Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Lucius"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Lucius is a school governor of Hogwarts before he is sacked and has very close connections at the Ministry of Magic.
- Lucius was the son of a senator, Lucius Ceionius Commodus, whom the emperor Hadrian adopted as his successor under the name Lucius Aelius Caesar.
- Lucius is a servant to Brutus in Julius Caesar.
- Lucius is a free-spirit and likes his uncle at first until Commodus's true sinister nature comes to the fore.
- Lucius, the second son of Julia, was banished into Campania, (242) for using, as it is said, so litious language against his grandfather.
- Creticus was son of Marcus Antonius Orator and by his marriage to Julia Antonia he had three sons triumvir Mark Antony, Gaius Antonius and Lucius Antonius.
- Augustus adopted the sons Gaius and Lucius of the Marriage as his own.
- During this marriage, she gave birth to two sons, Lucius Septimius Bassianus (Caracalla) in 188 BCE and Publius Septimius Geta in 189 BCE.
- Daughters of Romans took the feminine form of the nomen, not cognomen, thus the daughters of Lucius Cornelius Sulla should be Corneliae (Cornelia singular).
- Lucius Malfoy is married to Narcissa Black, cousin of Sirius Black and they have a son named Draco Malfoy.
- When Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon, Lucius Caesar sided with his cousin against Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus and the optimates.
- Lucius. Philippus, a man thoroughly worthy of his father and grandfather and ancestors, has done the same.
- As well as Lucius Calpurnius Piso who was the grandfather of another Lucius Calpurnius Piso, the father-in-law of Caesar.
- For his grandfather and namesake, see Lucius Licinius Lucullus.
- Brutus was the name of a plebeian family of the Junia gens, which claimed descent from Lucius Junius Brutus.
- He is mostly known for his rape of Lucretia, wife of Collatinus and sister of Lucius Junius Brutus.
- Accordingly her father brought Publius Valerius and her husband summoned Lucius Junius Brutus, who happened to be a disaffected nephew of Tarquin.
- The Tarquins and the monarchy were cast out of Rome in 510 BC in a revolt led by Lucius Junius Brutus and Lucius Tarquinius Collatinus.
- In 509 BC, the revolt resulted in Lucius Junius Brutus, a partisan of Lucretia's husband, leading an uprising that expelled Tarquin from the city.
- Lucius was consul of 16 AD. This nobleman had planned to revolt against the Roman Emperor Tiberius.
- Dobby - A house-elf; servant of Lucius Malfoy, whom Harry eventually frees.
- His ruthlessness was shown when Lucius attempted to murder Harry in the Hogwarts grounds just prior to being stripped of his servant.
- Caesar married Calpurnia, daughter of Lucius Piso, who became consul in 58.
- Many leading men were involved, such as Lucius Lucceius and Lucius Calpurnius Piso, whose daughter Calpurnia Caesar later married.
- Note: Pompeia was the daughter of Quintus Pompeius Rufus, a son of a former consul, and Cornelia, the daughter of the Roman dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
- Agrippina the Younger had a son from her first marriage, Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus (future Emperor Nero).
- Aemilia Lepida 4 3 BC-53 was the daughter of Lucius Aemilius Paullus and his wife Julia the Younger and her father.
- They raised their nephew Lucius Junius Silanus Torquatus, whose father was murdered by Agrippina the Younger.
- Lucius tries several ways to get the prophecy from Harry without breaking it, but the boy and his friends manage to escape from the Hall.
- Lucius attempts to persuade Harry to give him the prophecy, telling him it will reveal why Voldemort tried to kill him when he was an infant.
- Lucius Malfoy accidentally smashes the prophecy.
- He was the grandson of the consul (151 BC) Lucius Licinius Lucullus.
- Tarquinius Superbus was either the son or grandson of Lucius Tarquinius Priscus.
- Lucius would eventually gain a grandson, Scorpius Malfoy, after Draco married Astoria Greengrass.
- Gaius Rabirius (senator) There is also Gaius Rabirius (poet) Gaius Rabirius was a senator who was involved in the death of Lucius Appuleius Saturninus.
- After Octavius died in 59 BC, Atia married another Senator, Lucius Marcius Philippus, who was a devoted stepfather to her children.
- Lucretia’s kinsman, Lucius Junius Brutus (ancestor to Marcus Brutus), summoned the Senate and had Tarquinius and the monarchy expelled from Rome in 510 BC.
- Right in the middle of the Forum, Lucius seized the aged Servius and flung him down the steps of the Senate and sent men to murder him.
- Secure in his power, he had the Senate send Lucius Valerius Flaccus with an army to relieve Sulla of the eastern command.
- The Roman general and dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 B.C.) was the first man to use the army to establish a personal autocracy at Rome.
- Milo became praetor in 54 BC, and in that year married Fausta, daughter of the dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla and ex-wife of Gaius Memmius.
- She was the eldest daughter of Dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla and his first wife, an Ilia or Julia.
- In 78 BC, Cinna allied himself with Marcus Aemilius Lepidus in attempting to overthrow the Roman constitution of dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
- Lucius Sergius Catilina, twice a candidate for consul, faced charges of plotting to overthrow the Republic through armed rebellion.
- The traditional date of the revolution against the kings led by Lucius Junius Brutus is 509 BC; for the story see Overthrow of the kings above.
- After Lucius Cornelius Sulla defeated the populares faction in Italy and became Dictator of Rome, Perpenna fled with a substantial sum of money and an army.
- Cinna's influence in Rome exacerbated the tensions which existed between Gaius Marius and Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
- Britannica online encyclopedia article on Lucius Cornelius Cinna (Roman consul), 84 bcleader of the Marian party in Rome who opposed Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
- When Caesar was a teenager his uncle engaged in a civil war with Lucius Cornelius Sulla, another Roman general.
- Son of the Lucius Julius Caesar IV. Unlike his father on the outbreak of the civil war he chose to ally himself with the Pompeians against Caesar.
- He held a command in the Social War in 90 BC. During the civil war between Gaius Marius and Lucius Cornelius Sulla, Antonius supported the latter.
- By the end of 87 BC Marius returned to Rome with the support of Lucius Cornelius Cinna (Julius Caesar 's father in law).
- Cnaeus Octavius and Lucius Cornelius Cinna were then elected consuls in Rome in 87, while Sulla was chosen as proconsul and marched east.
- Marius returned to Rome with Lucius Cornelius Cinna and captured the city with his legions.
- Lucius Cornelius Cinna (flourished 1st century BCE) was the son of the consul Lucius Cornelius Cinna, who was a supporter of politician Gaius Marius.
- Draco's father, Lucius, is a known supporter of the dark and evil Lord Voldemort.
- He was called Menelaus of Alexandria by both Pappus of Alexandria and Proclus, and a conversation of his with Lucius, held in Rome, is recorded by Plutarch.
- Writing during his reign, Clement of Alexandria said, "Many martyrs are daily burned, confined, or beheaded, before our eyes." Lucius Septimius Severus (b.
- The speech of Lucius Piso, Caesar's father-in-law, delayed proceedings against Antony.
- After Antony suffered several defeats, Lucius Caesar was one of the first to say Antony should be declared an enemy of the state.
- Meanwhile, Antony attempted to secure an army in Cyrenaica from Lucius Pinarius.
- In the movies, Draco is played by Tom Felton and Lucius is played by Jason Isaacs.
- In the film series, Lucius is portrayed by Jason Isaacs as an adult, and by Tony Coburn as a teenager.
- Voldemort also took Lucius Malfoy 's wand to fight against Harry Potter, believing his own to be inferior to Harry's.
- JASON ISAACS (Lucius Malfoy) reprises his role as the odious death-eater Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- They were previously served by a house-elf, Dobby, before Lucius was tricked into freeing him by Harry Potter.
- Vitellius, Lucius, proclaimed Roman Emperor by the soldiers at Cologne during the civil war of A.D. 69; d.
- When Gaius Piso was killed by Nero in 65 C.E., Lucius Piso married the widow of his brother and adopted her son (his nephew) Arrius.
- Among them was Britannicus, the emperor's son, and Lucius Domitius, who became soon afterwards by adoption heir to the empire with the surname of Nero.
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus was a statesman of ancient Rome and the father-in-law of Julius Caesar through his daughter Calpurnia Pisonis.
- Lucius Furius Philus was a consul of ancient Rome in 136 BC.
- Lucius is one of the small group of common forenames found in the culture of ancient Rome.
- One of Caesar's ancestors was Lucius Julius Caesar, a one-time consul of Rome.
- The Consuls, Lucius Julius Caesar and Publius Rutilius Lupus, both took the field; with each were five lieutenants, among whom were Marius and Sulla.
- Thus, the daughter of Lucius Julius Caesar was simply called "Julia".
- He was the son of Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus and brother of Calpurnia, wife of Julius Caesar.
- She was the first cousin of Julius Caesar 's father and wife of Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
- He is mostly known for his rape of Lucretia, daughter of Spurius Lucretius Tricipitinus, wife of Collatinus, and relative of Lucius Junius Brutus.
- She was also a first cousin once removed of the dictator Julius Caesar, and aunt of Julia Antonia and Lucius Julius Caesar IV.
- It was just as it had been when Lucius had brought Harry on his first day at the Manor -- or nearly so.
- Once Lucius escaped, he offered the Manor to Voldemort, and yet he was nothing more then a slave.
- Rather than kill him immediately, Lucius Malfoy puts him to use at the manor.
- When Lucius displeased Voldemort, the Dark Lord charged Draco with the task of killing Dumbledore as an indirect attack on Lucius.
- The Dark Lord turned to Lucius Malfoy and the look on his face was not pleasant at all.
- Narcissa Malfoy (née Black) is a pure-blood witch, the wife of Lucius Malfoy and the mother of Draco Malfoy.
- Lepidus was the son of Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; his mother may have been a daughter of Lucius Appuleius Saturninus.
- Nero (AD 54 - 69) Initially, Nero left the rule of Rome to his mother and his tutors, particularly Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
- Scribonia was the daughter of Lucius Scribonius Libo, consul of 34 BC. Sextus and Scribonia had a daughter and only child called Pompeia Magna.
- Or play as Lucius, Bellatrix and Voldemort in intense multiplayer action.
- Lucius flung the door open and stepped inside followed by Draco and Bellatrix.
- In 1993, Dobby protected Harry Potter by using his magic to throw Lucius Malfoy across the floor.
- He assigns Draco Malfoy the task of killing [Dumbledore], at least in part to punish Lucius 's failure, since Draco will almost certainly be killed.
- Lucius had ended up in Azkaban while Draco was supposed to kill Dumbledore.
- Dumbledore had often thought it odd that Lucius would chose the name Draco for his son.
- The final book begins with Voldemort and his Death Eaters at the home of Lucius Malfoy, Malfoy Manor.
- Lucius, who had been important both to the Death Eaters and within the Ministry, was captured and imprisoned.
- Lucius Malfoy, who had been important both to the Death Eaters and within the Ministry, was captured and imprisoned.
- Vitellius was the son of the emperor Claudius's colleague as censor, Lucius Vitellius, who was also consul three times.
- He was the son of Lucius Vitellius, who had been consul and governor of Syria under Tiberius.
- Among them was Lucius Vitellius, whom Otho treated as he treated the rest, and not as though he were the brother either of an Emperor, or of an enemy.
- He was the son of Lucius Vitellius and his wife Sextilia, and had one brother, Lucius Vitellius the younger.
- After the sudden death of Lucius Aelius Caesar, Antoninus was officially adopted by Hadrian on February 25, 138 as successor to the throne.
- At Hadrian's request, Antoninus' daughter Faustina was betrothed to Lucius.[ 55] Marcus was appalled to learn that Hadrian had adopted him.
- In 137, Hadrian had announced that his eventual successor would be Lucius Ceionius Commodus, renamed L. Aelius Caesar.
- Verus was the son of Avidia Plautia and Lucius Aelius Caesar, the adopted son, and intended successor, of Emperor Hadrian (117–138).
- In 164, she was betrothed by her father to his co-emperor and adoptive brother, Lucius Verus, gaining the title of Augusta.
- He served in the Parthian War under Lucius Verus and was consul in AD 166 or 167.
- His adopted sons and successors, Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus, erected a column of red granite in his honor in the Campus Martius.
- Julia was the daughter of Lucius Julius Caesar III and sister to Lucius Julius Caesar IV. She was born in Rome about 104bc and died sometime after 43bc.
- His mother, was the sister of the Grandfather (Lucius Julius Caesar), of Julius Caesar (which makes him a 2nd Uncle of Julius Caesar!).
- C. n., sister of the dictator, and wife of Lucius Pinarius and Quintus Pedius.
- Lucius Scipio, a brother of Scipio the African fighter who had defeated Hannibal and his Carthaginians at Zama, was sent to Asia Minor.
- It shines with even greater warmth when men are of the same age, as in the case of Scipio and Lucius Furius, Publius Rupilius, Spurius Mummius, and myself.
- Fulvia and Antony's younger brother, Lucius Antonius, raised eight legions in Italy.
- Lucius Antonius (1st century BC) was the younger brother and supporter of Mark Antony, a Roman politician.
- Lucius Antonius (1st century BC) was the younger brother and supporter of Marcus Antonius, a Roman politician.
- Together with Lucius Antonius she raised an army in Italy to fight for Antony's rights against Octavian.
- Octavian besieged Fulvia and Lucius Antonius in the winter of 41 - 40 BC, starving them into surrender.
- The lives of Fulvia and Lucius Antonius were both spared, but Antonius was sent to govern a Spanish province.
- Reference > Titles > Emperor > Caesar
- Death Eaters
* Death Eater
* Gaius Marius
* Lucius Cornelius Sulla
* Lucius Malfoy
* Lucius Sulla
* Lucius Verus
* Narcissa Malfoy
* Son Lucius
Books about "Lucius" in