Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Ioc"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The IOC was presented with two possible host cities for the first post-war Games: Lake Placid, United States and St. Moritz, Switzerland.
- IOC is good at avoiding misidentification of the CBD, but poor at detecting an aberrant RHD depending on the location of the CD puncture site.
- The IOC is announcing the 2018 host city in 2011 in Durban, South Africa.
- The IOC is to select the host city on July 4.
- The IOC is conducting 2,000 doping tests at the Vancouver Games, 800 more than in Turin four years ago.
- Popov claims that the KGB ensured IOC members from the Soviet-controlled Eastern Bloc voted for Samaranch in 1980, on the eve of the Moscow Olympic Games.
- After the 1988 Games, the IOC decided to make all professional athletes eligible for the Olympics, subject to the approval of the IFs.
- However, Vanoc is expecting to get approval from the IOC for a number of cost-cutting measures that will help its bottom line.
- Vanoc and the IOC are still saying that at minimum they can hit zeros across the bottom of the ledger and at maximum have a surplus.
- However, the then IOC President Avery Brundage turned down the demand, saying that sport has nothing to do with politics.
- Under his leadership, the IOC aims to create more possibilities for developing countries to bid for and host the Olympic Games.
- Rogge said the IOC invests $3 billion in each four-year Olympic cycle, helping to build facilities and train athletes and coaches in developing countries.
- The announcement came a day after Probst met in Berlin with IOC president Jacques Rogge to discuss the dispute over the U.S. Olympic Network.
- Shortly after the announcement of the results, Russia signed an official contract with the IOC to host the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- The date of the election by the IOC members and of the announcement of the host city remains unchanged.
- Its presentation video said Nanjing would have 83,000 hotel rooms by 2014 and would "strictly fulfill its obligations" with "minimal risk to the IOC".
- The IOC evaluation report gave the unofficial nod to Nanjing as the bid to beat.
- In 1948, the IOC selected the Swiss town of St. Moritz to host the post-war Games, the first city to host a Winter Olympics twice.
- An important change was proposed and accepted in 1986, when the IOC decided not to hold the Summer and the Winter Olympics in the same year.
- First off, crime is a major problem in Rio, and many IOC members will have serious concerns about security should the Brazilian city host the Games.
- If the IOC selects a short list of more than three cities, Rio might get that chance.
- After the choice of Rio the IOC can simply not ignore Africa, Blatter said, saying that the IOC is now seemingly following a rotation principle like FIFA.
- Since the Salt Lake City bribery scandal, IOC members have been barred from visiting bid cities.
- IOC president Jacques Rogge urged athletes to shun drugs as the Winter Games got under way in Turin.
- During Rogge's watch, the IOC also collaborated with Italian police in their doping raid on the Austrian cross-country team's lodgings in Turin.
- The allegations also served to sour many IOC members against Sion's bid and potentially helped Turin to capture the host city nomination.
- In recent years, the IOC has added several new sports to the programme to attract attention from young spectators.
- The IOC has barred a televised debate between the cities bidding to host the 2012 games amid concerns the programme may breach ethical guidelines.
- Neither the IOC or federal government is named in the lawsuit by a group of 10 former and current women ski jumpers from Europe, the U.S. and Canada.
- The lawsuit, however, is against the Vancouver Organizing Committee and not the IOC.
- News of the lawsuit reached IOC members, who were surprised to learn that there was opposition to the bid.
- The IOC started an investigation, which led to four members resigning and six being expelled.
- BEIJING (AP) The investigation goes on, so does the wait, yet the IOC indicated Sunday that a reshuffling of Olympic gymnastics medals isn't likely.
- The IOC launches an investigation after blood transfusion equipment is found in a house used by the Austrian team at Salt Lake City.
- As this traditional winter sport could be conducted indoors, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved its inclusion in the Summer Olympics program.
- The IOC voted in 2006 to keep women's ski jumping off the 2010 program, saying it wasn't developed enough to meet the criteria for inclusion at an Olympics.
- The Soviet Union requested the inclusion of a women's speed skating event, but this was rejected by the IOC at the 49th Congress in Athens in 1954.
- Brundage and the IOC continued to protest, but Mexican ofﬁcials stonewalled.
- In protest, IOC president Avery Brundage was conspicuously absent from the alpine skiing awards ceremonies.
- The IOC has since become the governing body of the Olympic Movement, whose structure and actions are defined by the Olympic Charter.
- The IOC Grand Prix is a useful tool for keeping in close contact with the Olympic movement.
- The IOC organizes the modern Olympic Games held in Summer and Winter, every four years.
- The IOC mandated that the Winter Games be celebrated every four years on the same year as their summer counterpart.
- It was the closest vote by the IOC since Sydney, Australia beat Beijing for the 2000 Summer Olympics by 2 votes.
- China is stripped of its team bronze by IOC over age violation, so U.S. women who competed in Sydney, Australia, move up from fourth to medal position.
- Russia competed at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney under the IOC country code RUS. It was the fifteenth appearance of the nation.
- The IOC will announce the winning city on Oct.
- Because of the economic downturn, the IOC postponed negotiations on the lucrative U.S. rights until sometime after the Oct.
- St. Moritz was appointed by the IOC to host the second Olympic Winter Games in 1928.[ 9] Fluctuating weather conditions made these Olympics memorable.
- The IOC selected the Swiss town of St. Moritz to host the first post-war Games in 1948.
- The IOC selected St. Moritz to host the 1948 Games at their general session in September 1946.
- The IOC decided to award both pairs the gold medal in a second medal ceremony held later in the Games.
- Under International Olympic Committee (IOC) rules Thanou, who finished second behind Jones in Sydney, would now be expected to receive the gold medal.
- However, the IOC medal database credits the gold medal only to Gustav Moths.
- Like Chirac, Obama will also show up on the morning of the vote, and it's hard to imagine how he'll meet with many IOC members.
- Obama was a vocal supporter of his adopted hometown's bid even before he became president, and he has sent four video messages to IOC members.
- The White House later formally announced the trip, saying that Obama and his wife "will both make presentations to the IOC during Friday's session.
- The Canadian women's hockey team is taking criticism from the IOC for their behavior on the ice after capturing the gold medal in Thursday.
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin assured the IOC on Thursday that construction and financing are on schedule.
- As Fasel said to me Thursday, he doesn't want the IOC to owe Vanoc any extra money at all.
- Olympic Games: Prince Albert may not be able to attend the meeting of the IOC in Singapore on July 6 where he would have voted for Paris.
- These sports were reviewed by the IOC Executive Board and then referred to the General Session in Singapore in July 2005.
- The IOC members will select the host city on July 4 in Guatemala City.
- The crucial task for delegates at the annual meeting of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) was to select the host city for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- While Sion had been the front-runner from the start, delegates said Turin made a strong impression in Friday's presentation to the IOC assembly.
- The IOC, supine and bought, barely bothered to investigate the gymnasts, until the end of the Games, and even then, did so half-heartedly.
- He has recently appeared at the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics after being elected a member of the IOC, presenting flowers to volunteers.
- In August 2008 the IOC issued DMCA take down notices on Tibetan Protest videos of the Beijing Olympics hosted on youtube [ 13].
- The IOC decision applies to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and onwards.
- The IOC reinforced its decision to drop both sports during the Turin Games after they lost votes for reconsideration.
- The IOC also put pressure on Vanoc to reverse a decision to scrap nightly medal ceremonies in Whistler.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland was appointed by the IOC to host the second Olympic Winter Games in 1928.
- Switzerland, France and Poland have eight votes on the IOC. They will want to cut a deal.
- The board, led by IOC president Jacques Rogge, meets June 21-23 in Lausanne to confirm the official candidates.
- At the 1921 Congress in Lausanne, the IOC decided to hold a winter version of the Olympic games.
- Paris was also the first home of the IOC, before moving to Lausanne for more neutrality.
- As president of the IOC from 1952 to 1972, Avery Brundage rejected all attempts to link the Olympics with commercial interests.
- VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - IOC president Jacques Rogge says his organization is "in deep mourning" following the death of a Georgian luger.
- In 2003 the IOC awarded the 2010 Winter Olympics to Vancouver, thus allowing Canada to host its second Winter Olympics.
- IOC members selected the Chinese city over Poznan, Poland during the Session in Vancouver on Wednesday.
- The IOC had said previously that it had verified the passports of all athletes competing at the games.
- IOC representatives were given tours of Olympic Venues currently under construction in Sochi.
- The Guangzhou Games said it is adhering to IOC rules that prohibit tobacco products inside venues and from organizers from accepting from tobacco companies.
- We also agreed with the IOC experts on the final location of our Olympic venues.
- The National Olympic Committee of Macao, China has not been accepted by the IOC as a member, although already a member of the Olympic Council of Asia.
- FIG recommended the IOC take the medal back as her scores aided China in winning the team bronze.
- International groups attempted to pressure the IOC to reject Beijing's bid in protest of the state of human rights in the People's Republic of China.
- The IOC has said it would take "necessary measures" if any gymnasts were found to be underage.
- Dmitry Chernyshenko said: "We are relishing the arrival of the IOC Coordination Commission for their first visit to my beautiful home city, Sochi.
- OCOGs are dissolved after each Games, once the final report is delivered to the IOC. French and English are the official languages of the Olympic Movement.
- OCOGs are dissolved after each Games, once the final report is delivered to the IOC.
- In 1925 the IOC decided to create a separate Olympic Winter Games, and the 1924 Games in Chamonix was retroactively designated as the first Winter Olympics.
- The main decision to be taken by the IOC members will be the election of the Host City for the XXII Olympic Winter Games in 2014.
- In 1986, the IOC decided to stagger the Summer and Winter Games on separate years.
- But as the IOC did not enforce this rule for those Winter Games, the COC in turn did not enforce it.
- The COC lodged a strong protest with the IOC and withdrew from the games.
- The IOC President thanked Moscow for its excellent efforts and the quality of its candidature.
- The IOC also voiced satisfaction with the progress being made by organizers of the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- Dmitry Chernyshenko, the head of the Sochi bidding committee, promised the IOC "fantastic" Olympic Games in Russia.
- The IOC has said it hopes that women's ski jumping will meet the requirements for inclusion at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- During the Beijing games, 3,667 athletes were tested by the IOC under the auspices of the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Six skiers and four biathletes were also taken for drug screens by the IOC as a part of the raid, and the IOC had not yet announced results of those tests.
- Pyeongchang will submit their detailed host plan to the IOC on Wednesday.
- The IOC approved Munich and Pyeongchang without any reservations, but said Annecy should review its sports venue plans.
- However, IOC executive director Gilbert Felli said Annecy was asked to review its sports sites for the next stage of the race to host the games.
- Events > Competition > Competitions > Winter Games
- Population > Settlements > Cities > Sochi
* Candidate Cities
* Executive Board
* First Time
* General Meeting
* Gymnastics Competition
* International Gymnastics Federation
* Ioc Executive Board
* Ioc Meeting
* Ioc Member
* Ioc Members
* Ioc President
* Ioc President Jacques Rogge
* Ioc Session
* Ioc Vote
* July 2011
* Modern Olympics
* October 2009
* Organizing Committee
* Performance Enhancing Drugs
* Prime Minister Vladimir Putin
* Respective Countries
* Secret Ballot
* Vladimir Putin
Books about "Ioc" in