Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Grid"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A Grid is a service for sharing computer power and data storage capacity over the internet.
- Grid is a friendly Giantess who had a son, Vidar with Odin.
- Grid was a giantess at whose home they stopped on the way to Geirrod's.
- Grid was a giantess who saved Thor's life.
- The grid was composed of a front row of two McLarens, then Michele Alboreto in the Ferrari, the two Marches and Gerhard Berger 's Ferrari.
- Barrichello achieved his first grand prix victory at the 2000 German Grand Prix at Hockenheim after starting the race from 18th place on the grid.
- Following on from this encouraging display, the McLarens locked the 2nd row of the grid at Hockenheim, Germany.
- Following on from this encouraging display, the McLarens qualified on the 2nd row of the grid at Hockenheim, Germany.
- In 1977, the first all-Renault machine rolled out onto the grid of a Formula One race.
- Formula One While Alex had been battling away in Formula Nippon, Minardi had been battling simply to make the F1 grid in 2001.
- Superfund rules out F1 application March 25, 2010 Austrian investment company Superfund will not apply for a Formula 1 grid slot for 2011.
- Pedrosa once again got a great start, leading the pack into the first corner after a brilliant getaway from second on the grid.
- Rolling off the starting grid under a setting sun, Kenseth buckled in for a long night-and another run from back in the pack as he qualified 37th.
- Elias, who won the 2006 MotoGP race at Estoril, enjoyed a frantic ride through the pack from the fifth row of the grid.
- Once all the cars have formed on the grid, a light system above the track indicates the start of the race.
- Schumacher started from the back of the grid but finished fifth (on a track where overtaking is highly difficult and dangerous).
- With a clear track in front of him Pedrosa was simply pulverising the rest of the grid.
- It's actually good fun on the grid making late decisions on set-up and tyres and things, with the track being wet but the sun shining.
- Vermeulen had shot through to 6th from 12th on the grid, a great leap forward in the wet.
- The Hungarian had come from thirteenth on the grid for the win, aided when on lap ten a red flag was shown to signal a restart under wet conditions.
- The Williams - Hondas had been dominant during qualifying and Prost started fifth on the grid.
- Prost again featured heavily in 1984 after starting from the back of the grid in the spare car.
- A tremendous drive, from 12th place on the grid, brought Mansell another win in Hungary, a race he rated as: "Definitely the best drive of my career".
- Beaten away by Senna's Lotus from third place on the grid, Mansell tried to overtake the Brazilian around the outside out the back of the circuit.
- Warwick also improved on his sixth place on the grid in South Africa, and aims to put pressure on Mansell.
- Once the checkered flag dropped on the qualifying session, Rossi was left way down in 12th position, on the end of the 4th row of the grid.
- Kallio stormed into the lead from his front row grid position, but had to give way to slightly faster Honda and Aprilia riders at the end of the second lap.
- Ultimately my grid position was way too far back, but it was good being in the middle.
- Hamilton's team-mate Fernando Alonso, who was fastest in the first two parts of qualifying, is third on the grid.
- Today in qualifying my bike was one of the fastest down the straight and helped me get a good grid position.
- I was fastest in free practice, fastest in the warm-up and second on the grid so I had high expectations.
- Grid: The giantess who gave Thor many gifts such as her girdle of might.
- Grid also gave him the "Armor of Thor" (see above) Mjolnir, the magic hammer of Thor.
- Vidar He was a son of Odin and Grid (a giantess), and had a twin brother named Vali.
- MCLAREN (Lewis Hamilton 3, Jenson Button 7) Hamilton moved up from fourth on the grid, benefiting from Vettel's engine trouble.
- Williams, McLaren and Benetton will be vying for the positions on the front row of the grid but the other teams are not without a chance.
- McLaren won the first point for his team in the British Grand Prix in 1966 when he finished sixth after starting from thirteenth on the grid.
- In front of 61,000 fans on race day, Senna took the lead off the grid and was uncontested into the first corner.
- But on the grid before the restart, Senna gave Schumacher a serious talking to about his tactics.
- Senna started in fourth place on the grid.
- After a fourth place finish at the 2005 French Grand Prix, Button placed himself second on the grid for his home grand prix at Silverstone.
- Coulthard, at 37, the oldest driver on the grid and the second most experienced after Rubens Barrichello, knows what it is like to win at Silverstone.
- Randy de Puniet once again proved that his result from the Silverstone was not coincidence, taking second position on the starting grid.
- Corsi just made it as the second Italian on the podium as he rose from 26th on the grid to take third place with an incredible ride.
- In a delightful result for British fans, Bradley Smith took his first World Championship podium from second on the grid.
- If he can get closer to the front of the grid during qualifying, he must be a prime candidate for a podium.
- By the time the grid had re-formed for the second part of the race the track had almost dried out and most drivers started on slick tyres.
- Ten minutes before the start the grid must be cleared except for team technical staff, race officials and drivers.
- They’ll hang out on the grid and in the pits, and the fleet-footed duo will meet Red Bull Racing’s two drivers for lunch Sunday morning.
- One car that qualified for this race did not roll off the grid.
- In Bahrain, Räikkönen qualified in fourth on the grid.
- Third on the grid was the Chevrolet of Brian Vickers, who qualified at 168.334.
- Casey Stoner won the race on the new GP7. The bike had a clear top speed advantage over the rest of the grid, due to its higher output motor.
- He took the second place on the starting grid but crashed in the second lap after loosing the front end of his bike.
- It's not a real horsepower track - any bike on the grid is going to have too much power for the track, so there is no issue with power.
- But a lap of 1.39.560 put Hayden in fifth on the grid as he was ended just 0.002s behind Rossi.
- More comforting for Hayden is the fact that his two nearest rivals for the title are a long way down the grid, Pedrosa down in 9th and Melandri in 11th.
- Hayden was back on the sharp edge of racing once again, while Valentino Rossi made great comeback from 12th on the grid.
- Starting on the option tyres from fifth on the grid, Nico had a great start to overtake Lewis Hamilton into turn six to move up to fourth.
- Harvick, who started fifth on the grid, reclaimed the lead for the fifth and final time on the second to last lap to register the win.
- Also I was lucky that the qualifying practice was cancelled – to start from fifth on the grid was really, really important for me today.
- They now provide a coordinate grid on the sky that tells the position of any star, just as latitude and longitude tell the position of any point on Earth.
- The database uses a rectangular grid for mapping of 20 minutes of latitude by 30 minutes of longitude (about 2,000 square kilometers at the equator).
- Meridians of longitude and parallels of latitude together form a grid by which any position on the earth's surface can be specified.
- The concepts of latitude and longitude create a grid system for the unique expression of any location on Earth's surface.
- Dimensions are components of a coordinate grid typically used to locate a point in space, or on the globe, such as by latitude, longitude and planet (Earth).
- Toseland began race one from eighth on the grid and did well to avoid the aftermath of the crash which put Troy Corser out of the race.
- Starting from eighth on the grid, Dani Pedrosa had established his credentials in the dry with the best lap in the morning warmup.
- Dani got the holeshot from row three making a fantastic getaway from eighth on the grid.
- After starting tenth on the grid he made up one place to finish ninth, a result that lifted him to seventh in the final championship standings.
- Last year he came through the field from down in 13th place on the grid to finish the race in seventh.
- Michael, starting from seventh on the grid, was running in sixth and also using the softer rubber.
- He will start from ninth on the grid in tomorrow's showdown but the Italian may well have a better race pace.
- The Aston, PA driver started ninth on the grid for the 50-lap inaugural winged super feature, moving into second on lap 19.
- He got a good start from ninth on the grid and was up into sixth place at the end of lap one.
- West, starting from 16th on the grid, got off to a spectacular start, crossing the line in tenth at the end of lap one and going up to ninth by lap two.
- Meanwhile the brave Marco Melandri (Honda Gresini) rode brilliantly from tenth on the grid to take third despite his injuries sustained in qualifying.
- But from tenth on the grid he was on the verge of another stunning feat, having raced to fourth behind Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki).
- Dani had powered from 12th on the grid to sixth from the start, his trademark rapid launch serving him well after qualifying so low.
- Nicky Hayden, meanwhile, bolstered his confidence in sixth, from eighth on the grid.
- Randy de Puniet put in another impressive performance to finish second Honda with a lap of 1.39.591 securing him sixth on the grid.
- Pedrosa, who will take the pole inside the front row of the grid, snatched pole in Sepang last year and went on to secure third place.
- Starting from pole, Pedrosa led from the first corner and pulled away from second-placed Rossi, who made a quick start from fourth on the grid.
- On the starting grid, where his Tyrrell was on pole, Stewart spoke to the camera explaining in detail how difficult the race would be.
- Irvine was alongside him on the grid and the McLarens of David Coulthard and Mika Hakkinen were third and fourth.
- Pedrosa was joined on the podium by team-mate Nicky Hayden who put in an equally stunning performance to rocket from 14th on the grid to third at the flag.
- Third on the grid is Derek Warwick, who lines up behind Mansell, less than a tenth of a second behind Danner.
- Lorenzo, who crashed on his MotoGP race debut at the track last season, was followed onto the front row of the grid by Pedrosa.
- Lorenzo started second from the grid and maintained position, although he was overtaken twice by Pedrosa's team mate Andrea Dovizioso.
- Lorenzo has started on the front of the grid in the three last grands prix that he has gone on to win, at Silverstone, Assen and Barcelona.
- The example usually cited to prove this is the 1989 Formula One race when Nigel Mansell came from 12th on the grid to take victory for Ferrari.
- The result gives Renault the front row of the grid while Ferrari, dominant all weekend to date, swept the second row.
- Ferrari is the only still-active team which competed in 1950, and as of 2006 eleven teams remain on the grid, each fielding two cars.
- Schumacher was stripped of pole position at the Monaco Grand Prix and started the race at the back of the grid.
- Schumacher took second position on the grid, three thousandths of a second slower than Hill and Berger third, two hundredths of a second behind Hill.
- To make matters worse for Schumacher, Kimi Raikkonen crossed the line seconds later and demoted the Ferrari driver to the second row of the grid.
- Jorge Lorenzo took his first pole position of the season today, and was followed by Randy de Puniet on the LCR Honda who took second on the grid.
- Lewis Hamilton, out of sorts this season, showed both class and courage to rise from fifth on the grid to third place in a fractious race.
- Guarnoni was on top form all weekend, scoring his fifth consecutive pole position start of the season to start from the front of the grid.
- Schumacher, 41, will take to the grid with Mercedes in the first race of the season in Bahrain next Sunday.
- Nicky Hayden had made a stunning start to the first race, charging from fifteenth on the grid to ensure sixth spot on the reformed grid.
- Starting eighth on the grid, Senna won the first race of the season.
- So, when it came to the race, I think we did the best we could do, given our pace and our position on the grid.
- I am a bit disappointed to be on the third row as I feel like I had the pace to be nearer the front of the grid.
- Rossi was pleased to be so high up the grid but accepted that he does not have the pace to challenge for victory as it stands.
- I tried to put in a couple of quick laps at the end on the soft tyre and I rode really hard to get myself up the grid.
- Casey Stoner, on the other hand, was only 4th on the grid, but had managed a couple of very quick laps, and seemed content with his race setup.
- Black clouds gathered ominously over the MotoGP grid and a few spots of rain just before 2pm meant the race was declared wet.
- Rossi was relieved the rain had stopped long enough for him to avoid starting on the third row of the grid.
- Rain fell before the earlier 125 and 250cc races but the track was largely dry when the grid formed for the premier class encounter.
- Lucas di Grassi crashed out on his way to grid, Petrov, Hulkenberg, Massa and Liuzzi after the race start.
- Did not take part in the race start on grid.
- He was able to rejoin his allotted grid position for the race start.
- As the cars waited on the grid, drivers argued whether the race should be restarted.
- I can't put into words the feelings I had on race day when I saw the cars on the grid and running in the race.
- McLaren managed to qualify both their cars on the front row of the grid with Senna in pole position.
- These grids 16 cover the whole width of channels 20, and the mesh size of each grid is inferior to the catalyst 15 grain size.
- To facilitate a public usage of Grids, we simplify Grid computing using peer-to-peer computing and instant messaging.
- The grid plan dates from antiquity; some of the earliest planned cities were built using grids.
- Vermeulen got a good start and was up into sixth by the end of the first lap - from eighth on the grid.
- Pedrosa jumped into the lead on the first lap despite starting fourth on the grid and gradually built his lead to three seconds halfway through the race.
- Casey Stoner delivered a dominating performance from fourth on the grid to take the lead on the first lap and never looked back.
- Following up from his fourth place in Silverstone he was 11th in Assen despite starting from the fifth row of the grid on the Marc VDS Suter machine.
- Vermeulen also made an impressive start from back on the fifth row of the grid and steadily made his way through the field.
- Vermeulen was pleased with the improvements that were made to his bike, but disappointed to be back on the fifth row of the grid.
- On the way there they stopped at the home of the giantess Grid.
- He is the son of Odin and the Giantess Grid, and next to Thor he is the strongest of the gods.
- He fathered Thor on the goddess Jord; and the giantess Grid became the mother of Vidar.
- By the giantess Grid, Odin was the father of Vídar, and by Rind he was father of Vali.
- Starting from second on the grid and on the hunt for points after two consecutive DNFs, Smith plummeted down to nineteenth by the end of the opening lap.
- Starting from ninth on the grid he had a good start to hold his position until Marco Melandri passed him towards the end of the first lap.
- Last year, Chris Vermeulen slashed through the field in the pouring rain to end the day on the podium, after starting from way down on the grid.
- As the bikes sat the on the grid, waiting for the red lights to dim, Hayden's position did not look promising.
- As the pack sat on the grid waiting for the red lights to dim, one spot remained empty.
- Society > Population > Ethnicity > Race
- Motorcycle Racing > Motorcycle Racers > Valentino Rossi > Rossi
* Best Bike
* Fantastic Start
* Formation Lap
* Fourth Row
* Front Row
* Good Position
* Grid North
* Grid Plan
* Grid Position
* Grid Reference
* Michael Schumacher
* Motogp Grid
* Second Place
* Second Row
* Starting Grid
* Start Second
* Third Row
* Warm-Up Lap
Books about "Grid" in