Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Glossary of Graphic Designers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- In 1971 he founded Henry Wolf Productions, Inc., a studio dedicated to advertising and editorial photography.
- Henry Wolf (1925–2005) shaped American periodical design in the 1950s and 1960s as art director of Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar, and Show magazines.
- Neville Brody is a world famous graphic designer.
- Neville Brody is a British designer who was born in Southgate, London on April 23, 1957.
- Neville Brody is a UK graphic designer who shot to fame in the 1970s.
- Neville Brody is a british graphic designer, typographer and art director.
- Neville Brody is an innovative designer and his reputation of groundbreaking typography continues to influence the world of graphic design.
- David Carson is a genious.
- David Carson is a British television director.
- David Carson is a great Pop designer.
- David Carson is an American graphic designer.
- Milton Glaser is a genius.
- Milton Glaser is a: graphic designer illustrator publisher new yorker.
- Milton Glaser is one of the most famous American graphic designers of the 20 century.
- Milton Glaser is one of the most respected graphic designers in the United States.
- This category lists sites that provide biographies and autobiographies for Adolphe Mouron Cassandre.
- This category lists sites that provide information, artwork and biographical data for Adolphe Mouron Cassandre.
- Wikipedia - Adolphe Mouron Cassandre - Brief biography for the influential Ukrainian-French painter, commercial poster artist, and typeface designer.
- In his later years, Adolphe Mouron Cassandre suffered from bouts of depression that led to his suicide in Paris in 1968.
- I first heard of Tibor Kalman while browsing a copy of "Interview", just to learn that it was a tribute.
- Tibor Kalman: Perverse Optimist is the definitive and exuberant document of the late Tibor Kalman's work and ideas.
- Tibor Kalman: "We don't talk about planes flying.
- Abram Games was one of the twentieth century's great graphic designers.
- Abram Games was one of the 20th century's most important graphic designers and you can have your own fine art prints of any of these unique posters.
- Alan Fletcher is one of the most influential figures in post-war British graphic design.
- ALAN FLETCHER was among Britain---s most inspiring graphic designers and visual thinkers.
- Paul Rand is one of the world's most famous graphic designers, and created the logo designs for IBM, UPS, ABC, and other leading organisations.
- Paul Rand is one of the most famous and influential graphic designers in history.
- Paul Rand was 100 percent correct in his assessment of Substituting Initials for the Corporate Name.
- Paul Rand was a great influential graphic designer.
- Paul Rand was a hugely influencial graphic designer.
- Saul Bass is a designing man.
- Saul Bass was a Bronx- born graphic designer who took his New York style to California and became famous for his work in film and classic logo design.
- Saul Bass was one of the first to realise upon the storytelling potential of the opening and closing credits of a film.
- Saul Bass was one of the first to seize on the potential storytelling power of the opening and closing credits of a film.
- Michael Bierut is a graphic designer, design critic and educator.
- Michael Bierut is a graphic designer.
- Michael Bierut is a partner at Pentagram design firm.
- Michael Bierut is a partner at Pentagram in New York where he manages a team of eight designers.
- Michael Bierut is a partner in an international design consultancy.
- I thought Penguin covers really took of in 1962 with the use of Romek Marber's simple cover grid.
- In 1962 Facetti commissioned the Polish-born designer Romek Marber, having admired his covers of The Economist, to redesign the series.
- The then new design format was in fact originated by Romek Marber along with a number of other Graphic Designers of note.
- Paula Scher is a lay member of the Public Design Commission of the City of New York.
- Paula Scher is a partner at the design firm Pentagram and designed the Daily Show book, America.
- Paula Scher is a principal in the design firm, Pentagram.
- List of Polish graphic designers.
- Polish graphic designers are really talented- I said that many times before but I will say it one more time now.
- In the event, Polish graphic designers were faced with little option but to work for the state.
- Art Chantry is a famous graphic designer from Seattle whose works stretches back to the late 1970s.
- Jessica Helfand is a designer, writer and educator.
- Jessica Helfand is an author, columnist and lecturer on graphic design.
- Rudy VanderLans is a Dutch type and graphic designer and the co-founder of Emigre, an independent type foundry.
- Alexey Brodovitch (1898-1971) is a legend among graphic designers.
- Design Laboratory, a 10-week course in typography design and photojournalism, conducted by Alexey Brodovitch under AIGA auspices.
- Shopping is the best place to comparison shop for Alexey Brodovitch: - Kerry William Purcell Book.
- Piet Zwart was never a member of De Stijl as far as I know, although he knew and respected the people involved in the De Stijl movement.
- Piet Zwart was truly a pioneer, a designer who actually made a living out of going his own way, following his own principles.
- Peter Saville is a designer of unique influence on visual culture.
- Peter Saville is a graphic designer who resides in London.
- Peter Saville is a perfectionist.
- Peter Saville is a self confessed ---elitist--- and he has a strong sense of self worth.
- Peter Saville is one of my favorite graphic designers from the U.K. and as such, I thought this was a nice interview.
- Margo Chase is one of the most influential graphic designers of our time.
- Margo Chase is an American graphic designer.
- Reza Abedini is a ground-breaking exponent of contemporary graphic design who lives and works in Iran.
- Reza Abedini is a graphic designer and a professor of graphic design and visual culture at Tehran University.
- Reza Abedini is one of the contemporary designers who has explored and expanded the possibilities of Farsi typography.
- Otl Aicher was born in Ulm in 1922 and he died following a traffic accident in 1991.
- Otl Aicher was one of the most famous pioneering graphic designers of post-war Germany.
- William Drenttel is a partner in a successful print and multimedia company.
- William Drenttel is a partner, with Jessica Helfand, in Winterhouse, a design studio in Northwest Connecticut.
- William Caslon IV introduced the first sans serif printing type in the early 1800s.
- David Carson's web site William Caslon A typeface designer and engraver, William Caslon lived in England between 1692 and 1766.
- A Specimen of typeset fonts and languages, by William Caslon, letter founder; from the 1728 Cyclopaedia.
- Steven Heller is a critic, author, and design thinker.
- Steven Heller is a leading authority on design education and the editor of the Education Of series.
- Steven Heller is a senior art director at the New York Times and the chair of the MFA design department at the School of Visual Arts.
- Steven Heller is the author of over ninety books on graphic design, popular art, and satiric art.
- Wolfgang Weingart is a german graphic designer.
- Wolfgang Weingart was a professor of typography at this School until the year 2004.
- T his summer, Wolfgang Weingart will teach a summer program on typography in Basel, Switzerland.
- Massimo Vignelli is an AIGA medalist and a principal at Vignelli Associates.
- Massimo Vignelli was their most vociferous critic.
- In 1960, the couple returned to Milan and founded the Lella and Massimo Vignelli Office for Design and Architecture.
- Morteza Momayez was born on August 26, 1935 in Tehran, IRAN .His father was Mohammad-Ali and his mother was Kochak.
- Richard Evans Schultes traced his fascination with the South American rain forests to the fantasies evoked while he was bedridden as a child.
- Richard Evans, chief executive of the Opera House, said Utzon had left a living monument to creativity and boldness.
- Walkers says the campaign is the company's biggest to date, and managing director Richard Evans identifies user engagement as its specific aim.
- American Herb Lubalin is notable among the designers who embraced the new flexibility phototype made possible for designers.
- I remember Herb Lubalin opining about how Avant Garde was misused.
- Herb Lubalin was a basher.
- Chip Kidd is a genius.
- Chip Kidd is a graphic designer and writer living in New York City and Stonington, Connecticut.
- Chip Kidd is a graphic designer, writer, and editor whose book jacket designs for Alfred A. Knopf revolutionized the art of American book packaging.
- Chip Kidd is a leading graphic designer.
- Chip Kidd is a writer and graphic designer in New York City.
- Ed Fella is an artist, educator and graphic designer whose work has had an important influence on contemporary typography.
- JONATHAN BARNBROOK is one of the UK---s most active graphic designers.
- Jonathan Barnbrook is a British graphic designer and typographer.
- Jonathan Barnbrook is one deep deep man.
- Jonathan Barnbrook is one of Britain’s most influential graphic designers working today.
- Jonathan Barnbrook is one of the best known British graphic designers working today.
- Erik Spiekermann is a partner in United Designers in Berlin and San Francisco, and a writer at Spiekerblog.
- Erik Spiekermann is an information architect, type designer, and author.
- Wim Crouwel is a dutch graphic designer and typographer, born in The Netherlands in 1928.
- Wim Crouwel is a Dutch designer, artist, professor and museum director.
- Wim Crouwel is a designer, artist, professor and museum director.
- Wim Crouwel is one of the Netherlands’ greatest design icons.
- Marian Bantjes is a designer and artist who lives on an island in British Columbia, Canada.
- Marian Bantjes is a designer, artist and writer working internationally from her base on a small island off the west coast of Canada near Vancouver.
- Marian Bantjes is a good example for quality.
- Marian Bantjes is a self-described Graphic Artist, who works primarily with custom type and ornament.
- April Greiman is known for her influential poster design.
- April Greiman was an early computer enthusiast who believes that graphic design has always been involved with technology.
- A visionary few, including April Greiman, recognized the vast potential of this new medium.
- Armin Hofmann was a Swiss master of pattern, repetition, placement.
- Armin Hofmann is a Swiss graphic designer.
- Armin Hofmann is one of Switzerland's foremost graphic designers who taught with Rand at Yale and at the Brissago Summer School.
- Edward Tufte is a smart guy.
- Peter Max is a graphic artist who specialized in psychedelic designs during the 1960s.
- Peter Max is a multi-dimensional artist focused on contemporary events.
- Peter Max is a multi-dimensional creative artist.
- Peter Max is a passionate environmentalist and defender of human and animal rights, often dedicating paintings and posters for these noteworthy causes.
- Peter Max is a passionate environmentalist and defender of human and animal rights.
- Gerard Unger is a graphic designer, typographer and type designer.
- Gerard Unger is a prominent typeface designer, graphic designer, author, and design educator.
- Hermann Zapf was born into a turbulent time in 1918 in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Upon graduation, Goslin began working for noted American designer Lester Beall.
- Although not as well known as others from his period such as Paul Rand and Saul Bass, Lester Beall was indeed a trailblazer.
- A Lester Beall cover design for the 1948 issue of--Scope.
- Nigel Holmes is a graphic designer.
- Nigel Holmes is a graphic designer who focuses on information graphics and information design.
- Nigel Holmes is a designer.
- Nigel Holmes is an established commercial creator of what he calls "explanation graphics".
- Nigel Holmes was born in 1942 in England.
- Dick Bruna was born the son of a man who would become one of the Netherlands largest publishers.
- Culture > Languages > Language > Glossaries
- Kids And Teens > Arts > Graphic Design > En > G > R > A > Graphic Designers" > Graphic Designers< > A > > Bass, Saul. /
- Kids And Teens > Arts > Graphic Design > En > G > R > A > Graphic Designers" > Graphic Designers< > A > > Rand, Paul. /
- Kids And Teens > Arts > Graphic Design > En > G > R > A > Graphic Designers" > Graphic Designers< > A > > Cassandre, A. M.. /
- Arts > Graphic Design > Typography > Typographers > Masters > Goudy, Frederic William.
* Aldo Novarese
* Alex Rutterford
* Alex Steinweiss
* Allan Fleming
* Anton Stankowski
* Ashley Qualls
* Ben Drury
* Bob Gill
* Bruce Mau
* Carolyn Davidson
* Charles Bigelow
* Christopher Simmons
* David Kindersley
* David Macaulay
* David Plunkert
* David Tartakover
* Doyald Young
* Edward Johnston
* El Lissitzky
* Emil Ruder
* Eric Aldwinckle
* Eric Gill
* Farshid Mesghali
* Frank Jonen
* Frederic Goudy
* Gerd Arntz
* Germano Facetti
* Graphic Designers
* Haig Armen
* Hans Bohn
* Hans Falk
* Harry Beck
* Henryk Tomaszewski
* Herbert Spencer
* Iman Raad
* Iranian Graphic Designers
* Ira Schnapp
* Irma Boom
* Jacques Bertin
* Jamie Reid
* Jan Sawka
* Jan Tschichold
* Jan Van Krimpen
* Jeri Heiden
* John Gorham
* John Heiden
* John Vassos
* Jon Hicks
* Joost Swarte
* Jules Siegel
* Kerry William Purcell
* Kurt Schwitters
* Kyle Cooper
* Laureen Harper
* Lorraine Wild
* Lucian Bernhard
* Maira Kalman
* Malcolm Garrett
* Mark Busse
* Matthew Dent
* Maxim Zhukov
* Max Bill
* Max Huber
* Michael Hertz Associates
* Michael Peters
* Michael Rock
* Michael Vanderbyl
* Muriel Cooper
* Neal Peterson
* Nick Shinn
* Noel Martin
* Otto Neurath
* Pablo Ferro
* Paul Frank
* Peter Behrens
* Peter Sullivan
* Philippe Apeloig
* Pierre-Yves Pelletier
* Quentin Crisp
* Raymond Savignac
* Rian Hughes
* Richard Amsel
* Rini Templeton
* Robert Brownjohn
* Roger Fawcett-Tang
* Sarah Micklem
* Shepard Fairey
* Society of Graphic Designers of Canada
* Standard Design
* Storm Thorgerson
* Susan Kare
* Swiss Graphic Designers
* Terry Jones
* Thomas Manss
* Todd Radom
* Vaughan Oliver
* Virginia Howlett
* Vlad Kolarov
* Wiktor Sadowski
* William Golden
* William Morris
* William Playfair
Books about "Glossary of Graphic Designers" in