Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Indigenous People"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The indigenous people are a mix of African, Arab, and Asian (mostly Indian and Malay) descent.
- The indigenous people are Micronesian; other inhabitants are Chamorro and Filipino.
- The indigenous people are demanding that Petrobras withdraw from the national park, which has been declared a biosphere reserve by Unesco.
- The indigenous people, the Yakut, are a Turkic folk, with a considerable admixture of aboriginal Tungus.
- Being an indigenous people, the Kadazans are inferred the same political, educational and economic rights as the predominant Malay population of Malaysia.
- By all accounts, the Latin-speaking people of the Roman Empire represented both a variety of indigenous people as well as colonists who came into the region.
- The Spanish were barred by their laws from slaving of indigenous people, leaving them without a commercial interest deep in the interior of the Amazon basin.
- He eliminated the 40 mile boundary between the Liberian and the indigenous people of the interior, which had been used to contain the indigenous people.
- The early church was closely related to the indigenous people and the Spaniards.
- The confederation and each separate group of indigenous people have worked, since the 1980s, for bettering the life of the aboriginal peoples.
- The Orang Asli, or indigenous people, with their intriguing traditions and way of life, adds color to Pahang's heritage.
- The Beothuk language (also Beothukan) was the language spoken by the Beothuk indigenous people of Newfoundland.
- The Badagas are an indigenous people inhabiting the Nilgiri Hills of Tamil Nadu, southern India.
- Another theory is that the name was in the first place a French word, describing the area which was then applied to the indigenous people inhabiting it.
- These dates are consistent with the oral tradition of the indigenous people inhabiting the area.
- The indigenous people defeated the Spaniards and forced them to withdraw to Guatemala.
- Cotopaxi is commonly depicted in the traditional paintings of the indigenous people of Tigua as the volcano holds significant cultural value.
- They are working against the Supreme Court of Canada which has told them time and time again they must treat Indigenous People with respect.
- Instead it is the right to self-determination that the Palestinian people have as the indigenous people of Palestine.
- It is the first case in Botswana to argue that the San, being the indigenous people, have a right to their ancestral land and culture.
- But indigenous people say that the seed of knowledge and culture never dies,' says Liz.
- Balinese Hinduism has roots in Indian Hinduism and in Buddhism, and adopted the animistic traditions of the indigenous people.
- In 1999, the federal government created Nunavut pursuant to a land claim agreement reached with Inuit, the indigenous people of Canada’s Eastern Arctic.
- The Inuit are the indigenous people of Greenland.
- The Spaniards actually killed some of the indigenous people when they first invaded the indigenous territory.
- Michael Coe tells the story of Mexico through it's common denominator: the indigenous people, the "Indians.
- Thus the large-scale contact with Europeans after 1492 introduced novel germs to the indigenous people of the Americas.
- Sami people have been recognized as the indigenous people in Northern Norway.
- Get to know the Sami culture of indigenous people in Finnmark, Norwegian Lapland.
- Karuk (also Karok) is an indigenous people of California in the United States.
- I am Chamorro, meaning I am person who has the native blood of the indigenous people of the island of Guam.
- Saaroa (autonym: ɬaʔalua) is a Southern Tsouic language is spoken by the Saaroa, a tribe of indigenous people on Taiwan (see Taiwanese aborigines).
- The glacier's demise means less water and a changing way of life for the 30,000 mostly indigenous people who live in the foothills of Cotacachi Mountain.
- Fijian people are the major indigenous people of the Fiji Islands (not to be confused with Indians in Fiji), and live in an area informally called Melanesia.
- You can meet the Saami, the indigenous people of the north, and learn about their traditions and how they live today.
- Some modern authors consider them to be an indigenous people who were Celticized culturally and possibly genetically through intermarriage.
- Two schools of thought have emerged regarding the origin of the indigenous people of the West Indies.
- All haplogroups I are the indigenous people of Europe, the direct descendants of Cro-Magnon (it isn't R1b as previously thought).
- No matter how these flags bulk large in the affections of our indigenous people, they can only ever be symbols for one section of the Australian community.
- As of 2002, the total number of indigenous people in Taiwan was 433,689.
- Most of the Tamils and Sinhalese believe that this place is sacred to them and they are the indigenous people of the area.
- Until 1500, Brazil was inhabited solely by indigenous people, mainly of the Tupi and Guarani ethnic groups.
- Acai (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is an antioxidant rich dark purple berry which has been used by the indigenous people of Brazil for years.
- Hawaiian is the ancestral language of the indigenous people of the Hawaiian Islands, the Hawaiians, a Polynesian people.
- It's always going to be antagonistic relationship between indigenous people and the colonial people.
- The Maori people are the indigenous people of New Zealand.
- Bandung then was called "Paris van Java.The indigenous people of West Java are the Sundanese, the Bantenese, the Naga people, and the Badui people.
- The indigenous people of this province are the Manado and Minahasa people.The province has a vast amount of coconut plantations fringed along the coastline.
- The indigenous people are Micronesian.
- The breed has its origins as a reindeer herder of the Sami people, the indigenous people of an area in the Nordic countries.
- Norwegians, unlike their neighbors, already used the word "finn" for the Sami people[ 36] who were the indigenous people on the same area.
- The area around Zamboanga Peninsula has been occupied by indigenous people as early as 30,000 years ago.
- There are many indigenous people who have lived in South Africa for thousands of years.
- They are the indigenous people of southern Africa, and have lived there for tens of thousands of years.
- The area of present Cagayan de Oro has been occupied by indigenous people for approximately 40,000 years.
- Sutherlandia frutescens has been used for thousands of years by the indigenous people of South Africa to treat chronic and acute digestive complaints.
- Thousands of jobs were created not only for coastal Liberians, but for the indigenous people of the interior.
- A number of indigenous people represent electorates at State and Territorial level, and South Australia has had an Aboriginal Governor, Sir Douglas Nicholls.
- A number of Indigenous people represent electorates at State and Territorial level, and South Australia has had an Aboriginal Governor, Sir Douglas Nicholls.
- The elevation of Tubman to the presidency of Liberia marked a watershed in relations between the Liberian people and the indigenous people of the interior.
- Licancabur is a Cunza word that the indigenous people of this area used to refer to themselves as well as to the volcano.
- Cardoso led a movement of indigenous people to demand that 15,000 hectares in the area be declared indigenous territory.
- These primarily occurred due to shifts in ideology, the economic exhaustion from the war and increased demand by indigenous people for self-determination.
- Prior to the establishment of modern Zambia, the indigenous people lived in independent tribes, each with their own ways of life.
- We as Indigenous People have depended on the land since time immemorial.
- The Basques are an indigenous people who inhabit parts of both Spain and France.
- To strategize status elevation and assert the rights of the Bethechilokono [Indigenous People of Saint Lucia].
- The good news is that there are various organizations that are working today to preserve and defend the rights of indigenous people.
- Maori Party
- Geography > Regions > Northern Europe > Sami
- People > Age > People > Celts
- Continents > Oceania > Polynesia > Māori
* Andean Region
* British Rule
* Common Forms
* Cultural Significance
* Dayak Tribes
* Largest Group
* Maori Party
* North America
Books about "Indigenous People" in