Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Lexical Meaning"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Lexical meaning is a complex thing based on the procedure of reflecting the reality in a person's mind.
- Only one of the two elements has lexical meaning, the second has none, and being an auxiliary word possesses only grammatical meaning, e.
- In the process of nomination only the lexical meaning of a word is formed, unlike the grammatical meaning which is not always conditioned.
- A particle is defined as a function word that expresses a grammatical relationship with another word but that lacks a definite lexical meaning.
- An infinitive marker is defined as a function word that lacks definite lexical meaning but distinguishes the base form from the infinitive form of a verb.
- Differences in the lexical meaning of correlated words account for the differences of their collocability in different languages.
- Cognitive semantic theories are typically built on the argument that lexical meaning is conceptual.
- Another trait of cognitive semantics is the recognition that lexical meaning is not fixed but a matter of construal and conventionalization.
- The roots of the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European language (PIE) are basic morphemes carrying a lexical meaning.
- Roots are usually free morphemes and express the lexical meaning of the word, affixes are bound morphemes.
- All languages use intonation to express emphasis, contrast, emotion, or other such elements, but not every language uses tone to distinguish lexical meaning.
- In addition to the grammatical marking of the aspect, the lexical meaning of the verb may convey aspectual meaning.
- Thought > Cognition > Cognitive Science > Cognitive Semantics
- Proto-Indo-European Language
Books about "Lexical Meaning" in