Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Manga"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A manga is a Jappanese comic book.
- Manga are Japanse comics and are really a cross between a comic book and a graphic novel.
- It was Hokusai who coined the term "manga", or "playful sketches", to describe the caricatures he loved doing.
- Manga are a big deal in Japan, with thousands released every year, many with a circulation of a million copies or more.
- A manga is like a japanese comic book, although that isn't a fair description because most manga are for adults and Inuyasha is no exception.
- Sailor Moon is a combination of "magical girl" and "sentai" shows.
- Sailor Moon is a story aimed at young girls (4 to 12 years old), and can be considered a magical girl story.
- Sailor Moon is a no no for me because of the anime i had to watch.
- Sailor Moon is also a fusion of the popular magical girl and sentai genres of which Takeuchi was a fan, one of the first series ever to combine the two.
- Sailor Moon is an example of a shojo anime.
- The Big O is a less common anime to manga adaptation.
- The Big O is an enigma wrapped in some of the greatest giant super robot action this side of the legendary anime, Giant Robo.
- The Big O is the brainchild of Keiichi Sato and Kazuyoshi Katayama, an homage to the shows they grew up with.
- The Big O is a great action mystery anime that will be fondly remembered by it's many fans.
- THE BIG O is a Japanese production, originally airing in Japan in 1999 with just thirteen episodes.
- ASTRO BOY was the first Japanese manga to be adapted into an animated series.
- Astro Boy is a classic story of racism and class struggle, but instead with robots, and the desire of one robot to find peace between two opposing groups.
- Astro Boy is a classic.
- Astro Boy is a complete mess and a blemish on Sonic Team's impressive resume.
- Astro Boy is a huge part of anime history.
- Peach Girl is a great manga series, the anime cuts everything out and changes all references of sex to kissing.
- Peach Girl is a great manga, 18 volumes, volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of heart 1-10.
- Peach Girl is a great manga.
- Peach Girl is a great series we can all relate too.
- Peach Girl is a long manga, but short anime.
- Kare First Love is a cute romantic manga.
- KARE FIRST LOVE is an ongoing series still published in the pages of Shôjo Comic in Japan and has sold over 1.5 million copies.
- KARE FIRST LOVE is an ongoing series still published in the pages of Sh-jo Comic in Japan and has sold over 1.5 million copies.
- Kare First Love is a drama manga.
- Kare First Love is a good manga series.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a Japanese anime series based on the manga originally created by Yoko Maki, which was serialized in Ribon.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a bit gimmicky but is a good cute shoujo.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a manga series by Youko Maki, serialized in Ribon magazine.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a manga series that ran in Angel Comics for thirty three chapters.
- Aishiteruze Baby is a nice story too.
- Blade of the Immortal is a Japanese manga series authored by the manga-ka Samura Hiroaki.
- Blade Of The Immortal is a beautifully illustrated tale well told.
- Blade of the Immortal - The man, the worms, the blades.
- Blade of the Immortal is a hidden gem lost amongst big names.
- Blade of the Immortal is a pure, unadulterated samurai epic told in a very moody black-and-white comic book.
- Captain Tsubasa is a long running anime and manga series created by Yoichi Takahashi.
- Captain Tsubasa is a popular Japanese manga, anime, and video game series, originally created by Yoichi Takahashi in 1981.
- Captain Tsubasa is a popular manga, anime, and video game series in Japan.
- Captain Tsubasa is a really popular anime series in japan that was dubbed in several european, and some asian countries.
- Captain Tsubasa is based on the sport of football (soccer).
- CITY HUNTER is a highly popular manga that ran in JUMP from 1985 to 1992 .
- CITY HUNTER is an action-adventure private eye with a powerful lust, and a flock of women to keep him frustrated.
- City Hunter is a 1994 comedy film directed by Jing Wong.
- City Hunter is a Japanese anime and manga written by Tsukasa Hojo.
- City Hunter is a Japanese manga series created by Tsukasa Hojo (------ ---) in 1980s, later adapted into an anime series by Sunrise.
- Cowboy Bebop is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise and directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, later translated to a motion picture and manga series.
- COWBOY BEBOP is a better and more well-rounded series, but THE BIG O is a nice second.
- COWBOY BEBOP is a visually dramatic film that combines several styles of illustration into one beautiful, cohesive animated environment.
- Cowboy Bebop is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise and directed by Shinichiro Watanabe consisting of 26 episodes and one feature-length film.
- Cowboy Bebop is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise and directed by Shinichiro Watanabe.
- Excel Saga is a comedy anime directed by Shinichi Watanabe and based on a manga series written by Koshi Rikudo.
- EXCEL SAGA is a charm offensive that's guaranteed to offend.
- Excel Saga - The most whacked out piece of entertainment ever.
- Excel Saga is a comedy anime, directed by Shinichi Watanabe, and is based on a manga series written by Rikdo Koshi.
- Excel Saga is a manga series by Koushi Rikudou , and a TV anime series based on it and directed by Shinichi Watanabe .
- Fushigi Yugi is a great manga with a magical romance.
- Fushigi Yugi is a great masterpiece.
- Fushigi Yugi is a great romance series.
- Fushigi Yugi is a great series.
- Fushigi Yugi is a long manga, but shorter anime.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is a 14 + volume manga, 51 episode anime, and also a feature length movie.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is a deceptively simple series.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is a great series.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is a hugely popular franchise that hit Japan back in 2003 to great success.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is a series about 15 year-old Edward Elric, who is a prodigy known as the Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Kingdom Hearts is a 4 part manga miniseries by Shiro Amano.
- Kingdom Hearts is a bit on the "kid-ish" side.
- Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of " alternate " Disney universes set in a universe made specifically for the series.
- Kingdom Hearts is one of those games that just dares your dad to break down and rekindle those old Disney inspired, family filled, evenings.
- Kingdom Hearts is the first game in the series, and was released in Japan on March 28, 2002 for Sony PlayStation 2.
- Love Hina is a 25-episode TV series based on the manga by Ken Akamatsu.
- Love Hina - the manga is MUCH better than the anime 5.
- Love Hina is a great anime, especialy cause of Kentaro, heh, but he isn't mentioned much in it.
- Love Hina is a manga (and anime) series by author Ken Akamatsu.
- Love Hina is a romantic comedy about a high school student, who as a young child made a promise to a girl to attend a prestigious university with her.
- Marmalade Boy is a long anime, but short manga.
- Marmalade Boy is a classic and realistic romance series.
- Marmalade Boy is a great romance.
- Marmalade Boy is a great series.
- Marmalade Boy is a realistic romance series, 76 episodes, 8 volumes.
- Nana is the title of the latest hit manga to take Japan by storm, and unlike in most comic success stories, a large proportion of Nana fans are female.
- Nana is the third Yazawa Ai property I have come to watch, and at last I can understand the complaints about the Paradise Kiss aesthetic.
- Enoki Films had planned to give Nanami the dub name "Nana" in its license.
- Nana is a child.
- Nana is a diclonius, a special being with catgirl -like horns who lives at a laboratory.
- Trigun is based on the best-selling manga series by the same name and is published in North America by Dark Horse.
- Trigun is a 26-part anime series, somewhat episodic, but constructing an overall story arc.
- Trigun is also like Cowboy Bebop, except good in a different way.
- Trigun is simply one of the best anime's ever.
- Trigun is a bit of both and has action too.
- Ai Yori Aoshi is a manga by Kou Fumizuki, first serialized in 1998 in Hakusensha's Young Animal, a magazine for young men.
- Ai Yori Aoshi is a good one where the couple is together from the begining, but they have to keep it secret.
- Ai Yori Aoshi is a shojo style manga with many compelling elements that set it apart from similar titles, such as Love Hina or Happy Lesson.
- Ai Yori Aoshi was actually the first manga I started reading, because I loved the anime so much that I wanted to get more Kaoru and Aoi.
- Ai Yori Aoshi was an intense ride, and although I watched it out of order (and I still haven't seen season 1, volume 2), I still had a great time watching.
- Angelic Layer is a manga series released by Clamp (an all-female Japanese mangaka group).
- Angelic Layer is a fun show that plays a bit with normal conventions of a boys show but still stays within the overall guidelines of the genre.
- Angelic Layer is a game of fighting with dolls.
- Angelic Layer is a game where operators battle with thought controlled dolls.
- Angelic Layer is a shonen anime revolving around fighting action figures in thrilling tournament competitions.
- AZUMI is a part of an elite group of assassins- raised from birth to carry out deadly missions.
- Azumi is a brilliant action film and highly recommended.
- Azumi is a great movie.
- Azumi is a martial arts historical fantasy film based on a manga comic that first appeared in 1994.
- Azumi is a member of the Anti-Alice organization.
- Berserk is a brilliant metaphor for anyone who struggles coming to terms with his own innate abilities.
- Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's MacBeth.
- Berserk is a dark fantasy manga by Kentaro Miura.
- Berserk is a dark medieval epic chronicling the exploits of Guts, the black swordsman.
- Berserk is a dark, violent, and eventually supernatural medieval drama about mercenary who becomes entangled in a charismatic man's quest to become king.
- BEYBLADE is a global toy phenomenon, included in the top toy lists for Toys -R- Us, KB Toys, and Toy Wishes Magazine.
- Beyblade is a 14- book series with two being launched every month.
- Beyblade is a game of spinning tops that originated in Japan.
- Beyblade is a series about kids fighting battles with magic tops.
- Beyblade is a show based on the popular manga 'Bakuten Shoot', where a bunch of kids battle with spinning tops.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a classic example of the shoujo sub-genre known as "magical girl".
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a manga series from Japan.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a manga that everybody must read.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a must buy.
- Cardcaptor Sakura is a series that spans 70 TV episodes, two movies, and is based on the 12-volume manga of the same name by Clamp.
- Chobits is a Japanese manga and anime series created by CLAMP. The original manga was published from 2001 to 2002 by Kodansha.
- Chobits is a action, comedy, and romance series.
- Chobits is a great series it is also a really good manga I watched both the anime and read the manga.
- Chobits is a manga and anime series created by CLAMP. The original manga was published from 2001 to 2002 by Kodansha.
- Chobits is a must see too.
- Digimon are fictional creatures from the Japanese Digimon media franchise.
- Digimon are generally not given individual names, and are instead simply referred to by the name of their species.
- Digimon are monsters of various forms living in a " Digital World," a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks.
- Digimon is a l33t show if in its raw Japanese form.
- Digimon is a very secessful show, with millions of fanbases around the world.
- DORAEMON was the FIRST manga I read.
- Doraemon is a Japanese manga series created by two authors sharing pen name Fujiko Fujio which later became an anime series and Asian franchise.
- Doraemon is a big icon in Japan, and for a reason: good Ole' fun.
- Doraemon is a blue cat robot who came from the future to protect a Japanese boy named Nobita.
- Doraemon is a blue cat-like robot in Japanese comic books.
- FLCL - A very strange trip through the difficulty of adolencence and the struggle to become an adult.
- FLCL is a celebration of the humorous aspects of anime - and a brilliant success.
- FLCL is a good one too.
- FLCL is a surrealist manga by GAINAX & Hajime Ueda.
- FLCL is a unique and somewhat esoteric production whose myriad oddities are often bewildering.
- GANTZ - A large black ball in the apartment that controls the lives of those who get involved with his game.
- GANTZ - A large black sphere in the apartment that controls the lives of those who get involved with his game.
- GANTZ is a manga i love and i think anyone who has the guts to be willing to read it should be able to.
- GANTZ is a really cool manga, though.
- GANTZ is an enigma and while more about GANTZ's rules are revealed as the series goes on, GANTZ himself (or itself) remains a mystery.
- Genshiken is a very good manga by KIO Shimoku that runs in Afternoon ( Kodansha).
- Genshiken is a great anime about the love of Japanese visual culture and it's great to see your own interests reflected in the characters passion.
- Genshiken is a must see for any anime fan - be it casual or otaku.
- Genshiken is a parody anime about anime otaku, while Kujibiki Unbalance is a fictional show watched by the characters of Genshiken.
- Genshiken is a slightly exaggerated account of otaku in japan.
- Hellsing is a manga (Japanese comic series) by Kouta Hirano.
- HEllsing was the first anime video that I saw, it was the gateway to my anime viewing experience.
- Hellsing is a dramatic, blood-soaked tribute to everything we love about the romantic undead.
- Hellsing is a fun series with plenty of humor and suspense.
- Hellsing is a manga series by Hirano Kouta, published by Young King Comics.
- HAPPY HUSTLE HIGH is a lighthearted romantic comedy with a strong willed and tough heroine that will bring laughs and smiles to readers of all ages.
- Happy Hustle High is a cute manga series.
- Happy Hustle High is a cute romance manga.
- Happy Hustle High is a good manga series.
- Happy Hustle High is a manga that also fits your taste.
- Honey and Clover is a funny anime.
- Honey and Clover is a romantic love story set within an art college.
- Honey and Clover is a shojo drama and slice of life anime about the lives of a group of friends who attend an art school in Tokyo.
- Honey and Clover is a slice-of-life comedy about college students.
- Honey and Clover is a slow paced drama anime which has a witty sense of humor.
- INUYASHA is one of VIZ's most successful anime and manga properties.
- InuYasha - The male protagonist, a hanyō.
- InuYasha is a " hany-- ", his father was an inu y--kai and his mother was human.
- InuYasha is a half dog demon.
- InuYasha is a han'yō, and there are a few other han'yō that appear in the series.
- Kikaider is a Japanese superhero who appears in manga, tokusatsu, and anime.
- Kikaider is a human-like robot tasked with the protection of his creator's son and daughter.
- Kikaider is a humanoid robot tasked with the protection of Dr. Komyoji's son and daughter.
- Kikaider is a live action show which started in Japan about a teenage boy who is an android and experiences strange feelings and is quite unsure why.
- Kikaider is a portmanteau of "Kikai" (which means Machine in Japanese), and "Rider".
- Kodocha is a good manga series.
- Kodocha is a must read for any one who likes a sereous, romantic, and humerous book, yes that's right you get thoes three in one book.
- Kodocha is a realistic romance.
- Kodocha - For sure, this also qualifies.
- Kodocha is a cute and realistic series.
- Elfen Lied is a Japanese manga series originally created by Japanese author Lynn Okamoto as well as a TV anime series based on it.
- Elfen Lied is a fairly intricate mix of different genres and it's hard to describe.
- Elfen Lied is a fantastic addition to the anime horror genre.
- Elfen Lied is a manga and anime series by author Lynn Okamoto.
- Elfen Lied is a series in which I watched solely for the bloodshed and action.
- Absolute Boyfriend is a good manga.
- Absolute Boyfriend is a good series.
- Absolute Boyfriend is a great manga.
- Absolute Boyfriend is a manga series by Yuu Watase.
- Absolute Boyfriend is a simply told story with a lot of heart.
- Adventures of Mini-Goddess is simply a combination of brainless fun and a whole lot of cute stuff.
- I read somewhere that Adventures of Mini-Goddess is based on the mini comic strips found in the original manga.
- Gan-chan is the much-abused temple rat from the Adventures of Mini-Goddess series.
- Versions of the songs in several languages also exist because of the popularity of "Ai Shite Knight" outside of Japan.
- Ai Shite Knight, or Night (original title: ------------------) is a sh--jo manga created in the early 1980's by the late Kaoru Tada.
- Air Gear is a funny, exciting, and beautiful manga.
- Air Gear is a great manga, and we're proud to be publishing it.
- Air Gear is like Tenjou Tenje lots of senseless violence, boobs, and great art.
- Air Master is a fighting anime with a female lead.
- Air Master is a quirky, well action series about a competitive gymnast turned street fighter.
- Air Master: A former gymnast, Aikawa Maki has turned her skills to a different way of life - street fighting.
- Air Master: a former national gymnast searches for the thrill of competition in the world of street fights.
- Akagi is a Japanese manga that started in 1993 written by Nobuyuki Fukumoto about the game Mahjong.
- AKAGI is a Japanese comic book that started in 1993 written by Nobuyuki Fukumoto about a game called " Mah Jong ".
- Akagi is a young boy who is a very talented gambler and makes remarkable wins in the story.
- Akazukin ChaCha is one of the best anime on TV, it is a comedic anime and sometimes you can't stop laughing after watching each episode.
- Akazukin Chacha is a little witch with a good sense of humor.
- Akazukin Chacha is the story of a young girl named Chacha.
- Akazukin Chacha is the story of a young magical girl (Mah-- Sh--jo) named Chacha.
- Akkan Baby is a sh--jo manga series created by Miya--chi Saya.
- Il manga in questione si intitola Akkan Baby, di Miyauchi Saya.
* Alien Nine
* Ambassador Magma
* Angel Sanctuary
* Animal Yokocho
* Anime And Manga Terminology
* Anime Games
* Anmitsu Hime
* Apocalypse Zero
* Ashita No Nadja
* Azumanga Daioh
* Banana Fish
* Banner of The Stars
* Barefoot Gen
* Battle Angel Alita
* Battling Companion
* Beet The Vandel Buster
* Blue Seed
* Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
* Boss Borot
* Boys Over Flowers
* Bubblegum Crisis
* Buso Renkin
* Butsu Zone
* Candidate For Goddess
* Candy Candy
* Case Closed
* Celestial Legend Ceres
* Cg Artwork
* Cheeky Angel
* Chibi Maruko-Chan
* Chrono Crusade
* Clamp School Detectives
* Comic Party
* Corrector Yui
* Crayon Shin-Chan
* Crest of The Stars
* Cromartie High School
* Cutey Honey
* Daiki Niwa
* Daisuke Niwa
* Darkside Blues
* Dark Tournament Saga
* Dear Boys
* Death Note
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Densha Otoko
* Descendants of Darkness
* Dirty Pair
* Dragon Ball
* Dragon Boy
* Dragon Knights
* Erementar Gerad
* Fantasy Manga
* Fighting Spirit
* Fist of The Blue Sky
* Fist of The North Star
* Five Star Stories
* Fruits Basket
* Funbari No Uta
* Futari Ecchi
* Gakuen Alice
* Galaxy Angel
* Gallery Fake
* Gekigangar Iii
* Ghost In The Shell
* Giant Robo
* Gin Tama
* Glass Mask
* Goddess Relief Office
* Gokinjo Monogatari
* Go Go Ackman
* Great Mazinger
* Great Teacher Onizuka
* Gundam Seed Astray
* Gundam Seed Destiny Astray
* Gunslinger Girl
* Gunsmith Cats
* Heroic Legend of Arslan
* High School Girls
* Hikaru No Go
* Himitsu No Akko-Chan
* Horror Manga
* Hot Gimmick
* Hyper Police
* Ichigo Mashimaro
* Ikki Tousen
* Infinite Ryvius
* Itsumo Misora
* Japani Norway
* Kamen Rider
* Kannazuki No Miko
* Kare Kano
* Kaze Hikaru
* Kevin Mask
* Kimagure Orange Road
* Kimi Wa Petto
* Kindaichi Case Files
* King of Bandit Jing
* Koi Kaze
* Kosuke Kindaichi
* Kuni Ga Moeru
* Lagoon Engine
* Law of Ueki
* Legal Drug
* Legend of Chun Hyang
* Legend of The Galactic Heroes
* Loki Ragnarok
* Lone Wolf And Cub
* Lord of Nightmares
* Lupin Iii
* Magic Knight Rayearth
* Maison Ikkoku
* Manga Magazines
* Man of Many Faces
* Martian Successor Nadesico
* Midori Days
* Municipal Force Daitenzin
* My Neighbor Totoro
* Neko Majin
* Neon Genesis Evangelion
* Net Terminal Genes
* Onegai Teacher
* Outlaw Star
* Paper Eleven
* Paradise Kiss
* Peacemaker Kurogane
* Please Save My Earth
* Princess Ai
* Princess Knight
* Princess Tutu
* Prince of Tennis
* Project A-Ko
* Record of Lodoss War
* Revolutionary Girl Utena
* Rg Veda
* Rising Stars of Manga
* Romance Manga
* Rose of Versailles
* Rozen Maiden
* Rune Soldier
* Rurouni Kenshin
* Saint Seiya
* Samurai Champloo
* Samurai Deeper Kyo
* Samurai Executioner
* Sand Land
* School Manga
* School Rumble
* Secret Plot
* Seras Victoria
* Shadow Lady
* Shaman King
* Short Program
* Skull Man
* Slow Step
* Sorcerer Hunters
* Speed Racer
* Super Robot
* Sweat Drop
* Tenjho Tenge
* Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai
* The Legend of Chun Hyang
* Those Who Hunt Elves
* Tokyo Babylon
* Tokyo Mew Mew
* Tramps Like Us
* Ultimate Muscle
* Urusei Yatsura
* Video Girl Ai
* Wedding Peach
* Yami No Matsuei
* Yuyu Hakusho
* Zettai Kareshi
Books about "Glossary of Manga" in