Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Southern Africa Geography Stubs"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Southern Africa is a dry land but there are many very green regions such as Kwazulu- Natal, a province of South Africa.
- Southern Africa is a region that includes several non-tropical countries in Africa.
- Southern Africa is one of the most exciting destinations on the planet.
- Southern Africa is the southernmost region of the African continent, variably defined by geography or geopolitics.
- South-West Africa was a German protectorate at the beginning of the 20th century.
- After German South-West Africa was taken over by the Union of South Africa in 1915, all harbour activities were transferred from Swakopmund to Walvis Bay.
- South-West Africa formally excluded Walvis Bay from the mandate and annexed it as an enclave though it became part of Namibia in 1994.
- The Agalega Islands are two islands in the Indian Ocean, lying 1,100 km (700 miles) north of Mauritius.
- The Agalega Islands are 1,100 kilometers from Mauritius, 3,000km from India and 1,800km from the US base at Diego Garcia.
- The Agalega Islands are 1,100 kilometres rom Mauritius, 3,000km from India and 1,800km from the US base at Diego Garcia.
- Angoche is a district and city of the province of Nampula, in Mozambique.
- Angoche is a district and village of the province of Nampula, in Mozambique.
- Angoche is a very strategic town as it is considered to be the centre for Muslim influence in northern Mozambique.
- Angoche is an old Muslim trading centre dating back to at least the 15th century.
- Ankarana Plateau is a small vegetated mountain range in northern Madagascar with elevations that exceed 1220 meters (4000 feet) above sea level.
- Join a team of naturalists as they trek to the island's isolated Ankarana plateau to study the exotic animals of this forbidding wildlife oasis.
- Located on the south side of the Passe d'Orangea, the entrance to Antsiranana Bay, about 3 km (2 mi) northeast of Ramena.
- The lighthouse is located on a small island in the middle of Antsiranana Bay, a large bay in northeastern Madagascar.
- Arandis was to become a sustainable municipality.
- Arandis is a constituency in the Erongo Region of Namibia.
- Arandis is the first town in the country to depend completely on pre-paid water.
- The Bazaruto Archipelago is a group of small islands situated approximately 40 kilometers off the coast of Mozambique.
- The Bazaruto Archipelago is a stunning series of pristine islands waiting to be discovered.
- The Bazaruto Archipelago is a well-known fishing destination, particularly for marlin and sailfish anglers.
- Bazaruto Island is part of the Bazaruto Archipelago National Park, one of the largest conservation areas in the Indian Ocean.
- Bazaruto Island is one of five principal islands in the Bazaruto Archipelago, which lies just 30km off the coast of Vilanculos in Inhambane Province.
- Bazaruto Island is one of Africa's premier scuba diving destinations.
- Benguela is a province of Angola.
- Benguela is a mere 23 ft.
- Benguela is a self - catering luxury home located in Constantia.
- Benguela is the capital of the province.
- Benguela: a city in Angola.
- Bindura is a hot spot because it is a ZANU-PF stronghold where opposing views are not tolerated.
- Bindura is a small town north of Harare where our HOPE head office is based.
- Bindura is a town in the province of Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe.
- Bindura is the capital of the province.
- Bindura was originally named Kimberley Reefs after gold mine which was opened here in 1901.
- Brandberg is a 120 million year old massif, isolated from other mountains by hundreds of miles of barren sand.
- Brandberg is a constituency in the Erongo Region of Namibia.
- Brandberg is a sought-after area for both mountaineers and backpackers.
- The Brandberg is a biodiversity site with an extensive database on the Museum's webpage.
- The Brandberg is a gazetted national monument with an area of more than 450 square kilometres.
- Butha-Buthe is a district of Lesotho.
- Butha-Buthe is a northern district of Lesotho.
- Butha-Buthe is the capital of the district, which has only that one town.
- Butha-Buthe is the capital of the district.
- Butha-Buthe is the capital or town of the district.
- Damaraland is a hot, hard land.
- Damaraland is a land of contrasting desert, rolling grassland and high mountain ranges, with unusual geological features, rock paintings and rare animals.
- Damaraland is a land of stark desert beauty.
- Damaraland is a large region with many attractions and is located east of Skeleton Coast National Park.
- Damaraland is a ruggedly beautiful region located inland from the Skeleton Coast.
- Eastern Highlands is a string of mountains that run some 300km from north to south.
- The Eastern Highlands are a beautiful place to visit.
- The Eastern Highlands are located where South Africa borders the Kingdom of Lesotho - a country of mountains and river sources often accessible on by pony.
- The Eastern Highlands are popular in regional tourism for hiking, golfing, horseback riding, and birdwatching.
- The Eastern Highlands is a mountain range in the east of Zimbabwe .
- Fianarantsoa is a city (commune urbaine) in south central Madagascar.
- Fianarantsoa - A page on the city that speaks about the area and its attractions.
- Fianarantsoa is a city in the Fianarantsoa Province of southeastern Madagascar.
- Fianarantsoa is a province Fianarantsoa of Madagascar with an area of 103,272 km-.
- Fianarantsoa is a province of Madagascar with an area of 103,272 km².
- Francistown is a city in Botswana .
- Francistown is a key town for travellers to the north and west of the country.
- Francistown is a major travel hub, with a railway station and airport serving as transit stops for those heading north and west to the safari-lands.
- Francistown is a stopping-off point for visitors on the way to the Okavango, Moremi and Chobe game reserves.
- Francistown is the oldest town in Botswana.
- The Great Dyke is a 450km-long mafic and ultramafic intrusive structure that runs through central Zimbabwe, with a maximum width of just 11km.
- The Great Dyke is a geological feature running through the heart of Zimbabwe for about 550 kilometres in a roughly north-south direction.
- The Great Dyke is a layered complex similar to that of the Bushveld Complex.
- The Great Dyke is a linear feature that trends nearly north-south through the center of Zimbabwe passing just to the west of the capital, Harare.
- The Great Dyke was first reported in 1867 by the explorer Carl Mauch .
- Gwanda is a rural area.
- Gwanda is a small isolated village, a beautiful place close to Tanzania near Lake Victoria but with a sad reputation.
- Gwanda is the capital of the province of Matabeleland South in Zimbabwe.
- Gwanda is the capital of the province of Matabeleland Southin Zimbabwe.
- Gwanda is the capital of the province.
- Huambo is a main hub in the Caminho de Ferro de Benguela (CFB) the Benguela Railway that runs from the port of Benguela to the Congo border.
- Huambo is a main hub on the Caminho de Ferro de Benguela (CFB) (the Benguela Railway) that runs from the port of Benguela to the Congo border.
- Huambo is a province of Angola.
- Huambo is a sub-office and there is a WFP warehouse and a food distribution point.
- Huambo is the capital of Huambo Province Huambo is a province of Angola.
- Hwange is a coal mining town,there is'nt much in the town.
- Hwange is a dry area with no natural waterholes or rivers, but lots of groundwater.
- Hwange is a haven for elephant and elephant lover.
- Hwange is a haven for wildlife and one of Africa's premier game parks.
- Hwange is a huge slice of the north western Zimbabwe's territory on the border with Botswana.
- Kaokoland is a special experience with visits to the temporary stay-overs of the Dorsland Trekkers.
- Kaokoland is a succession of hills and mountains punctuated by endless plains.
- Kaokoland is a vast area west of Etosha.
- Kaokoland is a wilderness in what is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world.
- Kaokoland is one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Southern Africa.
- Kariba is a 4,5 hour drive from Harare.
- Kariba is a city of Zimbabwe located in Mashonaland West.
- Kariba is a great inland sea, nested in mountains, guarded by enormous reserves of game and offering entertainment, relaxation, sport and adventure.
- Kariba is a popular lakeside resort in the north of Zimbabwe built around a man-made dam on the Zambezi River.
- Kariba is a popular tourist destination and affords visitors the opportunity to watch African wildlife in its almost natural environment.
- Lilongwe is a Capital with good infrastructures and perfect living conditions with a pleasant social life atmosphere.
- Lilongwe is a capital like I've never seen before, certainly poorer than one would expect of the government headquarters of a country.
- Lilongwe is a combination of the new and the old city that has a number of interesting restaurants, hotels and offices.
- Lilongwe is a district in the Central Region of Malawi.
- Lilongwe is a fertile agricultural area.
- Liwonde is a busy market and route centre to the south of Liwonde National Park and north of Zomba.
- Liwonde is a land of flood plain grasslands, reed swamps and floating meadows, the great Shire River carving a swathe along it's western boundary.
- Liwonde is a popular and much visited area in the region.
- Liwonde is the best national park in the country, well-managed with a good stock of game and beautiful scenery.
- Liwonde is the most well-known national park in the country, well-managed with a good stock of game and beautiful scenery.
- Lobito is a Benguela province port city and an important railway route for the southern region of Africa.
- Lobito is a city and a municipality of the province of Benguela , in Angola .
- Lobito is a city and a municipality of the province of Benguela.
- Lobito is a large, sheltered, natural harbour.
- Lobito is a town in the southwestern part of Angola, on the Atlantic Coast.
- Mafeteng is a busy town close to the Van Rooyenshek border post .
- Mafeteng is a district of Lesotho.
- Mafeteng is an administrative and commercial centre about 76 kilometres south of Maseru.
- Mafeteng is the camptown or capital of the district.
- Mafeteng is the capital city of Mafeteng District in Lesotho.
- Malanje is a province of Angola.
- Malanje is a province of north-east Angola .
- Malanje is the capital city of Malanje Province in Angola.
- Malanje is the capital of Malanje province, Angola.
- Malanje is the capital of the province.
- Mahajanga is a city on the north-west coast of Madagascar.
- Mahajanga is a favorite tourist destination for both Malagasy tourists and international travelers.
- Mahajanga is a nice town with a giant baobab at its sea side.
- Mahajanga is a province of Madagascar with an area of 150,023 km².
- Mahajanga is a province of Madagascar with an area of 150,023 km--.
- Mana Pools are former channels of the Zambezi.
- Mana Pools is a World Heritage Sight situated along the north eastern banks of The Zambezi River.
- Mana Pools is a World Heritage site and one of the most beautiful parks in Africa.
- Mana Pools is a special paradise of game.
- Mana Pools is a truly remote park.
- Manica is a district of Mozambique in the Manica Province with a population of 155,731 people.
- Manica is a privately owned mineral exploration company operating in southern and east Africa under the control of Dr. John Gurney and Dr. Peter Hildebrand.
- Manica is a province in Mozambique and Manicaland is the adjoining province in Zimbabwe.
- Manica is a province of Mozambique.
- Manica is a small town about an hour away from Chiomoio (which is the capital of the Manica province).
- MANGOCHI IS a lake-shore town, four hours drive north of Blantyre.
- Mangochi is a district in the Southern Region of Malawi.
- Mangochi is a district of Malawi.
- Mangochi is a very old town, founded by Sir Harry Johnston in 1891 to control the slave trade along the river and the southern lakeshore.
- Mangochi was once an important slaving centre and later a colonial administrative town known as Fort Johnston.
- Manzini is a district of Swaziland, located in the center -WEST of the country.
- Manzini is a market town in central Swaziland and is the nation's main industrial centre.
- Manzini is a market town in central Swaziland and is the nation's largest city and main industrial centre.
- Manzini is a senior manager attached to the two spy services.
- Manzini is the capital hub of the country.
- Maseru is a district of Lesotho.
- Maseru is a road and trade center for livestock, hides and skins, wool, and grain, all produced in the vicinity.
- Maseru is a sister city of Austin, Texas.
- Maseru is a small city for a capital, at least by some of the standards I---ve seen elsewhere in the world.
- Maseru is a young but growing city.
- Masvingo is a town in south eastern Zimbabwe and the capital of Masvingo Province.
- Masvingo is a province of Zimbabwe.
- Masvingo is a city of approximately 150,000 people.
- Masvingo is a must as this is where you will view the Great Zimbabwe Ruins.
- Masvingo is a particular case in point.
- Matola is a city in the south of Mozambique, with a population of 340,000, and lies to the west of the country's capital, the city of Maputo.
- Matola is a city in the south of Mozambique, with a population of 440,927 ( 1997 census), and lies to the west of the country's capital, the city of Maputo.
- Matola is a friend of one of those accused of carrying out the assassination, Anibal Antonio dos Santos Junior (known as "Anibalzinho").
- Matola is also the name of a small river (some 30 km long), that makes the northern border of the Matola municipality, and flows into Maputo Bay.
- Matola is an industrial centre with an important port for mineral ( chromium and iron) and other exports from Swaziland and South Africa.
- Mbabane is the administrative capital of the country while the legislative capital, Lobamba, is in the south.
- MBABANE: The main attractions in town are the Malls.
- Mbabane is a medium-sized town and the capital of Swaziland.
- Mbabane is the administrative capital and Mazini is the commercial hub, situated next to Matsapha Industrial estate.
- Mbabane is the administrative capital and largest town.
- Mulanje is a big mountain, one of the highest in Southern Africa, but it's not that difficult to conquer.
- Mulanje is a big mountain that covers 600 square kilometres.
- Mulanje is a district in the Southern Region of Malawi.
- Mulanje is a guides and porters branch present.
- Mulanje is a vast, isolated granite massif rising sharply and dramatically above the Phalombe Plain southeast of Blantyre.
- Mzimba is a district in the Northern Region of Malawi.
- Mzimba is a laidback town, with little change since the colonial era.
- Mzimba is the largest district in the northern region, accounting for 6.2 per cent of the country---s population, mainly the Ngonis.
- Mzimba was a delegate at this too.
- Mzimba was chosen to deliver one of the sermons.
- Nyika Plateau is a 3000 square kilometer wildlife sanctuary and is one of the most wonderful places in Africa for trekking.
- Nyika Plateau is a marvellous area for hiking, and has some unusual wildlife.
- The Nyika Plateau is a unique ecosystem and one of the world’s hotspots.
- The Nyika Plateau is a unique ecosystem and one of the world's hotspots.
- The Nyika Plateau is the remotest part of a remote country.
- Outjo is a constituency in the Kunene Region of Namibia.
- Outjo is a cattle ranching country set in a cluster of low hills and woodland savannah.
- Outjo is a small provincial town with a population of approx.
- Outjo is a small town in north-western Namibia .
- Outjo is a town in Namibia, located in Outjo Constituency.
- Oranjemund is a closed Diamond Mining town in the Namib Desert.
- Oranjemund is a constituency in the Karas Region of Namibia.
- Oranjemund is a town in the Northern Cape .
- Oranjemund is a work place where inhabitants are workers from different parts of the country.
- Oranjemund is the only town with access to a perennial river.
- Palapye is a populated place in Botswana (general), Botswana, Africa.
- Palapye is a semi-urban locality with an advanced infrastructure.
- Palapye is a large town in Botswana, situated about halfway between Francistown and Gaborone.
- Palapye is a large town in Botswana, situated halfway between Francistown and Gaborone.
- Palapye is a small town (population around 22 000) built around a coal-driven Power Station, Morupule Power Station.
- Piggs Peak is a world renowned casino in S Africa.
- Piggs Peak is a timber town in northwestern Swaziland high in the hills about an hour from Mbabane.
- Piggs Peak is a town in north western Swaziland.
- Piggs Peak is a well known gaming site and offers the all africa poker tournament which currently offers a R3,500,000 million tournament.
- Piggs Peak is a world renowned land casino in S Africa.
- Quthing is a disadvantaged area.
- Quthing is a district of Lesotho.
- Quthing is also known as Moyeni, meaning ‘Place of the Wind’.
- Quthing is the capital city or camptown of Quthing District in Lesotho.
- Quthing was established in 1877, abandoned in the Gun War of 1880, and then rebuilt at its present site – the southernmost town in Lesotho.
- Thaba-Tseka is a district of Lesotho.
- Thaba-Tseka is the capital city or camptown of Thaba-Tseka_District in Lesotho.
- Thaba-Tseka is the capital or town or camptown of the district.
- Thaba-Tseka is the capital or town or camptown of the district.Thaba-Tseka has one town.
* Balaka District
* Berea District
* Blantyre District
* Boteti River
* Brandberg Massif
* Buhera South
* Butha-Buthe District
* Cabo Delgado
* Cahora Bassa
* Chipinge North
* Chipinge South
* Chiradzulu District
* Chitipa District
* Comoro Islands
* Cuando Cubango
* Cuando River
* Cuanza Norte
* Cuanza River
* Cuanza Sul
* Dedza District
* Dowa District
* East Caprivi
* Fianarantsoa Province
* Fish River
* Gaza Province
* Ghanzi District
* Glen Norah
* Grand Port
* Great Usutu River
* Hurungwe East
* Karonga District
* Kasai River
* Kasungu District
* Kgalagadi District
* Kgatleng District
* Kweneng District
* Lago Dilolo
* Lake Makgadikgadi
* Lake Ngami
* Lebombo Mountains
* Leribe District
* Likoma District
* Lilongwe District
* Limpopo National Park
* Lunda Norte
* Lunda Sul
* Lundi River
* Lungwebungu River
* Lupata Gorge
* Machinga District
* Mafeteng District
* Mahajanga Province
* Makoni East
* Makoni North
* Mangochi District
* Mangoky River
* Manzini District
* Maputo Province
* Maputo River
* Marondera East
* Maseru District
* Mashonaland Central
* Mashonaland East
* Mashonaland West
* Masvingo Province
* Matabeleland North
* Matabeleland South
* Mchinji District
* Mokhotlong District
* Molopo River
* Monkey Bay
* Mount Karthala
* Mount Selinda
* Mozambique Channel
* Mulanje District
* Munhumutapa Empire
* Murehwa North
* Murehwa South
* Mutare South
* Mutasa North
* Mutasa South
* Mutoko North
* Mutoko South
* Mwanza District
* Mzimba District
* Nampula Province
* Nkhata Bay District
* Nkhotakota District
* Nossob River
* Nsanje District
* Okavango River
* Orapa Diamond Mine
* Piton Des Neiges
* Plaines Wilhems
* Port Mathurin
* Quatre Bornes
* Quthing District
* Roter Kamm Crater
* Ruvuma River
* Salima District
* Seke Rural
* Shire Highlands
* Shire River
* Sofala Bank
* South Africa
* Tete Province
* Thabana Ntlenyana
* Thyolo District
* Toamasina Province
* Ugab River
* Viphya Mountains
* West Nicholson
* Zimbabwe Midlands
Books about "Glossary of Southern Africa Geography Stubs" in