Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Legal Theory"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- In legal theory, a license is the permission or right granted to engage in some act without which the act might be otherwise unlawful.
- Feminist legal theory is based on the belief that the law has been instrumental in women's historical subordination.
- Abstract of legal theory article on Rule of Law.
- In fact, the phrase "positive legal theory" is used in a variety of ways.
- Normative Legal Theory Normative legal theories, on the other hand, are by their nature evaluative.
- Since then CLS has steadily grown in influence and permanently changed the landscape of legal theory.
- The entry in the Legal Theory Lexicon is by Ann Bartow of the University of South Carolinia and of Feminist Law Professors (the excellent blog).
- Introduction: A while back Larry Solum asked me to write a short post about feminist legal theory for his excellent Legal Theory Blog.
- The Franks governed by the legal theory of legal personality: every person was entitled to be judged by the laws of his ethnic group.
- Secularists believe that the law of the state should be based on secular principles, not on Islamic legal theory.
- In contemporary legal theory, the utilitarian approach is frequently championed by scholars who work in the law and economics tradition.
- Patrick Ford offers postgraduate supervision in the fields of trust and charity law, legal theory and human rights.
- The influence of feminist legal theory is not confined to academia.
- Informed Consent: Legal Theory and Clinical Practice is divided into five parts comprising fifteen chapters.
- As a matter of legal theory, double patenting between a design and a utility patent presents significant problems.
- Second, feminist legal theory is dedicated to changing women's status through a reworking of the law and its approach to gender.
- One important difference between traditional legal theory and law as discourse is the role of context and audience.
- In political theory, there has been discussion of virtue politics, and in legal theory, there is a small but growing literature on virtue jurisprudence.
- The workshop brings together researchers at the interface of several disciplines such as multi-agent systems, deontic logic, sociology, legal theory.
- As always, this entry in the Legal Theory Lexicon series is aimed at law students, especially first-year law students with an interest in legal theory.
- Even if the deep debates of moral and political philosophy are irresolvable, there may be other ways to make progress in legal theory.
- Perspectives beyond just those from moral philosophy (e.g., psychology, legal theory, neuroscience, economics, metaphysics, and more) are welcome.
- And because of the influence of economics on legal theory, this form of utilitarianism has had the greatest impact on contemporary legal theory as well.
- Murray N. Rothbard, a scholar of extraordinary range, made major contributions to economics, history, political philosophy, and legal theory.
- Previously, Elspeth Attwooll taught jurisprudence and legal theory at the University of Glasgow.
- Analytical jurisprudence is a legal theory that draws on the resources of modern analytical philosophy to try to understand the nature of law.
- Over the years, it has come to mean the study of law as a whole, the philosophy of law, or legal theory.
- Covers constitutional theory, feminist legal theory, law and economics, normative legal theory and more.
- Economic analysis of law is an approach to legal theory that incorporates and applies the methods and ideas of economics to law.
- Shepardizing - Method for finding subsequent development of a legal theory by tracing status of a case as legal authority.
- Ancient India and China represent distinct traditions of law, and had historically independent schools of legal theory and practice.
- Economic Analysis
- Legal Authority
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Ethics > Jurisprudence
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Political Philosophy
- Society > Law > Legal Information > Legal Theory /
Books about "Legal Theory" in