Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Romantic Comedy Films"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- THE GOODBYE GIRL is a wonderful Neil Simon romantic comedy (with emphasis on screwball).
- The Goodbye Girl is a 1977 film which tells the story of an actor who sublets an apartment which already contains a widow and her daughter.
- The Goodbye Girl is a bittersweet comedy about relationships and taking chances.
- The Goodbye Girl was also nominated for Best Picture, but lost to Annie Hall in that category.
- The Goodbye Girl was subsequently developed into a 1993 Broadway musical of the same name starring Martin Short and Bernadette Peters.
- Addicted to Love is a 1997 romantic comedy film, directed by Griffin Dunne.
- Addicted To Love is a must for Meg Ryan fans I suppose and also for any voyeurs out there who'd also like to get their hands on that camera obscura.
- Addicted to Love is a play that exposes the addiction of one man and his eventual realization that his home and life are incomplete without a good woman.
- Bringing Up Baby is a timeless masterpiece.
- Bringing Up Baby was a disaster when it first opened in 1938, almost ruining the careers of both Hawks and Hepburn.
- Bringing up Baby is one of cinema's greatest screw-ball comedies.
- Adam is a high school junior, born in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Adam is a software engineer with an extensive background in distributed architectures, network protocols, and compiler infrastructures.
- Adam is a young Dublin serial seducer.
- Adam is the catalyst that brings each member to the crossroads and changes their lives forever.
- Adam is the kind of guy who seems to know intuitively and infallibly what to say and what to do that thrills a woman and keeps her satisfied.
- Pat and Mike is a lovely story of a star athlete, played by Katharine Hepburn, who is discovered by a sport's manager, Spencer Tracy.
- Pat and Mike is a sports movie with romance in it.
- Pat and Mike was filmed on location around Los Angeles with many golfing scenes taking place at the Riviera Country Club.
- Alexander is the son of Alex and Ruth Greenspan.
- Alexander was the host of the Comedy Central roast of actor William Shatner on August 13, 2006, which first aired on August 20, 2006.
- Hilary Duff is for sure one of the brightest stars of Hollywood and one of the most beautiful women alive.
- Hilary Duff was born in Houston, Texas, the second child of Bob Erhard Duff, owner of a chain of convenience stores, and Susan Colleen Cobb, a homemaker.
- Hilary Duff was born in Houston, Texas, the second child of Bob Erhard Duff, owner of a chain of convenience stores, and Susan Colleen Duff, a homemaker.
- His Girl Friday - One of the best scripts ever, smart funny romantic and surprisingly progressive, filled with in-jokes.
- His Girl Friday is a 1940 film about a newspaper editor who uses every trick in the book to keep his ace reporter ex-wife from remarrying.
- His Girl Friday is a luscious theatrical cocktail, a three-star smasher.
- Moonstruck is a 1987 romantic comedy film directed by Norman Jewison.
- Moonstruck is a 1987 romantic comedy film which tells the story of a woman who falls in love with her fiance's brother.
- Moonstruck is a film that uses food and food sharing as the focal point for a great many scenes.
- Moonstruck is a great place to work.
- Moonstruck is a romantic comedy about a dowdy widow trying to patch up the realtionship between her fiancee and his brother.
- My Sassy Girl is a romantic comedy that launched the careers of the two main actors.
- My Sassy Girl is a 2001 film by Korean director Kwak Jae Yong, formerly known for the straight melodramas he directed.
- My Sassy Girl is a film close to my heart.
- My Sassy Girl is a remake of the highly successful 2001 Korean film of the same name.
- My Sassy Girl is a remake of the hugely popular 2001 Korean romantic comedy of the same name.-- No release date has been set.
- Roman Holiday is a great romantic comedy, starring two of the Hollywood greats the handsome Gregory Peck and the beautiful Audrey Hepburn.
- Roman Holiday is a 1953 romantic comedy.
- Roman Holiday is a film with a similar storyline, but the gender politics have changed.
- Roman Holiday is a fun romantic comedy.
- Roman Holiday is a really great little romantic film.
- SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is a brilliantly funny, warm and fast moving romance.
- SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is a film I adore and a DVD that I had to own.
- SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is a funny, fast-moving romance from acclaimed director John Madden ("Mrs Brown").
- SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is a romantic comedy for the 1990s set in the 1590s.
- SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is a story revolving around Elizabethan theatre but it's also a love story.
- Strictly Ballroom is a romantic comedy telling the story of an Australian ballroom dancer, Scott Hastings.
- Strictly Ballroom is a film that deserves its place in the history of Australian cinema.
- Strictly Ballroom is a funny look at the world of ballroom dancing.
- Strictly Ballroom is a genuine delight all the way around.
- Strictly Ballroom is a romantic comedy with a few serious moments.
- Terms of Endearment is a 1983 American drama film and romantic comedy adapted by James L. Brooks from the novel by Larry McMurtry.
- TERMS OF ENDEARMENT is a deeply observed drama about the intimate relationship between a mother and daughter, based on the novel by Larry McMurtry.
- Terms of Endearment is a 1983 American drama film and romantic comedy.
- Terms of Endearment is a 1983 drama - romantic comedy film adapted by James L. Brooks from the novel by Larry McMurtry .
- Terms of Endearment is the fifteenth episode of the animated series Drawn Together.
- The Awful Truth is a 1937 film about a soon-to-be-divorced couple who go to great lengths to try to ruin each other's romantic escapades.
- The Awful Truth is a 1937 romantic comedy (also screwball comedy ) film starring Irene Dunne and Cary Grant .
- The Awful Truth is a 1937 romantic comedy (also screwball comedy) film.
- The Awful Truth is a 1937 romantic comedy film.
- The Awful Truth was awfully good to Dunne and Grant, as both were breaking out of much more serious molds and this secured their positions.
- WHAT WOMEN WANT is a sweet romantic comedy with an all-star cast.
- WHAT WOMEN WANT is a wildly overblown, unpleasantly smirky mess of a film.
- What Women Want is a 2000 romantic comedy film, directed by Nancy Meyers.
- What Women Want is a film, which in some ways is as funny as Meet the Parents.
- What Women Want is a funny and hilarious romantic flick.
- WOMAN ON TOP is a romantic comedy directed by the venezuelian born director Fina Torres in 2000.
- Woman on Top is a 2000 fantasy romantic comedy film directed by Fina Torres.
- Woman on Top is a 2000 film directed by Fina Torres.
- Woman on Top is a sweet comedy involving very sweet (and good-looking) people.
- Woman on Top is an enjoyable fairy tale for adults.
- Woman of the Year is a 1942 romantic comedy film in which a feminist, chosen "Woman of the Year", tries to keep the spark in her personal relationship.
- Woman of the Year was gracefully directed by George Stevens, from a screenplay by Ring Lardner Jr.
- Woman of the Year was the first of nine movies that Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy did together, and, I think, the very best.
- Love Actually is a 2003 British romantic comedy film written and directed by Richard Curtis.
- Love Actually is a delightful romantic comedy set in London whose only flaw is that it may be not quite the right length.
- Love Actually is a great film.
- Love Actually is a paradox, actually: a highly engineered puffball.
- Love Actually is a rare movie where we have a great screenplay to back great acting performances.
- MAID IN MANHATTAN is a warmly romantic comedy and a wonderful Christmas gift for viewers from THE JOY LUCK CLUB's Wayne Wang.
- Maid In Manhattan is a modern retelling of the classic Cinderella story, while in another sense it is a reworking of the Working Girl formula from the 1980s.
- Maid In Manhattan is a very good movie with a good beggning and ending.
- Maid In Manhattan is a very pleasant surprise.
- Maid in Manhattan is a 2002 romantic comedy film , directed by Wayne Wang .
- A Guy Thing is a romantic comedy that gives off the stench of despair.
- But in "Addicted Love", she plays a biker chick with dark eye shadow who spends the whole film being a bitch to her ex.
- Robert Palmer Lyrics Addicted to Love addicted love Gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love .
- Addicted to Love movie posters and memorabilia at MovieGoods addicted love Addicted to Love movie posters and other memorabilia - buy from MovieGoods.
- Allen is a passionate fan of jazz which is often featured prominently in his movies' soundtracks.
- Allen is also an accomplished author having written four books--collections of short pieces and plays.
- Allen is also an accomplished jazz clarinetist, a hobby featured in the 1998 documentary Wild Man Blues.
- Allen was born in New York City to a Jewish family of Austrian and Russian ancestry.
- Allen was denied visitation rights with Malone and could only see Ronan under supervision.
- Along Came Polly - For the most cautious man on Earth, life is about to get interesting.
- Along Came Polly is a 2004 American romantic comedy film written and directed by John Hamburg.
- Along Came Polly is a 2004 American romantic comedy film.
- Along Came Polly is a movie about how opposites attract, I guess.
- Along Came Polly is a movie about this paranoid pansy named Reuben Feffer (Stiller).
- Alvy is a somewhat "nerdy" comic writer and falls for Annie, a mid-west, part-time photographer.
- Alvy: The Gestapo would take away your Bloomingdale's charge card and you'd tell 'em everything.
- Alvy: The failure of the country to get behind New York City is Anti-Semitism.
- Alvy: What is fascinating is that it's physical.
- Amelie is one of those films.
- Amelie was a foreign film gem in 2001, from the highly acclaimed Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
- ANNIE HALL is a unique film that still looks fresh, even when the style in itself is very 70s.
- Annie Hall is a 1977 film about neurotic New York comedian Alvy Singer who falls in love with the ditsy Annie Hall.
- Annie Hall is a 1977 romantic comedy film directed by Woody Allen from a script he co-wrote with Marshall Brickman.
- Annie Hall is a benchmark for modern romantic comedies, with a large influence over future films.
- Annie Hall is a comedic but contemplative look into people’s need for relationships despite the irrationality that often comes with them.
- Cascade Audio Engineering; anything else is a compromise.
- Anything Else was the opening-night selection at the 60th annual Venice International Film Festival.
- More than anything else, it is the collapse of the specialty bookseller that indicates the reality and power of the Long Tail.
- As Good As It Gets is a modern classic, I loved I'll Do Anything, and even have a soft spot in my heart for Spanglish.
- Audrey Hepburn was a model of grace and humility.
- Audrey Hepburn was well past her prime when she made this.
- A "Baxter" is a nerd who never gets the girl because he is socially inept, and there are an endless number of cool guys ready to take his girl.
- Baxter was then placed into a disintegrator by Krang so as to eliminate Baxter since Krang had no use for the bumbling scientist.
- Baxter was voiced by Pat Fraley in the show.
- The Baxter is a 2005 film written and directed by Michael Showalter of Stella.
- The Baxter is a fun movie, released in 2005.
- Ben Affleck is the latest high-powered celeb with sobriety problems.
- Ben Affleck was average which surprised me.
- Ben Affleck was not considered for his role until Paltrow put him forward, supplying an audition tape to the producers that they had prepared together.
- Bianca is a the quintessential popular, beloved, rich girl who is untouchable.
- Bianca is a well-respected woman, and although Nick is not sure if he really loves her, he thinks she'd make him a good wife.
- Bride and Prejudice is a 2004 Bollywood -style adaptation of Jane Austen's 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice.
- Bride and Prejudice is a fully-fledged first.
- Cary Grant is something else.
- Cary Grant is the finest comic actor film has produced and this film demonstrates that as well as any.
- Cary Grant was never better or more precise.
- Cary Grant was originally offered the part of Joe Bradley and he turned it down.
- Cary Grant was too hard to resist as I looked at the cover of this dvd, of Cary leaning up against Ingrid Bergman.
- Chasing Liberty is a 2004 romantic comedy about the American President 's daughter.
- Chasing Liberty is a 2004 romantic comedy directed by Andy Cadiff.
- Chasing Liberty is a 2004 romantic comedy, and is directed by Andy Cadiff.
- Chasing Liberty is a fairly standard-issue teen romantic comedy.
- Chasing Liberty is a throwback to the classic romantic comedies of earlier decades.
- Desk Set is a marvelous reminder that technology is not always the answer.
- Duff was born in Houston, Texas, the second child of Robert Erhard Duff, owner of a chain of convenience stores, and Susan Colleen Cobb, a homemaker.
- Duff was dropped from the cast of Daddio prior to it being aired, which made her reluctant to pursue her acting career further.
- Duff was interviewed on the Australian current affair show Today Tonight and stated that she lost weight by leading a more active lifestyle.
- Duff was interviewed on the Australian current affair show Today Tonight and stated that she lost weight by living a more active lifestyle.
- Duff was interviewed on the Australian current affair show Today Tonight and stated that she lost weight to live a more healthy lifestyle.
- Dunne was more famous and accomplished at the time.
- Dunne was reluctant to be a comic actress.
- Edward: A buffet of safety.
- Edward: The reason I know that, is that I am an only child.
- Emma Thompson was brilliant in it as was Liam Neilson.
- Emma thompson was good.
- First Daughter was directed by actor-turned-director Forest Whitaker.
- They're Secret Service agents assigned to protect the First Daughter.
- Ben is about to tell the cafe they can not pay, when Anna is recognized and races off to avoid being identified as the First Daughter.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral is a 1994 British romantic comedy film directed by Mike Newell.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral is a far superior movie in just about every way, a funny and stirring look at stumbling toward love and the effect of friendship.
- French Kiss is a talented rock band with an eclectic mix of danceable modern and classic rock.
- French Kiss is an American -made 1995 romantic comedy film set primarily in France.
- Funny Face is a great movie for many reasons.
- FUNNY FACE is a bubbly, brilliantly colored but rather superficial old-school Hollywood musical.
- Funny Face is a 16.2hh bay KWPN approved Keur mare born on February 7, 1987.
- Funny Face is a 1927 musical composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics by Ira Gershwin, and book by Fred Thompson and Paul Gerard Smith.
- Funny Face is a delightful dance and music movie with pure charm.
* Girl Happy
* Hannah And Her Sisters
* How To Deal
* Hugh Grant
* Irene Dunne
* It Happened One Night
* Jennifer Lopez
* Leo Mccarey
* Little Black Book
* Mandy Moore
* Mel Gibson
* Monsoon Wedding
* Move Over Darling
* Must Love Dogs
* My Favorite Wife
* Never Been Kissed
* Nurse Betty
* One Fine Day
* Philadelphia Story
* Pillow Talk
* Pretty Woman
* Romantic Comedy Films
* Rosalind Russell
* School For Seduction
* Screwball Comedy
* Seeing Other People
* Serving Sara
* Shakespeare Love
* Shallow Hal
* Shaun of The Dead
* Simply Irresistible
* Sleepless In Seattle
* Sleepless Seattle
* Some Like It Hot
* Sylvia Scarlett
* They All Laughed
* The Break-Up
* The Girl Next Door
* The Lady Eve
* The Lizzie Mcguire Movie
* The Palm Beach Story
* The Perfect Man
* The Seven Year Itch
* The Smiling Lieutenant
* The Spanish Apartment
* The Sweetest Thing
* The Tall Guy
* The Third Wheel
* The Wedding Date
* Three To Tango
* Under The Tuscan Sun
* View From The Top
* Woody Allen
Books about "Glossary of Romantic Comedy Films" in