Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Howard Cosell"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Howard Cosell is a legend in the sports broadcasting business.
- Howard Cosell was arguably the most colorful and controversial national sports reporter and personality in American media.
- Howard Cosell was not an actor, but rather a lawyer-turned-sportscaster who became one of the great characters of the 1970s and 1980s.
- The feature film Ali features Jon Voight as Howard Cosell to a very close degree, enough to earn him an Academy Award nomination.
- The song "Boxing" by Ben Folds Five from their eponymous first album is a tribute to Howard Cosell.
- The song "Boxing" by Ben Folds Five from their eponymous first album is a tribute to the late Howard Cosell.
- The feature included a candid interview between Lombardi and Howard Cosell on the pressures that forced him into retirement with the Green Bay Packers.
- In Jackson's absence, Don Drysdale filled-in for him on play-by-play alongside Howard Cosell.
- He left for three seasons (1974 to 1976) to work with Curt Gowdy at NBC, then returned to MNF partners Frank Gifford and Howard Cosell.
- That, as well as larger changes that included the departure of Howard Cosell and the retirement of Arledge, led to his departure from ABC in the mid-1980s.
- I used to run into Howard Cosell occasionally, more often than not at an NFL "Monday Night Football" game.
- Howard Cosell, born Howard William Cohen (March 25, 1918 – April 23, 1995), was a well-known sports journalist on American television.
- ABC even tried Cosell as the host of his own variety series in 1975; however, Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell only lasted for half a season.
- Ironically, Howard Cosell hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live on the last episode of its 1984-1985 season.
- Schenkel's straightforward, low-key approach contrasted with the distinctive flair of fellow ABC broadcasters such as McKay, Keith Jackson and Howard Cosell.
- The play-by-play team of Howard Cosell, Keith Jackson and Don Meredith soon became household names.
- Other announcers on the ABC Sports roster such as Keith Jackson, Frank Gifford, and Howard Cosell had never done a hockey game before.
- I was on a fast track to begin with on a staff with Howard Cosell, Jim McKay, Frank Gifford, Keith Jackson.
- Keith Jackson
- Frank Gifford
- Jim Mckay
- Saturday Night Live
- April 23
Books about "Howard Cosell" in