Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Jazz Fusion"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Jazz fusion is a weird genre.
- Jazz fusion was also popular in Japan where the band Casiopea released over thirty albums praising Jazz Fusion.
- Cumbia & Jazz Fusion is an album by Charles Mingus recorded for the Atlantic label in 1977.
- Though there are jazz colorings in the group's music, West of Next does not play jazz or "jazz fusion".
- The genre is characterised by extended compositions and is comparable to jazz fusion and progressive jazz.
- Jazz fusion, instrumental rock quartet.
- The channel casts a large net into the world of jazz fusion, covering everything from early groove-jazz to jazz-rock and world fusion.
- It was also becoming harder to market jazz fusion as traditional jazz was making a comeback at the time.
- The band was also beginning to suffer from the revival of more traditionally-styled jazz at the time, which made it harder to market jazz fusion.
- Bob James (born December 25, 1939 in Marshall, Missouri) is a smooth jazz and jazz fusion keyboardist, arranger and producer.
- Em 1976 Charles Mingus conta com a colaboração do saxofonista colombiano Justo Almario para gravar Cumbia & Jazz Fusion.
- Weather Report was an influential jazz fusion band of the 1970s and 1980s, one of the bands that defined the genre.
- It was a worldwide hit, but, after a brief supporting tour with Larry Coryell and Mitch Mitchell in his band, he left to join the jazz fusion group Lifetime.
- John McLaughlin (born January 4, 1942), also Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, is a jazz fusion guitar player from Doncaster, Yorkshire in England.
- Collins simultaneously performed in a jazz fusion group called Brand X. The band recorded their first album, Unorthodox Behaviour, with Collins as drummer.
- The rock and jazz fusion bands of that era inspired experimentation & inventiveness and molded the musical mind and spirit of this young musician.
- In the 1970s, with the advent of jazz rock and jazz fusion, there was a major change in the composition of the jazz rhythm section.
- The music is jazz fusion at its best.
- The Mahavishnu Orchestra was arguably the most influential, and certainly one of the best, jazz fusion groups ever.
- ABG covers a wide range of musical territory from Jazz Fusion to rock.
- Describe jazzipino and what sets it apart from all the other kinds of jazz fusion.
- Chad Wackerman (born March 25, 1960 in Long Beach, California) is a jazz, jazz fusion and rock drummer.
- Derek Sherinian (born August 25, 1966) is an American rock and jazz fusion keyboardist based in Los Angeles, California.
- It developed over the 1980s and 1990s and could be seen as taking the boundary crossing of jazz fusion or Jazz-Funk onto new ground.
- The term "jazz rock" is often used as a synonym for the term "jazz fusion".
- Many unique musical styles are performed throughout Überjam, including Jazz fusion, Jazz-funk, drum and bass, and Acid Jazz.
- In the 1970s, there was jazz fusion, which blended jazz music with rock music.
- Some progressive metal bands are also influenced by jazz fusion and classical music.
- Flora Purim is a Jewish Brazilian jazz singer known mainly for her work in jazz fusion.
- Flora Purim is a Brazilian jazz singer known mainly for her work in jazz fusion.
- While their work was often categorised as "jazz fusion", the band members themselves generally rejected the term.
- He has done a good deal of cross-over jazz or jazz fusion and even worked with Punk rockers at one point.
- Pours in a few tablespoons of jazz fusion and a heaping cup of urban street funk.
- Trumpeter and composer Miles Davis had the greatest influence on the development of jazz fusion by a single individual.
- Jazz fusion ensembles such as Spyro Gyra and Bob James' Fourplay were important in the development of the genre.
- Trumpeter and composer Miles Davis had a major influence on the development of jazz fusion with his 1968 album entitled Miles in the Sky.
- John Patitucci (born December 22, 1959) is an American jazz double bass and electric bass player, specializing in post-bop, jazz fusion and Brazilian jazz.
- Frank Gambale (born December 22, 1958[ citation needed]) is an Australian jazz fusion guitarist.
- Frank Gambale (born December 22, 1958) is an Australian jazz fusion guitarist.
- Howard Moon, one of the main characters in the popular British comedy The Mighty Boosh, is a huge fan and player of jazz fusion.
- He is a jazz fusion and instrumental rock guitarist and composer.
- John McLaughlin (born January 4, 1942), also Mahavishnu John McLaughlin is a jazz fusion guitarist and composer from Doncaster, Yorkshire in England.
- A Jazz Fusion guitar player and composer.
- Its comedy, Beavis and Butthead, soul singers and jazz fusion a melting pot of artists and Flip Knights vocal style.
- In the mid 70s many jazz artists began introducing soul elements to create jazz fusion, which the upfront DJs soon started to play.
- Earl Klugh is a jazz fusion guitarist and composer whose blend of jazz, pop and rhythm and blues has topped the charts and won him 13 Grammy nominations.
- Clan Dyken - World rock activist band with blues and jazz fusion influences.
- Morse adeptly fuses a wide range of musical styles, including jazz fusion, bluegrass, southern rock, baroque classical and metal.
- My musical tastes started to change, I was listening to jazz fusion with drummers like Dennis Chambers, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl and Virgil Donati.
- Neo-bop is a style of jazz that emerged in the 1980s as a reaction against free jazz and jazz fusion.
- The six tracks on Flossy may best be called jazz fusion in the style of Miles Davis and Bill Laswell.
- This group was considered an important pioneer in the jazz fusion movement, founded by Miles Davis.
- Solea is neither cool jazz nor jazz fusion, and it’s something different than flamenco jazz, third stream again.
- Jazz drummers play percussion (predominantly the drum set) in jazz, jazz fusion, and other jazz subgenres such as latin jazz.
- Some artists such as Harry Kandel were famous for mixing Jazz with klezmer, and others like Flora Purim have worked with Latin jazz and Jazz fusion.
- The following is a list of WP:Notability jazz guitarists, including guitarists from related jazz genres such as Western Swing, latin jazz, and jazz fusion.
- In the early 1980s, a commercial form of jazz fusion called pop fusion or "smooth jazz" became successful and garnered significant radio airplay.
- In the early 1980s, a lighter commercial form of jazz fusion called pop fusion or " smooth jazz " became successful and garnered significant radio airplay.
- This genre has been often called " smooth jazz " and is controversial among the listeners of both traditional jazz and jazz fusion.
- In roughly chronological order they are Dixieland, swing, big band, bebop, hard bop, cool jazz, free jazz, jazz fusion and smooth jazz.
- He is arguably best known for his work during the 1970s in the genre of jazz fusion, although his contributions to straight-ahead jazz have been tremendous.
- Never one to be tied to one particular genre, he has experimented with blues rock, heavy metal, and jazz fusion.
- He was partially responsible for the development of modal jazz, and jazz fusion arose from his work with other musicians in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- In the late 1960s, Zawinul recorded with Miles Davis 's studio band and helped create the sound of jazz fusion.
- Jazz fusion In the late 1960s and early 1970s the hybrid form of jazz-rock fusion was developed.
- Bitches Brew is an influential record in the history of jazz fusion.
- Jazz fusion Bitches Brew is an influential record in the history of jazz fusion.
- Smooth Jazz
- Latin Jazz
- Arts > Music > Jazz > Cool Jazz
- Music > Musicians > Miles Davis > Chick Corea
- Late 1960S
* John Mclaughlin
* Late 1970S
* Omar Hakim
Books about "Jazz Fusion" in