Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Instrumentals"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Instrumentals is a new ten-part series of fifteen minute musical interludes, focusing on a different traditional music instrument each week.
- Instrumentals were common, while songs with lyrics were sometimes conceptual, abstract, or based in fantasy.
- Reviews: "Instrumentals is a miscellany of short pieces that reflect the spirit of his musical ideas through the years.
- Studio One instrumentals are the foundation of Reggae.
- The Very Best of Earl Bostic is a 25-track overview of his jump blues and R&B instrumentals recorded for King in the late '40s and '50s.
- The Canadian Progressive Rock trio Rush has written, recorded, and performed several instrumentals throughout its career.
- Hawkins was with the blues singer until June 1923, making many records in a background role and he was occasionally heard on instrumentals.
- This unique lesson with the incomparable Doc Watson provides detailed instruction for 13 of his most popular songs and instrumentals.
- Crawford likes to write instrumentals and his tunes have been recorded by Lloyd Green, Doug Jernigan, Chet Atkins, and others.
- He now began sending demos of his guitar instrumentals to Chet Atkins at RCA Victor.
- A show full of great songs, instrumentals and comedy and plenty of requests with your old favorites.
- This is a pure song album with no banjo instrumentals, but both Luke Kelly and Barney McKenna does some marvelous backup playing throughout the record.
- Similarly, the instrumentals on Heroes are more detailed, this time showing a more explicit debt to German synth pop and European experimental rock.
- Ocean Lab has the instrumentals of the tune while Lil Jon has his "What You Gonna Do" chorus and Eminem has a verse from Drake's "Forever".
- With Alison Krauss as producer, this album mixes ballads that highlight their vocal skills with instrumentals.
- I agree. Yes they are great instrumentals but his genius is shown mostly in songs when he bounds his music with lyrics and the voices of Maxim and Keith.
- Banjo picker Tim Davis and mandolinist Matt Hiser have collaborated on a new album of bluegrass instrumentals called Flying High.
- Some of the instrumentals on disc one and two are examples of bluegrass "breakdowns" that are played at a breakneck pace.
- Bluegrass (the term was gaining recognition as a musical form) banjo instrumentals were becoming more and more prominent in the music.
- The album features two instrumentals all written by the band.
- Five of the 18 tracks are instrumentals, and the earliest three are from 1934, actually predating Fitzgerald's joining the band.
- While touring in support of Chicago VI in 1973, the band began getting restless and started integrating some lengthy jazz instrumentals into their sets.
- The repertoire was mainly instrumentals, and Benny recalls one of his standout numbers was "Baby Elephant Walk".
- Freddie King - His instrumentals became guitar standards.
- Heir apparent to Freddie King and Albert Collins, Jack plays original instrumentals like no one else.
- Although Erskine Hawkins' Orchestra was at its best on instrumentals, it did record a fair amount of vocal numbers during the swing era.
- Carter's switching the emphasis from "Hillbilly" instrumentals to vocals, made a great many of their songs part of the standard Country music canon.
- The dance music used is mostly popular instrumentals and vocals from the easy listening category, dating back to the 1950's and earlier.
- His style of music differed from Bill Monroe's in that Jimmy Martin's style focused on the vocals, not instrumentals.
- The album contains an almost even mix of songs and instrumentals, including polkas and a waltz.
- Those two tracks were slapped on the album at the last minute as instrumentals.
- Album Features
- Arts > Music > Blues > Freddie King
- Musical Ideas
Books about "Instrumentals" in