Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Money Managers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- MONEY managers are worried about the effects of the thinning public trust in Wall Street.
- Money managers are definitely taking some risk off the table.
- Money managers are expected to offer up detailed, audited results.
- Money managers are nervous as they fight to stay above water.
- Money managers were exiting stocks in droves at this time, when inflation was at its highest, precisely when they should have bought stocks.
- George Soros is a brilliant, knowledgeable and experienced human being.
- George Soros is a prominent personality in the financial world.
- George Soros is a self-made billionaire.
- George Soros is part of a tightly knit financial mafia---"mafia," in the sense of a closed masonic-like fraternity of families pursuing common aims.
- George Soros is the son of the Esperanto writer Teodoro Schwartz.
- Barton Biggs is a hedge fund manager.
- Barton Biggs is a legendary figure in the investment management community.
- Barton Biggs is a pompous fool, surrounded by more pompous fools.
- Barton Biggs is a very gifted writer and his stories about his experiences in the hedge fund industry are very entertaining and informative.
- Barton Biggs is a very well traveled, informed and full of anecdotes investment professional.
- A trader was supposed to come in every morning and buy and sell things, and on the basis of how much money he made buying and selling he was given a bonus.
- The trader was absolutely crucial.
- A hedge fund is a private investment fund charging a performance fee and typically open to only a limited number of investors.
- A hedge fund is a private investment fund charging a performance fee and typically open to only a limited range of qualified investors.
- A hedge fund is a private investment fund that charges a performance fee and a management fee.
- A hedge fund is a private investment partnership run by a money manager who has his own money in the fund.
- A hedge fund is a private investment partnership that invests with goal of more return than risk for each dollar invested.
- Julian Robertson is one of the greatest traders and money managers of the century, as well as one of Wall Streets greatest teachers and inspirers.
- Julian Robertson is one of the most successful and well-known hedge fund managers of our time.
- Peter Lynch is a fundamental investor who advocates that earnings drive the market.
- Peter Lynch is a legend in the investment world.
- Peter Lynch is a documentary filmmaker.
- Peter Lynch is a legend and rightly so.
- Peter Lynch is a respected industry leader with over 30 years of retailing operating experience.
- Mr. Meriwether met with Stanley Druckenmiller, George Soros's chief investment strategist at the rival hedge-fund firm.
- Stanley Druckenmiller formerly managed money for George Soros, and now dedicates himself to work full time at Duquesne Capital which he founded in 1981.
- A $3 billion dollar bet against the stock market in 1991 was par for the course for Stanley Druckenmiller, one of the most successful investors of our time.
- Gil Blake was a mutual fund timer who was able to achieve gains of over 20 percent per year.
- Gil Blake was a mutual fund timer who was able to achieve gains of over 20% per year.
- Gil Blake was one of the first money managers to exploit non- random price behavior and talk about it.
- Gil Blake was one of the first money managers to exploit non-random price behaviour and talk about it.
- Milken is also a major donor to the Milken Community High School, a private Jewish high school.
- Milken is one of those rare individuals whose accomplishments and blunders are so gargantuan that they force us to view him as larger than life.
- Milken was born into a Jewish family in the San Fernando Valley.
- Milken was convicted and sentenced in 1990.
- Milken was determined to save his life by eradicating prostate cancer before it could kill him.
- Michael Milken, inventor of the junk bond, was jailed for nothing more than making too much money too fast.
- The 70-year-old Mr. Madoff promises to do for hedge funds what Drexel veteran Michael Milken's prosecution did for junk bonds - tar an entire sector.
- EVERYONE KNOWS about the $550 million Drexel Burnham's Michael Milken made back in 1987.
- Alfred Winslow Jones was more of an intellectual than an investor.
- However, the first hedge fund operation is attributed to Alfred Winslow Jones in 1949.
- The first known hedge fund was created by Alfred Winslow Jones in 1949.
- Alfred Winslow Jones was an executive, not a stock picker.
- Benjamin Graham is a classic on investment.
- Benjamin Graham is a tough read.
- Benjamin Graham is a value investor.
- Benjamin Graham is a world renowned investor and economic theorist.
- Benjamin Graham is known as the father of value investing and Warren Buffett is his most famous prot--g--.
- Fund managers are also willing to take big risks since they don't lose money themselves if their investments tank.
- Fund managers are paid on how much money is in the fund and not on how much they make for the investor.
- Henry Kravis is a billionaire, the 57th richest person in America.
- Henry Kravis is a billionaire, the 57th richest person in American.
- Henry Kravis was the subject of a 'WarOnGreed.org' video which detailed his life and earnings in comparison to various citizens.
- Hedge Funds are not currently subject to any direct regulation, unlike mutual funds, pension funds, and insurance companies.
- Hedge Funds are not required to provide periodic pricing or valuation information to investors.
- Hedge funds are about making money and running a hedge fund is a great way to do so.
- Hedge funds are completely opposite.
- Hedge funds are depending less on investment banks and independent researchers and relying more on their in-house version.
- WARREN BUFFETT: The proper job of an investment banker should probably be to shield the investing public from the excesses of promoters.
- Warren Buffett is an admired man.
- Warren Buffett is one of the most celebrated investors of all time.
- Warren Buffett is probably the world’s best known value investor.
- Warren Buffett was at Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign fund raising on June 26.
- MICHAEL STEINHARDT is one of the most successful money managers in the history of Wall Street.
- Michael Steinhardt is a legendary investor.
- Jim Rogers is a compact man with a round face and pale blue eyes.
- Jim Rogers is a former hedge-fund manager and private investor.
- Jim Rogers is a legend.
- Jim Rogers is a legendary investor and probably the best investor of our time.
- Jim Rogers is a legendary top-down global investor; he takes bets on countries.
- In addition, we think the very term "value investing" is redundant.
- Value Investing is a must for any serious investor wishing to gain a better understanding of the principles and practices behind this time-tested approach.
- Value investing is a commonly used approach to investing and my attempt has been to learn and share my learnings with everyone.
- Value investing is a style of investment strategy from the so-called "Graham & Dodd" School.
- Value investing is an unsuitable approach in several contexts.
- Bill Miller is a brave, brave man.
- Bill Miller is a former philosophy student and longtime market observer.
- Bill Miller is a mutual fund manager who had an incredible streak of 15 years in a row of beating the S&P 500 (this ended in 2006).
- Bill Miller is one of today's most renowned professional money managers.
- Bill Miller was named to Barron's Mutual Funds "All-Century Team" for his stock-picking skills.
- Louis Bacon is a famed trader and risk manager.
- Mohnish Pabrai : The similarity between Pabrai Funds and the Buffett Partnerships that I refer to is related to the structure of the partnerships.
- Mohnish Pabrai is a hedge fund manager currently managing over 100 million for he and his partners.
- Mohnish Pabrai is a relentlessly insightful thinker who delights in decoding the esoteric world of finance and also knows how to tell a good yarn.
- Mohnish Pabrai is an Indian-American businessman, investor and philanthropist.
- Mohnish Pabrai: The best investments are total no-brainers that can be explained in a short paragraph or two.
- Bruce Kovner is a person of interest .
- Bruce Kovner is one of the most successful commodity traders of all time and is featured on StreetStories.
- Money management is a very confusing term.
- Money management was skimpy - again go to the Net.
- Mason Hawkins of Longleaf Partners is the best mutual fund manager in the United States.
- For example, Mason Hawkins is a classic value investor.
- Three of its Four money managers Bill Miller, Bill Nygren and Mason Hawkins are in my favourites list.
- Michael Price is a freelance writer living in Brooklyn, New York.
- Michael Price was fabulous at pulling threads.
- THE TRADERS ARE ON THE FRONT LINES moment by moment, pulling the trigger with only seconds to think about it.
- The traders were often well educated, and wore Savile Row suits and Ferragamo ties.
- The traders were to blame for the awful thing about to happen to Matty Oliva.
- Traders are betting the Fed will lower the 5.25 percent target rate for overnight loans between banks at its next meeting on Sept.
- Traders are certain of a cut of at least a quarter point.
- Victor Niederhoffer is one of the best-known and most successful money managers in the world, with over $75 million under management.
- Victor Niederhoffer was one of the most successful money managers in the country.
- Victor Niederhoffer was one ofthe most successful money managers in the country.
- Charles Brandes is a disciple of economist and investment analyst Benjamin Graham, he founded Brandes Investment Partners in 1974.
- Charles Brandes is one of the more closely followed value investors working today, as well being a disciple of the Benjamin Graham school of value investing.
- Charles Brandes is the chairman of Brandes Investment Partners, a firm he started in 1974.
- Whitney Tilson is a frequent and very.
- Whitney Tilson is a nice guy, and an Amigo through and through.
- Richard Dennis is a Cambridge, Massachusetts, native who grew up in Glen Ellyn.
- Richard Dennis is a profiled as a trader in Financial Trader: Back from the Bottom of the Pit.
- Richard Dennis is a retired commodities broker.
- Peter Thiel is the co-founder and former CEO of PayPal.
- Ed Seykota is a phenomenal genius stock and derivatives trader.
- Ed Seykota was originally profiled in the Market Wizards.
- Jim Cramer is a director and co-founder of TheStreet.com.
- Jim Cramer is a vivid example of investing by a hunch, a gut feeling and hearsay.
- Jim Cramer is the champion of the middle-class investor.
- Jim Cramer is the least of our problems.
- Drexel was creating the best-quality merchandise for that marketplace.
- Drexel was entitle to zero of the warrants.
- Drexel was forced to buy the bonds of insolvent and failing companies, which depleted their capital and would eventually bankrupt the company.
- Security Analysis is a must-read for anyone interested in the fundamental analysis related to investing.
- Security Analysis is the bible of fundamental analysis.
- Security Analysis: The Classic 1951 Edition marks the return of this long-out-of-print work to the investment canon.
- Charlie Munger helped me to understand this pattern of thinking by using the very powerful metaphor of a latticework of models.
- Pabrai: As I mentioned earlier, Charlie Munger says all intelligent investing is value investing.
- The Dhandho method expands on the groundbreaking principles of value investing expounded by Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett, and Charlie Munger.
- Bruce McMahan is a private citizen.
- Bruce McMahan is one of America's leaders in philanthropy towards Cambodia.
- ANOTHER FUND MANAGER whose name should be familiar from years past is Manu Daftary, ranked first in the Aggressive Growth objective.
- He has been listed as one of the top 20 money managers by Barron's Magazine for five yea The Quaker Strategic Growth Fund is managed by Manu Daftary.
- Manu Daftary of the Quaker Strategic Growth Fund kept his eight-year streak alive.
- David Dodd was arrested for actions of espionage and taken to Union headquarters at the arsenal in Little Rock, across from St. John's Masonic College.
- David Dodd was convicted of spying for the Confederacy and was sentenced to be hanged at the discretion of General Steele.
- Commodities are heading for their best first half in 35 years.
- Commodities are much simpler than stocks.
- Commodities are the only thing I know with unimpaired fundamentals,” he said.
- Commodities were an absolute no - no.
- Morgan Stanley was going bankrupt, his client responded.
- Morgan Stanley was in a precarious position.
- Emerging Markets was again the top performer, up 8.85 per cent for the period and 14.75 per cent year-to-date.
- Emerging markets are becoming unstoppable with up-and comers challenging their Western partners.
- Emerging markets are falling into a ditch.
- Emerging markets were mostly lower.
- William Eckhardt is a commodities and futures trader and fund manager.
- Fayez Sarofim is a 'huge' pension manager, not a 'hugh' pension manager.
- Fayez Sarofim is a Coptic Christian Egyptian-born naturalized US citizen and fund manager for a number of Janus stock funds.
- Business > Investing > Funds > Managers And Advisors.
- Regional > North America > Canada > Business And Economy > Financial Services > Investing > News And Media.
- Business > Financial Services > Investment Services.
- Business > Investing > Guides.
- Business > Investing > Resources > Clubs.
- Business > Investing > Socially Responsible > En > M > O > N > Money Managers" > Money Managers< > A > . /
- Business > Investing > Funds > Mutual Funds > Fund Families.
- Business > Investing > Funds > Hedge Funds.
* Abigail Johnson
* Atticus Capital
* Berkshire Hathaway
* Bill Lipschutz
* Blair Hull
* Bruce Wasserstein
* Chris Gardner
* Darla Moore
* David Ryan
* Equity Department
* Focus Investing
* Futures Trading
* Gary Pilgrim
* Jack Welch
* James Chanos
* John Meriwether
* John Templeton
* Joseph Parnes
* Leon Black
* Mark Mobius
* Martin Zweig
* Max Heine
* Michael Marcus
* Monroe Trout
* Ogden Phipps
* Paul Kangas
* Peter Schiff
* Position Sizing
* Ray Dalio
* Richard Marin
* Richard Rainwater
* Richard Whitney
* Richard Wyckoff
* Shelby Davis
* Technical Analysis
* Tim Collins
* William O`neil
Books about "Glossary of Money Managers" in