Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Licenses"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Licenses are required for commercial uses of IDEA. For patent and licensing information, contact: Ascom Systec AG, Dept.
- Licenses are verified for each and every program listed in this directory.
- Licenses are revocable at will (unless supported by a contract) and, as such, differs from an easement (the latter conveying a legal interest in the land).
- Licenses are available for those who wish to use DMDScript in commercial products.
- Licenses are valid if pilots pass eye exams and any FAA or company requirements for periodic tests.
- Protection from commercial abuse of software can be obtained through more specific licenses like the GNU Public License or Artistic License where needed.
- Whether it is compatible with the GNU GPL. Unless otherwise specified, compatible licenses are compatible with both GPLv2 and GPLv3.
- A Lot of people don't like the GNU GPL because of its incompatibilities with other free software or open source software licenses.
- We use only licenses that are compatible with the GNU GPL for GNU software.
- All these titles are free software that are under a license such as the GNU General Public License or other similar licenses.
- This later evolved into the GNU General Public License (GPL), which is now one of the most popular Free Software licenses.
- Joomla! is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This is one of the most widely used Open Source licenses.
- These are all free software and open-source licenses and hence Mono is free and open-source software.
- The idea is to find "common ground" so customers can choose among three or four "styles" of open-source licenses, Moglen said.
- So that it is clear what kind of software we are talking about, we publish standards for open-source licenses.
- This allows them to act on behalf the copyright owner to issue licenses and collect royalties within the terms of the assignment.
- In 2000, Linus Torvalds specified the basic rules for the assignment of the licenses.
- States issue licenses for a multi year period and require real estate agents and brokers to complete continuing education prior to renewing their licenses.
- FCC - Federal Communications Commission Regulates interstate communications: licenses, rates, tariffs, standards, limitations, etc.
- Copyleft licenses for art generally are aware of such limitations, so they differ from copyleft licenses for software, e.g.
- The XBLite compiler is free, open-source, and published under GPL and LGPL licenses.
- We support use of the GPL and LGPL licenses when appropriate.
- In specific, the answer depends on which libraries you want to use and what their licenses are.
- The original GPL was based on a unification of similar licenses used for early versions of GNU Emacs, the GNU Debugger and the GNU C Compiler.
- Sun also licenses optimized implementations of various JSRs, as well as different optimized versions of CDC HotSpot Implementation.
- Versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are not free software licenses (follow the link for more explanation).
- In fact, our licenses rely upon copyright for their enforcement.
- Various licenses speak differently on this subject - the BSD license allows you to take modificiations private, while the GPL does not.
- The BSD license is a permissive license and is one of the most widely used free software licenses.
- Some licenses, such as the BSD license, impose no conditions on the manner of their combination.
- The first version of the license was revised, and the resulting licenses are more properly called modified BSD licenses.
- If there is no manufacture within this period, the patent may be void or subject to grant of compulsory licenses.
- Note that the open source license list differs slightly, but in almost all cases the definitions apply to the same licenses.
- The term "license" in the definitions includes nonexclusive as well as exclusive licenses and royalty free as well as royalty generating licenses.
- The MIT license is one of the most liberal open source licenses and is almost identical with BSD License.
- Most of these licenses are based on the MIT, X Consortium, or BSD (original and revised) licenses.
- The Debian Free Software Guidelines describe the criteria that licenses for software included in the Debian operating system must meet.
- When we reach a conclusion about a new issue, we often update these criteria to make it easier to see why certain licenses do or don't qualify.
- Clickwrap licenses must still meet the criteria for enforceability of a unilateral form contract.
- This task entails downloading free software packages, digging up information about these packages, and checking and verifying the licenses of the programs.
- Polaroid also performs contract manufacturing for and licenses its brand and technology to third parties.
- Licenses can be non-exclusive, allowing many parties, including the inventor, to practice the invention simultaneously.
- ARM Ltd does not manufacture and sell CPU devices based on their own designs, but rather, licenses the processor architecture to interested parties.
- The company is also a leader in worldwide merchandising and licenses the rights to classic characters such as Betty Boop and Popeye.
- The company also licenses properties and works directly with third-party interactive game publishers to bring products for all ages to market.
- Blaster Master is one of the most successful original franchises of Sunsoft, a company known for producing games based on popular licenses.
- Integrity of The Author's Source Code: licenses may require that modifications are redistributed only as patches.
- Unlike some open-source licenses, it requires that modifications be shared as open-source software.
- If you believe you have found a violation of one of our licenses, please refer to our license violation page.
- By the way, if you believe you have found a violation of one of our copyleft licenses, please refer to our license violation page.
- One of the licenses written in response to the OGL was the October Open Game License, a copyleft license published on 27 December 2000 by RPG Library.
- Palladium does not presently possess any licenses to produce role-playing games based on properties they do not own.
- Visit our on-line catalog with over 10,000 items with special low prices for educators and students on software and licenses.
- In general, users of copyrighted works do not need licenses.
- In some countries copyright law provides for compulsory licenses of copyrighted works for specific uses.
- Copyleft describes a group of licenses applied to works such as software, documents, and art.
- Organizations such as Creative Commons have websites where individuals can file for alternative "licenses", or levels of restriction, for their works.
- GPL version 3 takes more trouble than other licenses to make sure that this right actually works with embedded systems.
- FOSS developers can only require compliance with their licenses to the extent that shareware packages are derivative works of their FOSS software.
- Open access to the source code, as allowed by the open source licenses, guarantees the best possible level of compliance with these standards.
- However, free software licenses allow one to charge a price for distributing the software.
- Stallman: You can copy in code under a broader range of other licenses.
- I'm sure you've read the licenses that come with most commercial software -- they say you can only use one copy of the software on one computer.
- Creative Commons licenses provide a flexible range of protections and freedoms for authors, artists, and educators.
- Thus, in contrast to copyleft licenses, recipients of modified versions of Apache licensed code do not necessarily also get the above freedoms.
- All free software licenses must grant people all the freedoms discussed above.
- Preamble The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it.
- The licenses for most software and other practical works are designed to take away your freedom to share and change the works.
- Non-copyleft free software licenses maximize the freedom of the initial recipient (freedom to create proprietary software).
- Creative Commons looked for the best way to express the intent behind the licenses in machine-readable form.
- The Kerberos, X.org, and Apache software licenses are substantially similar in intent and implementation.
- The intent of GPL3 (and most other Free Software licenses) is to give you the right to modify the covered software.
- Attribution is required by most copyright and copyleft licenses, such as GNUFDL and CC-by.
- NetBSD comes with a long list of different sentences, required by the various licenses for parts of the system.
- License Must Be Technology-Neutral: no click-wrap licenses or other medium-specific ways of accepting the license must be required.
- Please don't use these licenses, and we urge you to avoid any software that has been released under them.
- We urge you not to use the Apache licenses for software you write.
- Of course, we urge you to avoid using non-free software licenses, and to avoid non-free software in general.
- Free software licenses that use "weak" copyleft include the GNU Lesser General Public License and the Mozilla Public License.
- We normally use the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL), but occasionally we use other free software licenses.
- The parties recognize Cisco's ongoing obligations under the GPL and other free software licenses.
- Examples of non-copyleft free software licenses include the X11 license, Apache license and the BSD license s.
- Two examples of free software licenses that use strong copyleft are the GNU General Public License and the Arphic Public License .
- Some permutations of the Creative Commons licenses are examples of share-alike.
- Except otherwise agreed, a licensee who licenses a third party to exercise the same right must be authorized by the copyright owner.
- The Greek Government is now implementing its plans to reallocate TV frequencies and issue licenses, authorized by the 1993 Media Law.
- Open Source Licenses edit edit Summary Memorize terminology surrounding open source licenses, software, and projects.
- Some projects are "dual licensed", that is, they are available under multiple licenses.
- List of projects using Creative Commons licenses Several million pages of web content use Creative Commons licenses.
- If you want help choosing a license, evaluating a license, or have any other questions about licenses, you can email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If this license is unacceptable to you, Insecure.Org may be willing to sell alternative licenses (contact email@example.com).
- To share your favourite questions about free and open licenses, join us on the mailing-list firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Source Initiative A fantastic website that has information on the vast majority of open-source licenses.
- Indeed the Open Source Initiative refers to these four licenses as the classic open source licenses.
- To help maintain standards, the Open Source Initiative offers an Open Source Definition and also serves as a certifying authority for open source licenses.
- Until the Mozilla Public License debuted in 1998, the most commonly used classic licenses were GPL, LGPL, BSD and MIT, according to the OSI.
- This list is based on the licenses approved by the Free Software Foundation, OSI and consultation with Red Hat Legal.
- OSI maintains a list of approved software licenses that have gone through their license approval process.
- Copyright law permits a copyright holder to release their works under any license they choose, including multiple licenses.
- For example, licenses typically say you can only use the program on a single designated CPU. Nothing in the copyright law says that.
- The GNU General Public License and other copyleft licenses use copyright law to defend freedom for every user.
- Copyleft licenses for materials other than software include the Open Content License, and the GNU Free Documentation License.
- We normally use the GNU Free Documentation License (GNU FDL), but occasionally we use other free documentation licenses.
- The open gaming idea relates to the rising popularity of open source software and copyleft licenses such as the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Society > Law > Copyright > License
- Information > Information Technology > Computers > Software
- Computers > Operating Systems > Unix > Bsd
- Society > Economics > Money > Free
* Bsd Licenses
* Copyleft Licenses
* Copyright Licenses
* Free Content
* Free Licenses
* Free Program
* Free Programs
* Free Software
* Howard Hughes Medical Institute
* Public Domain
* Red Hat
* Shared Source
* Small Set
* Software Licenses
* Software Packages
* Source Definition
* Source Licenses
Books about "Licenses" in