Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Russian Painters"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Harrowing of Hades, an icon by Dionisius, from the Ferapontov Monastery.
- All the interior walls are covered with invaluable frescoes by the great medieval painter Dionisius.
- A Dionisius version of the Theotokos of Smolensk (ca.
- Ivan Aivazovsky is an outstanding Russian marine landscape painter active in the second half of XIX century.
- Ivan Aivazovsky was born in Feodosia in 1817.
- Ivan Aivazovsky is the most interesting phenomenon of 19th century art.
- Ivan Aivazovsky was a Russian painter of Armenian descent, most famous for his seascapes, which constitute more than half of his paintings.
- Ivan Aivazovsky was born on July 29, 1817, in Teodosiia (present-day Feodosiia), a town on the southeast coast of the Crimean peninsula.
- Vasily Perov is a Russian artist and one of the most predominating figures in Russian painting of the 1860s.
- Vasily Perov - The Vasily Perov paintings on this page are available from 1st-Art-Gallery as handmade reproductions on canvas.
- Vasily Perov is one of the most predominating figures in Russian painting of the 1860s.
- Vasily Perov was an illegitimate son of the baron G. K. Kridiner, an Arzamas prosecutor.
- Vasily Perov was the first who featured mostly in psychological portrait the complicated inner world of the person and his soul.
- Vasily Surikov is a Russian artist, active in the second half of the XIX century, famous for his historical paintings.
- Vasily Surikov was born on this date 160 years ago.
- Vasily Surikov was the foremost Russian painter of large-scale historical subjects.
- Vasily Surikov was very knowledgeable about Russian history, and his oil paintings deal with crucial moments.
- Ilya Repin is one of the best Russian artists active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Ilya Repin is a wonderful Russian historical artist.
- Ilya Repin was born in Kharkov, Russia in 1844, and studied at the Imperial Academy of Arts.
- Ilya Repin was born in the Ukraine on August 5, 1844, to a family a former military family then peasants.
- Ilya Repin is a well-known Russian artist.
- Aleksandra Ekster was best known as a designer.
- Evstafiev is a senior research associate and director of the Program on Domestic Politics and Security at the Moscow-based PIR Center.
- Benois was an occasional student at the Academy of Arts, St Petersburg- (1887-1888).
- Benois was one of the journal's leading critics (for a sample of his critical writing, see John Bowlt, "Russian Art of the Avant Garde" pp.
- Benois was the first artistic director of the Ballets Russes de Diaghilev, remaining until 1911 when a quarrel led to his departure.
- He studied at the school under the new teacher Vasily Polenov until 1886.
- Vasily Polenov depicted genre scenes, historical, biblical, and landscape paintings.
- From 1883, he and his brother lived and worked in Abramtsevo where he fell under the influence of Vasily Polenov.
- Feodor Vasilyev is a Russian landscape painter, active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Boris Kustodiev is a Russian artist of the XX century.
- Boris Kustodiev is a famous Russian artist of the early 20th century.
- Boris Kustodiev was born in Astrakhan into the family of a professor of philosophy, history of literature, and logic at the local theological seminary .
- Zinaida Serebriakova was born on the estate of Neskuchnoye near Kharkov (now Ukraine) into one of the most refined and artistic families of Russia.
- Zinaida Serebriakova was born on the estate of Neskuchnoye near Kharkov (now Ukraine) into one of Russia's most refined and artistic families.
- Andrei Rublev is a 1966 film about the painter by Andrei Tarkovsky.
- Andrei Rublev was born around 1370, a period of monastic revival.
- Andrei Rublev is a famous Russian painter of icons.
- Andrei Rublev is a unique and challenging masterpiece set in Medieval Russia, loosely based on the life of a real monk renowned for his Icon paintings.
- Andrei Rublev is probably the greatest looking film of all time.
- Wassily Kandinsky is a figurehead of modernist painting.
- Wassily Kandinsky is a Russian artist and art theoretician, founder of abstract painting.
- Wassily Kandinsky is a Russian painter, whose exploration of the possibilities of abstraction make him one of the most important innovators in modern art.
- Wassily Kandinsky is a favorite artist of mine.
- Wassily Kandinsky was a Russian painter, printmaker and art theorist.
- Viktor Vasnetsov was born in a remote village Lopyal of Vyatka guberniya in 1848.
- Viktor Vasnetsov was born in a remote village of Vyatka guberniya in 1848.
- Viktor Mikhailovich Vasnetsov is the Russian painter, master of historical and mythological genres, representative of Russian modernist style.
- Viktor Mikhailovich Vasnetsov was a painter whose works reveal an important facet of Russia 's art during the period of Russian Revival.
- Viktor Mikhailovich Vasnetsov is a Russian artist --- peredvizhnik of the 19th-20th Century.
- Valentin Serov is an outstanding Russian master, active in the end of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century.
- Valentin Serov is an intelligent approach to discussing not only a painter and his works, but how a period impinged upon and was transformed by an artist.
- Valentin Serov was born in St. Petersburg, the son of the well-known composer Alexander Serov.
- Valentin Serov was considered to be the greatest portraitist of his time.
- Svetoslav Roerich ( 1904 - January 9, 1993) Russian painter, son of Nicholas Roerich, studied from a young age under his father's tutelage.
- That is why, on the background of the modern world art Svetoslav Roerich is still an original and bright painter.
- In later years, she settled in Bangalore with her husband Svetoslav Roerich and built the Tataguni estate on Kanakpura road.
- Nicholas Roerich is a famous researcher and painter known in all over the world about Altai Mountains.
- Nicholas Roerich was a poet, artist and eminent man of learning who had emigrated from White Russia and settled in Paris.
- Kazimir Malevich is the most celebrated Russian artist of his generation, but there is little in his youth that would suggest this path.
- Kazimir Malevich was born in Kiev, one of six children, to Russified Poles.
- Isaac Levitan was born in a shtetl of Kibarti, Kaunas region, Lithuania, into a poor but educated Jewish family.
- Isaac Levitan is a famous Russian landscape painter of Jewish origin, active in the second half of the XIX century.
- Isaac Levitan was a friend of the writer, Anton Chekhov.
- Isaac Levitan was born in a shtetl of Kibarti, Kovno region, Lithuania, into a poor but educated Jew ish family.
- Isaac Levitan was born in a shtetl of Kibarti, Kovno region, Lithuania, into a poor but educated Jewish family.
- Feofan Grek oder Theophanes der Grieche (* vermutlich um 1330; --- um 1410) war ein griechischer Ikonenmaler aus Konstantinopel.
- The current building was built in 1374 and frescoed by Theophanes the Greek ( Feofan Grek or ------------ -------- in Russian) in 1378.
- A Wikimedia Commons tartalmaz Feofan Grek t--m--j-- m--dia--llom--nyokat.
- While at the Academy, he befriended Alexandre Benois, who would introduce him to Sergei Diaghilev and Leon Bakst.
- The artistic group was founded in 1898 by a group of students that included Alexandre Benois, Konstantin Somov, Dmitry Filosofov, Leon Bakst, Eugene Lansere.
- Her father, Yevgeny Nikolayevich Lansere, was a well-known sculptor, and her mother, who was Alexandre Benois's sister, was good at drawing.
- Alexey Venetsianov was a Russian painter, renown for his paintings devoted to the peasant life and ordinary people.
- Alexey Venetsianov is a Russian artist, active in the first half of the XIX century.
- Andrei Tarkovsky was a descendant of Al-Abbas, uncle of the prophet Muhammad.
- Andrei Tarkovsky was buried in a graveyard for Russian --migr--s in the town of Sainte-Genevi--ve-des-Bois, --le-de-France, France.
- Andrey Martynov is a painter and graphic artist.
- Antropov was active as a teacher of painting and an artist until his death in 1795.
- Antropov was born in St. Petersburg in 1716 in a family of a military carpenter.
- Arkhip Kuindzhi was born in January 1841 in Mariupol (present-day Ukraine), but he spent his youth in the city of Taganrog.
- Arkhip Kuindzhi was born in January 1841 in Mariupol (present-day Ukraine ), but he spent his youth in the city of Taganrog .
- The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul.
- The artist was Valentin Serov, a pupil of Repin's who first came to Abramtsevo in 1874 when he was nine.
- The artist was a member of Union of Russian Artists.
- The artist was able to impart a sinister atmosphere of the coming storm.
- The artist was also interested in designing stage scenery.
- Boguslavskaya is a member of the Russian PEN executive committee.
- Boris Mikhailovich Kustodiev is a famous Russian artist of the early 20th century.
- Boris Mikhailovich Kustodiev was born in 1878 in provincial district to merchant parents.
- The Cathedral was consecrated on the very day Alexander III was crowned, May 26, 1883.
- The Cathedral was the first church in the city to be built of stone (in 1712-33).
- The cathedral was designed by architect Zlatitsky in the Baroque style of the second part of the 18th century.
- The cathedral was named after a "miracle-making" icon of Our Lady of Kazan, which the church housed till the early 1930s.
- Catherine was extremely pleased with the results.
- Catherine was so pleased with his work that she brought him back to St. Petersburg.
- Catherine was the daughter of Samuil Skavronski, a Lithuanian peasant.
- The cemetery was built next to the 16th century Novodevichy Convent, immediately upon completion of the convent.
- The cemetery was founded in 1860, and has no separate section for Russian deceased.
- Chemiakin was born to a military family and spent his early years in the East Germany.
- Chkhaidze Omar is well-known Russian and Georgian artist.
- Old Tbilisi by Chkhaidze Omar.Lithograph on high quality artistic paper.
- Cubism was a 20th century art movement that revolutionized European painting and sculpture, and inspired related movements in music and literature.
- Cubism was their true source of inspiration.
- In 1915 David Burliuk published the book The Support of the Muses in Spring, with illustrations by Lentulov, and by David and Wladimir Burliuk.
- During his stay there David Burliuk painted some sketches and works with Australian views.
- In the same year he met Vladimir Mayakovsky and David Burliuk.
- Diaghilev was a leading figure in the association and it was him, who in formulated the artistic principles of the association.
- Diaghilev was the son of a major general and a noblewoman, who died in childbirth.
- Dmitry Levitzky is one of the best Russian portrait painters of the second half of the XVIII century.
- El Greco is one of the outstanding masters of the European Mannerism, active in the second half of the XVI century.
- El Greco was born in Crete, which was at that time part of the Republic of Venice, and the centre of Post-Byzantine art.
- El Lissitzky was born Lazar Markovich Lisitskii on November 23, 1890, in Pochinok, in the Russian province of Smolensk, and grew up in Vitebsk.
- El Lissitzky was among the few foreign artists that were commissioned to design a cover.
- The exhibition was a big success and was later shown in Chicago.
- The exhibition was accompanied with music and videofilm.
- The exhibition was forcefully broken-up by a large police force that included bulldozers and water cannons, hence the name.
- The exhibition was held in collaboration with the Third Room Foundation (Dusseldorf, Germany) and was based on the theme Children and the Future.
- The exhibition was organised in collaboration with the Center of Art Sociology.
- Extractions: Born in Moscow in 1866, Kandinsky spent his early childhood in Odessa.
- Extractions: To 'abstract' means to draw away from, to separate, not to refer to something particular anymore.
- Fedor Alekseev was born in Leningrad on September 8, 1952 in the family of actors.
- Fedor Rokotov is a famous Russian portrait painter active in the second half of the XVIII century.
- Fedor Rokotov was born into a family of peasant serfs, belonging to the Repnins.
- Fedotov was a prolific painter.
- Fedotov was an officer of the Imperial Guards of Saint Petersburg.
- Fedotov was only 37 years old when he died in a mental clinic.
- Culture > Arts > Painting > Russian Painters
- Places > World > Countries > Russia
- Culture > Languages > Language > Glossaries
* Franz Roubaud
* Graphic Design
* Igor Grabar
* Ivan Bilibin
* Ivan Kramskoy
* Ivan Nikitin
* Ivan Shishkin
* Kandinsky Wassily
* Klavdiy Lebedev
* Konstantin Korovin
* Konstantin Makovsky
* Konstantin Savitsky
* Konstantin Yuon
* Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin
* Leonid Pasternak
* Lissitzky El
* Marc Chagall
* Marie Bashkirtseff
* Marie Vassilieff
* Mikhail Evstafiev
* Mikhail Larionov
* Mikhail Vrubel
* Mir Iskusstva
* Nikolai Ge
* Omar Chkhaidze
* Orest Kiprensky
* Pavel Chistyakov
* Pavel Fedotov
* Pavel Filonov
* Pavel Korin
* Pavel Kuznetsov
* Pavel Tchelitchew
* Pyotr Konchalovsky
* Robert Falk
* Russian Painters
* Simon Ushakov
* Vasily Tropinin
* Victor Bregeda
* Vladimir Borovikovsky
* Vladimir Kush
* Zinaida Serebryakova
Books about "Glossary of Russian Painters" in