Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Historical"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Understanding how a language can influence or even transform into others requires a historical perspective, for example.
- CLOS is placed into historical perspective in Chapter 2, which describes the sources and evolution of ideas embodied in the language.
- Historical geology is the study of the evolution of the Earth and its life.
- Chapter 4, Evolution: An Historical Perspective, is reorganized and presents new information on the distinction between microevolution and macroevolution.
- For reasons of space, and because I am a macroeconomist rather than a historian, my focus will be on broad economic issues rather than historical details.
- Historical details are still too obscure for any definite records of Rome under the kings, All remains half mythical.
- Victor Hugo developed his own version of the historical novel, combining concrete, historical details with vivid, melodramatic, even feverish imagination.
- National Capital Authority - Focusing on Canberra, offers historical details, information for visitors, and future government plans.
- In Talmud we find historical details about the life of Israel, the origins of customs, procedures from the Second Temple*, and so on.
- Historical Details: Hastinapura = Hastin (elephant) + pura (city) = city named after the elephants.
- The history of the arrival of the Oromo people in the sixteenth century in East Africa from outside is a fabrication and denial of historical facts.
- Having lived in the Apartheid, Nadine Gordimer knows a big deal about political and historical facts of that period.
- Yet, even those thinkers who make economic power the center of their models, introduce it in a way that ignores historical facts.
- Saga can be invoked for help in storytelling, or writing, especially history, legend, historical fiction.
- The Yngvars saga víðförla describes what was the last Viking campaign in the Caspian in 1041, adding much legend to the historical facts.
- As Arthur R. Butz has shown (Journal of Historical Review, April 1980, page 9), the legend of the Holocaust stands on feet of clay.
- Davidson used literary, historical and archaeological evidence to discuss the stories and customs of Northern Europe.
- She specializes in stories of female submission involving spanking and flagellation, often with historical or tropical settings or both.
- These stories can essentially cover any of the other subgenres of fantasy, such as High fantasy, Contemporary fantasy, or even Historical fantasy.
- But that does not prevent other details in the story from being Carthaginian tradition though still not necessarily historical.
- Pearl Harbor (2001) A romance based on a real story, but its historical accuracy has been challenged.
- The story of Snow White may have been intertwined with those of some historical figures.
- There are just 3 km to the top resort of Sunny Beach and 5 km to Nessebar, offering unique sights and places of cultural and historical value.
- If you add to this its architectural and historical value, Bansko is the pearl in the Bulgarian necklace.
- Landmarks of historical value or buildings serving religious purposes, art, science, or charity are to be especially respected.
- It calls the Former Prophets the Historical Books, and subdivides two of them into I and II Samuel and I and II Kings.
- Historical elected monarchs include the Kings of Poland and the Holy Roman Emperors.
- Romer then provides a sociological, historical and literary approach to the books from Deuteronomy to Kings.
- The building is situated in the historical centre of Karlovy Vary (in front of the mineral spas).
- The hotel building is situated between architectural monuments of historical centre of Saint-Petersburg.
- It is located in the centre of a commercial zone, next to restaurants, beaches and the 20 minutes from the historical centre of Oporto.
- This grand modern hotel presents an imposing façade set in the historical centre of Athens, halfway between Omonia square and the old city of Plaka.
- All important communications of Athens in fact serve the historical centre of the town, the most magnificent part of which is the ancient city.
- Located in the Place of the Pombeira, in the city of Guarda, this accommodation is about 8 minutes from the historical centre of the city.
- Educational, historical, and networking resources to empower women in all aspects of aviation.
- Many consider this to be the most faithful movie re-telling of the attack as it deals with many aspects of the battle with attention to historical fact.
- The game is similar to games such as hockey and lacrosse in some aspects and has historical roots with golf and ice hockey.
- Because the Buddha wrote no autobiographical material, and historical fact was not valued then as it is today, the story of his life is considered a legend.
- The medina is the historical and cultural heart of modern Tunis and a great place to get a feel for life in the city.
- In many historical accounts, ghosts were thought to be deceased people looking for vengeance, or imprisoned on earth for bad things they did during life.
- High priority; in Zoology navigation template The relationship between religion and science - partially historical.
- The Historical Development of Quantum Theory is science, history, and biography, all wrapped in the story of a great human enterprise.
- For these reasons, old encyclopedias are a useful source of historical information, especially for a record of changes in science and technology.
- I think the question is a good one, as we don't come from the historical tradition within which Buddhism arose and has thrived it can be pretty confusing.
- According to Irish mythology and historical tradition it was the capital of the Ulaid, the people who gave their name to the province of Ulster.
- It is connected to Brian Boru, High King of Ireland, though this is not based on any historical evidence.
- Fer Corb ("chariot man"), son of Mug Corb, was, according to medieval Irish legend and historical tradition, a High King of Ireland.
- Renowned in song throughout the world, Athenry is a picturesque and historical town located in the west of Ireland.
- Transfer to Sukhothai to visit the Sukhothai Historical Park and its compound as well as Wat Sri Chum with its giant seated Buddha image.
- Kenmare is a designated Heritage Town of Ireland and the town offers a huge selection of places of historical interest to visit.
- Turkey is a country of diverse scenery, climate and historical monuments, so travelers are sometimes overwhelmed by the number of places to visit.
- Manjeswer - Lies in the northern most extrimity of Kerala and a place of historical and religious importance.
- A visit to Cochin enriches one about the historical and cultural past of Kerala.
- Moreover, the temple had been a silent spectator of many cultural as well as historical events that happened in Kerala.
- Although no historical eruptions have been recorded, the youthful morphology of deposits suggest that Lastarria has been active during historical time.
- The morphology of a fresh pyroclastic cone that was constructed in the center of the caldera has varied during the course of historical eruptions.
- Historical eruptions have been Vulcanian or Vulcanian-Strombolian with moderate explosive activity and occasional lava flows from the summit crater.
- Historical eruptions have been restricted to small-to-moderate explosive activity that produced ashfall near the volcano.
- At the top of this volcano, having been inactive in historical times, there is a beautiful pool encircled by snow all year round.
- The symmetrical Ol Doinyo Lengai stratovolcano is the only volcano known to have erupted carbonatite tephras and lavas in historical time.
- The city of Cuenca in Spain is a paradise for those tourists who wish to visit places of historical importance.
- Ruins such as these and the UNESCO world heritage site at Takht-e-Suleiman illustrate the historical importance of this province through the millennia.
- In recent years, the government of Aruba has shown an increased interest in acknowledging the cultural and historical importance of its native language.
- Palakkad witnessed invasions of historical importance that have left indelible impressions on the history of Kerala.
- Situated on the banks of Bharathapuzha, it is a place of historical importance.
- Indonesia is a place of historical importance in the story of Mennonite overseas mission.
- Macedonia should remain a single, indivisible and independent Balkan state with it geographic, ethnographic, historical, economic and political borders.
- Czech side built its argumentation on historical, economic and strategic reasons, while Poland based her demand on ethnicity.
- It teaches the principles of applied economic and social statistics in a historical context.
- Basic trends in economic and social development; comparative and historical analysis of social and economic changes; the rise of capitalist societies.
- B. Comparative and historical analysis: sociology of the state; gender; social and economic classes; capitalism; and political and economic development.
- Dumfries High Street hosts many of the historical, social and commercial centres of the town.
- ISBN 0-472-08682-0 A classic ethnographic and historical study of Aceh, and Islam in the region.
- Some Muslims violate the principle of historical precedent by asserting that Islam does not have the burden of proof and that the Qur'an judges the Bible.
- It is generally said that the conversion of the Maldives to Islam was peaceful, but historical evidence suggests the contrary.
- Overall, the province enjoys a wealth of historical attractions, with 169 sites registered by the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran.
- The Kurdish part of Iran has been a part of this country from historical times.
- The Shāhnāmeh tells the mythical and historical past of Iran from the creation of the world up until the Islamic conquest of Iran in the 7th century.
- To Macedonians, their beloved Macedonia is their historical and cultural inheritance and Greece has no rights to make demands on Macedonia.
- Though little known by foreign tourists, this is still a particularly beautiful part of Greece, rich in historical monuments and archaeological sites.
- Kelebek Pension is a family-run pension in the heart of the historical center of Ayvalik at the Aegean coast of Turkey with view to Greece.
- Location: Vironas is a historical - full of green - city at the east side of Athens.
- HOTEL AMAZON is situated in the center of Athens in Syntagma Square, giving easy access to cultural attractions and historical sites.
- Welcome to Athens the historical capital of Greece.
- Sabah, known as the "Land Below The Wind" is rich not only in natural beauty and resources, but also in the historical and cultural heritage of its people.
- The region of Beira Interior, where the city of Covilhã is located, is rich in historical places.
- Landmarks: The town is rich of cultural and historical monuments.
- To the south, the Historical Park at Sukhothai is an essential destination for all those wishing to discover more about the history and culture of Thailand.
- Thus, Muang Sing Historical Park became an important place to visit in the study of art and culture, as well as to relax in a comfortable surroundings.
- Islam - Explore the basic teachings of Islam, its culture, history, economic system, and historical figures.
- Ayvalik is a relatively undiscovered resort, centrally located for many of the historical sights in the region as well as being a very pleasant beach resort.
- A boutique hotel in the centre of Prague 1, very close to major historical sights.
- As well as its cultural and historical sights, Alanya has unbeatable beach life too.
- Find out why the town is also known as the " Silver Port " and visit many historical sights along the way.
- The town of Yambol has many historical sights and a lot of cultural events.
- The city which is one of the most abundant ones in historical sights in whole Hungary is Sopron.
- Historical linguistics (also diachronic linguistics or comparative linguistics) is primarily the study of the ways in which languages change over time.
- Phonology is a crucial part of many areas of linguistics, such as first- and second-language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and historical linguistics.
- Phonology is a sub-field of historical linguistics, which studies the sound system of a specific language or set of languages and change over time.
- Finally, most modern linguistics focuses on language as used today; however, historical linguistics remains an important sub-field.
- In 19th century Europe the study of linguistics was largely from the perspective of philology (or historical linguistics).
- Etymology is the study of the historical development of words, part of historical linguistics.
- For more extensive motivational background and historical notes, see category theory and the list of category theory topics.
- List of Christian denominations (or Denominations self-identified as Christian) ordered by historical and doctrinal relationships.
- List of High Kings of Ireland - historical, legendary and mythical rulers up to 1198.
- Information and internet links for historical and literary diaries and diarists.
- Her art is great, but it is for these books that Anne Truitt will be remembered, taking a place among diarists of historical significance.
- Biographical detail and historical background are supplied for all diarists and diaries.
- Kuyavia, known in Polish as Kujawy, is a historical and ethnographic region in the center of Poland in the Greater Poland Lakes area.
- Wielkopolskie (Greater Poland) is the historical heart of Poland.
- Greater Poland (sometimes Great Poland; Polish Wielkopolska) is one of the historical regions of Poland.
- Lesser Poland (also Little Poland, Polish Małopolska, Latin Polonia Minor) is one of the historical regions of Poland, with capital in the city of Kraków.
- Lesser Poland (Latin Polonia Minor) is an historical and ethnographic region in south-eastern Poland.
- The two historical regions - Lesser Poland and Greater Poland - form the core of the Polish lands.
- The Regional Museum of Palangkaraya contains a collection of historical and cultural interest from all over Central Kalimantan.
- Fujian is rich in tourism resources, abounding with numerous places of historical and cultural interest, and beautiful scenic spots.
- For anyone with a genealogical, historical, or cultural interest in the Irish emigrants who landed, lived in, or passed through the state of New York.
- This in turn led to further exploration of disciplines from China, Korea, and Japan for their historical and cultural value.
- His teachings have been classified as "three turnings of the wheel of dharma." He is the historical founder of what came to be known as Buddhism.
- In fact, our normal approach to the teachings is the very opposite of historical.
- Scholars are increasingly reluctant to make unqualified claims about the historical facts of the Buddha's life and teachings.
- Scenes from the life of the historical Buddha, Shakyamuni, are a popular subject in Buddhist art.
- Siddhartha Gautama (Pali Siddhattha Gautama), the historical founder of Buddhism, is often referred to as "Buddha", or "the Buddha".
- Buddha: Siddhartha Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism, was born in Lumbini - a place situated in modern Nepal.
- Gautama Buddha was a spiritual teacher in the ancient Indian subcontinent and the historical founder of Buddhism.
- Their observation that Sakyamuni in the Saddharma Pundarika is probably Vishnu is superficial and not pursued to its historical or theological conclusion.
- They are not historical figures, like Gautama (Sakyamuni) Buddha, but transcendent beings who symbolise universal divine principles or forces.
- The historical origins of Left Communism can be traced to the period before the First World War, but it only came into focus after 1918.
- This course examines these religious traditions both in the context of their historical origins and their adaptations to Canadian society.
- The historical origins of this particular practice precedes the advent of Zoroastrianism.
- Information > Science > Linguistics > Context
* Cultural Significance
* Historical Buddha
* Historical Building
* Historical Buildings
* Historical City
* Historical Context
* Historical Data
* Historical Development
* Historical Developments
* Historical Document
* Historical Documents
* Historical Event
* Historical Events
* Historical Figure
* Historical Figures
* Historical Material
* Historical Novel
* Historical Novels
* Historical Origin
* Historical Place
* Historical Region
* Historical Site
* Historical Sources
* Historical Town
Books about "Historical" in