Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "High Culture"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- High culture is a term referring to the "best of breed" (from some elitist viewpoint) cultural products.
- The singers, poets, painters and teachers who gave Herat its reputation as a center of high culture and education have fled to Iran or farther west.
- Being a symbol of high culture, the qin has inevitably been used as a prop in much of Chinese popular culture to varying degrees of accuracy.
- Those interested in high culture will enjoy the renowned music festivals like Wratislavia Cantans and the Warsaw Autumn.
- Developed a high culture without the benefit of agriculture, pottery, or influence of ancient Mexican civilizations.
- Arnold saw high culture as a force for moral and political good, and in various forms this view remains widespread, though far from uncontested.
- With the Third Dynasty, Egypt entered into the five centuries of high culture known as the Pyramid Age.
- For many people in Hong Kong, the French language stands for high culture.
- Amjed Kilifi, a carpet dealer in Tunis, is all business, and he doesn't appear to be the kind of guy to take "high culture" too seriously.
- People lacking "culture" often seemed more "natural," and observers often defended (or criticized) elements of high culture for repressing " human nature ".
- High culture simply refers to the objects, symbols, norms, values, and beliefs of a particular group of people; popular culture does the same.
- The authors attempt to outline a notion of high culture and its role within education, following a broad modern tradition springing from Matthew Arnold.
- It has been said by culture theorists that both high culture and low culture are subculture s.
- Because Mozarabic was not a language of high culture it didn't have an official script.
- France has played an important role for centuries as a cultural center, with Paris as a world center of high culture.
- It has been said by culture theorists that both high culture and low culture are subcultures.
- World Center
- Society > Culture > Cultures > Popular Culture
- Society > Culture > Cultures > Subcultures
- Farther West
Books about "High Culture" in