Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Live Performances"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Live performances are what separate the true pros from the amateurs, and Peter Murphy is a true pro.
- Her live performances are an enthusiastic blending of original songs and tunes by such pop-oriented songwriters as Elton John, Don Henley and Gregg Allman.
- Billy Kilson on drums is incredible in these live performances.
- Highlights include live performances by Alice in Chains and Soundgarden, as well as cameos by the members of Pearl Jam.
- Chesney Allen withdrew from live performances in later years due to ill health, though ironically he outlived all the others.
- And understandably, many of his recordings are in the form of live performances.
- Ramsey Lewis brings together the influential artists in Jazz for live performances and lively conversations.
- Fabrizio had opportunities to see and listen in live performances of legendary greats like Doc Watson and Roy Book Binder.
- The film stars Ray Gange as a roadie for The Clash and splices in live performances by the band.
- Immediately following the IDMA's, attendees will toast the Awards with a party boasting a lineup of DJs, Divas of Dance music and amazing live performances.
- In Chapter 6, the studio recordings and live performances of smooth jazz are discussed.
- Since discovering Jazz in 1995, he listens to the masters through recordings and live performances, as he believes it’s the only way jazz can be taught.
- A number of his live performances have been issued in a series Jascha Silberstein: Live Performances (1-5).
- Her beautiful voice, strong songwriting ability and live performances drew comparisons to legendary singers Kelly Willis and Dolly Parton.
- At the Drive-In's reputation for energetic live performances outlasted their career, a faint hint captured on various live video recordings.
- Parsifal was expressly composed for the stage at Bayreuth and many of the most famous recordings of the opera come from live performances on that stage.
- In 1977, Mutabaruka once again turned to the stage, and gave several live performances.
- She took part in famous recordings with Beniamino Gigli and Arturo Toscanini, as well as live performances over the NBC radio network in the 1940s.
- Discographical highlights include the (authorized) live performances in London of Maurice Ravel 's Gaspard de la Nuit, Chopin 's Sonata No.
- JJM Regarding the disparity of the quality of live performances and recordings, Coleman Hawkins said, "We'd play this piece like mad.
- Drummer Andy Knowles and bassist Toshi Yano both joined the band for live performances in time for their 2004 tour.
- The Dumble amp has not made an appearance on his live performances for some time since and including his best known live DVD at the Austin City Limits.
- After just two weeks in that cavernous space the band had captured the inspired live performances which would form the backbone of their debut album.
- That year also saw the first live performances from the band, which by then had already gathered many fans from around the globe.
- As the year progressed he featured on the Wolverines` recordings and live performances.
- He also used a cowbell for live performances, evident in Bob Marley & The Wailers album Live!.
- The service, which lasted for three hours, also featured live performances by Maxi Priest, Shaggy, and five of Brown's sons.
- From live performances at Bayreuth on July of 1967, these same operas are available on seperate CD's and on a box set from the Phillips label.
- This was a time when televised broadcasts of operas was new and the Met live performances were still to come.
- The two-disc release includes the original album and a second disc with new acoustic recordings, live performances from 1989, and interviews with Amy.
- In live performances, blues, often with swing or shuffle beats, was usually a substantial component of the set.
- An American businessperson has coined the phrase "enyanomics" to explain Enya's ability to sell millions of records without giving any live performances.
- In addition to their energetic live performances, the band are also noted for their often improvisational renditions of songs.
- Glenn Gould was another person whose live performances sounded, to me, too cold and mechanical.
- Previously, the only way for Marcia Ball's fans to hear one of her stellar live performances was to see her in person.
- As Madonna rose to fame, her signature look portrayed in photographs, live performances and music videos, became increasingly influential among young women.
- Mahalia Jackson: Collection combines a number of live performances from the legendary figure.
- This hour-long performance video from 1988 marks the 250th anniversary of the Kirov Ballet with a collection of highlights from live performances.
- The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Grand Funk Railroad and The Who began the practice of live performances for large audiences in stadiums and arenas.
- Renamed the X-ecutioners, the group released its debut album, X-pressions, in 1997, and began making a good living with live performances.
- That year, the group also released their ABBA Live album featuring selections of live performances throughout their career.
- All the main tourist attractions are situated within easy reach of the Amstel Botel and guests will be able to attend exhibitions and live performances.
- There are meetings with Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, and Count Basie, as well as excerpts from the Songbook recordings and a number of live performances.
- The home release Count Basie: The Sound of Swing features vintage footage of Basie leading his big band in a series of live performances.
- The musical transition required that Davis and his band adapt to electric instruments in both live performances and the studio.
- Acoustic is a compilation album of John Lennon demos, studio and live performances that feature his acoustic guitar work and was released in 2004.
- Cliff Stapleton played Hurdy Gurdy on several live performances, but also in the studio for Coil at various points throughout the 2000s.
- The varied personal styles that the trio brought to recording sessions and live performances represented the culmination of Jamaican trio-style singing.
- Live performances (with just a mic and a Mac) around the world followed, which included new versions of Nitzer Ebb songs.
- Often during live performances, Wilson will also introduce the band to the audience.
- Winter was further inspired at the time by the live performances of classic blues artists like Muddy Waters, B.B. King and Bobby Bland.
- In live performances, Winter often tells the story about how, as a child, he dreamed of playing with the blues guitarist Muddy Waters.
- In 1945, Jacquet put together his own band, and both his recordings and live performances were quite exciting.
- That sum refers to the sale of CDs, music electronics, musical instruments, and ticket sales for live performances; it represents a 4.35% growth over 2004.
- On stage, NIN performs amongst visually spectacular elements and live performances often culminate with the destruction of musical instruments.
- The video also included a couple of live performances from earlier in the band's career.
- It started a trend in the UK of making videos for songs to air in place of live performances.
- In addition to his role in the band, Ramsey has performed solo as the opening act before live performances by the band.
- In live performances, Jason Newsted often sang for part or all of the song, notably in recorded footage in San Diego, California.
- Culture > Arts > Music > Concerts
- Culture > Arts > Films > Music Videos
- Electric Guitar
- Culture > Arts > Music > Songs
* Central Park
* Cooking Tips
* Electric Guitar
* Large Ensembles
* Music Videos
* Reggae Scene
* Several Recordings
* Studio Sessions
* Throbbing Gristle
Books about "Live Performances" in