Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Jesus Christ Superstar"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a dramatized version of the last seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a rock opera based on the last seven days in the life of Jesus Christ.
- JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR is a dramatised version of the last seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a 1973, Oscar-nominated film adaptation of the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar, about the last weeks of the life of Jesus.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a monument in musical history.
- This is my only criticism - in the 25th Anniversary edition of Jesus Christ Superstar as a soundtrack two discs contain the whole production.
- He was nominated for a Tony Award for Jesus Christ Superstar in 1972 and won a Tony for his appearance in Pippin in 1973.
- Last summer she performed at the Porthouse Theater in Ohio in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. Most recently Dana was seen as Angela in HAIR at Kent.
- He began his career as the Musical Director for the 1977 production of “Jesus Christ Superstar” on Broadway.
- The planned follow up to Jesus Christ Superstar was a musical comedy based on the Jeeves and Wooster novels by P. G. Wodehouse.
- The US album cover for the 1970 release of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- This culminated in a two hour long production being staged in the West End on the back of the success of their third musical, Jesus Christ Superstar (1970).
- This culminated in a two-hour long production being staged in the West End on the back of the success of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- The band took inspiration from concept records by The Who, as well as musicals including West Side Story and Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Jesus Christ Superstar had a title song of the same name, but it was the piece I Don't Know How to Love Him that gained the most air play.
- At the start of 1992, Jon Stevens, joined the Australian cast of the revived stage musical "Jesus Christ Superstar" in the role of Judas.
- Glenn Carter is Simon on this CD, you might all know him as Jesus in the new DVD vesion of Jesus Christ Superstar that was released a few years back.
- As with Jesus Christ Superstar, the musical was released first as a concept album and featured Julie Covington singing the part of Eva Peron.
- As with Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita was released first as a concept album and featured Julie Covington singing the part of Eva Peron.
- Hosanna is also the name of one of the songs featured in the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- For the album based on the rock opera, see Jesus Christ Superstar (album).
Jesus Christ Superstar
- After the success of Hair, rock musicals flourished in the 1970s, with Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Grease and Two Gentlemen of Verona.
- Following the pattern of Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita, a concept album was recorded and released in 1984, before any stage production was underway.
- Jesus Christ Superstar, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, began as an album musical in 1970 and is sometimes categorized as a Rock Opera.
- Rock Opera
- Concept Album
- Culture > Arts > Music > Tim Rice
- Arts > Theatre > Musicals > Godspell
Books about "Jesus Christ Superstar" in