Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Janis Joplin"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Janis Joplin is a godess.
- Janis Joplin was an American blues-influenced rock singer and occasional songwriter with a distinctive voice.
- Janis Joplin was born to Seth and Dorothy (East) Joplin; her father was an engineer at Texaco, her mother, registrar at a business college.
- Janis Joplin was a middle-class white girl who sang the blues with the San Francisco band Big Brother and The Holding Company.
- Dana Fuchs plays Sadie, and her stunning voice naturally lends itself to comparisons to Janis Joplin.
- He was at one point a singing coach to blues singer Janis Joplin, and a young guitarist named Jimi Hendrix was also a one-time member of The Kings of Rhythm.
- October 4 - Janis Joplin dies of a heroin overdose inside her hotel room in Los Angeles, California.
- The style she describes in press materials as "Janis Joplin meets Aretha Franklin" is more like Donny Hathaway lite.
- Janis Joplin 's rendition of "Ball and Chain", accompanied by Big Brother and the Holding Company, provides an example of this technique.
- Society > Culture > Arts > Music
- Culture > Arts > Music > Singers
- World > Countries > United States > Texas
- Culture > Arts > Music > Blues
- Glossaries > Glossary of Soul Musicians /
Books about "Janis Joplin" in