Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Water Margin"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Song Jiang is the leader of 108 heros in "Water Margins" novel.
- Song Jiang was arrested and exiled to Jiangzhou , where he got into deeper trouble by writing a poem urging rebelion against the government.
- Song Jiang was arrested and exiled to Jiangzhou, where he got into deeper trouble by writing a poem urging rebellion against the government.
- Song Jiang was desperate and boarded Zhang Heng 's boat.
- Song Jiang was escorted as a prisoner to Qingzhou, but on the way the Qingfeng bandits attacked the guards and rescued him.
- Li Kui was a character in the Chinese folklore novel Water Margin.
- Li Kui is a character that is very difficult to like, but also very difficult to not like.
- Li Kui was so impressed with Jiao Ting and asked for his name, then invited Jiao Ting to join the Liangshan band.
- Li Kui was no match with Zhang Shun in water, and was soundly defeated there.
- Li Kui is a figure in the well-known novel called "The Marshland".
- Jiao Ting was one of the 108 Liangshan heroes found in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Jiao Ting was unfazed by both Li Kui's bravado or his fearsome beastly appearance.
- Fang Jie is a character in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Gao Lian is a character in the epic Chinese novel, the Water Margin.
- Gao Lian was a master of sorcery and he defeated the heroes in the first battle by conjuring up a whirlwind.
- Gao Lian was also said to know the art of sorcery.
- Gao Lian was furious and had Chai Jin locked up in the prison, disregarding Chai Jin's power and status.
- Gao Lian was the cousin of Gao Qiu , the high-ranking, but corrupt, official in the Imperial Court and nemesis of the Liangshan heroes.
- Fang La was a rebel in the Song Dynasty and nemesis of the 108 heroes of Liangshan in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Fang La was by occupation a ------ or manual labourer.
- Fang La was eventually captured after an elaborate infiltration scheme involving Chai Jin and he was gagged and tied up by Lu Zhishen.
- Fang La was first defeated by Tong Guan's army, and then crushed by Liu Zhen's army.
- Fang La was one of them.
- Ding De-sun (---------) is a character in the epic Chinese tale the Water Margin.
- Gong Wang was Zhang Qing 's loyal servant alongside with Ding De-sun.
- Valeureux capitaine aux ordres de Zhang Qing, l'ultime adversaire des bandits, Ding De-Sun a le visage couvert de cicatrice.
- Dai Zhong is a character in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Dai Zhong was said to posses a method that allowed him to travel through great distances in a small amount of time.
- Hua Rong is also a major character in the epics of Chinese tale called Water Margin.
- Hua Rong was actually a military commander of the Qingfeng Fort in the province of Qingzhou before he joined the Liangshan cause.
- Hua Rong was also a part of the various military campaigns which were organized against the imperial troops.
- Hua Rong was born with red lips and white teeth, a handsome and youthful face, with a narrow waist and broad shoulders.
- Hua Rong was one of the last heroes standing after Liangshan was granted amnesty and fought against the enemies of the government.
- Huang Wenbing was an official in the Chinese Water Margin who almost caused Song Jiang to be executed.
- Huang Wenbing was an official in the Chinese novel Water Margin who almost caused Song Jiang to be executed.
- Gu Dasao was one of the rare female characters amongst the 108 Liangshan heroes in the Water Margin.
- Gu Dasao was also his sister-in-law, of which Xie Zhen and Xie Bao were her cousins.
- Gu Dasao was one of the rare female characters amongst the 108 Liangshan heroes in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Gu Dasao was one of the three female characters among the Liangshan heroes and was married to Sun Xin.
- Huyuan Zhuo is a greatly respected hero in Liangshan in the Water Margin.
- Meng Kang was one of the 108 Liangshan bandits in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Meng Kang was also in the ranks at this time.
- Meng Kang was tall and had a pale complexion, thus earning him the nickname 'Jade flagpole' (玉幡竿).
- Meng Kang was trapped and eventually blasted into bits by cannon fire.
- Meng Kang was trapped and eventually killed by cannon fire (which hit his head).
- Shi Jin is the first hero to appear in the novel.
- Shi Jin was impressed and was willing to be Wang’s disciple, learning martial arts from the instructor.
- Shi Jin was moved and he released Chen.
- Shi Jin was touched and he released Chen Da.
- Shi Jin was touched by their strong sense of brotherhood and immediately released Chen.
- Zhou Tong was a master archer.
- Zhou Tong was also master of an ancient art known as "Elephant Style".<ref In Chinese, elephant is pronounced Xi--ng (---).
- Zhou Tong was also master of an ancient art only known as " Elephant ".
- Zhou Tong was ambushed by Lu Zhishen and given a good beating.
- Zhou Tong was impressed and agreed to give up his position and allow Li Zhong to be the new chief, which Li agreed.
- The Water Margin was a successful Japanese television adaptation of the story, which was sold to many other countries.
- The Water Margin was in fact written by Shi Nai Yan and edited by Luo Guan Zong as mentioned in a symposium for the Water Margin.
- Water Margin is a classic text; there are some at most 200 characters in Water Margin.
- Water Margin is a well known novel from China, featuring about 108 heroes gathered at Mount `Liang Shang`.
- Water Margin is generally based upon the historical bandit Song Jiang (------) and his 36 companions.
- The Water Margin is one of the four greatest Chinese novels in history and is a folk legend very similar to ‘Robin Hood’.
- The water margin are a 4 piece heavy metal band from a small town called pontefract.
- Jiang Jing (------), nicknamed the 'Magic Mathematician' (---------), was a figure in the epic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Then, Jiang Jing went back to Tanzhou and lived peacefully as a commoner.
- Jiang Jing became an accountant in Liangshan, and was in charge of making records of their exports and imports of provisions.
- An Dao-quan was one of the two physicians amongst the 108 Liangshan heroes in the classic Chinese tale, the Water Margin.
- Despite facing severe torture, Bai Sheng refused to disclose the names of the other people who robbed the birthday gifts.
- Chao Gai and his friends then later bought the wine which was not drugged from Bai Sheng and drank it, showing the guards that the wine was alright.
- Huangni Ridge was located near Anle Village, so Chao and his friends stayed at Bai Sheng's house and waited.
- Bandits are find in the southeast of the lake in WSC(after the snakes).
- The bandits are always portrayed in an excellent light no matter what they do.
- Bao Xu was originally a bandit king on Kushu Mountain in Kouzhou.
- The brothers were born in a wealthy family in Jieyang Town.
- The brothers were bribed by Lu's servant to kill Lu, but the intervention of Chai Jin saved the day.
- The brothers were ferrymen on the Yangtze River, though Zhang Shun later became a fish market owner.
- The brothers were later reunited after a long period of time.
- The brothers were well-known in the town and had a great influence on the people.
- Cai Fu was from Beijing and served as an executioner in the prison.
- Cai Jing was furious when he heard that his birthday gifts had been robbed and ordered the local government to arrest the robbers.
- Cai Jiu was furious and had Dai Zong arrested as well and both Song and Dai were to be executed.
- Cai Jiu was furious and had Dai Zong arrested as well.
- Cai Qing was one of the survivors after the deadly battle against Fang La .
- Cai Qing was the younger brother of Cai Fu, and served as an executioner and jailer in Damingfu, Beijing with his brother.
- Chai Jin was always willing to help those in need, and got to know many heroes, thus he was greatly respected and loved by the people.
- Chai Jin was appointed one of the two treasurers.
- Chai Jin was born with eyebrows like those of a dragon, eyes like a phoenix's and red lips with white teeth.
- Chai Jin was rescued after being hidden in a dry well by Gao Lian for days.
- Chao Gai was drinking wine with Wu Yong, Gongsun Sheng and Liu Tang beneath a grape arbor in the rear garden.
- Chao Gai was elected leader of the Liangshan bandits.
- Chao Gai was then elected to be the new leader.
- Once, Chen Da ignored Zhu Wu's warnings and went to attack Shi Jin 's village, but was caught by Shi Jin.
- Chief of a gang with Chen Da and Yang Chun, he will first fight against Shi Jin.
- When Chen Da wanted to lead the bandits to rob a county for food, Zhu Wu and Yang Chun warned Chen Da about Shi Jin, but Chen Da went anyway.
- An Daoquan was from Jiankangfu, and inherited medical skills passed down by his ancestors.
- An Daoquan was then forced to join Liangshan.
- Deng Fei was Yang Lin 's friend, and once Yang Lin and Dai Zong passed by Yinma River, they met Deng Fei and his gang, then became fast friends.
- Deng Fei was furious and tried to avenge Suo, but Shi Bao was faster than him, and eventually Deng Fei was sliced into two by Shi Bao.
- Dong Ping is the military commander of DongPing.
- Because of his red hair and yellow beard, Duan Jing-zhu is called the Golden Dog.
- Duan Jing-zhu, also known as the Golden Dog wishes to offer a beautiful white-haired horse to Song Jiang because he heard of his worth and sense of justice.
- This wonderful horse belongs to a prince of the Jing Kingdom but, on his way back, Duan Jing-Zhu has been stolen away by the 5 sons of Zeng family.
- Du Qian was one of the pioneers of Liangshan.
- Du Xing happened to be the housekeeper of Li Ying, the master of the Li Family Village.
- Du Xing spent his time in prison by chatting with the chief jailer Yang Xiong about martial arts, and they became good friends.
- Du Xing also decided to resign and he went back with Li Ying, where he enjoyed a peaceful and luxurious life till the end of his days.
- Fang Xi was by occupation a lumberjack.
- Fang Xi was by occupation a ------ or manual labourer.
- Fang Xi was eventually captured after an elaborate infiltration scheme involving Chai Jin and he was gagged and tied up by Lu Zhishen.
- Fang Xi was one of them; the others being Tian Hu and Wang Qing.
- The fight was later stopped by Zhang Qing who returned home and he became sworn brothers with Wu Song as well.
- The fight was probably fought by local rules rather than London rules.
- Gao Qiu is also the cousin of Gao Lian, an equally corrupt government official.
- Gao Qiu was furious with Lu and ordered the temple abbot to chase Lu out.
- Gongsun Sheng was ranked fourth, Guan Sheng fifth, while Lin Chong was ranked sixth.
- Gong Wang is called the Flowery Necked Tiger because he has a tiger tattoed all over his body, with its head decorating his neck.
- Gong Wang was Zhang Qing 's loyal servant alongside with Ding De-sun.
- The governor was delighted and despatched Li Yun with another thirty men to escort Li Kui back to the county office.
- The governor was shaken, but Dong Ping calmed him down and suggested killing the envoys.
- Guan Sheng is a Taiwan-based telescope manufacturer.
- Guan Sheng is a leader in optical telescopes and accessories and their products have established a proven reputation in the Amateur Astronomy community.
- Guan Sheng was some sort of -police-chief.- Xuan Zan was a low ranking officer because he fell out of favor with his father-in-law, the Jun-Prince.
- Guan Sheng was tricked into a trap by Huyuan Zhuo and was caught.
- Guan Yu is a playable character in the Koei game Dynasty Warriors.
- Guan Yu is a playable warrior with his own pack of support cards in the second set of Anachronism (game).
- Guan Yu is also a playable character in the game Sangokushi.
- Guan Yu is the guardian of the temple and the garden in which it stands.
- Guan Yu was also a year older than Liu Bei, not younger.
- Song Jiang managed to persuade Lu Fang and Guo Sheng to join the Liangshan band.
- After Song Jiang had obtained amnesty from the emperor, Guo Sheng followed the heroes on their campaigns.
- In Jinyong 's Legend of the Condor Heroes, Guo Sheng was said to be the ancestor of the protagonist Guo Jing.
- Han Tao was from Dongjing and proved to be excellent in martial arts.
- Han Tao was from Dongjing(not Tokyo ), and proved to be excellent in martial arts.
- Only 30-odd heroes survived the brutal war, and many of them were killed by Fang's men in gruesome ways, such as Qin Ming and Hao Si-wen.
- Fang is best known as one of the southern rebel Fang La 's officers, and he was the one who killed Liangshan 's Hao Si-wen in battle.
- Chaudement recommandé par Hao Si-wen, il prendra les commandes de son avant-garde aux côtés de Han Tao.
* Cao Zheng
* Hao Siwen
* Hou Jian
* Huangfu Duan
* Huang Xin
* Hu San Niang
* Jin Da-Jian
* Kong Liang
* Kong Ming
* Lei Heng
* Ling Zhen
* Lin Chong
* Liu Bei
* Liu Tang
* Li Gun
* Li Jun
* Li Ying
* Li Yun
* Li Zhong
* Lu Fang
* Lu Junyi
* Lu Zhishen
* Ma Lin
* Mount Liang
* Mu Chun
* Mu Hong
* Ou Peng
* Pan Rui
* Pei Xuan
* Peng Qi
* Qin Ming
* Ruan Brothers
* Ruan Xiaoer
* Ruan Xiaoqi
* Ruan Xiaowu
* Shi-Wen Gong
* Shi En
* Shi Qian
* Shi Xiu
* Shi Yong
* Song Qing
* Song Wan
* Sun Xin
* Suo Chao
* Tang Long
* Tao Zong-Wang
* Tong Guan
* Tong Meng
* Wang Lun
* Wang Ying
* Wei Ding-Guo
* Wu Song
* Wu Yong
* Xiang Chong
* Xiao Rang
* Xie Zhen
* Xuan Zan
* Xue Yong
* Yang Chun
* Yang Lin
* Yang Xiong
* Yang Zhi
* Yan Qing
* Yan Shun
* Yue Fei
* Zhang Qing
* Zhang Shun
* Zhang Wenyuan
* Zhao Yun
* Zheng Tian-Shou
* Zhu Fu
* Zhu Gui
* Zhu Tong
* Zhu Wu
* Zou Run
* Zou Yuan
Books about "Glossary of Water Margin" in