Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Heads"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Heads are calculated in continuous space using a computer to do the mathematics involved in superposition.
- Heads are the second most difficult thing to really choose on an engine as everything that you do to it will effect how they perform.
- Heads are used at outside corners, windows, doorjambs, or any place where the veneering will be visible from the side.
- If heads are interpreted as 1 and tails as 0 then moving to a codeword from the extended binary Golay code guarantees it will be possible to force a win.
- The heads are however covered by a length of fine cotton known as orhni or dupatta.
- From here it heads east for a short while, sharing it's course with the Oxford canal, to Braunston.
- Lithuanian Dragons Drakonas This dragon is more of a hydra with multiple heads, though sometimes it does appear with one head.
- Cerberus is sometimes pictured with a mane of snakes and 50 heads.
- While Kurdish leaders have been warmly received by European heads of state, nobody wants to recognize Kurdish independence de jure.
- Special Members take part in all Commonwealth activities except heads of government meetings.
- Shiva as both, Sadashiva and Ishan, has five heads and ten arms, and as Bhairava, one or three heads, and two, four or eight hands.
- Phosphorus sesquisulfide is used in heads of strike-anywhere matches.
- Soon after the introduction, there was a spate of plug fouling, and high cylinder head temperatures resulting in cracked cylinder heads .
- Little wonder that people might scratch their heads in confusion when told this city will host the Winter Olympics.
- Mesoplodon whales have small heads, long trunks, and short tails, and range between 3.9 m (pygmy beaked whale) and 6.2 m (strap-toothed whale) in length.
- Similar to other pony breeds, they are sturdy and rugged, long-lived, solid-colored, with small heads and full mane and tail.
- In July I will be back with Richard and the team for a large meeting with five Dayak tribes and all the traditional leaders, priests and village heads.
- Sherpas traditionally elect people to serve as village heads only if they do not aggressively seek the position.
- To achieve this objective, he issued instructions to his officials and to village heads to kill or arrest alive Sikhs, wherever and whenever found.
- Over the next two weeks, nearly a hundred heads of state and government and other leaders will be here for the general debate.
- Typhon was a giant winged monster with a hundred heads.
- Not all DOHC engines are multivalve engines — DOHC was common in two valve per cylinder heads for decades before multivalve heads appeared.
- SOHC designs offer reduced complexity compared to pushrod designs when used for multivalve heads, in which each cylinder has more than two valves.
- As easily as a bard fitting a new string to his lyre, Odysseus strings the bow and sends an arrow through the axe heads.
- Large, rounded heads of massed tubular flowers, blue or white, top a strong thick stem, to 1.2m tall, in summer.
- The flowers are collected together into single, rounded Heads that terminate long peduncles.
- The head of Imam Husayn (A.S.) was to be placed on a gold tray near the court chair, and the heads of the other martyrs were also to be displayed.
- The burial place of the heads of the martyrs of Karbala.
- Then they moved the members of the haram, all of whom were helpless women and girls, along with the heads of the martyrs, to Kufa.
- HYDRA This monster was also the spawn of Echidna and Typhon, a snake with numerous heads that were sometimes said to be human as well.
- Between 1894 and 1901, individual anarchists assassinated numerous heads of state.
- The following is the traditionally accepted list of Presidents(spiritual heads) of the monastic order.
- The Karmapas have been the spiritual heads of the Karma Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism since the 12th century.
- Unlike what many people think, the Dalai Lamas are not the spiritual heads of the Gelugpa school; this is always the Gaden Tripa.
- These whales are rounder and fatter than blue whales, and they have huge heads.
- Herd and Flair constantly butted heads, and when Flair was eventually granted his release, he was not given back his deposit.
- The whales are born with the "callosities" on their heads and do not acquire them as they mature.
- On the heads of right whales are irregular patches of thickened skin called callosities – a feature that is unique to this species.
- Medusa is beheaded by Perseus Gorgons A monster with nine heads, one of which was immortal, each of the other eight can grow back as two if cut off.
- Avalokitashvara also has nine heads, and the top head is the head of Amitabha.
- Right whales have large heads with bumps also known as callosities.
- Kangaroo rats have large heads and eyes, short forelimbs, and very long hind legs and feet.
- These whales get their name from the oily fat, known as spermaceti, which is contained in their large heads.
- Bonapartist claimants to the throne of France—descendants of Napoleon I and his brothers, rejecting all heads of state 1815–52, and since 1870.
- It heads under the continent in the Gulf of California and heads north.
- I have played for people I thought were important; music critics of major newspapers, foreign heads of state.
- Australia is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, in which the Commonwealth Heads of Government meetings provide the main forum for co-operation.
- The Secretariat is headed by the Commonwealth Secretary-General who is elected by Commonwealth Heads of Government for no more than two four-year terms.
- Here, aluminum heads without water between the intake and exhaust valve conduct a great deal of heat from the exhaust side to the intake.
- Also, cast-iron heads need more octane than aluminum heads.
- The Sprint Cup Series heads to Northern California for the first of two road- course races this season.
- Next weekend, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series heads to South Florida for the final race of the 2009 season.
- Now the pressure is on Bowyer to keep up his momentum, as the Sprint Cup Series heads to Dover International Speedway for round two in the Chase.
- Kalachakra has four heads, with three eyes in each head.
- In paintings, Brahma is easily recognized by his four heads (three visible and fourth invisible at the back).
- Cover up those last two exposed nail heads with a roofing tar to keep water from seeping into the nail hole.
- Some accounts say Cerberus has fifty heads (Hesiod, Theogony 310-312), while others say he has three heads and a mane of snakes (Apollodorus 2.5.12).
- The hecatonchires or hecatoncheires (the hundred-handed) were figures of Greek mythology, giants with a hundred arms and fifty heads.
- Both the flowering stems and the seed heads are excellent as cut flowers, each with a long vase life.
- The yacht is surrounded by coral heads, and it's time to back up, slowly and straight, to avoid disaster.
- Coral heads and sand patches can be spotted easily and a bow watch is necessary at all times.
- We piloted our way slowly across the lagoon through crystal clear water and dropped the anchor in a patch of sand between coral heads.
- As a general rule of thumb, engines with aluminum cylinder heads can tolerate one full point of compression more than an engine with cast-iron heads.
- As he and his men stare at Charybdis on the other side of the strait, the heads of Scylla swoop down and gobble up six of the sailors.
- Scylla apparently has only three heads in the movie (although she is never fully revealed from the shadows), instead of six in the book.
- Upon entering the water, Scylla was transformed into a scary monster with twelve feet, six heads with each head having three rows of teeth.
- Scylla is a ferocious monster with six heads that kills most men that pass by her island.
- In her anger, Circe poisoned the pool where Scylla bathed, transforming her into a terrible monster with twelve feet and six heads.
- The name "cockscomb" may be restricted to those whose flower heads are crested by fasciation.
- Lap 104 -- LEAD CHANGE: Denny Hamlin heads to pit road, giving up the lead back to Kurt Busch for a near completion of green-flag stops.
- He has big right-side damage and heads to pit road.
- Busch heads to pit road with what he thinks is a loose wheel.
- Then they moved the members of the haram, all of whom were helpless women and girls, along with the heads of the martyrs, to Kufah.
- Then they moved women and children along with the heads of the martyrs to Kufah.
- Women were made to carry the severed heads of Marathas to the afgan army accountant so the afgan soldiers earned 1 silver coin per head brought in.
- Ibn Ziyad sent the severed heads of Muslim ibn 'Aqil and Hani' ibn 'Urwah to Yazid together with a letter were explaining the situation in Kufah.
- The severed heads of the martyrs including Husain were raised on spears.
- Chris Frantz, like everyone in the Talking Heads, sounded best when he blended in, so singling him out might be missing the point.
- After reaching about half of the Earth-Sun distance from the Sun, the comet should fade rapidly as it then heads out of the inner Solar System.
- The road re-emerges at Llangurig and heads west through beautiful mountainous countryside into Ceredigion before reaching the coast at Aberystwyth.
- At Braunston the Oxford connects with the Grand Junction section of the Grand Union Canal and heads west.
- It heads towards Somerton and on to Banbury to the North, and towards Lower Heyford then Oxford to the South.
- It reaches the Thames again by Farmoor Reservoir and Swinford, then heads east to Godstow and Wolvercote on the northern edge of Oxford.
- Even though it's not coming out until late next year, Middle-Earth Online is already turning heads and making people take notice.
- Though he gave up music in middle school to pursue sports with his friends, Matt got back into it in college and is now turning heads with his soulful songs.
- She's no stranger to turning heads, but supermodel Petra Nemcova only had eyes for one man in the south of France.
- Then everyone who never even heard of the WWE is turning heads towards them and critizing.
- As everyone knows, Nevermind rocketed Nirvana to superstardom, as Grohl turned heads with his simple yet hard-hitting drumming style.
- Fans of Cardcaptor Sakura will enjoy this; everyone else will be left scratching their heads.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Humans > Head
- Society > Politics > Government > State
- Biology > Botany > Plants > Flowers
- Science > Mathematics > Statistics > Probability
* Cylinder Heads
* Fair Coin
* Flowers Aggregated
* Greek Mythology
* Inner Sides
* Lernaean Hydra
* Rafi Amit
* Three Heads
* Valve Head
* Valve Heads
Books about "Heads" in