Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Kris Kristofferson"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Kris Kristofferson (born June 22, 1936) is an American writer, singer - songwriter, actor, and musician.
- Kris Kristofferson (born June 22, 1936 in in Brownsville, Texas) is an influential country music songwriter, singer and actor.
- Kris Kristofferson is a recent influence on me; considering I'm only seventeen, I wasn't around when he had his heyday.
- Kris Kristofferson (CA & Merton '58) is the ultimate Mr. Cool, down to his lucky boots.
- Kris Kristofferson was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and in 1977 to the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- After a lengthy period of struggle, Kris Kristofferson achieved remarkable success as a country songwriter at the start of the 1970s.
- Like so many others before him, Kris Kristofferson pursued Hollywood success after first finding fame in the pop-music arena.
- He and friend Steve Goodman had each been active in the Chicago folk scene before being "discovered" by Kris Kristofferson.
- Swan played bass guitar for Kris Kristofferson, and signed a deal with Monument Records.
- In some ways, Kris Kristofferson was an unlikely candidate for a career as a country songwriter and recording artist.
- Nobody -- but nobody -- changed songwriting like Kris Kristofferson.
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: I consider Jerry Lee Lewis one of the great singers of all time.Put him up there with opera singers.
- Gavin DeGraw, whose self-titled album breaks the Top 10, would rather be more Kris Kristofferson than sensitive pretty boy.
- Prine's compositions caught the ear of Kris Kristofferson, who was instrumental in helping him win a recording contract.
- She won a Grammy award for her rendition of the song written by Kris Kristofferson, establishing him as a leading Nashville songwriter.
- He wrote much of his own material, and was among the first to record the songs of Bob Dylan and Kris Kristofferson.
- She was later influenced by singer-songwriters including James Taylor, Dan Fogelberg and Kris Kristofferson.
- His song writing is heavily influenced by Kris Kristofferson, Townes Van Zandt, and Billy Joe Shaver while maintaining its own identity.
- During the next several years, he became friends with such singers as Roy Orbison, Roger Miller, Kris Kristofferson, and Townes Van Zandt.
- Kris Kristofferson sang "I Do Believe" at Waylon's funeral; his version here is heartfelt with a great slow build.
- Having been discovered by Kris Kristofferson, who introduced him to Paul Anka, Goodman recorded the song in 1971.
- Stevens also recorded "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down," a song by a young up-and-comer named Kris Kristofferson.
- Cash went on to record the song A young Kris Kristofferson can be seen on one of of his album covers in Martin Scorsese's "Taxi Driver".
- However, his most significant and enduring influences are rock singer-songwriters like James Taylor and country musicians such as Kris Kristofferson.
- His long-time friend, Kris Kristofferson, presented his award and termed Ray, "A living link between Hank Williams and the country singers of today.
- He continued to be active in the recording industry, forming the group The Highwaymen with fellow "Outlaws" Nelson, Cash, and Kris Kristofferson.
- His lush 1967 version of "Danny Boy" and his 1970 take on Kris Kristofferson 's "For the Good Times" were, in their crossover way, landmark records.
- But with his old friends Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson, Cash had a #1 hit with the title cut of the Highwayman album in 1985.
- In the mid 1980s, he recorded and toured with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson as The Highwaymen, making two hit albums.
- He continued to be active in the recording industry, forming the group The Highwaymen with Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Kris Kristofferson.
- In the 1980s, he teamed up with Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson to record an album.
- Music > Singers > Country Singers > Willie Nelson
- Arts > Music > Country Music > Waylon Jennings
- Culture > Entertainment > Humor > Good Times
- Recording Industry
- Music > Composers > Songwriters > James Taylor
Books about "Kris Kristofferson" in