Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Gospel Singers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Gospel Singers is a group with a real love for gospel.
- Gospel singers are supposed to be vocally agile, and their performances are often technically impressive.
- Gospel singers were never suppose to spell correctly.
- Kirk Franklin (l.) hosts a new 'Idol'-like show for gospel singers like contestant Deanna Dixon (r.) of Indianapolis.
- At fifteen Ruth joined one of the major gospel singers, Sallie Martin, and she toured the gospel circuit with the Sallie Martin Gospel Singers.
- In 1954 she did a lot of club dates as part of a triumvirate of gospel singers on the edge of R & B when she teamed with Rosetta Tharpe and Marie Knight.
- Past acts have included big-name gospel singers like Kirk Franklin.
- Sammy Price (1908-1992) was also well known for the brilliant backing he gave to female Gospel singers such as Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Marie Knight (3).
- Williams, who has Pentecostal roots, said that when she started singing gospel, some gospel singers questioned her sincerity.
- Elvis would turn up at some stage to meet up with J.D. and other gospel singers.
- See and hear through videos some of the great gospel singers who ministered on stage at Crusades, including Ethel Waters and George Beverly Shea.
- The only reason I know who she is, is because I grew up listening to her parents' music, as well as a lot of other Southern Gospel singers.
- Acclaimed as one of the greatest gospel singers of her generation, Rosetta Tharpe also played amazingly unique electric guitar.
- Most of her nine siblings, and her parents, are professional gospel singers.
- And now it is making a huge comeback in popularity on YouTube, thanks to Wintley Phipps who is one of my favorite gospel singers.
- He thereafter married Anna Carter Gordon, who had been a member of the Chuck Wagon Gang of gospel singers.
- He thereafter married Anna Carter Gordon, a member of the Chuck Wagon Gang gospel singers based in Nashville.
- Williams was part of a family quartet (The Southern Gospel Singers, later called The Williams Brothers) before joining the Jackson Southernaires.
- He thereafter married Anna Carter Gordon, a member of the Chuck Wagon Gang gospel singers based in Nashville.[ 14] She survived Davis.
- Davis, who died last year, ruled his gospel singers with an unforgiving, steady hand.
- Mahalia Jackson, all the great gospel singers.
- Back then, gospel singers liked to go out into the aisles and work the crowd up.
- His father and mother were both gospel singers so it was natural for Ed to be a singer and musician.
- She left New Orleans in the 50's to become one of the great blues and gospel singers of our time.
- This DVD is a collection of some of the finest moments from the incredible career of George Beverly Shea, one of the greatest gospel singers of all time.
- One of the most popular gospel singers of all time, Donald Lawrence, will also perform.
- As gospel singers became more professional, they would try to outdo [each other], much like a jazz musician in a cutting contest.
- She is also the third generation of gospel singers to come from a Detroit family tree that is today rivalling the Winans in its amazing ongoing impact.
- In the 1960s and 1970s the Boone family toured as gospel singers and made gospel albums, such as The Pat Boone Family and The Family Who Prays.
- Bring your family and friends for a night out to hear 2 of the best Gospel Singers around.
- More Songs Biography Miki Howard grew up in the church, where both of her parents were gospel singers.
- She also helped the Ward Singers, a group of gospel singers, rise to popularity when she became a member.
- Stewart began singing publicly with his mother 's group, the Stewart Gospel Singers, as a teenager.
- Jackson was an influence on a number of other secular and gospel singers during her life, Walker says--including Aretha Franklin and Albertina Walker.
- Margaret Allison, founder of The Angelic Gospel Singers in 1944, has died, according to her recording label, Malaco Records, based in Jackson, Miss.
- I think we have gospel singers now being more worldly and even their presentation is commercial.
- Like many other gospel singers, the Wards grew up in poverty.
- She grew up in the church being inspired by gospel singers such as Shirley Caesar, The Clark Sisters, The Winans Family and the Hawkins Family.
- Like all the great gospel singers, Shirley Caesar is a survivor; she began with The Caravans, and she's still a star.
- A core strength of the album lies in the powerful vocal accompaniment of gospel singers Regina and Ann McCrary, daughters of the Rev.
- Gospel singers and siblings, BeBe (Benjamin) and CeCe (Cecilia) Winans and groups like Take 6 delivered music to their taste one album after another.
- Mahalia Jackson became one of the most influential gospel singers in the world.
- Few are loved as much as Cassietta George of the many gospel singers in the world.
- Ward ranks among the greatest of gospel singers; only Mahalia Jackson is more exalted.
- Her style of blues can be heard in later blues and gospel singers such as Ethel Waters, Billie Holiday, and Mahalia Jackson.
- But I am not one of those Gospel singers who thinks blues and rhythm & blues is the Devil's music.
- Her signature vocal style was influenced by early exposure to African American blues and gospel singers such as Dinah Washington.
- Recall that a number of rhythm and blues performers (Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin) started out as gospel singers.
- Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Sam Cooke all began their careers as gospel singers before bursting out from the choir into mainstream success.
- After that is a string of songs that echo various soul and gospel singers, most notably Sam Cooke and Al Green.
- Once gospel singers like Ruth Brown started singing with blues bands, rock and roll became an even stronger force in the music scene.
- Inspired by the singing of gospel singers, Rev.
- One of the greatest gospel singers is Mahalia Jackson who made you feel what she was singing.
- They are not just southern gospel singers, but they are singing the gospel.
- Female gospel singers initially developed their musical abilities in churches where gospel prevailed as a mode of worship.
- As a teen, he sang gospel with the STEWART GOSPEL SINGERS, led by his Mom.
- He consumed himself with music, joining a group of gospel singers and listening to bluesmen like Tampa Red and Big Boy Crudup on the radio.
- Also I do collaborations on songs and I put music together for underground R&B singers, Jazz singers, Gospel Singers & Rappers.
- A soul vocalist who came from a family of gospel singers, Pat (P.P.) Arnold began singing as a four-year-old.
- Culture > Languages > Language > Gospel
- Culture > Arts > Music > Singing
- Music > Composers > Songwriters > Sam Cooke
- Music > Gospel Music > Gospel Singers > Aretha Franklin
- Arts > Music > Blues > Dinah Washington
Books about "Gospel Singers" in