lee Battersby
* Leigh Blackmore
* Les Daniels
* Le Fanu
* Lincoln Child
* Linda Addison
* Linda Crockett
* Lisa Morton
* Little Bentley
* Lost Souls
* Lucius Shepard
* Lucy Taylor
* Mark Morris
* Mark Samuels
* Martin Livings
* Matthew Lewis
* Melanie Tem
* Mel Hague
* Michael Arnzen
* Michael Boatman
* Michael Cisco
* Michael Gingold
* Michael Laimo
* Michael Mcdowell
* Mort Castle
* Nalo Hopkinson
* Nancy Holder
* Neil Gaiman
* Nigel Bennett
* Norman Partridge
* Owl Goingback
* Patricia Highsmith
* Paul Haines
* Polly Frost
* Poppy Brite
* Ray Bradbury
* Ray Russell
* Reggie Oliver
* Richard Christian Matheson
* Rick Hautala
* Rick Kennett
* Robert Aickman
* Robert Bloch
* Robert Fleming
* Robert Weinberg
* Rob Hood
* Rod Serling
* Russell Kirk
* Sarah Monette
* Scott Nicholson
* Scott Sigler
* Shane Jiraiya Cummings
* Shaun Hutson
* Sheridan Le Fanu
* Sheri Tepper
* Short Stories
* Stephen Dedman
* Stephen Mark Rainey
* Steven Savile
* Tamara Thorne
* Tanith Lee
* Terry Dowling
* Theodore Sturgeon
* Thomas Peckett Prest
* Thomas Tessier
* Tim Lucas
* Tim Waggoner
* Tod Robbins
* Tom Tryon
* Umezu Kazuo
* Whitley Strieber
* William Beckford
* William Hope Hodgson
* William Peter Blatty
Books about "Glossary of Horror Writers" in