Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Stratovolcanoes"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Fuego was at Alert Level Yellow and pilots were advised to avoid flying near the volcano.
- The island is also known as Ilha Azul, the "Blue Island", due to a large quantities of Hydrangeas that bloom during summer months.
- This has created the Andes and volcanoes such as Cotopaxi and Azul.
- Com uma cratera de grandes dimens--es, est-- divida em duas partes, chamadas respectivamente de azul e verde.
- Acatenango is a 13,000 foot volcano just outside Antigua right next to the active Fuego Volcano.
- Acatenango is a stratovolcano in Guatemala , close to the city of Antigua .
- Acatenango is a stratovolcano in Guatemala.
- Acatenango is a towering stratovolcano in Guatemala in close proximity to the city of Antigua.
- Acatenango is an almost identical twin of nearby Volcan de Fuego.
- Acotango is a volcano located on the border between Bolivia and Chile.
- Acotango is the middle and highest of a group of Stratovolcano es straddling the border of Bolivia and Chile .
- Acotango is the middle and highest of a group of stratovolcanoes straddling the border of Bolivia and Chile .
- Acotango is the middle and highest of a group of stratovolcanos straddling the border of Bolivia and Chile.
- Discover information and deals on adams mount stratovolcanoes today.
- Area around Adams Mount Adams is surrounded by a variety of other volcanic features and volcano s.
- El día fue muy caluroso, pero familias de diferentes casas ofrecieron agua a aquellos que marchaban.
- La tranquilidad de ese paraje nos cautiv--, agua cristalina y calmada, fauna marina, y peces de colores jugando divertidos en un manto algoso de color verde.
- Sus aguas calmadas hicieron de manto refrescante y nos revitalizaron como fuente de agua de vida.
- Agua de Pau is a stratovolcano in central Sao Miguel Island .
- Agua de Pau is a stratovolcano in central part of S--o Miguel Island .
- Akaroa is a charming harbour village with a distinctive French flavour.
- Akaroa is a town on Banks Peninsula in the Canterbury region of the South Island of New Zealand .
- Almolonga is a city in Guatemala that provides medicinal sulfur baths, an up close look at every day agro-business and a taste of Guatemalan culture.
- Almolonga is a stratovolcano in southern Guatemala.
- Amak Island is a stratovolcano in Alaska.
- Amak Island is a stratovolcano in the north Pacific.
- Amak Island is a young, small volcano near the western tip of the Alaska Peninsula, 50km north of the otherwise sharp Aleutian volcanic front.
- Anatahan is a composite volcano that erupts lavas that are primarily dacitic in composition.
- Anatahan is a stratovolcano that contains the largest known caldera in the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Anatahan is one of the most active volcanoes of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Antisana is a rarely climbed peak in a remote and interesting part of Ecuador.
- Antisana is a volcano of the northern Andes , in Ecuador .
- Antisana is a volcano of the northern Andes, in Ecuador, 5,753 m high; also a village on its flanks, 13,000 ft high, the highest village in the world.
- Antisana is an unusual combination of an active glacial system located on an active volcano at the equator.
- Antofalla is a volcano in Argentina.
- Antofalla is a large and very remote stratovolcano in Catamarca Province in northwestern Argentina.
- Apo was first climbed on October 10 1880 by a party led by Don Joaquin Rajal.
- Discover information and deals on apo stratovolcanoes today.
- Apo Climbing Guide" for more information which you can find in National Bookstores.
- Aracar is a large conical stratovolcano in northwestern Argentina, just east of the Chilean border.
- Aracar is a steep-sided stratovolcano with a young-looking summit crater 1 km.
- Aracar is a steep-sided stratovolcano with a youthful-looking summit crater 1–1.5 km in diameter that contains a small lake.
- Aracar is a steep-sided stratovolcano with a youthful-looking summit crater 1-1.5 km in diameter that contains a small lake.
- Aracar was my first stop on my last day.
- Arenal Volcano is a perfectly shaped cone of more than 1,600 meters.
- The Arenal Volcano is a destination for scientists and tourists alike as it erupts on an average of 41 times a day.
- The Arenal volcano is a 1,633 meters (5,300 feet) high mountain, which is perfectly conically shaped with a crater of 140 meters.
- Asama is a stratovolcano.
- Askja is a popular tourist destination.
- Askja is part of the volcanic mountain range Dingjufj--------ll.
- Askja is an active volcano in the Odadahraun area, north of the Vatnajokull glacier.
- Atitlan is a volcano near the Lake Atitl---n in the Highlands of Guatemala.
- Atitlan is the largest rising 2400 m.
- Atitlan is the largest, Toliman is just to the north-east of Atitlan and San Pedro is across the Santiago bay.
- Augustine Volcano is a 8-11Km island located in the Lower Cook Inlet apporximately 70 miles west of Homer, Alaska.
- Augustine Volcano is a stratovolcano in southwestern Cook Inlet, southcentral coastal Alaska, 280 kilometres (180 miles) southwest of Anchorage.
- Augustine Volcano is a stratovolcano located near the mouth of Cook Inlet, approximately 175 miles (280 km) southwest of Anchorage, Alaska (Figure 1).
- Augustine Volcano is a stratovolcano on Augustine Island in southwestern Cook Inlet in the Kenai Peninsula Borough of southcentral coastal Alaska,.
- Augustine volcano is a conical-shaped, active stratovolcano located southwest of Anchorage, Alaska.
- Avachinsky is a classical Somma- Vesuvius type volcano located just 30 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Avachinsky is a large strato-volcano that began to form 60-70,000 years ago.
- Avachinsky is a typical volcano of the Somma-Vesuvius type.
- Avachinsky is a volcano on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the far east of Russia .
- Avachinsky is one of the most active stratovolcanoes on the Kamchatka peninsula.
- Baluran is a stratovolcano located on the island of Java .
- Baluran was considered by van Bemmelen (1949b) to be of Holocene age.
- Bezymianny is a stratovolcano with a destroyed summit.
- Bezymianny is a frequently active, explosive volcano whose last significant eruption was in October 1995 (Bulletin v.
- Bezymianny is a stratovolcano on the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia.
- Bezymianny is an active stratovolcano in Kamchatka , Russia .
- Bezymianny was at Concern Color Code Yellow, which meant an explosive eruption was possible in the following 4 weeks.
- Bridgeman Island is a very inhospitable looking place - the sides are very shear and it is rapidly eroding away.
- Bridgeman Island is an established name dating back to about 1820.
- Bridgeman Island is the remnants of a much larger volcanic edifice that is now largely submerged.
- Buckle Island is one of the three main islands in the uninhabited Balleny Islands group located in the Southern Ocean.
- Cabaray is a stratovolcano in Bolivia .
- Cameroon is a nation in west-central Africa.
- Cameroon is a diverse and multi ethnic country .
- Cameroon is a member of both the Commonwealth of Nations and La Francophonie.
- Cerro Escorial is a stratovolcano at the border of Argentina and Chile .
- Cerro Minchincha is a stratovolcano on the border of Bolivia and Chile .
- Chiginagak is a glacier-covered stratovolcano with a deep breach on the SW flank (right) that extends to its small summit crater.
- Chiginagak is a little-known volcano with no recent history of blowing its top or spewing lava.
- Chiginagak is a stratovolcano that stands 4,559 ft (1390 m) above the surrounding plain.
- Chiginagak is a symmetric stratovolcano located 110 miles (175 km) south of King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula.
- Chiginagak is a symmetric stratovolcano located 175 km (110 mi) south of King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano —a steep-sloped cone composed of alternating layers of hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano composed of hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano of 1817 m (5960 ft.
- Chikurachki is a stratovolcano-a steep-sloped cone composed of alternating layers or hardened lava, solidified ash, and volcanic rocks.
- Chikurachki is a young, basaltic 1816-m-tall stratovolcano on the northern coast of Paramushir Island, 370 km southwest of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Cold Bay Volcano is a 1,920-m (6,299-ft) stratovolcano at the southwest end of the Alaska Peninsula in the U.S. state of Alaska .
- The Cordon del Azufre is a small volcanic complex located in one of the remotest parts of the Central Andes, on the frontier between Argentina and Chile.
- Cordon del Azufre is a volcano complex at the border of Argentina and Chile.
- Cordon del Azufre is a small, inactive volcanic complex located on the Central Andes, at the border of Argentina and Chile.
- Cotopaxi is a snow-covered volcano with a perfect cone and Ecuador's highest active volcano.
- Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano in the Andes, located about 75 kilometres (50 mi) south of Quito, Ecuador.
- Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano.
- Cotopaxi is a subduction zone volcano, located where the Nazca oceanic plate is subducting underneath the continent of South America.
- Cotopaxi is a symmetrical cone rising over 10,000 feet above the surrounding plateau.
- Damavand is a 5671m high volcano, which is still slightly active.
- Damavand is a 5671m high.
- Damavand is a city in Tehran Province in Iran .
- Damavand is a dormant volcano located NE of Tehran.
- Damavand is a dormant volcano which is 5,670 meters (18,598 feet) in height.
- Domuyo is a stratovolcano in Argentina.
- Elgon are restricted to the afroalpine zone and no genuine mire was found in the Ericaceous belt or at lower zones.
- Elgon are water reservoirs for the Nile.
- Elgon is a 4,321m high extinct volcano which in prehistoric times stood taller than Kilimanjaro does today.
- Elgon is similar to other such volcanoes in East Africa in that it is associated with the formation of the Rift Valley.
- Elgon is the home of several tribes, who inhabit the lower slopes.
- El Altar is a long summit day with varied climbing.
- El Altar is a neat volcano.
- El Altar is an extinct volcano on the western side of Sangay National Park in Ecuador , 170 km south of Quito.
- El Altar is one of the most beautiful mountains in the world.
- El Altar is the remains of what was once a huge volcanic cone, probably well over 20,000 feet high.
- El Misti is a Quechua name, means the gentleman.
- El Misti is a Volcano located in southern Peru near the city of Arequipa .
- El Misti is a beautiful cone-shaped volcano in southern Peru.
- El Misti is a company that will promote Peruvian craftsmen through their craftsmanship.
- El Misti is a family-style restaurant that symbolized the Abarca--s dream.
- Etna is an extremely complex volcano, presenting considerable difficulties in classication.
- Etna is an isolated peak which dominates the eastern side of Sicily, around 18 miles (29 km) from Catania.
- Etna is an active volcano.
- Faial Island is a regular meeting point for yachts and other vessels crossing the Atlantic.
- Faial Island is an island of the Azores, its area is 169.94 km², and the population is 15,063.
- Faial Island is an island of the Central group of the Azores in Portugal.
- Falso Azufre is a complex volcano at the border of Argentina and Chile .
- Falso Azufre is a volcano complex at the border of Argentina and Chile .
- Farallon de Pajaros is uninhabited and is located at 20--32---42---N, 144--53---37---E. It has a land area of 2.55 km-- (0.985 sq mi).
- Farallon de Pajaros ligt ten noorden van de Maug-eilanden en ten zuiden van de Japanse Bonin- en Vulkaan-eilanden.
- The nine northern islands extend from Anatahan to Farallon de Pajaros and form part of the inner arc.
- Fuji was formed in four distinct phases of volcanic activity.
- Fuji was a synthesis of apala (a type of praise song of Yoruban origin) with sakara, a tambourine-drum.
- Fuji was a synthesis of apala with Islamic vocals and accompanied by the sakara, a tambourine-drum, and Hawaiian guitar.
- Fuji was named after Mount Fuji in Japan, purely for the sound of the word, according to Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister  .
- Fuji was named after Mount Fuji in Japan, purely for the sound of the word, according to Sikiru Barrister .
- The Funagata volcano was formed around 1.2 to 0.56 million years ago.
- Funagata volcano (------------) is a stratovolcano that consists of several different mountains.
- Mount Kurohana (---------) was traditionally considered part of the Funagata volcano.
- Furnas is a parish in the district of Povoa----o in the Azores .
- Furnas is a stratovolcano and are made up ot two caldeiras which dates back to approximately 30,000 years ago.
- Furnas is a stratovolcano and is made up of two caldeiras which date back to approximately 30,000 years ago.
- Furnas is a stratovolcano and is made up of two caldeiras which dates back to approximately 30,000 years ago.
- Furnas is a stratovolcano with a large summit caldera about 4 miles (6 km) in diameter and 1,000-1,200 feet (300-400 m) deep.
* Glacier Peak
* Hayes Volcano
* Hood Mount
* Hudson Mountains
* Klyuchevskaya Sopka
* Mawson Peak
* Mayon Volcano
* Mount Adagdak
* Mount Adams
* Mount Agung
* Mount Akutan
* Mount Amak
* Mount Amukta
* Mount Aragats
* Mount Ararat
* Mount Arayat
* Mount Bachelor
* Mount Baker
* Mount Bromo
* Mount Carlisle
* Mount Chimborazo
* Mount Cleveland
* Mount Douglas
* Mount Dutton
* Mount Elbrus
* Mount Erebus
* Mount Garibaldi
* Mount Griggs
* Mount Hood
* Mount Hudson
* Mount Iliamna
* Mount Jefferson
* Mount Kanaga
* Mount Kazbek
* Mount Mageik
* Mount Martin
* Mount Mazama
* Mount Mcloughlin
* Mount Meru
* Mount Morning
* Mount Ngauruhoe
* Mount Nyiragongo
* Mount Pinatubo
* Mount Rainier
* Mount Recheshnoi
* Mount Redoubt
* Mount Ruapehu
* Mount Saint Helens
* Mount Shasta
* Mount Shishaldin
* Mount Spurr
* Mount Tambora
* Mount Taranaki
* Mount Taylor
* Mount Thielsen
* Mount Tongariro
* Mount Unzen
* Mount Veniaminof
* Mount Vesuvius
* Narugo Volcano
* Nevadoes De Quimsachata
* Nevado Anallajsi
* Nevado Del Ruiz
* Nevado Sajama
* Ol Doinyo Lengai
* Pagan Island
* Patilla Pata
* Penguin Island
* Pico Island
* Puy De Sancy
* Raoul Island
* Sete Cidades
* Sierra Negra
* Soufriere Hills Volcano
* Sturge Island
* Taal Volcano
* Tangkuban Perahu
* Terceira Island
* Three Sisters
* Young Island
Books about "Glossary of Stratovolcanoes" in