Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of World Heritage Sites"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- World Heritage Sites are some of the most recognised locations around the world.
- The World Heritage sites are thus forced to look for alternative sources of funding.
- The World Heritage sites are to be studied and monitored by many ways.
- World Heritage sites are located in more than 140 countries.
- World Heritage sites are places around the world that have been internationally recognized for their outstanding value as natural and cultural treasures.
- Afghanistan is a culturally mixed nation, a crossroads between the East and the West, and has been an ancient focal point of trade and migration.
- Afghanistan is a geographically landlocked country in Southern Asia.
- Afghanistan is a land-locked and mountainous country in central Asia, with plains in the north and southwest.
- Afghanistan is a land-locked mountainous country, with plains in the north and southwest.
- Afghanistan is a landlocked and mountainous country in South - Central Asia, with plains in the north and southwest.
- Albania is a Mediterranean country in southeastern Europe.
- According to the Albanian scholar Fak bey Konitza, the term "Albania" did not displace "Illyria" completely until the end of the fourteenth century.
- Albania is a cash economy.
- Albania is a member of the United Nations, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Council of Europe as well as World Trade Organization.
- Albania is a parliamentary republic with a Parliament elected in a seriously flawed process.
- Austria is a largely mountain ous country due to its location in the Alps.
- Austria is a largely mountainous country due to its location in the Alps.
- Austria is a member of the European Union and the Eurozone.
- Austria is a member of the Schengen Agreement so visas are valid for 24 other countries.
- Austria is a member of the United Nations and the European Union since 1995.
- Belarus is a country with ancient and rich history and unique culture.
- Belarus is a State Party of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), which it ratified in 1996.
- Belarus is a country situated in the heart of Europe, right on the split of the Baltic Sea and Black Sea.
- Belarus is a graphic example of the problems created when an industrial "colony" becomes independent.
- Belarus is a landlocked nation in Eastern Europe.
- Bulgaria - an ancient land As a state established by khan Asparoukh, Bulgaria has been existing for more than 13 centuries.
- Bulgaria is a compact country with cheap and accessible transportation.
- Bulgaria is a country in Eastern Europe on the western side of the Black Sea.
- Bulgaria is a country in Southeastern Europe.
- Bulgaria is a country in Southern Europe.
- Canada is a bilingual country with two official languages, English and French.
- Canada is a country occupying most of northern North America.
- Canada is a federal Constitutional monarchy with parliamentary democracy.
- Canada is a federation composed of ten provinces and three territories; in turn, these may be grouped into regions.
- Canada is a geographically vast and ethnically diverse country.
- China : a historical and cultural dictionary.
- China is a communist state.
- China is a county synonymous with architectural wonders.
- China is a vast country.
- China is an active participant in the UN Environment Program and a signatory to the Basel Convention governing the transport and disposal of hazardous waste.
- The Czech Republic is a major tourist destination within the context of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Czech Republic is a country in central Europe that became independent on Jan.
- Czech Republic is a landlocked republic in central Europe.
- The Czech Republic is a major tourist destination.
- The Czech Republic is a pluralist multi-party parliamentary representative democracy, where the Prime Minister is the head of government.
- Ecuador is one of the most environmentally diverse countries in the world, and it has contributed notably to the environmental sciences.
- Ecuador is a country in South America.
- Ecuador is a plurinational state.
- Ecuador is called or known also as the "hummingbird Country".
- Ecuador is the Spanish word for equator.
- Egypt is a land bustling with life, sound, visual beauty and excitement.
- Egypt is a desert country bisected by the Nile and its delta.
- Egypt is a conservative country and visitors should respect this attitude.
- Egypt is a land of climatic contrast with marked differences between the coastal Mediterranean climate and the hot dryness of the interior.
- Egypt is a large country located in north-eastern Africa.
- Finland is a country of lush forests and vast woodlands.
- Finland is a country of thousands of lakes and islands; 187,888 lakes (larger than 500 m²) and 179,584 islands to be precise .
- Finland is a country of thousands of lakes and islands; 187,888 lakes (larger than 500 m--) and 179,584 islands to be precise.
- Finland is a country of thousands of lakes and islands; 187,888 lakes and 179,584 islands to be precise.
- Finland is a democratic republic with a semi-presidential system and parliamentarism.
- Georgia is a country in Eurasia in the South Caucasus.
- Georgia is a representative democracy, organized as a secular, unitary, semi-presidential republic.
- Georgia was absorbed into the Russian Empire in the 19th century.
- Georgia was under British protection from 1918-1920.
- Greece is a country located in the Southeastern part of Europe.
- Greece is a member of the European Union since 1981.
- Greece is a member of the European Union, NATO, an important ally that occupies a very strategic position.
- Greece is a parliamentary republic whose constitution was last amended in April 2001.
- Greece is a wonderful cruise and holiday destination.
- Guatemala is a country of distinct fauna.
- Guatemala is a country in Central America.
- Guatemala is a country in the Central America region of North America.
- Guatemala is a democratic nation with a traditionally cooperative relationship with the United States.
- Guatemala is a great place to learn Spanish.
- Honduras is a country full of Folklore, its famous Lluvia de Peces (Rain of fishes) is unique in the world.
- Honduras is a country full of Folklore.
- Honduras is a country situated in Central America, bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean.
- Honduras is a country situated in Central America.
- Honduras is a democratic country and a close ally in the Central American region.
- Hungary is a great survivor of history.
- Hungary is a great starting point for an extended tour with its capital city of Budapest.
- Hungary is a land of thermal water.
- Hungary is a landlocked country.
- Hungary is a member of OECD, NATO, EU and a Schengen state.
- India is one exotic abode that have numerous World heritage sites.
- India is a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement and the United Nations (as part of British India ).
- India is a proud owner of disparate world heritage sites.
- India is one of the founding members of the Non-Aligned Movement.
- India is the world's twelfth largest economy at market exchange rates and the third largest economy in purchasing power.
- Indonesia is a country in Southeast Asia that consists of more than 13,600 islands.
- Indonesia is a major nation situated in a strategic region.
- Indonesia is a republic based on the 1945 constitution providing for a limited separation of executive, legislative, and judicial power.
- Indonesia is a republic based on the 1945 constitution providing for a separation of executive, legislative, and judicial power.
- Indonesia is a republic with a presidential system.
- Iran is a diverse country consisting of people of many religions and ethnic backgrounds cemented by the Persian culture.
- In that year Reza Shah asked the international community to call the country by the name "Iran".
- Iran : An interesting country and place to visit, do business, and possibly vacation in.
- Iran is a founding member of the United Nations organization and also a member of the Organization of the Islamic Conference and the Non-Aligned Movement.
- Iran is also the world's preeminent sponsor of extremist Islamic and Palestinian groups, providing funds, weapons, and training.
- Italy is called il Belpaese ("beautiful country") by its inhabitants, due to the beauty and variety of its landscapes.
- Italy are classed at a tier-one nation by the International Rugby Board.
- Italy is a admired destination for tourists, there's no doubt about.
- Italy is a founding member of the European Community, European Union and NATO.
- Italy is part of the Eurozone, so the common currency of the European Union, the Euro (€), is legal tender in Italy.
- Japan is an archipelago nation with Tokyo as its capital, and is situated to the east of the Chinese mainland.
- Japan is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government, much like that of the United Kingdom.
- Japan is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government.
- Japan is a representative democracy, and the Diet (parliament) is the highest organ of state.
- Japan is an island country in East Asia.
- Jordan is a fairly young nation, although its people have lived in the region for many centuries.
- Jordan is a constitutional monarchy based on the constitution promulgated on January 8 1952.
- Jordan is a constitutional monarchy with two legislative houses; the head of state and government is the king, assisted by the prime minister.
- Jordan is a constitutional monarchy.
- Jordan is a highly urbanized country.
- Latvia is a country of splendid and diverse natural landscapes.
- Latvia is a country with a history of a millennia.
- Latvia is a European nation that regained its independence in 1991, after more than 50 years of forced annexation to the Soviet Union.
- Latvia is a NATO member since March 29, 2004.
- Latvia is a democratic parliamentary republic and is divided into 26 districts.
- Lebanon is a small country with a varied landscape consisting of beaches, mountains, valleys, forests and woodlands.
- Lebanon is a multi-confessional nation.
- Lebanon is a participant in the Asian (football) Club Championship.
- Lebanon is a small, beautiful and largely mountainous country located in the Middle East, at the eastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Lebanon is a suburb of Pittsburgh seven miles south of Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Mexico is a large country, therefore having many cultural traits found only in some parts of the country.
- Mexico is a racially and ethnically diverse country.
- Mexico is a Megadiverse country.
- Mexico is a country in North America and the largest Spanish -speaking country in the world.
- Mexico is a republic with three branches of government.
- Morocco is an ethnically diverse country with a rich culture and civilization.
- Morocco is a country in the northwestern corner of Africa.
- Morocco is a de jure constitutional monarchy with an elected parliament.
- Morocco is a net exporter of fruits and vegetables, and a net importer of cereals; over 90% of agriculture is rain-fed.
- Morocco is a party to the 1988 UN Drug Convention and in 1992 Morocco passed legislation designed to implement the Convention.
- Mostar is an important tourist centre in the country.
- Mostar is a city and municipality in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the center of the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton of the Federation.
- Mostar is a city in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the center of the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton of the Federation.
- Mostar is a city in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Mostar is a city in southwestern Bosnia and Herzegovina, on the Neretva River.
- Nepal is the birthplace of Lord Buddha, the Light of Asia.
- Nepal is a developing country with an agricultural economy.
- Nepal is a land of Festivals with some part of the Kingdom or the other celebrating some festival during everyday of the year.
- Nepal is also a signatory of the agreement on South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA), which came into force on January 1, 2006.
- Nepal is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of bio-diversity due to its unique geographical position and altitudinal variation.
- Norway is a land of high mountains andfjords that cut far inland.
- Norway is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government.
- Norway is a constitutional monarchy.
- Norway is a country of socio-economic equality with a high standard of living and a homogeneous population.
- Norway is a founding member of NATO.
- Oman is a very ancient word and appears on very old maps.
- Oman is a monarchy that has developed rapidly in the past 30 years.
- Oman is a safe country and crimes rarely happen as the Royal Oman Police is very efficient and honest.
- Oman is a signatory of most UN-sponsored anti-terrorism treaties.
- Oman is an active member in international and regional organizations, notably the Arab League and the GCC.
- Pakistan is also the birthplace of two major world religions including Sikhism and Mahayana Buddhism.
- Pakistan was a very poor and predominantly agricultural country at the time of its independence in 1947.
- Pakistan was created after the breakup of British India.
- Pakistan was one of three countries to recognize the Taliban regime of Afghanistan.
- Pakistan was the site of Iranian-sponsored terrorism.
- Peru is a nation of mixed ethnic origins.
- Peru is a complex amalgam of ancient and modern cultures, populations, conflicts, questions, and dilemmas.
- Peru is a land of enormous contrasts in landscape and climate.
- Peru is a multiethnic nation formed by the combination of different groups over five centuries.
- Peru is a presidential representative democratic republic with a multi-party system.
- Prussia was a kingdom in northern Germany from 1618 until 1867 when it became part of Germany.
- Prussia was anxious to annex Polish territory separating Brandenburg and Prussia.
- Prussia was now recognized as a great power.
- Prussia was strong, but she could not fight England, Russia, and France combined.
- Prussia was the second largest, while next after Prussia, and much smaller, came the kingdoms of Bavaria, Saxony, Hanover, and Wurtemburg.
- Russia is an agricultural country, and must ship her grain to countries that are more densely inhabited, to exchange it for their manufactures.
- Russia is classified as belonging to the Europe and North America zone, together with Cyprus and the Caucasus States.
- Russia is the coldest country of the world.
- Russia is the largest partner for Belarus in the economic and political fields.
- Russia is the most ethnically diverse population out of the 15 union republics of the former Soviet Union, with more than 70 distinct nationalities.
- South Africa is a birder's paradise, offering a great variety of typically African birds, migrants and endemics.
- South Africa is a dual economy with an underdeveloped sector made up primarily of poor urban and rural blacks.
- South Africa is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- South Africa is a member of the Group of 77 and chaired the organisation in 2006.
- South Africa is a nation of more than 43 million people of diverse origins, cultures, languages, and religions.
- South Korea is a land of ancient traditions that is reflected in various forms.
- South Korea is a major economic power and one of the wealthiest countries in Asia.
- South Korea is a major emoconic power and one of the wealthiest countries in Asia.
- South Korea is a mountainous country.
- South Korea is a republic and is headed by a President, who is elected by the voters directly.
- Spain is a country in Western Europe famous for its colourful bullfights, sunny climate, and beautiful story-book castles.
- Spain is a constitutional monarchy organised as a parliamentary democracy and has been a member of the European Union since 1986, and NATO since 1982.
- Spain is a constitutional monarchy, with a hereditary monarch and a bicameral parliament, the Cortes Generales or National Assembly.
- Spain is a constitutional monarchy, with a hereditary monarch and a bicameral parliament, the Cortes Generales.
- Spain is a constitutional monarchy, with a hereditary monarch and a bicameral parliament, the Cortes or National Assembly.
- Suriname is a blending of cultures; immigrants from all parts of the world settled in this country and brought with them their ethnic food customs.
- Suriname is a South American nation formerly known as Dutch Guiana.
- Suriname is a South-American country (geographically, but historically, culturally and economically a Caribbean one), which was a Dutch colony until 1975.
- Suriname is a democracy based on the 1987 constitution.
- Suriname is a democracy governed by a president, assisted by a vice president and cabinet ministers.
- Syria is a living folklore.
- Syria is a colourful country in a black-and-white world.
- Syria is a middle-income, developing country with a diversified economy based on agriculture, industry, and energy.
- Syria is a middle-income, developing country with an economy based on agriculture, oil, industry, and tourism.
- Syria is a traditional society with a long cultural history.
- Tanzania is a large country in eastern Africa that borders the Indian Ocean.
- Tanzania is a meber state of EAC a regional intergovernmental organization.
- Tanzania is a republic.
- Tanzania is an eastern African nation on the Indian Ocean.
- Tanzania is one of the poorest countries in the world.
- Thailand is a constitutional monarchy.
- Thailand is a large country, and if sitting in a bus for 11 hours is not your idea of a fun time, you may well want to consider domestic flights.
- Thailand is a shopper's paradise and many visitors to Bangkok in particular end up spending much of their time in the countless markets and malls.
- Thailand is the land of smiles, so losing your temper in public is not allowed.
- Thailand is the most popular tourist destination in South-East Asia, and for a reason.
- Tunisia is a Muslim Arab country situated on the North African Mediterranean coast.
- Tunisia is a blend of jagged mountains and undulating coastline.
- Tunisia is a country in north Africa.
- Tunisia is a country situated on the Mediterranean coast of North Africa, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Valley.
- Tunisia is a founding member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and is publicly committed to a free trade regime and export-led growth.
- Ukraine is a State Party to the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), which it ratified in 1998.
- Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe.
- Ukraine is a republic under a mixed semi-parliamentary semi-presidential system with separate legislative, executive, and judicial branches.
- Ukraine is a republic under a semi-presidential system with separate legislative, executive, and judicial branches.
- Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe, after Russia.
- The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy with the capital located in London, England.
- The United Kingdom is a parliamentary democracy with its seat of government in London, the capital.
- The United Kingdom is a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, a member of the G8 and NATO, and a member state of the European Union.
- The United Kingdom is a political union made up of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The United Kingdom is a small nation, roughly the size of Colorado or Oregon.
- The United States is a major donor of humanitarian aid to Sudan, and the U.S. has welcomed steps toward peace in the country.
- The United States is a member of the commission and has generally accepted the work of the experts.
- The United States is also an important trading partner.
- The United States is the country's largest trading partner, providing 34.5% of Guatemala's imports and receiving 46.2% of its exports.
- The United States is the largest foreign investor in Brazil, accounting for almost $20 billion, or 34% of total foreign investment.
* Abu Mena
* Hong Kong
* Kinabalu Park
* Luang Prabang
* Matobo National Park
* New Zealand
* Northern Ireland
* North Korea
* Puerto Rico
* Serbia And Montenegro
* Sri Lanka
* Wat Phou
Books about "Glossary of World Heritage Sites" in