Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Master"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A master is a truly magnificent sight in a gun battle.
- The Master, a re-appearing nemesis of the Doctor and fellow Time Lord, had his own TARDIS, a later model whose Chameleon Circuit was not broken.
- The master was a living temple of God whose secret doors were open to all disciples through devotion.
- His master, the old Ventrue advisor of the prince, was murdered by the very son he saved from death.
- THE MASTER is set between 1895 and 1899 when James lived, most of the time, in London, eclipsed by Oscar Wilde, a man more troubled than was James.
- Despite resistance from family, Swami Muktidharma went to India to live with his Guru, a Master of the ancient science of yoga.
- Swamiji often remarked that everything he taught and preached and knew about Yoga, he learned only from his Master during that intensive training.
- Sri Aurobindo was a master of Yoga which he believed would develop the "higher principles of life" which remain hidden within every individual.
- My master was, to my knowledge, the father of eleven slaves.
- Only the master could determine if a student had achieved enough knowledge to graduate and organize lectures of their own.
- The ocean is the vast region of knowledge that the University should help its alumni to master.
- When you, for example, ask AUCTeX to run a command on the master file, it has no way of knowing the name of the master file.
- In the 1970s, Fu Manchu appeared as the father of the character Shang-Chi in the series Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu.
- Day began his seven-year association with Master of Kung Fu by inking penciler Mike Zeck starting with issue #76 (May 1976).
- Shang-Chi appeared again in issue #16, and with issue #17 (April 1974) the title was changed to The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu.
- Monteverdi was a master of both, producing precisely styled madrigals that extended the forms of Luca Marenzio and Giaches de Wert.
- Charlemagne was now master of Italy as king of the Lombards.
- One God, one King, one Pope, one master in the factory, one father-leader in the family at home.
- The father of Pekah, captain of Pekahiah; king of Israel, who slew his master and usurped his throne.
- Then, the Master who is a far distance away on the dharma platform will practice the dharma.
- Master and Dharma King) became the founding fathers of the Dharma in Tibet.
- A few years later, I made a record of the Dharma that the Master had transmitted to me, but I could recall only a small portion of it.
- Claude Gillot (1673-1722) was a French painter, best known as the master of Watteau and Lancret.
- Lev Alburt is the current US Champion and Eric Schiller is a US Master and author of a number of books on this subject area.
- Eric Schiller is a National Master and author of over 50 books on opening strategy.
- The author of the Rybka4 book is Jiri Dufek (national master, FIDE 2276, ICCF IM 2579), one of the world‘s leading experts in chess opening theory.
- In a better film, the heavy reliance on devices straight from Hitchcock might be a homage to the master of suspense; in Nick of Time it seems like a rip-off.
- It's because of novels like this that Dean Koontz is called the master of suspense.
- Brad Thor, master of suspense and New York Times bestselling author of The First Commandment, returns with his highest-voltage thriller to date.
- The title of Master Drummer is given to a drummer who is well known by other masters for his high skill and knowledge in African drumming.
- Two years later in 1980, he joined the Jazz Messengers to study under master drummer and bandleader, Art Blakey.
- Learning to play the djembe generally involves finding a master drummer and having a couple of private lessons or lessons for small groups of people.
- Unfortunately for her, Aang immediately masters the lessons she gives him, despite the fact that it took her some time to master them.
- Bobby Fischer is definitely the master of masters of chess.
- It is also expressed sometimes by repeating the noun; as raja, a king, raja-raja, kings; tuan, master, tuan-tuan, masters.
- He was born in Tibet and is a fully accomplished meditation master and internationally renowned teacher of Buddhism.
- Atisa, who entered Tibet to spread Buddhism during the 11th century, was a master painter of Buddhist portraits.
- He is a fully accomplished meditation master, an international teacher, and the author of 20 acclaimed books on Buddhism.
- Overall, World of Warcraft is a game that's easy to learn, challenging to master, beautiful to watch, and tons of fun to play.
- J.K. Rowling: As Dumbledore explains, the real master of Death accepts that he must die, and that there are much worse things in the world of the living.
- As the Avatar, Aang must master all four elements to bring peace to the world.
- So spake IACOBUS BURGUNDUS MOLENSIS(17) the Grand Master of the Temple; and of the GOD that is Ass-headed did he dare not speak.
- Gerard de Ridefort, the Master of the Temple who had managed to escape from Hattin, was captured and executed.
- In 1664, Muyan succeeded his master as chief of the temple and in 1671 established another temple called Zuishōji at Shirokane, Edo.
- Devotees began to flock to the temple at Dakshineswar to visit the Master.
- Albert Collins was a true master of the blues whose piercing playing could send chills down the spine.
- He left the employ of Guy and Wells for good in 1977, only to hook up with Alligator acts Son Seals and then the Master of the Telecaster, Albert Collins.
- His crisp Texas-style lead work carries a heavy dose of Albert Collins reverb without resorting to slavish imitation of the Master of the Telecaster.
- Priority determines the role that each VRRP router plays and what happens if the virtual router master fails.
- As the virtual router master, Router A controls the IP address of the virtual router and is responsible for forwarding packets sent to this IP address.
- In general, the scope of a virtual router is restricted to a single LAN, and each virtual router comprises a master and one or more backup routers.
- In Master of Orion 3, the sequel to one of the best-loved strategy games of all time, players assume the biggest role ever.
- Master your skills against the computer at 14 different poker games then play online against thousands of players from around the world.
- FIDE also assumed the role of awarding the titles Grandmaster and International Master, as well as eventually assigning numerical ratings to players.
- Vermeer's first paintings were historical and 'genre paintings' Soon after becoming a master of the Guild, his subject matter and style suddenly changed.
- In 1634, Rembrandt became a member of the Guild of St. Luke, in order that he may train pupils and apprentices as a self-employed master.
- He spent his life in Haarlem, where he was registered as a master by the Guild of St. Luke in 1610.
- A master of the macabre, Poe exhibits his literary prowess in these classic short stories.
- Mister B. Gone marks the long-awaited return of Clive Barker, the great master of the macabre, to the classic horror story.
- A collection of short stories by Stephen King, the modern master of the macabre.
- In these two places the young disciples nursed the Master with devoted care.
- Our degree programs lead to the Master of Arts or Master of Science in either Statistics or Applied Statistics and the Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics.
- In the Doctor Who episode The End of Time,The Doctor compares The Master to Skeletor due to his brief appearances in skeletal form.
- Controlled by telekinetic power, the Doctor gained control of Kamelion during a battle of wills with the Master.
- When first encountered by the Doctor in The King's Demons, Kamelion is a tool of the renegade Time Lord known as the Master.
- It uses an Explorer-like interface and the novice user can master in minutes.
- The New Age movement entertains a wide variety of views on Jesus, often recognizing him as a "great teacher" (or Ascended Master") similar to Buddha.
- It is significant that he embraced Buddhism, in the lifetime of the Great Master (Buddha) himself.
- Rumors of a man named Gotama (the Buddha) having achieved Nirvana sets the two youths out to seek a new master, although Siddhartha is skeptical.
- Dharma transmission is the act of passing the Zen or Chan Buddhist doctrine from a master to student.
- Zen Master Seung Sahn is the 78th Patriarch in his line of Dharma Transmission in the Chogye order of Korean Buddhism.
- In 1963 she received the Dharma Transmission from Koho Zenji and later was certified by him as Roshi (Zen Master).
- Ardabur (died 471) was the son of Flavius Ardabur Aspar, Master of Horse and Magister Militum of the Eastern Roman Empire in the fifth century.
- At this time, Flaccus was also made magister equitum ("Master of the Horse"),[ 9] and remained so until 79 BC.
- He handles language with the skill of a master craftsman, yet his poems are easily accessible, often meditative and surprising.
- From a throng of a thousand sons, his father roused Morpheus, a master craftsman and simulator of human forms.
- No doubt, James Wilkinson is a master craftsman who produces fascinating music for the mind, soul, and serious students of the guitar.
- With the help of legendary wizard Ogion (Danny Glover, "Lethal Weapon"), he seeks to master his craft, but instead unleashes an evil force.
- And, because he virtually started the telescope industry in America, he could not benefit by learning his craft as apprentice to a master.
- A master craftsman was entitled to employ young people as an inexpensive form of labour in exchange for providing formal training in the craft.
- If you are a Great Vehicle person, then the Great Vehicle is the master, the lord, and the Small Vehicle is the servant.
- New problems emerge and new methods are required -- Pafnuty Lvovich Chebyshev In mathematics our role is more that of servant than master.
- The mezuzah was where a servant who wanted to serve his master for life would have his ear pierced (Exodus 21:6).
- Elvira will spend the rest of her life in a convent, Zerlina and Masetto will finally go home for dinner, and Leporello will find a new master at a tavern.
- In a passageway, Elvira and Leporello are surprised by Anna, Ottavio, Zerlina and Masetto, who, mistaking servant for master, threaten Leporello.
- Count Basie was the master of timing, says Terry, Ellington was the master musician.
- Lloyd Reese was a master musician, he knew jazz and all the fundamentals of music from the beginning.
- Reverend Gary Davis, also known as Blind Gary Davis, was a master musician who felt comfortable playing in a wide variety of styles and techniques.
- He is known throughout Asia as a renowned scholar, teacher and meditation master of Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism.
- He was the former abbot of the Surmang monasteries in Tibet and a meditation master of the Kagyu and Nyingma lineages.
- We teachers can only help the work going on, as servants wait upon a master.
- Beach Volleyball will help you master the skills of the game.
- The Master then recruited the help of Guan Yu, who did battle with Chi You over the lake and triumphed, whereupon the lake resumed salt production.
- Now Katara and Sokka must safeguard the child Avatar in his journey to master all four elements and save the world from the Fire Nation.
- When they finally arrive at the North Pole, Katara and Aang met Master Pakku, a waterbending master.
- The next day at the palace, Katara pleads with Chief Arnook to make Master Pakku take Aang back as his student.
- After earning a master of fine arts degree in 1949, Lichtenstein stayed on at Ohio State for two years as an instructor.
- She moved to Lawrence from Virginia in May and began work on her Master of Fine Arts degree in scenography.
- However, she has also attended master classes with teachers such as Tibor Varga, Ruggiero Ricci, Dimitri Sitkovetsky and Dorothy DeLay.
- Jessica also holds a Master of Music degree from the Manhattan School of Music, where she studied under the tutelage of Pinchas Zukerman and Patinka Kopec.
- She received a Master of Music degree in composition from the University of Regina.
- Eric went on to the Juilliard School, earning his Master of Music degree and studying with Pulitzer Prize - and Oscar -winning composer John Corigliano.
- Buddha Shakyamuni predicted the coming of a King of Samadhi, master of Mahamudra meditation, and this is understood to refer to Gampopa.
- Benedetto Castelli, and Evangelista Torricelli, two of the disciples of Galileo, applied the discoveries of their master to the science of hydrodynamics.
- Calling themselves bhikkus, or "disciples," they wandered the countryside in yellow robes (in order to indicate their bhakti, or "devotion" to the master).
- This game had a sequel for the PlayStation called Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia, which had limited success and was criticized for its slow gameplay.
- The first Bluetooth device in the piconet is the master, and all other devices are slaves that communicate with the master.
- Many freed slaves either created family names themselves or else adopted the name of their former master.
- Allen recorded that Stokeley was a very tender and humane man who was more like a father to his slaves than a master.
- Slave training is a BDSM activity usually involving a consensual power exchange between two people taking on the roles of a master or mistress and a slave.
- The master may not poll the slave if time left to transmit MAC Protocol Data Unit (MPDU) is less than MaxMPDUTime.
- In a piconet a Bluetooth unit can play 2 roles, either master or slave.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Art
- Education > Learning > Teaching > Teacher
- Knowledge > Education > Students > Student
- Thought > Belief > Religion > Teachings
* Chess Master
* Grand Master
* Master Key
* Master List
* Master Teacher
* Roman World
* Science Degree
* Spiritual Master
Books about "Master" in