Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Malerkotla"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Malerkotla is a city and a municipal council in Sangrur district in the Indian state of Punjab.
- Malerkotla, a Muslim Pathan(sherwani) state, is most respected house in Punjab.
- Malerkotla was the only safe haven for Muslims.
- Malerkotla was won without any resistance, because it was the Nawab of Malerkotla, who had fervently appealed against the killing of Guru's two younger sons.
- Today Malerkotla is the only place in Punjab that has a Muslim majority.
- As of 2001 India census, Malerkotla had a population of 106,802.
- In this formation and continuing their march, they fought the invaders and their Indian allies (The Nawabs of Malerkotla, Sirhind, etc.) desperately.
- Near the village of Kup, in the vicinity of Malerkotla, about 20,000 Sikhs died at the end of a single day's action (February 5, 1762).
- Due to the Muslim majority in Malerkotla in schools across Malerkotla Urdu is taught alongside Punjabi and Hindi.
- Guru Gobind Singh on learning this kind and humanitarian approach profusely thanked the Nawab of Malerkotla and blessed him with his Hukamnama, Kirpan etc.
- When the Afghan leader came to know of the whereabouts of the Sikhs, he sent word ahead to his allies in Malerkotla and Sirhind to stop their advance.
- On their way back from river Attak, the Singhs looted Gujrat, Sialkot, Sirhind and Malerkotla turn by turn, these states were protectorates of Abdali.
- Consequently the army of Malerkotla had been fighting battles against Guru Gobind Singh under the directions of Wazir Khan, the Faujdar of Sirhind.
- During the Mughal rule, Malerkotla was under the Faujdar of Sirhind.
- Muslim Majority
- Science > Geography > Regions > Punjab
- People > Age > People > Sikhs
Books about "Malerkotla" in