Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Initiation"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Initiation is a ritual that a fraternity or sorority holds in order to induct their "pledges" (also called associates or new members) into the organization.
- Initiation is the introduction of a disciple into the sacred universe of the tutelary deity of one of these classes of tantra.
- Initiation is an important time for the new initiates.
- Initiation is the ceremony which links all Sigma Chis together.
- Initiation is the secret ceremony by which a man becomes part of Sigma Chi.
- On January 2, 1997, NIST announced the initiation of the AES development effort and made a formal call for algorithms on September 12, 1997.
- To engage in it one must receive an appropriate initiation (also known as an "empowerment") from a lama who is fully qualified to give it.
- Initiation the halogen radicals form by homolysis.
- The priests purified the candidates for initiation (myesis).
- This ancient culture continues to this day as initiates from all around the world return to Nigeria for initiation into the traditional priesthood.
- In Theosophy the initiates believes adept means the person has passed through the fifth stage of initiation.
- The clinical research nurse physically examined all initiates in each initiation school at the 2 nd, 4 th, 7 th and 14 th day after circumcision.
- In 1974 he was initiated by his guru to awaken people spiritually via shaktipat diksha (initiation).
- The word Bora was originally from South-East Australia, but is now often used throughout Australia to describe an initiation site or ceremony.
- Treatment consists of urinary drainage, prompt initiation of antibiotic therapy, and strict glucose control.
- Chain initiation The chain is initiated (started) by UV light breaking a chlorine molecule into free radicals.
- Cellulose synthesis requires chain initiation and elongation, and the two processes are separate.
- Thus, regardless of the treatment modality used, early diagnosis and rapid initiation of therapy are essential in order to salvage the ischemic extremity.
- In the vessel wall, TF is constitutively expressed in subendothelial cells, leading to rapid initiation of coagulation when the vessel is damaged.
- She warned the eventual Diva Search winner that she would be hazing them as part of an "initiation party" next week on RAW.
- Dick had recently become a disciple, and had taken Kriya initiation from me.
- In both prokaryotes and eukaryotes there are proteins called initiation factors that are required for the correct assembly of an initiation complex.
- The 30S ribosomal subunit attaches to the mRNA, mediated by IF-1 and IF-3 (initiation factors).
- Formation of this complex also requires a number of helper proteins called initiation factors.
- Circumcision is part of the initiation rite in a number of African and Australian Aboriginal tribal traditions.
- This is important because the practice of tantra yoga can commence only after an aspirant has procured a tantric initiation from a qualified teacher.
- They are said daily not only by monks and nuns, but Tibetan Buddhist practitioners who have received tantric initiation (required for the Lama Chopa).
- We can begin to learn something about the nature of Vajrayana initiation if we consider why the term abhisheka was chosen for this ritual.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA): The norms and rituals of the Catholic Church for people who wish to join the Church.
- There are no monthly dues or initiation fees, and all aircraft are hangared and well maintained.
- Some chapters also include a one-time association and initiation fee.
- The Chapter shall pay an initiation fee of an amount set by the Grand Council for the Honorary Brother.
- They initiated ten men from the class of l9l4 at which time the initiation fee was raised to ten dollars.
- Siddha Yoga practice begins with spiritual initiation, shaktipat diksha.
- The key to this divine vision of ourselves and the world is shaktipat, or spiritual initiation.
- The process of blood coagulation is divided into an initiation phase followed by a propagation phase.
- Glycogenin is a self-glucosylating protein involved in the initiation phase of glycogen biosynthesis.
- The clotting time measures the length of the initiation phase of thrombin generation and therefore reflects only part of the function (33, see also above).
- In the initiation ceremonies of eastern Arnhem Land it is said that Julunggul swallows the young boys.
- Nearby chapters use Holt House for pledging and initiation ceremonies and alumnae clubs and community organizations use it for meetings.
- The first three bases of the coding sequence (CDS) of mRNA to be translated into protein are called a start codon or initiation codon.
- Lactobacillus species are not important in the initiation of caries but in the continuation.
- C). Only the initiation, not the continuation, of viral DNA replication was essential for core protein synthesis.
- For those who are not Buddhists, or who do not wish to take the empowerment at this time, the initiation can be taken as a blessing.
- According to Geen, motivation refers to the initiation, direction, intensity and persistence of human behavior.
- He went to the Guru, received religious instruction and initiation, and became one of his most devoted followers.
- The followers of Gorakhnath are usually called Kanphatas, because their ears are pierced and rings are inserted in them, at the time of their initiation.
- The cornerstones of its treatment are both discontinuation of all heparin (including catheter flushes) and initiation of alternative anticoagulation.
- Known by some as the python dance, the Domba dance is an essential ritual in the initiation rites for young Venda females.
- Discuss Buddhist background history, initiation rites, generation and completion stage practices of Kalachakra.
- In this tract, Springmeier states, "Billy Graham took part in the initiation rites of Jim Shaw as a 33rd degree Mason.
- Other "fraternity secrets" may include passwords, songs, handshakes (often known as grips), journals and initiation rites.
- This patient was initially hospitalized for a thromboembolic stroke that became hemorrhagic after the initiation of treatment with heparin and clopidogrel.
- Followers are introduced to these practices through initiation which is also called empowerment.
- Traditionally, it is the major initiation that provides the disciple with access to the whole range of Vajrayana deities and practices.
- When we receive this initiation and follow the practices the Guru teaches, Siddha Yoga unfolds spontaneously within us.
- Simplicity was the keynote of the founders and exhibited itself in the absence of initiation fees, dues, constitution and even formalized ideas.
- Rift valleys form by tensional forces, typically those associated with the initiation of plate separation (see plate tectonics).
- The initiation of force is usually referred to as aggression or coercion.
- In order to identify reactions responsible for the regulation of clotting by flow, we introduced a parameter characterizing the time of initiation phase.
- Initiation of clot formation in response to tissue injury is carried out by the extrinsic pathway of clotting.
- On February 13, 1913, the College Board of Trustees voted to prohibit initiation of additional members into fratenities and sororities.
- Initiation of the tachycardia depends on a critical heart rate that differs in each patient.
- Hazing is the ritualistic harassment, abuse, or persecution of prospective members of a group as a means of initiation.
- Baptism is full initiation by water and the Holy Spirit into Christ's body the church (BCP, p.
- In Mexico the initiation of Catholic Pentecostalism is attributed to the American Missionaries of the Holy Spirit.
- From the time one has resolved to accept such an initiation, the utmost sustained effort in guru devotion is essential.
- Platelets appear essential for the initiation of coagulation if no activating surface is present.
- From the time one has resolved to accept a Vajrayana initiation, the utmost sustained effort in guru devotion is essential.
- The start signal, or initiation codon, for translating the mRNA is usually specified by an AUG, which codes for the amino acid methionine.
- The first tRNA that takes part in the initiation always carries the same amino acid, methionine.
- ATG or AUG: The codon for methionine; the translation initiation codon.
- In order to access this knowledge, the practitioner requires initiation from a skilled spiritual teacher or guru.
- Access to tantric practice is restricted to those who have received initiation, a ritual which empowers the practitioner to evoke a particular deity.
- In Chapter 28 we said that, in the Vajrayana initiation, the practitioner is given the keys with which to enter and experience the sacred universe.
- Patients will be enrolled at initiation of chemotherapy and no later than 48h from the first day of neutropenia.
- Oral mucositis may appear from 4 to 7 days after the initiation of chemotherapy.
- Details of these practices are normally only explained to practitioners by their teachers after receiving an initiation or 'permission to practice'.
- Chan practice does not require receiving an empowerment (initiation) beforehand, whereas dzogchen practice does.
- For this reason also, Vajrayana should only ever be practiced after receiving an appropriate initiation (also known as an empowerment) from a qualified lama.
- It is the job of the smaller ribosomal subunit to locate the AUG codon that will be used as the starting point for translation (called the initiation codon).
- The initiation of protein translation involves the assembly of the ribosome and addition of the first amino acid, methionine.
- The initiation of translation requires recognition of an AUG codon.
- Society > Humans > Health > Therapy
- Health > Diseases > Treatments > Treatment
- Anatomy > Tissues > Blood > Coagulation
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Ritual
* Baseline Level
* Dalai Lama
* Dose Adjustments
* Formal Ceremony
* Important Role
* Initiation Ceremony
* Initiation Ritual
* Kalachakra Initiation
* Lipid Levels
* Membership Dues
* Ritual Initiation
* Sand Mandala
* Shaktipat Initiation
* Spiritual Master
* Srila Prabhupada
* Swami Muktananda
* Theta Chi Fraternity
* Tibetan Buddhism
* Treatment Initiation
Books about "Initiation" in