Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Hit"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- HIT is a well known complication of heparin therapy.
- HIT is a serious immune disorder caused by heparin, a common anticoagulant used to prevent blood clots.
- HIT is a severe immune reaction to Heparin that can result in the paradoxical development of a thrombotic event.
- HIT is a common cause of drug-induced thrombocytopenia in hospitalized patients.
- HIT, the most common form of drug-induced thrombocytopenia, may develop in up to 5% of patients treated with heparin.
- On the show he showed the contestants his various power moves yet also how to hit the opponent with a steel chair.
- He allowed Edge to hit both Triple H and Michaels with a steel chair and didn't call for a disqualification.
- A very cool Nigel said after the race "we just hit the back of the car in front, it was very unfortunate and very regrettable.
- Busch dominated the early stages of the race, but hit a speed bump when NASCAR officials penalized him for going too fast on the entry to pit road.
- According to Burton's account of what Busch said after the race: "First he said he didn't hit me.
- Along with Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder reluctantly became a celebrity and an alt-rock spokesman when his band, Pearl Jam, hit the big time in the early '90s.
- Paul first came to the attention of many people on the show "Whose Line Is It Anyway" and then really hit the big time on "Have I Got News For You".
- Metro Station, named one of the top underground bands of 2007 by Alternative Press magazine, has hit the big time with its self titled debut album.
- Apocryphally, he recorded his debut single, the Fats Domino song "I'm Walkin'", in order to impress his girlfriend Lorrie Collins; the song was a hit.
- Like Tanya Tucker and Brenda Lee before her, she had a hit with her debut single and was barely a teenager at the time.
- Their debut single, the classic "Back to Africa," was released that year and hit number one on the U.K. reggae singles chart.
- The song gave Trina a boost to exposure, being that it became a Top 20 hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
- However, Day is most remembered for his 1958 solo recording of the Billboard Hot 100 No.2 hit, "Rockin' Robin", a song covered by Michael Jackson in 1972.
- The album contains the group's only United States Top 40 hit, "I'm Too Sexy", which hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 3 weeks in February 1992.
- The hurricane hit at the end of the month, the time when poor people are most vulnerable.
- Two weeks after the hurricane hit, the Port of New Orleans was reopened, as were other ports along the Gulf Coast with limited transit restrictions.
- In the three days before the hurricane hit, we knew it was coming and everyone could have been evacuated.
- Hurricanes are a rare occurrence in Hawaii, although it is probable that all the islands of Hawaii have been hit by a hurricane in the past.
- Hurricanes can be predicted to hit a coastal town many times without the town ever actually experiencing the brunt of a storm.
- Hurricanes occasionally strike the island, but they ordinarily hit the south coast, and damage in Havana is normally less than elsewhere in the country.
- The hurricane hit the coast and stalled until the agreement was finalized and Arafat addressed the UN. Then it hit and caused $1 billion in damage.
- In August 2005 his home in Eastern New Orleans was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina; he evacuated to Memphis, Tennessee before the hurricane hit.
- There is a mysterious missing day between the time the hurricane hit and the levees broke and flooded New Orleans.
- Jericho hit the code breaker on Cena but Edge then speared and covered Jericho for the win.
- Jericho hooked the walls on the floor but had to break it fast to avoid a DQ. Both went to the top, and after nearly falling off, Jericho hit a superplex.
- While he tried to, Jericho hit The Rock with a low blow then pinned The Rock with his feet on the ropes for leverage.
- Mickie goes to hit her DDT finisher but Beth overpowers her and sets her in the middle of the top rope and nails her cradle suplex for the pinfall.
- Triple H hit the Pedigree and Big Show hit the chokeslam, but neither Superstar could score a pinfall.
- Big clusterfuck ending that sees Orton finally hit the RKO on Mark Henry for the pinfall victory.
- Kane and Show hit a double chokeslam on Viscera and then Snitsky got in the ring and they hit a double big boot to him.
- Kane was able to hit the Chokeslam on the champ, but before he could go for the pin, Batista pulled him out of the ring.
- Flair then went off the top rope and Kane caught him and hit the chokeslam.
- Kane grabbed Undertaker and hit the Tombstone Piledriver then laughed some more about it before he kneeled down Taker style.
- Hart interfered during the match, allowing The Undertaker to hit the Tombstone Piledriver and pin Sid to become the WWF Champion for the second time.
- Kennedy won that match after MVP turned on him and aimed for his head with a steel chair, but missed and hit The Undertaker instead, busting him open.
- After a near fall, Kane hit his clothesline off the corner.
- Kane hit the sitting dropkick and then the sidewalk slam for two.
- Kane hit a side slam on Cade and then Kane nailed some kendo stick shots on Murdoch.
- Kane hit a big body slam and then hit a series of elbows and a big leg drop.
- After taking the early advantage, Kane hit a chokeslam, but picked up Undertaker to dish out some more punishment.
- As Undertaker made it back into the ring, Kane hit him with a flying lariat.
- Afterwards, Victoria tried to clothesline Candice but she ducked, allowing Trish to hit the Stratusfaction for her and Torrie Wilson to win the match.
- During the match, an unidentified man entered the ring, distracting Undertaker long enough for Orton to hit the RKO and pick up the big win.
- Near the end of the match, Arn Anderson dashed out into the ring and hit a Spinebuster on The Undertaker.
- But the car didn't seem to ever hit it's stride and all the adjustments in the world couldn't seem to make it right.
- Xbox Live Arcade seems to have just recently hit its stride, and has released two games a week for the last two weeks.
- The iPod was introduced in 2001 but really hit its stride this year with the addition of the Mini, a smaller, more-colorful version.
- The album includes the song "World a Music" which was to be sampled by Damian Marley on his 2005 hit, "Welcome to Jamrock".
- Hitsville Casino - Money, Music and More Listen to the hits while you hit the jackpot at Hitsville Casino.
- His debut single, "I'm Walking," a midtempo cover of the Fats Domino R&B standard, was a major hit and led Ricky Nelson to a 25-year career in music.
- Tommy and his band turned out one hit after another, often rivaling and sometimes surpassing Glenn Miller's on Your Hit Parade.
- The band returned to Hollywood in 1936 and recorded music for the Marx Brothers' film A Day at the Races and for Hit Parade of 1937.
- It also solidified the importance of music in Disney's work, producing a handful of songs that led the hit parade and went on to become standards.
- Typically, HIT occurs 5 or more days after heparin re-exposure, but it can occur at any time.
- The canal lock was back functioning two days after Katrina hit, at first mostly for barges bringing in fill to repair the breaches.
- His first big hit was with 1983 's Flashdance, and he had a number of others including the Beverly Hills Cop films, Top Gun, and Days of Thunder.
- The risk for thrombosis in patients with HIT II can persist for up to at least 6 weeks after cessation of heparin therapy.
- Apart from bleeding complications, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) type II is the most severe side effect of heparin therapy.
- Busch fell back as far as 14th in the running order before getting a caution flag and having the opportunity to hit pit road for adjustments.
- The team continued to hit pit road to fix the damage to the car.
- Busch spun down onto the apron and had to hit pit road to repair damage to the front end splitter and the right-rear quarter panel.
- In 1930, he wore a modified leather mask that covered his broken nose and cheekbone, the result of getting hit by a puck during a game.
- Our Gulf Coast is getting hit and hit hard.
- A crewman for Greg Biffle's NASCAR team has been taken to a local hospital after getting hit by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart on pit road.
- An advance to first base on the one hit is a single, to second base is a double, to third base is a triple, and to home plate is a home run.
- A strike is called if the pitch crosses home plate between the batters' armpits and the top of his or her knees without being hit by the batter.
- No batted ball has ever hit the scoreboard, though Sam Snead did manage to hit it with a golf ball teed off from home plate.
- The batting team sends one batter at a time to home plate to try to hit a ball thrown by the pitcher forward into fair territory.
- The batter then waits for the pitcher to throw a "pitch" (the ball) toward home plate, and attempts to hit the ball with the bat.
- The offensive team sends one batter at a time to home plate to use the bat to try to hit the pitch forward into fair territory.
- The first single, "On & On," became a number one R&B hit in early 1997, and Baduizm followed it to the top of the R&B album charts by March.
- The first single, "Promises", reunited the band with Mutt Lange and hit the US Mainstream Rock charts at #1 for 3 weeks.
- When their first single, "Chega de Saudade," became a hit, Odeon asked Gilberto to record an album.
- In 1975, Buck Owens and Susan Raye had a Top 20 country hit with the song.
- The first single for his new label, " Rollin' With the Flow ", is a cover of Charlie Rich 's Number One country hit from 1977.
- In 1988, he recorded a duet, "Cajun Baby," with Hank Williams, Jr., that became a Top 50 country hit.
- The most recent one such as in 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Louisiana killing at least 1,836 people.
- Eight days after Hurricane Katrina hit, Michael Jackson announced he would release an all-star charity single within two weeks.
- AAA: Md. motorists catching a break at the pump -The levels come in contrast to the record highs two years ago after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast.
- The eastern and western Cajun regions were among the hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina on August 29, 2005 and Hurricane Rita on September 26, 2005.
- As it was Busch appeared dazed when he first got out of his car and stated later in an interview that it might have been the hardest hit he's ever taken.
- Calling it the "hardest hit I've taken," he had to be helped out of his car in the pits when the engine caught fire.
- Originally the batsman simply had to defend his stool from each ball with his hand and would score a point for each delivery until the stool was hit.
- The score, which included the hit "Who?," was the first of several collaborations between Jerome Kern and lyricists Oscar Hammerstein II and Otto Harbach.
- A hit that allows the batter to score on the same play is a home run, whether or not the ball is hit over the fence.
- A critical hit is a hit that cause 50% more damage.
- If you score a critical hit, only the first arrow fired deals critical damage; all others deal regular damage.
- No longer do you have to simply take the same old damage over and over again each time you score a critical hit.
- It is now much easier to score a Broadway berth and hit with a show for which the music is already written (and already popular).
- Gordy and his colleague Billy Davis had written a song called "Got a Job" as an answer song to "Get A Job", a recent hit by The Silhouettes.
- Their first and only hit, " Little Honda ", was written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love of The Beach Boys and given to Usher early in 1964.
- In 1983, the governor of Alabama declared October 29 Lionel Richie day. Richie has written a number one pop hit every year for eight straight years.
- Their first song was "Who's Making Love", which was recorded by Johnnie Taylor and became a # 3 pop hit and # 1 R&B hit, Stax's biggest.
- Their 1976 single "Kiss and Say Goodbye" was both a number one R&B and pop hit, the first (and only one) the band ever earned.
- James Brown 's cover version of "Baby You're Right" (1962) became a U.S. number 2 hit, after which Tex was signed to Dial Records.
- However, its momentum was halted by a cover version by Webb Pierce and Red Sovine that hit number one on the country charts.
- The album, Results, generated four singles, including the hit single "Losing My Mind," a cover version of the Stephen Sondheim song.
- The song was recorded on March 25, 1963 and became the biggest hit of his career, staying at number one on the charts for seven weeks.
- Unexpectedly, the record went to the top of the charts and became the biggest hit of his career.
- The hit which would define Skeeter Davis' career and was her biggest hit was "The End Of the World".
- Mickie hit some forearm shots but Candice fired back until Mickie yanked Candice to the mat by her hair.
- Trish nailed the whirlybird on Victoria and then Mickie hit a spin kick and went for a victory roll but Victoria rolled her up for two.
- Trish pushed her off, but she paid for it, as Mickie hit her with the Mick Kick and her own version of Stratusfaction.
- Mickie hit a back kick to the gut and then hit an elbow in the corner and went for the Mickarana but Victoria countered into a Boston Crab.
- Mickie hit a forearm from the apron, then went to the top rope and hit a flying bodypress for a two count.
- Mickie hit a series of punches, tossed Melina by the hair, then hit a neckbreaker for a two count.
- In 2003, he partnered in a partial duet with Alan Jackson for the song " It's Five O'Clock Somewhere ", a number one hit on the country charts.
- In addition to her own music, Dalley co-wrote Reba McEntire 's single "My Sister", which was a Top 20 hit on the country charts in 2005.
- Little Acts of Treason, her 1995 album, wasn't as big a hit as its two predecessors, but it still enjoyed moderate success on the country charts.
- The album did spawn a hit with the Top 40 "Let Me Go, Love," a duet with Michael McDonald, but her third album, Radioland (1980), was largely ignored.
- In 1938 the song was #1 again, in a duet by Bing Crosby and Connee Boswell; another Crosby duet, this time with Al Jolson, hit the top-20 in 1947.
- In 1981, Cher released her first Top 5 hit in UK in ten years: "Dead Ringer for Love", a duet with Meat Loaf for his album Dead Ringer.
- Outside of her own albums, Evans found another hit that year with Whitney Houston and Kelly Price on the song "Heartbreak Hotel".
- The following year, debut single " Hit or Miss " charted on the US Modern Rock Chart and exposed the band to a wider audience.
- Their appearance was the first time they had performed the song for the public ever since the song had become a hit the previous year in December, 1989.
- They have also been nominated twice for the smash hit "It's My Life" and two songs from the album Bounce, "Misunderstood" and "Everyday".
- Most notably, "You've Got a Friend" was a smash hit for James Taylor in 1971 and a top 40 hit for Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway that same year.
- The game was a smash hit in Japan, and gamers appreciated its unorthodox and refreshing take on the often formulaic RPG genre.
- Jericho and Michaels both go for chair shots, with the chairs colliding, and Michaels comes out on top, then turning to hit Show.
- Cher and Sonny's 1974 split brought the hit show to a premature end, devastating CBS executives and fans.
- At first this was a hit show, but eventually was axed due to falling ratings.
- The phones were an instant hit as soon as they belatedly hit the Korean market on Nov.
- I would not play the game for many years, but once I did it would be an instant hit with me an my friends, in spite of some issues.
- Ja Rule was an instant hit and still reeling from that success, he and Gotti began working on his first album.
- The title track, A #2 R&B hit and a Top 30 pop hit, featured guest vocals from late soul music legend Marvin Gaye, culled from unreleased recordings.
- Though Bounce did not enjoy the level of success of its predecessor, the album did produce hit singles such as " Everyday " and the title track.
- The title track, written by Laura Nyro, was a major hit for Streisand.
- Their next album, Draw the Line, was not nearly as successful, though the title track proved to be a minor hit.
- Alex Dickson replaced Baby Stafford before the release of their second album Gallus, of which the single "Steal Your Fire" was a minor hit.
- The song was written and originally released in 1959 by Hank Ballard and the Midnighters as a B-side (to “Teardrops on Your Letter”) but was a minor hit.
- What are the criteria that the patient demonstrates for HIT? Answer: Thrombocytopenia (drop by 50%), use of heparin for 4 days, positive ELISA test.
- The side effects of LMWH are very similar to heparin; however, HIT and osteoporosis are much less common.
- The antigen in HIT Type II may be a complex of heparin and platelet factor 4 (PF4) (Fig.
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) with or without thrombosis (HITT) is thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) due to the administration of heparin.
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) is caused by platelet-activating IgG antibodies that recognize platelet factor 4 (PF4) bound to heparin.
- Although both argatroban and lepirudin are used for the management of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), data comparing these agents are lacking.
- Culture > Entertainment > Games > Ball
- Arts > Music > Songs > Song
- Culture > Arts > Music > Album
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Family > Top
* Ball Hit
* Band Hit
* Big Hit
* Car Hit
* First Hit
* Hit Album
* Hit Number
* Hit Record
* Hit Single
* Hit Song
* Players Hit
* Pop Charts
* Shot Hit
Books about "Hit" in