Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Masses"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Masses (such as tumors) are specifically of interest because this test is often used to screen for colon cancer.
- Masses are compared with a mass spectrometer (see below).
- Masses were carried out by a special body of clerics instituted by Pope Simplicius.
- Masses were also determined for species with indehiscent fruits, both with and without the endocarp removed.
- The masses are then generated through interactions with hypothetical scalar fields called Higgs fields without violating the gauge symmetry.
- But no matter--- I hope you have come to agree that the mechanism for the vector mass is completely different than the mechanism for the fermion masses.
- Scientists also hope that in explaining the extra generations, a TOE will explain why particles have the masses they do.
- I just hope next time, Kapur will be able to tell his story the way he intended, and not cut apart his movie apart for the masses.
- Also a new page on the role of ultrasound in diagnosing thyroid nodules and masses.
- In medicine, ultrasound is used to detect changes in appearance of organs, tissues, and vessels or detect abnormal masses, such as tumors.
- Ultrasound is the most effective for diagnosis the effusion and for detecting pericardial and cardiac masses.
- Brookite occurs only as crystals, never in compact masses, and is usually associated with either anatase or rutile.
- Bytownite is usually found as grains in gabbros and in compact masses.
- Also present as a constituent of the albite porphyry at the mouth of the middle tunnel as small masses and grains.
- Astronomers think the boundary between black holes and neutron stars lies somewhere between 1.7 and 2.7 solar masses.
- This allowed the astronomers to estimate the mass (1.9 solar masses) of the pulsar.
- The astronomers used Spitzer to survey six sets of stars, grouped depending on their age, with masses comparable to our sun.
- All objects that have mass possess a gravitational force that attracts all other masses.
- The masses of these objects all influence the orbits of each other in small and large ways.
- Thus, among objects with equal masses, the one with greater volume has greater buoyancy.
- Genital warts often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or anal area.
- Like the Milky Way, Andromeda's galactic center appears to harbor an X-ray source characteristic of a black hole of a million or more solar masses.
- Even so, the masses of the Milky Way and M31 are comparable, and M31's spheroid actually has a higher stellar density than that of the Milky Way.
- The Canis Major dwarf appears to contain about 1 billion solar masses and is thus adding nearly 1 percent to the mass of the Milky Way.
- Gandhi told the masses to act as an independent nation and not to follow the orders of the British.
- Clearly, Gandhi had one standard for the Indian masses, and quite another for the nation's colonial overlords.
- This progress belongs everybody, large masses of this country," said Mr. Gandhi, who retained his Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- The planet had changed: temperatures were warmer, the skies contained ash and the land masses began to resemble the present-day continents.
- It is made from fusing Helium and Oxygen, in the Alpha process, which requires temperatures above 100 megakelvins and masses greater than 3 solar masses.
- Such misuse of the notion of common sense is fallacious, being a form of the argumentum ad populum (appeal to the masses) fallacy.
- While we all hope that our product or service will appeal to the masses, the truth is, that may not happen.
- Rose quartz is found in masses, druses, granular structures, grains, veins, and quite rarely, as lovely crystal structures.
- Commonly found in veins and masses derived from the alteration of serpentine through the action of waters containing carbonic acid.
- It is found as short prismatic crystals and as irregular masses, usually in veins and replacement deposits associated with granites.
- For many elements, the atomic masses of the individual isotopes are now known more accurately than is the atomic mass of the element.
- The tabulated atomic masses of elements are averages that account for the presence of multiple isotopes with different masses.
- They set out to see what might happen to those elements if they altered the masses of elementary particles called quarks.
- Atomic weight: Atomic weight values represent weighted average of the masses of all naturally occurring isotopes of an element.
- Isotopes are atoms of the same element that have the same atomic number but different masses due to a different number of neutrons.
- The atomic weight of an element is the mean (weighted average) of the atomic masses of all the naturally occurring isotopes.
- Even where the masses are close whole numbers, the masses of an element other than hydrogen is always greater than its atomic number, not equal to it.
- Even the lightest element, hydrogen has three isotopes having masses 1.0078 u, 2.0141 u, and 3.0160 u.
- They are also known as heavy elements because their atoms have very large masses compared with atoms of hydrogen, the lightest of all elements.
- Some new helium is being created currently as a result of the nuclear fusion of hydrogen in stars greater than 0.5 solar masses.
- But the sum of these masses is greater than the Helium 4 mass so this decay is forbidden too.
- If the masses of all six particles are added together, the total should equal the entire mass of a single atom of helium (its atomic mass).
- Patients may develop "lumps" or "masses" in their thyroid glands.
- Ultrasound also can be used to locate and evaluate masses (lumps or tumors) in the scrotum.
- A medical doctor specialized in the removal of organs, masses and tumors and in doing other procedures using a knife (scalpel).
- Masses (tumors) in the abdomen suggest cancer infiltrating the liver (metastatic cancer) as the cause of the jaundice.
- The average growth of these masses is about 4-5 mm per year, and a significant proportion (up to 40%) of tumors less than 4cm in diameter are benign.
- Most masses in the parotid gland area are benign (noncancerous).
- Polyps are masses of accumulated mucous that form within the gallbladder.
- When chromosomes are damaged, cell growth becomes uncontrolled, resulting in masses of extra tissue (polyps).
- Virtual Colonoscopy(or CT colonography) is a rapid CT examination of the abdomen to examine the air-filled colon for masses or polyps.
- The atomic masses of the atoms really measure the mass of a mole of that atom.
- It also helps imply the relative masses in the atom, even though the scale is poorly illustrated.
- Meson: A member of the class of short lived, elementary particles having rest masses between that of the electron and the proton.
- The electron has two more massive partners, with the same charge but different masses: the muon and the tauon.
- However, as Feynman points out, it fails totally to explain why particles such as the electron have the masses they do.
- A supermassive black hole is the largest type of black hole in a galaxy, on the order of hundreds of thousands to billions of solar masses.
- But unlike a globular cluster, the stars in a galaxy may have a range of masses, ages and chemical composition.
- Then, after the observation phase of the study is completed, they will run a series of computer models to calculate masses and orbits for each galaxy.
- The distribution of galaxies into groups, clusters, and superclusters carries information on masses and motions in the early Universe.
- Scientists think that most galaxies have black holes at their centres, with masses ranging from a million to a few billion times the mass of our sun.
- Because all masses are positive, large bodies such as planets, stars and galaxies have large total masses and therefore exert large gravitational forces.
- The JUNEBERRIES are very ornamental shrubs with their masses of white flowers in the spring and attractive autumn colours.
- An Aloe vera relative that is quite hardy and vigorous, producing masses of spikes of flowers.
- But in the meanwhile, the masses of proletarians who suffer and who do not believe in the coming liberation, do not listen to the anarchists.
- Anarchists could not hope to convert the masses to their creed if they remained aloof from them.
- The Anarchists wanted no oligarchy, no inner circle of powerful men to guide the ignorant masses.
- By this theory war is another " opiate of the masses " by which a state controls its people and prevents revolution.
- The Revolution of 1911 led by Dr. Sun Yat-sen won wide acclaim and support among the broad masses of the Manchu people.
- The Majoron is predicted to understand neutrino masses by the seesaw mechanism.
- The heavy singlet neutrinos are naturally invoked to give masses to the light neutrinos through the seesaw mechanism.
- Once the symmetry is broken, the gauge boson particles, such as the W bosons and Z boson, acquire masses.
- The actual physical masses of the particles are used so that SU(3) symmetry is broken.
- Two of the flavours, called up and down, are close to having equal masses, and the theory of these two quarks possesses an approximate SU(2) symmetry.
- Strategy By comparing the masses of carbon-14 to that of nitrogen-14 + and electron we can estimate the energy released from the mass difference.
- If two masses with heat energies of 5 joules and 10 joules are added together, the added masses will have a total heat energy of 15 joules.
- Nuclear masses can change due to reactions because this "lost" mass is converted into energy.
- So this difference in the actual nuclear mass and the expected nuclear mass (sum of the individual masses of nuclear particles) is called mass defect.
- The difference in masses is attributed to spontaneous symmetry breaking as the hot universe cooled.
- Likewise, a balance with a readability of 0.1 mg will not display any difference between objects with masses from 0.06 mg to 0.14 mg.
- On the other were masses of people who had entered Rome one way or another, mainly from the surrounding Italic tribes.
- Appeal to the masses (argumentum ad populum, appealing to the people, mob appeal, appealing to the gallery, appeal to popular pieties).
- Therefore Anarchists build organizations in order to build a new world, not to perpetuate our domination over the masses of people.
- Although astronomers know stars come in a variety of masses, they don't know if the bodies have a weight limit at birth.
- Gravitational force depends on the masses of two bodies, whereas electric force depends on the electric charges of two bodies.
- Pegmatites are bodies of rock commonly of granitic composition that consist mainly of unusually large crystals or masses of quartz, feldspar, and mica.
- The study did not refer to the possibility of adapting the orbits to the distribution of land masses or populations on Earth, nor to elliptical orbits.
- Newton showed that a pair of bodies follow orbits of dimensions that are in inverse proportion to their masses about their common center of mass.
- The discoveries by Marcy and his team have allowed astronomers to study the masses, radii, and orbits of a diverse array of extrasolar planets.
- You might also observe that the mass of an isotope is less than the sum of masses of its nucleons and electrons.
- The same mechanism as the quarks would then give masses to the electrons, but because of the missing right-handed neutrino the neutrinos remain massless.
- In contrast, neutron stars are between 1.5 and 3 solar masses, and achieve such density that the protons and electrons are crushed to become neutrons.
- The neutrons are particles which have no charge but have approximately the same masses as the protons.
- Find the numbers of protons, neutrons, and electrons of isotopes, as well as the atomic masses, atomic numbers, and.
- The mass of an atom is more than the sum of the individual masses of its protons and neutrons, which is what those numbers represent.
- The weak: interaction is carried by the bosons that, unlike photons and gravitons, have large masses.
- We need only to sum the simple (non-loop) exchanges of gravitons between masses.
- There is no reason, in any case, why gravitons are not being exchanged with the rest of the masses in the universe.
- In the Standard Model a fifth interaction type is needed to account for the masses of all particles, the hypothetical Higgs field carried by Higgs bosons.
- Rectal examination and pelvic examination (for women) to locate tenderness, masses, and blood are essential.
- Your doctor will check for masses, areas of tenderness, fluid accumulation and enlarged organs.
- Each scrotum should be examined individually for presence of the testis, its size, the presence of a hydrocele, masses, nodules, and tenderness.
- Abdominal examination should note areas of tenderness, presence of peritoneal findings (eg, guarding, rigidity, rebound), and any masses or organomegaly.
- Abdominal examination revealed several large, well palpable, hard abdominal masses, in the left and right lower quadrants, and hyperactive bowel sounds.
- Continuing work on masses and form factors of hadrons and their weak matrix elements are promising candidates for future quantitative tests.
- These generate the global SU(6) flavor symmetry of the fundamental particles; this symmetry is badly broken by the masses of the heavy quarks.
- With their greater masses, heavy quarks can have different flow patterns and behavior than their far more abundant cousins.
- The masses of the quarks themselves, however, and also the mass of the electron, are entirely caused by the Higgs field.
- The Higgs field and the way the particles interact with it must have very special properties for the masses to be included in the theory in a consistent way.
- However, this theory, that the fermion masses are mediated by their interaction with the Higgs field, does not predict their mass m(f).
- One way to give masses to the W and Z is to use particles known as Higgs fields.
- Enargite forms metallic black, tabular, or prismatic crystals and granular, cleavable masses in vein and replacement deposits of intermediate temperature.
- Morganite is a type of beryl and crystallises in the form of masses and prismatic crystals.
- Usually found in foliated or granular masses and scales, molybdenite occasionally forms lead gray, six sided tabular or prismatic crystals.
- Prehnite frequently forms lamellar or rounded masses; tabular or prismatic crystals (orthorhombic system) are found more rarely.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Matter > Mass
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Matter > Particles
- Nature > Matter > Atoms > Isotopes
* Crystal Habits
* Earth Masses
* Gravitational Constant
* Higgs Boson
* Larger Masses
* Large Masses
* Lymph Nodes
* Max Eastman
* Neutrino Masses
* Neutron Star
* Particle Masses
* Quark Masses
* Rock Masses
* Sacred Works
* Small Masses
* Solar System
* Standard Model
* Tabular Crystals
* Vacuum Expectation Value
Books about "Masses" in