Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Linux Systems"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Linux systems are listed individually.
- On Linux systems, the ethernet device is typically called eth0.
- Most Linux systems are run in a restricted mode.
- Progeny Linux Systems is a new company headed by Ian Murdock (Debian founder) and Bruce Perens (former Debian head guy).
- Two of the Linux systems were compromised by brute password guessing and not a specific vulnerability.
- Linux Software for Scientists - List of freely available software useful for scientists that will run on Linux systems.
- Jay Beale: Bastille Linux is a project to harden, or "lock-down," Linux systems.
- VoIP switches run on commodity hardware, such as PCs or Linux systems.
- On Linux systems you can look at the routing table simply by entering route by itself at a shell prompt.
- Also on many newer Linux systems are facilities such as gdm and kdm, which are GNOME and KDE aware equivalents of this program.
- Most Linux systems, however, presently start at the command line upon login, and you have to decipher this for yourself.
- Newer Linux systems with a login panel use.xsession, older systems where X was started after login use.xinitrc.
- The GNU userland is an important part of most Linux systems, providing the shell and Unix tools which carry out many basic operating system tasks.
- They are the main file system types used for hard disks on Debian and other Linux systems.
- Ian Murdock, father of Debian and founder and CEO of Progeny Linux Systems, is fundamentally fundamental, in every sense of the word.
- This led to a number of rescue efforts, including the creation of the ROX Desktop to provide a RISC OS-like interface on Unix and Linux systems.
- In practice, most Linux systems use a unique identifier for every ping process, and sequence number is an increasing number within that process.
- The test image may be loaded from a floppy disk or may be loaded via LILO on Linux systems.
- Linux systems have a similar utility, ifconfig, which is a common part of the day-to-day tool belt of most Linux sysadmins.
- Share files and printers between Windows and Linux systems.
- Wine-doors is essentially a package management tool for windows software on Linux systems.
- John Lyon firstname.lastname@example.org Questions about installing MySQL on Linux systems, using either `.rpm' files, or compiling from source.
- It is available in C source code form and is easily recompiled for Unix and Linux systems.
- This vulnerability potentially affects all IBM AIX 3 systems and Linux systems.
- Linux systems usually provide a CLI of some sort through a shell, the traditional way of interacting with Unix systems.
- The X Window System commonly used on Unix and Linux systems provides a clipboard implementation via selections.
- We get more into how to set up a DMZ using Linux systems for the outside and inside firewalls on the Firewall page.
- This corresponds to bpf(4) on BSD systems, and packet(7) on Linux systems.
- Linux netatalk allows Macintosh clients to see Linux Systems as another Macintosh on the network, share files and use printers connected to Linux servers.
- This section also discusses the partition naming scheme used by Linux systems, sharing disk space with other operating systems, and related topics.
- Red Hat Network is a tool that lowers the overall TCO costs of Linux systems.
- Today, GNOME and KDE are the dominant solutions, and often installed by default on Linux systems.
- On most Linux systems the number of processes that are running by default is substantial.
- Bastille was originally developed by the open source community for use on Linux systems.
- Red Hat Network is a solution for managing a Red Hat Linux system or a network of Red Hat Linux systems.
- While Tripwire is a valuable tool for auditing the security state of Red Hat Linux systems, Tripwire is not supported by Red Hat, Inc.
- Bash is the default shell on most Linux systems as well as on Mac OS X and it can be run on most Unix-like operating systems.
- Vixie Cron on Linux systems allows local users to set parameters of sendmail commands via the MAILTO environmental variable.
- Linux systems adhere to POSIX, SUS, ISO and ANSI standards where possible, although to date only one Linux distribution has been POSIX.1 certified, Linux-FT.
- On Linux systems with 2.2 or later kernels, an interface argument of ``any'' can be used to capture packets from all interfaces.
- While neither virus is a serious threat to Linux systems, Linux and other Unix systems will not remain virus-free.
- Use Linux, BSD. Progeny Linux Systems develops Linux -based software and services for networking computing environments.
- Here are a few of these efforts for Linux systems for creating restricted execution environments; there are many different approaches.
- On Linux systems, if you write a user name or a password without taking care of letter case, the system will not allow you to log in.
- The goal is to protect linux systems against root intrusions, by disabling some system calls in the kernel itself.
- The graphical user interface (or GUI) used by most Linux systems is built on top of an implementation of the X Window System.
- Security resource and firewall software for Linux systems.
- Problems are known to occur on some Linux systems, and on SunOS when using NFS-mounted file systems.
- NEdit was originally developed on a Unix system and is available on all major Unix and Linux systems.
- Web desktops provide an environment similar to that of Windows, Mac, or a graphical user interface on Unix and Linux systems.
- RIP is implemented on Unix and Linux systems through the routed daemon.
- Some Unix and Linux systems reject the FHS in favor of a different approach, as in GoboLinux.
- NFS - Network File System is a protocol that allows UNIX and Linux systems remotely mount each other's file systems.
- UNIX and Linux systems both use inodes, and IBM AIX is no different.
- Unix-Like Operating Systems
- Information Technology > Computers > Operating Systems > Unix
- Window System
- Operating Systems > Unix > Bsd > Sunos
- Information Technology > Computers > Internet > Firewall Software
Books about "Linux Systems" in