Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Kiel"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Kiel is the world-open and maritime capital of Schleswig-Holstein which came into being in 1233.
- Kiel is the point at which the 99km-long shipping canal enters the Balitc from the North Sea.
- Kiel is the closest city and I need help finding a store to sell Nachtmann.
- Kiel is a center for German shipbuilders and the eastern terminus of the Kiel Canal.
- Kiel was the site of the sailors' mutiny which sparked the German Revolution in late 1918.
- The Kiel Hauptbahnhof is the closest train station, located one kilometre from the hotel.
- The hotel's restaurant serves a range of international and regional cuisine, in a relaxed and informal setting, with stunning views over the Firth of Kiel.
- Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Kiel.
- You can find us between the center of Kiel and the Olympic Center.
- Book your Kiel hotel room today with Expedia.co.uk.
- Even though the Empire was abolished in 1806, the Danish king continued to rule Kiel only through his position as Duke of Holstein.
- Kiel passed to Denmark in 1773; with Holstein it was annexed by Prussia in 1866.
- Kiel's university, the Christian-Albrechts-Universit--t, was founded on 29 September, 1665, by Christian Albrecht, duke of Holstein - Gottorf.
- A renowned university, the Christian-Albrechts-Universit--t (established 1665), is located in Kiel.
- Die Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät der Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel hat Elke M. Geenen am 07.
- On 24 March, 1865, the Prussian king William I based Prussia's Baltic Sea fleet out of Kiel instead of Danzig (now known as Gda--sk, Poland).
- Located on the Baltic Sea ( Bay of Kiel) at the head of the Kieler F--rde (Kiel fjord), the city has been one the country's main naval bases since the 1860s.
- Kiel - Art History Online Reference and Guide Located at the Baltic Sea, the city has been one the country's main naval bases since the 1860s.
- Kiel is famous for the Nord-Ostsee Kanal, the worlds busiest canal.
- VirtualTourist.com - Kiel Tips - Pictures, Tips and Reviews The Kiel canal is the most frequented canal in the world.
- In the vicinity of Kiel are seaside resorts such as Kiel- Strande, Kiel-Schilksee, M--ltenort and Laboe.
- It is quite an easy day to ride from Kiel to Laboe, catch a ferry to Strande, and cycle back to Kiel.
- Also famous is in Laboe (part of Kiel on the east-side) a submarine from the WW2 at the shore and the "Marine-Ehrenmal" (Navy Memorial) with a high tower.
- Last check: 2007-10-17) Kiel was the capital of the counts of Holstein, who descended of the counts of Schaumburg.
- Last check: 2007-10-17) The trend for teh rest of the game was one of WSV dominance, but with Kiel counter-attacking and creating a few chances.
- Last check: 2007-10-17) Kiel is attractively placed at the end of the Kieler F--rde, an arm of the Baltic which extends some 17 km inland.
- Last check: 2007-10-17) Kiel (the capital and chief port), Lübeck, Flensburg, and Neumünster are the major cities.
- In 1946, Kiel was named the seat of government for Schleswig-Holstein, and it officially became the state's capital in 1972.
- Kiel, the capital of Holstein, was a member of the Hanseatic League from 1284 until it was expelled in 1518 for harbouring pirates.
- The Rabes Hotel is a first class hotel located inthe heart of Kiel - the state capital.
- Kiel ([ki--l] ( help -- info)) is the capital of the northernmost German state, Schleswig-Holstein.
- Family run town (tourist) hotel, city of Kiel, distance to ferry terminals (Sweden and Norway) approximately 800 m.
- Get around Kiel has a relatively good public transport system based on buses and ferries, both operated by VRK. The taxi service is good, but expensive.
- Most attractions in Kiel center around the harbor, reached by bus no.
- Getting to Kiel ferry port by Train From the main railway station in Kiel take bus no.
- A weekly bus leaves Kiel and travels via Poland and the Baltic states to Tallinn, Estonia.
- Above all, Kiel is most famous for its Kiel Week sailing festival held annually in June.
- Kiel Week lang de Kieler Woche is an annual sailing event in Kiel , Germany .
- It is ideally situated on the banks of the Baltic Sea with a marvelous view over the Kiel Bay inlet.
- Why not enjoy the wonderful view over Kiel from our balcony on the 4th floor.
- Liquids > Water > Seas > Baltic Sea
- Population > Settlements > Cities > City
- Places > Earth > Continents > Europe
- Settlements > Cities > City-States > Hamburg
- Places > World > Countries > States
Books about "Kiel" in