Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Manchester"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Manchester is a city and metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester, England.
- Manchester is a centre for musical education, being home to the Royal Northern College of Music and Chetham's School of Music.
- Manchester is a successful sporting city with many famous sporting people heralding from the city as well as from the surrounding area of Greater Manchester.
- Manchester was an important industrial city during the war, located in the North of England.
- Manchester was a prolific New York City area collector and the author of the famous book "Minerals of New York City and Its Environs", published in 1931.
- Northern Rail also operates an hourly service calling at all stations from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria.
- Arriva Trains Wales runs services on the line and many continue to Manchester Piccadilly, via Stockport or else to Holyhead via Wrexham and Chester.
- There are twice daily train services connecting the town with London Paddington and regular services to Cardiff Central, and Manchester Piccadilly.
- The station is 11 km (7 mi) south east of Manchester Piccadilly on the Buxton Line.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Real Madrid of lacking morals over their pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson considered him the best goalkeeper to play for the club since Peter Schmeichel.
- As a winger in Sporting, he was spotted by Manchester United manager sir Alex Ferguson who signed him for 12.24million in 2003.
- Royton Cricket Club are an English cricket team, based in the Royton area of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, Greater Manchester.
- Student radio stations include Fuse FM at the University of Manchester and Shock FM at the University of Salford).
- Clifton Cricket Club is a cricket club based in Clifton, near Swinton, in the City of Salford, Greater Manchester.
- They are the only semi-professional side in the City of Salford, with Manchester United the closest league club.
- The first stations in the modern sense were on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, opened in 1830.
- The Toy Manchester Terrier is a diminutive version of the standard Manchester Terrier.
- The Toy Manchester Terrier enjoys the comforts of home and should be given a soft bed to lay down in.
- Other than size differences and ear type, the Manchester Terrier and the Toy Manchester Terrier should be identical.
- The main mathematics research seminar room in the Alan Turing Building at the University of Manchester is named in his honour.
- With winger Billy Meredith a powerful influence, Manchester United earned their first major honour in 1908 when the club won the championship.
- United won 2-1, denying Liverpool the honour that Manchester United would itself earn in 1999.
- USA Swimming announced a 36-person team on Wednesday to face a combined squad from Britain, Germany and Italy at Manchester, England, on Dec.
- Nesta missed Milan's 4-0 loss to Manchester United in the Champions League on Wednesday and was diagnosed with a torn tendon Friday.
- Wednesday had made a poor start to the 1997-98 season, including a 7-2 loss at Blackburn and a 6-1 loss at Manchester United.
- Stone took the bronze medal on floor at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, England, while finishing fifth on bars and eighth in the all-around.
- His television debut was in 2002 at the Manchester Commonwealth Games, where he competed in the 4×200 m freestyle relay and won a bronze medal.
- Serbia defender Nemanja Vidic's future at Manchester United could be in doubt as his agent acknowledged that his client could leave Old Trafford this summer.
- Arsenal striker Thierry Henry insists he will throw off an ankle injury to play in Sunday's Premiership showdown with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- I think Nani's time is up at Old Trafford and I would welcome the winger who Maradona described as ‘the next Argentinian superstar' to Manchester.
- October 16 - Arsenal loses for the first time in 49 league games, a national record, going down 2-0 to Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- The new flag was used for the first time at the XVII Commonwealth Games in Manchester, England (25 July to 4 August, 2002).
- The two clashed for the first time in the United Kingdom, at Mayhem In Manchester, where the Undertaker managed to get the victory over this brother.
- The Diocese of Manchester is a diocese of the Church of England in the Province of York.
- On board the plane was the Manchester United football team, nicknamed the Busby Babes, along with a number of supporters and journalists.
- The Caldervale Line is a railway route in Northern England between the cities of Leeds and Manchester as well as the seaside resort of Blackpool.
- The Caldervale line is a railway from Leeds to Manchester Victoria and Blackpool North in the north of England.
- CrossCountry operate trains through Birmingham to Manchester, the north east of England, and Scotland.
- Alex Bruce (born September 28, 1984 in Manchester) is an English footballer who currently plays for Tranmere Rovers, on loan from Birmingham City.
- On August 10, 2006, Foster re-signed on loan for Watford after Manchester United secured the services of Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak on loan.
- The Manchester Evening News says striker Danny Welbeck will head the procession set to go out on loan.
- The station is on the Caldervale Line 20 km (12¾ miles) north of Manchester Victoria on the way to Leeds.
- Scientists at the University of Manchester see a way for the semantic web to enhance the browsing experience for visually impaired users.
- I like the scouting systems AC Milan, Manchester United and Arsenal have and they way they develop those players.
- His playing career came to an end on 8 April 1996, whilst playing for Coventry against Manchester United.
- Salford Quays, Salford, England is an area at the end of the Manchester Ship Canal.
- I'm very comfortable in Manchester, Gabriel Heinze said at the end of the 2006-2007 season.
- Cardiff Central is a Grade II listed building managed by Arriva Trains Wales who also operate services to West Wales, Holyhead and Manchester.
- The Caldervale line offers regular services to Leeds via Halifax and Bradford and to Manchester and Blackpool.
- There are services to Sussex and the South Coast including Brighton and direct trains to both Reading and Manchester from East Croydon station.
- It is the terminus, and from here, trains depart every two hours to Manchester Piccadilly via Carmarthen, Swansea, and Cardiff Central.
- Ronaldo has become one of the most creative and influential players at Manchester United and has matured into a player with outstanding ability.
- In a dramatic final, Manchester United took the lead through Ronaldo before Frank Lampard equalised for Chelsea.
- His comment surprisingly comes weeks after Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said that Ronaldo could make a sensational return to Old Trafford.
- But by buying from Milan, Manchester United, Liverpool and Lyon that money goes abroad.
- Deansgate is one of several commuter train stations in Manchester city centre, England.
- The journey from Buxton to Manchester city centre takes just under an hour.
- Manchester city centre, the central business district of Greater Manchester, is a major centre of trade and commerce.
- John Casken has been a lecturer at Birmingham and Durham Universities and, since 1992, has been Professor of Music at the University of Manchester.
- Jevons taught at Owens College, Manchester, from 1863 to 1876, when he became professor of political economy at University College, London.
- It forms a large part of the major trunk route from Southampton, via Oxford, to Birmingham, The Potteries and Manchester.
- After 1860 a succession of students finished their theological education at Manchester College, Oxford; others at the Unitarian Home Missionary College.
- The Manchester and Milford Railway later connected with the C&CR at Pencader, completing the route through to Lampeter and finally Aberystwyth in 1867.
- Completing the bottom three are Manchester City and Sheffield Wednesday, who had been largely expected to compete near the top of the table this season.
- Ince played just once in the Second Division the following season before completing a highly controversial transfer to Manchester United for £ 1 million.
- David Beckham will finally return to Old Trafford after 7 years and he will be hoping that AC Milan can get the needed victory against Manchester United.
- Except losing to The Spurs at White Heart Lane, they always won against big teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, and Liverpool.
- Fulham did not get off to a good start in 2006-07, losing their first match 5-1 to Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- In 1857, Bright's unpopular opposition to the Crimean War led to him losing his seat as member for Manchester.
- In the 1906 general election, Churchill won a seat in Manchester.
- Churchill lost his Manchester seat to the Conservative William Joynson-Hicks, but was soon elected in another by-election at Dundee.
- FIDE very quickly accepted a bid from Manchester (England) to host the title match in 1993.
- Easy money: ----------- As Manchester City, go to your club's reserve team and make a bid to loan a player.
- On 7 July 2006, it was confirmed by West Bromwich Albion manager Bryan Robson that Manchester United made a bid for Kuszczak of around 2 million pounds.
- Lord Alliance owns a home in Didsbury, Manchester and a mock Georgian mansion in north west London.
- Stretford has been the home of Manchester United Football Club since 1910, and of the Lancashire County Cricket Club since 1864.
- At the age of 16, David Beckham left home and signed for Manchester United as a trainee on 8 July, 1991.
- Although Ferguson remained at the club over the summer, he did eventually join Manchester United when Atkinson was sacked in November 1986.
- The 9th signing of the summer was completed on the 6th August when Leeds signed midfielder Adam Clayton on loan from Manchester City.
- This summer, I bought a Balotelli jersey and off he goes to Manchester.
- Juve are also keen on David Silva, but the Valencia star looks set to join Real Madrid despite extra interest from Manchester City and Arsenal.
- In structure the Manchester presents a sleek, sturdy, yet elegant look, and has a wedge-shaped, long and clean head with a keen, bright, alert expression.
- Of course, Manchester City have been extensively linked with him, but Ronaldinho is thought not to be keen on a move to the club.
- The Match took place at Old Trafford in Manchester and was won by The Rest of the World for the first time, by penalties after a 2-2 draw.
- Piper not participating in the match where he and Ric Flair lost the tag team titles in Manchester, England was due to the intense pain he was in.
- Clarence Seedorf and Pato have recovered in time for the match and travelled to Manchester.
- Manchester City obliged with a 2-3 reverse but Newcastle beat Middlesbrough 3-0 to be crowned champions.
- A year when they were Champions again, nothing, it seemed, would prevent the young braves of Manchester United from reigning for the next decade.
- There are frequent Metrolink trams from Bowker Vale to and from Manchester city centre and as far south as Altrincham and as far north as Bury.
- It is south of the River Mersey, approximately 10 miles (16 km) south-west of Manchester, and occupies an area of about 1,100 acres (445 hectares).
- All this contrasts starkly with the great industrial power-houses of south and west Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Tyne & Wear and east Lancashire.
- Popularly known as "The Textile Capital of South India" or "The Manchester of the South", the city is situated on the banks of the river Noyyal.
- Cristiano Ronaldo admits he is missing life at Manchester United but insists he made the right choice to move to Real Madrid.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has said he has absolutely no regrets about leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid this summer.
- Cristiano Ronaldo expects to sign a new deal with Manchester United soon and put an end to all the speculation surrounding his future.
- Real Madrid is reportedly very close to complete the signing of Manchester Untied defender Nemanja Vidic.
- Vieira left Arsenal for Juventus and then moved on to Inter Milan before signing for Manchester City in this season's winter transfer window.
- Although nobody could have known it, the signing of Matt Busby was as momentous an event as any in the history of Manchester United.
- At this point in time, Caerphilly was one of the few councils that would allow the group to perform (Leeds and Manchester being the others).
- It was only a matter of time when Paul Scholes followed his teammates by signing a one-year contract extension with Manchester United.
- Bohr attended the University of Copenhagen (1903-11), then studied for a time under Ernest Rutherford in Manchester, England.
- The Curry Mile is a nickname for the main high street of Rusholme in Manchester, England, part of the larger Wilmslow Road.
- Old Trafford (given the nickname The Theatre of Dreams by Bobby Charlton) is a football stadium that serves as the home of Manchester United.
- Michael Adrian Carrick (born 28 July 1981 in Wallsend, Tyne and Wear) is an English footballer who currently plays for Manchester United as a midfielder.
- Reyna, a midfielder, plays his club soccer for Manchester City in the English Premier League.
- Nedum Onuoha (born in Warri, Nigeria on November 12, 1986) is an English footballer who currently plays for Manchester City as a defender.
- There is no doubt the game also suffered in it’s lack of team star power that Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid would have brought.
- Barcelona could also come in for Johnson should Daniel Alves accept a mega bucks offer from Manchester City this summer.
- On Barcelona - "After watching Watford against Manchester City last night that was like a bubblebath.
- United Kingdom > England > Merseyside > Liverpool
- World > Countries > United Kingdom > England
- Population > Settlements > Cities > City
- Information > Knowledge > Education > University
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Birmingham
* Ashton Canal
* Bonnaroo Music Festival
* Bridgewater Canal
* Ellesmere Port
* English Football Manager
* English Football Player
* English Former Footballer
* English Rock Band
* Former Player
* Greater Manchester
* John Gardner
* Manchester Airport
* Manchester City
* Manchester Ship Canal
* Manchester United
* Manchester University
* United Kingdom
* Victoria University
Books about "Manchester" in