Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Mary Wells"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Mary Wells is a retired classroom teacher having enjoyed 40 years of wonderful teaching experiences with children in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah.
- With her soft voice, Mary Wells was a soul singer who could sound both shy and sexy at the same time.
- Later, Mary Wells and the Temptations had big hits with Robinson originals, "My Guy" (1964) and "My Girl" (also from 1964), respectively.
- Mary Wells had 10 singles out on the label between 1961 and 1964, plus a duet with Marvin Gaye, and all of them are here, plus most of their B-sides.
- And where Mary Wells had cooed seductively to Gaye, allowing him to shine on their duets, Weston often challenged him, sometimes matching him note for note.
- For me, the gritty, soulful backbone of the Motown sound will always be Martha Reeves, Mary Wells, Kim Weston.
- Not only did he have many hits as a solo artist; he also sang duets with Mary Wells, Kim Weston, Tammi Terrell, and Diana Ross.
- They also served as background singers for various Motown acts, including Mary Wells and Marvin Gaye.
- Gaye's popularity further increased after Motown released his first duet project, an album with Mary Wells titled Together.
- Motown > Martha Reeves
- Tammi Terrell
- Arts > Theatre > Drama > Duets
- Motown > Marvin Gaye
Books about "Mary Wells" in