Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Maceo Parker"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Maceo Parker (born February 14, 1943) is a gifted funk and soul jazz saxophone player, best known for his contributions to James Brown 's distinct sound.
- Maceo Parker is one of the best saxophone players of all time.He has such a fluid Funky sound that no other sax player has,in my opinion.
- Wesley toured with his colleagues from the James Brown band, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker as the JB Horns in the early nineties.
- In the early nineties Wesley toured with his colleagues from the James Brown band, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker, as the JB Horns.
- Wesley was featured trombonist with Maceo Parker until 1996 when he formed his own band, The Fred Wesley Group.
- His earliest years were spent playing in R&B and funk bands in emulation of his first hero, Maceo Parker.
- On the Fourth of July, Wesley quit the group to join up with George Clinton, and Maceo Parker soon followed.
- The following year, Maceo Parker and Fred Wesley (also from the JBs) joined Parliament, enhancing the horns and adding a new, jazzy dimension to the music.
- With Fred Wesley and Maceo Parker he recorded a number of albums that defined a distinctive brand of jazz-funk.
- He also worked on different occasions with famous jazz and funk musicians, such as Miles Davis, Larry Graham, George Clinton, and Maceo Parker.
- When Clinton had wanted horns for the first time, Bootsy had reached out to Fred Wesley and Maceo Parker.
- Music > Musicians > James Brown > Fred Wesley
- Funk Musicians
- George Clinton
- Different Occasions
Books about "Maceo Parker" in