Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Johnny"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Johnny is the son of former NASCAR driver Jim Sauter, and the brother of NASCAR drivers Tim Sauter and Jay Sauter.
- Johnny is a true-blue soul and one of the finest acoustic, and electric blues guitarist living in the world today.
- Johnny (Emile Hirsch, Lords of Dogtown) is the leader in their sordid world of drugs, greed, power and privilege.
- Johnny is the 2008 World bronze medalist and a legitimate pop phenomenon.
- Johnny is the driver of the #13 Thor Sport Racing truck in the Camping World series.
- The other two kids who played guitar in his very first band, Johnny and Edgar Winter, did fairly well for themselves, too.
- With him on board was the legendary Uncle John Turner, who, like Tommy Shannon, had also been playing with Johnny Winter for years.
- Such American musicians as Johnny Winter, Bonnie Raitt, Elmore James and George Thorogood have employed slide guitars to accent their style of blues.
- Johnny Winter went on to explore a more Rock approach, but came back to the Blues in the late '70s.
- He credited Johnny Hodges, Ellington's alto soloist, as a major influence on his playing.
- He played with Johnny Hodges in 1951-52, and recorded the tune "Castle Rock" with him; the tune became a hit, but was released under Hodges's name.
- However, Johnny Hodges ' real career began in 1928 when he joined Duke Ellington 's orchestra.
- Fortunately for music fans, sixty dollars and one broken nose later, Johnny quit the ring and set his sights on the stage.
- Before Johnny Depp became an actor, he played lead guitar in a band called The Kids, based in south Florida; the band's lead singer was Bruce Witkin.
- Burton's regular, Johnny Depp, has been signed on to play the murderous barber.
- Johnny Depp has given his long-time partner Vanessa Paradis a vineyard as congratulations for her months of hard work recording a new album.
- He's now as regular a fixture at the game as poker's other top names, which include Chip Reese, Gus Hansen, Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson.
- In 2006, Hellmuth won his tenth gold bracelet, tying him for the all-time lead with Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan.
- Now age 33, Ivey has won more bracelets than all but game masters Phil Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, and the late Johnny Moss.
- During the eighties and nineties, I would always say hello to Johnny Moss at the World Series of Poker at Binion's Horseshoe in Las Vegas.
- He won more than $50,000 in his first month, and soon started playing in the original "Big Game" with Johnny Moss and Doyle Brunson.
- Very few others celebrate more bracelets than he, only Johnny Moss, Doyle Brunson (both with 8), and Phil Hellmuth with seven.
- The trio joined the Grand Ole Opry radio show in 1950, opened shows for Elvis Presley, and joined the Johnny Cash Show in 1961.
- His songs have been recorded by some of the world's most successful recording artists, including Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Bob Dylan.
- A contemporary of Elvis Presley in the Memphis scene of the mid-'50s, Johnny Burnette played a similar brand of fiery, spare wildman rockabilly.
- In the following decades, he recorded with artists such as Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Faron Young, Merle Haggard, Neil Young and many more.
- Among the artists who recorded his songs between 1949 and 1955 were Jimmy Dickens, Carl Smith, Johnny Horton and Paul Anka.
- It has been recorded by many artists, but the one most often associated with this song is Johnny Horton.
- She later moved to Houston, Texas where she did some recording and worked with Johnny Otis and Junior Parker, among others.
- Nevertheless, he continued to drift from band to band, and played on some records with Johnny Otis, and Billy Eckstine.
- Discovered by Johnny Otis when she was just 15, Etta James has become a veritable legend over a career that's spanned 5 decades.
- In 1940 he moved to California, where he became Johnny Otis 's business partner, performing in Otis's band and opening the famous Barrelhouse Club with him.
- Johnny Longden died on his 96th birthday at his home in Banning, California.
- Success in California with Ricky Nelson Now unemployed in Memphis, Johnny also decided to try his luck in California.
- Evan failed to make the Grand Prix Final while Johnny took the Bronze.
- He finished the 100 yd (91 m) with a silver medal in Paris in 1924, the gold going to Johnny Weissmuller and the bronze to Duke's brother, Samuel Kahanamoku.
- On the other side was Johnny Weir, beaming with bronze.
- After O'Brien played with Johnny Marr in New Zealand in 2001, he acknowledged that Marr was the reason he had picked up a guitar as a teenager.
- Bechet was an important influence on alto saxophonist Johnny Hodges, who studied with Bechet as a teenager.
- On one swing through Dyess, Arkansas, Charlie remembers an encounter with a teenager named Johnny Cash.
- Roy Orbison began his career at Sun Studios alongside Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley but took a very different route to rock 'n' roll success.
- Johnny "J" ran Klock Work Entertainment and had worked with many hip hop, rap and R&B artists over his career.
- But it was his proverbial big break on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1990 that kicked his career into high gear.
- When he signed for Sun Records in 1955, he took "Johnny" Cash as a stage name.
- In 1955, when signing with Sun Records, he took Johnny Cash as his stage name.
- But nights belonged to his life as a jazzman, playing cornet around New Orleans under his stage name, Johnny Wiggs.
- Johnny Borrell, the lead singer for Razorlight said the process was easy and a great start for any musician looking for ways to help.
- Johnny had a son born around the time Billy was born named Rocky who also became a musician.
- As a musician and teacher, I am still hearing incredible new ideas from these recordings--especially from Armstrong and Johnny Dodds.
- Johnny never thought Joey was a good singer, and resented the decision to let him take over lead vocals from Dee Dee.
- Moonshine is Lena Ullman (vocals, five-string banjo), Frank Hall (vocals, fiddle, guitar) and Johnny Moynihan (vocals, accordion, mandola, mandolin, fiddle).
- Of particular note are the vocals of Ivie Anderson and a stunning alto saxophone solo by Johnny Hodges.
- Barri produced tracks for artists such as Jan and Dean and Johnny Rivers, for whom he wrote "Secret Agent Man" with his writing partner P.F. Sloan.
- After various personnel changes, Sweeney's Men was composed of just Johnny Moynihan and Terry Woods who released Tracks of Sweeney in 1969.
- Columbia and Johnny Winter and the remastering team have done the world of music a very great service in preserving and restoring these tracks.
- And finally, Bill Davis Racing has announced the signing of Phillip McGilton to race as a teammate to Mike Skinner and Johnny Benson in 2008.
- Opinion here is that Davis would have been better off promoting one of his drivers from the Truck Series (Mike Skinner, Johnny Benson or Bill Lester).
- In addition to Skinner, just two other drivers have been a part of all four manufacturer's titles - Todd Bodine (133 starts) and Johnny Benson (121 starts).
- Johnny Sauter will fill in for Busch at Milwaukee if needed.
- With help from Busch and veterans such as Todd Bodine, Johnny Benson and Mike Skinner, Toyota has won four consecutive manufacturer championships.
- Busch will use Johnny Benson, who he had hoped to drive the scrapped third car he had planned, in Ickler's place starting in two weeks at Texas.
- Busch started to spin, and Johnny Benson ran into the back of Bowyer, sending the trio and Robby Gordon into the infield.
- This isn't some rock concert where you flick your lighters and I come back out and do "Johnny B. Goode." Mr. Tony has LEFT that building.
- Acclaimed saxophonist Paul Quinichette is back in his hometown, taking a break from playing with Johnny Otis in California.
- Nevertheless, his songs continued to reach the charts, as Moe Bandy, Johnny Cash, Johnny Rodriguez and Lacy J. Dalton made his songs into hits.
- None of these records were hits and of the six songs, "Sweet Baby Doll" was the only one not penned by Johnny.
- That studio has cranked out hits for the likes of Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard, and many others.
- According to Brooklyn Vegan, the band will be playing with Jim Fairchild (late of Grandaddy) while Johnny Marr is recording with the Cribs.
- In the months leading up to his passing on September 12, 2003, JOHNNY CASH had been recording new material with producer Rick Rubin.
- Jeffery Scott and Johnny G. are contemporary christian musicians, recording and performing artists and music publishers.
- Johnny Shines and band continued pushing hard in the studio that day, laying down their tracks, I think recorded in the same sequence as they were played.
- Johnny went quickly back into the studio and under Snuff Garrett ’s direction recorded "Little Boy Sad".
- He called one night at ten o'clock and asked if I'd come to the studio where Johnny Cash was recording and sing one line.
- WEST ALLIS -- Over the four-plus years of his NASCAR career, Johnny Sauter has been known more for his mouth than his driving.
- Years later, Ryan was driving a golf cart with Johnny Knoxville while filming a skit for Jackass: The Movie.
- Johnny Sauter rebounded from disappointment in the season-opener at Daytona by driving the ThorSport Racing No.
- Johnny Sauter was right behind and seemed to have a truck capable of challenging for the lead.
- Brian Ickler, driving Kyle Busch's No.18 truck for the first time, finished third, followed by Timothy Peters and Johnny Benson.
- Johnny Benson drove the truck in the season-opening race at Daytona in February.
- Elvis' Women: Donna Douglas - Pictures and biography of actress focusing on her appearance with Elvis Presley in the film Frankie and Johnny.
- Astaire recorded five of them, also sneaking into the session a composition of his own, "I'm Building Up to an Awful Let-Down" (lyrics by Johnny Mercer).
- It has been assumed by many that the lyrics are Morrissey 's farewell to Johnny Marr.
- Plus, Johnny of the Spirit Squad insisted on challenging Ric Flair to a match.
- Cena is said to be friends with Carlito after they won a match with Jeff Hardy against Edge, Randy Orton and Johnny Nitro.
- With Binion's promise to bankroll him, Johnny Moss agreed to the match, and sat down to play at a game that would go on for five long months.
- DDP won that feud but ended up losing Kimberly in a match to Johnny B. Badd (Marc Mero) in 1995.
- After the match, Melina and Johnny Nitro entered the ring, allowing Melina to cut a promo on Trish, re-igniting their feud from late 2005.
- The feud evolved into a tag feud with Wahoo and Paul Jones taking on Johnny Valentine and Ric Flair, who Wahoo met in the AWA.
- Warren Haynes (guitar, vocals), Johnny Neel (keyboards and harmonica), and Allen Woody (bass guitar) joined originals Allman, Betts, Jaimoe and Trucks.
- Electronic: Bernard Sumner (vocals, keyboards, programming); Johnny Marr (acoustic & electric guitars, keyboards, programming).
- Leavell also played on the album, joining another former Allman Brother, Johnny Neel, and Funkadelic's Bernie Worrell on keyboards.
- Johnny Burnette sang the vocals and played acoustic guitar, Dorsey played bass and Paul Burlison played lead guitar.
- The band was augmented by Warren Haynes (slide and lead guitar), Allen Woody (bass) and Johnny Neel (on keyboards, though Neel left after several tours).
- Sean (Bass): We went down to Johnny's studio in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago.
- In the early 1930s, Luciano, Buchalter, and Johnny Torrio (the former Chicago boss and mentor of Al Capone) formed a loose alliance.
- Capone went to work for Colosimo's empire under Johnny Torrio, another Brooklyn native.
- Early in his career, he met Johnny Torrio, who ushered him into the Five Points Gang and groomed him for bigger things.
- In November 1924, Frankie was asked to come to Chicago to help out his old pals, Al Capone and Johnny Torrio; they needed another rival murdered.
- New Orleanians Louis Armstrong, King Oliver, Johnny Dodds, and Jimmie Noone moved to Chicago and influenced young players there who added ideas of their own.
- He remained in Chicago for decades, performing and recording regularly with his brother, Johnny Dodds, until the clarinetist's death in 1940.
- Backstage, Tony Marinara scolded Big Vito and Johnny the Bull for their actions over the last week.
- Last week: Mike Skinner raced to his second straight victory and third of the season, holding off Johnny Sauter at Gateway International Raceway.
- After getting wrecked last week at Martinsville, Johnny Sauter was looking to just get a solid finish.
- With the new qualifying procedures in place, the two laps that Johnny would take around Daytona would be just as important as finishing the race.
- Johnny Rutherford (1963, Daytona Beach, Fla.): Open-wheel star won his first NASCAR race (he'd have 35 career starts).
- Schrader's car also caught Johnny Benson in the #26 Cheerios Ford and put Benson in the wall, eliminating his chance to make the Daytona 500.
- Johnny Benson, the defending champion of this race, is another driver to watch this weekend.
- Johnny Miller, the Trans-Am Road Racing series points leader, will drive the car this weekend in Sonoma, Calif.
- Johnny Depp stunned music fans in Arkansas at the weekend, August 28 when he joined punk icon Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder onstage at a protest concert.
- He ran the remainder of the season for Haas CNC, with the exception of the race at Phoenix where Johnny Sauter drove.
- Tundra drivers following Bodine to the Phoenix finish line were Johnny Benson (third), David Reutimann (seventh) and Mike Skinner (ninth).
- They both performed their own vocals in the film, and Phoenix learned to play guitar for his role as Johnny Cash.
- It was founded in 1969 by Johnny Mercer (a songwriter) and Abe Olman and Howie Richmond (music publishers).
- Joe Satriani, guitar virtuoso Bruce Springsteen, rock star, songwriter (Italian on his mother's side) Johnny Thunders, born John A. Genzale, rock musician.
- Johnny Bush, born February 17, 1935 as John Bush Shinn III in Houston, Texas, is a country music singer, songwriter, and drummer.
- Johnny Cash was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1980 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1992.
- Their 1963 album John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman is a jazz classic, and the recording " Lush Life " was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2000.
- His rise to fame began with lessons on the piano by Jerry Lee Lewis and guitar by Johnny Cash.
- Johnny Chan is currently tied with Doyle Brunson for second place with 10 World Series of Poker bracelets, behind Phil Hellmuth.
- Johnny Chan is a legend in the poker world for winning nine W.S.O.P. gold bracelets (tied with Doyle Brunson and Phil Hellmuth).
- At the time of his induction to the Poker Hall of Fame in 2002, Johnny Chan was the leading money winner in the history of the World Series of Poker.
- By 2005 Brunson had accumulated ten WSOP bracelets, which along with Johnny Chan is more than any other player in the history of the WSOP.
- The first person to win 2 bracelets in the same WSOP was Johnny Moss, at the 1971 WSOP.
- Uncle John Turner was a drummer who most notably played drums in Johnny Winter 's band from 1968 to 1970.
- In the early 1980's alto saxophonist Frode Gjerstad led a superb trio, Detail, with Johnny Dyani, bass and John Stevens, drums.
- Johnny Hodges was essentially self-taught, starting on drums and piano and later picking up soprano and alto sax.
- Dorsey, Johnny, and Burlison finally hooked up in mid-1952, working as a trio and within other, larger groups.
- The members of the Trio were Dorsey Burnette, his younger brother, Johnny and a friend named Paul Burlison.
- The group's last record is a moving tribute in trio to Johnny Dyani (Blue Notes for Johnny, Ogun 1987).
- Tim has two brothers who are also NASCAR drivers: Jay Sauter and Johnny Sauter.
- Jeff Green and Johnny Sauter were the only drivers who failed to make Sundays 43-car field.
- Keller and Johnny Sauter are tied for first among drivers running at the finish at Nashville, seven times.
- Kevin Harvick and Johnny Sauter were tabbed to split the ride, with Harvick making as many starts as he could and Sauter picking up the remaining races.
- In addition to sharing duties with Harvick in 2003, Johnny spent his rookie season (2002) driving the #2 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet.
- Culture > Arts > Music > Guitar
* Albert Collins
* Busch Series
* Jerry Lee Lewis
* Jim Sauter
* Johnny Bravo
* Johnny Burnette
* Johnny Carson
* Johnny Cash
* Johnny Copeland
* Johnny Guitar
* Johnny Mathis
* Johnny Paycheck
* Johnny Ramone
* Johnny Sauter
* Johnny Smith
* Johnny Unitas
* Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
Books about "Johnny" in